Potential: Group One Game Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Potential: Group One Game Thread

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Parke, presumably having been retroactively filled in on what's going on, helps Jornen and Roule.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:37 am

"Yes, I'm enjoying being out of the centre of attention quite a bit, thanks. I really hadn't needed any help; and I wasn't the only person in pain.... yourself included..... It was a very confusing moment, made much more embarassing by dropping a tray... then having two of you try to come to my rescue? Ugh! But, I suppose, thank you?"

Theis looks around to make sure there are no one nearby to listen in on their conversation

"I wasn't aware it would be such a big problem trying to help.. But let's not dwell on that, seems weirder things are going on. This might be a weird question, but do you feel kinda splitted about who you are?.."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:05 am

Leonie looks at his face to see if she should risk telling him. "All of us in the tavern who well... seemed to be hurt at the exact same moment... we all look more... Real? Than everyone else. Feeling split? Yes.... that would be a good way to describe it."
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:18 pm

"We are a couple others in town feeling the same, actually it seems everyone that seems more real or vibrant feels split between two persons. We kinda want to figure out why or what it means but it's hard since it also seems we have some amnesia to go along with it, atleast that's how I feel. We're going to meet at the tavern a bit later today and discuss what we are going to do, but I think we'll find some supplies and go looking for answers elsewhere. Atleast that's what Naya and I talked about."

Theis looks at the cat for a moment before closing his eyes while trying to push his mental fatigue away before opening them again.

"We also discovered something weird while we were fishing.. Could you put your cat down on the ground? I might be able to show you or at least give you a gist about it."

Theis will extend his aura to a stone or a similar non interesting object for the cat before it goes in a straight line for the cat. From there he attempts to lure the cat towards the item as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

Afterwards if it's succesful he'll crouch down and extend his arm towards the cat afterwards waiting for it to approach him in case it wants more attention.
Last edited by Theis2 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited my action at the end
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:32 pm

"Only if he wants to," Leonie says, holding the cat loosely so that he can jump down if he wants to. "I'm not sure I'm comfortable letting you try anything, whatever it is that you want to try. So I would rather not, but if he wants to he can."

"If you're thinking of going elsewhere... there is a caravan that is leaving in a week that the traders use. I want to go with it, because it seems natural. Leonie... that's me... has moved around a lot. I've already let Ungar, the innkeeper, know that I plan to leave then; in fact, I want to help locate his daughter and she was last known to be in X. In the meantime I want to try to learn something at least semi-useful so that I can help out and maybe not have to pay to go. The fishermen and I were talking, and they passed on some information about the people here. Tiril has a notebook that he writes in, so I want to meet him and borrow it. Parke and Akron are the closest to militia here - Akron is a blacksmith, and Parke is more a handyman and the best at wood working. And Booke is here, a hunter, so he'll have knowledge of archery. That's what I plan to be doing in the next week - I want to meet these people and see what I can learn from them. I won't be able to sit and talk at the tavern, at least not at first, because I'll be working for Ungar. I've no idea what's going on... but I'd like to keep Leonie's life as close to normal for her as I can."

OOC:I forgot what the city name was and am too lazy to go back and look for it! And nikohl - I'd rather you let the cat decide whether or not he wants to get down.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:14 am

((I'm going to rule that the cat probably wouldn't climb down just for being held a bit more loosely. If he was held near the floor, i.e. in a "wanna go down?" movement, he might go, but as he is a cat, he doesn't understand what they're going on about so he can't make a judgement call that he would be happy to be demonstrated upon and hop himself down based upon that - all he really knows is that the humans are going BLA BLA BLA and now he's not being held as tight. *shrug*.

However, I'm also going to say that Theis could demonstrate his glow-lure thing while Leonie is holding him, and would be aware that he could try that, because the effect comes from him. Heck, he could try to have his glow affect a tree in some way - it's just him trying to impress his will on the world. So it's up to you guys what happens next, but the cat won't just hop down and sit on the floor right now, because he's not a trained animal and even if he was, no-one asked him to do it.))

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:41 am

((Sounds right to me! I wouldn't put the cat down, nor would Leonie. But my cats often jump down if I hold onto them loosely - not always, but usually. :) ))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:29 am

"Oh, it's nothing harmful, but it seems to come from whatever happened."

"The caravan might be a good place to start. What do you expect to find in Tiril's notebook?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:01 am

"I'm not fully sure, the fishermen just said that he writes in it a lot. I like to read, and well... I'd rather learn as much as I can. As it is, even going out for a walk seems to be a strange enough choice for me. This place... seems very different from what I'm used to. I'd like to learn more about it. And... if it's nothing harmful, can you still try it out on something besides my cat? I'm rather fond of him and just don't want to put him into any situation that I'm not 100% sure on."

OOC: Theis, you haven't introduced yourself to Leonie, so she doesn't know that you ARE Tiril!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:40 am

"Sooo, you are going to find Tiril and just ask for his notebook, not knowing what's in it and tell him you just want to learn everything you can? What if it's a private journal or diary? Still want to read that?..
Theis lifts one of his brows at Leonie not really sure what to expect. He's not sure if it's from himself or Tiril that makes him want to keep it a secret. Perhaps it's from a bit of both.

"I'm not sure I can do it without the cat, but it might also be for the best that I rest because it's rather taxing from my few attempts earlier.

OOC: Fully on purpose that I didn't mention I'm Tiril yet :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:55 pm

OOC: I know, you're a jerk :P

"From what I gathered through conversation with both Ungar and the fishermen, books seem quite scarce. The likelyhood of someone here using it for writing their emotions down.... just doesn't seem probable. It's much more likely it's for something more practical, especially as he is a farmhand. Books don't seem like something that would be cheap here, so for a farm hand to spend his money on a journal... it's likely something useful. I figure I'll just ask him nicely about what's in it and ask if he'd lend it to me to read over the next few days."

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Jornen and Roule (and presumably Parke now) start a-mixin' cement and get to work on the next stage of the wall
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:56 am

Theis, satisfied with the questions and having reached a conclusion, though it's seems to be mostly Tiril that decided what to do.

"Just a shame that it is kind of a private book that I'm not ready to share. My name is Theis, or Tiril as I'm known as around here. I wasn't just a farmhand before I got here. But regarding the others you mentioned, I think Akron? is the only guy that wasn't affected by this.. split personality amnesia stuff happening. The others are and will be at the tavern later today."

OOC: Guess I'm still a jerk :roll: :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:35 am

Leonie laughs good-naturedly. "So you just led me on then to see what I'd say, knowing full well who you were and that I didn't know??" She shakes her head as her short burst of laughter ends. "What else were you then, if not just a farmhand? There's no shame in being a farmer... I'm apparently a tavern wench!" she pauses to briefly laugh at herself, and nuzzles the cat.

"What's in the book then if you won't share? I don't see a point in hiding information, the more we, collectively I guess, know about this world the safer we will be. And if you were willing to show or try... whatever it was that you wanted to experiment with on my cat (which, by the way, you haven't even tried to explain...)..... I fail to see the logic in withholding whatever information you've gathered in a book. If you say it's something like poetry, well, I just don't buy that. Books don't seem that easy to come by here. Are you planning on reading it over tonight yourself? I doubt you remember all that's in it... just like there's so much that I don't know."

She begins to walk back towards the tavern if Tiril joins her, and will pause to collect a bit of the fishhead soup for the cat's dinner later. When/if Naya joins up with them, she'll continue.

"I won't be able to sit and chat at the Inn during dinner - I will be working. I think it's important for me to maintain my identity, plus it's money and pays for my room. I plan to find my way to Seelee, some city where there's a chance that Ungar's daughter is in. I've decided I'd like to help him reconnect with her, and if the rest of you have nothing urgent to do then you're welcome to join me. If you could ask Book and Parke about either lending or making me a bow and some training arrows, that'd be great. I'll check in throughout the evening when it's not busy with you. But for now, I suppose I'd better wash up before I get started on dinner."

After their responses, Leonie will separate from them to go to the well to wash up - where she'll also take a good long look at herself to see if her face sparks any memories.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:08 pm

"Well, it's always a tad bit exciting when a stranger have a sudden interest in your stuff. But I think I used to be in charge of a large farm, not sure if I owned it or not though. The book is a work in progress and honestly I don't feel like sharing it at the moment for several reasons even though it might not tell my inner secrets but I still hold it pretty close to me. Maybe another time."

Theis scratches his chin as Leonie talks about the dinner meeting.

"I've talked with Nix about that too. We kinda ended up agreeing that it might be for the best to mention that something happened today or at least try to leave while being on good terms with the village rather than just vanishing. Not entirely sure about how they would react though.. But I think we are going to discuss that at the tavern too if it isn't too full of people."

When Leonie leaves, he'll join Nix and maybe try support her bartering attempt by including the struggle of the catch in an (hopefully) entertaining way if the situation arises.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Just before she leaves Leonie says "If you say that something happened to you... leave me out of that, will you? I've already explained myself to Ungar and need no other reason for leaving. See you later!"

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:54 am

roule works hard singing a punny working song
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Parke, Roule and Jornen:

Now that Jornen and Parke have fetched all the necessary components for the mortar, and Roule's cleaned up the old stones and stacked them ready for re-use, it's wall buildin' time!

The men decide to mix the whole batch of mortar at once, but keep it moist and in the shade in case it dries up in the evening's still-warm sun before they use it all. Roule nips to the well for a bucket of water while Jornen and Parke portion out a good measure of clay, some sharp beach sand, and some of the crushed up old mortar that Roule saved. When Roule returns with the water they start mixing, with Parke in charge of adding the dry ingredients, Roule in charge of dripping in water to loosen the clay, and Jornen taking charge of folding it all together with his trowel and calling for a little bit more water, a little bit more sand, and so on.
► Show Spoiler
When Jornen's satisfied that what they've got looks sort of like it'd hold a wall together, they pick out the biggest stones for the bottom, and start building.
► Show Spoiler
With three of them all working together, they soon each find a role - one in charge of choosing an appropriate stone, one applying mortar to it, and one situating it in the large gap in the wall - and their little production line is speeding along nicely. Roule starts to sing a song about "another brick in the wall", humming at times when he can't remember the lyrics... and while he can't quite place why it makes him suddenly want pudding, the drudging rhythm of the tune that sprang to his mind helps the three men keep pace with each other and they make good progress.
► Show Spoiler
There's still plenty of wall to be built, but they're making short work of it together now that all their tools and materials are in one place and they're able to just get on with it. It's surprisingly easy.
► Show Spoiler
--

Brooklin:

Brooklin returns to the snares he'd set earlier. He finds that both of them have been successful in catching an animal - in one snare there is a mouse-looking creature with a fluffy tail, which is caught around the waist and looking extremely sorry for itself, and in the other a few strides away is a large black-and-white faced creature with a brindled grey-cream body, which is only caught by the hind-leg and which is angrily chewing at the sinew that holds it in place. The mouse-y thing squeaks and tries to hide as Brooklin approaches, but the larger creature's hackles raise and it growls aggressively.
► Show Spoiler
He's pretty sure that the larger creature is a badger (and is impressed that his snare has held a creature that big - although the badger is working on getting itself free and will succeed before too long), and he recognises the smaller creature as some kind of local mouse but can't think of the name of it.
► Show Spoiler
He could look around for more tracks, but feels he should probably deal with that badger first. It looks pissed.

--

Nix and Theis:

Nix finishes her trade with the fishermen, collecting and stowing her bag o'dried fish in her area of the room, and leaving her fishing equipment in the lean-to with the others to dry and for safekeeping. When she returns she seems happy to just listen to the conversation going on around her (as Thinks is away!)

Theis chats to Leonie for a while, until she leaves to go back to the tavern, saying she'll see them later.

(I didn't know whether you two were heading back to the centre of the village and I didn't want to assume - if you were, there's plenty of time for you to have gotten there at the end of this last turn, so just say so and I'll edit this so that you're there.)

--

Leonie:

Leonie takes a little bit of fishhead stew for the cat - which the men think is very weird, but since she didn't take any for herself as well, they don't care, since it's "her portion" that she's chosen to give to him. She carries it along in a wooden bowl, with the cat walking along behind her.

When she reaches the well, she puts the bowl of stew down - the cat ignores it for now, apparently still full from his fishhead earlier - and draws up a bucket of water to wash her hands and face in. She has a look at herself in the clear surface of the water, and sees the darkly tanned skin, wild strawberry-blonde hair and bright hazel-yellow eyes that she instinctively knew she would. She recognises herself, but also recognises that it is in some way still not-herself, as if there could have been someone else in the surface of the water instead and until she looked, she wasn't sure which face would be looking back.

No particular memories seem to be shaken loose by this close inspection of her face, but she does realise it has been a while since Leonie had seen herself - she knows what a mirror is, but can't recall owning one or seeing one around town, certainly not in her room or in any of the rooms she cleaned in the tavern, and apparently Leonie wasn't big on checking her reflection in the water very often. She notices a smudge of dust on her forehead.

----
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Brooklin knows better than messing with a honeybadger. He grabs his bow and lets loose close to it's heart.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Leonie sighs and scrubs at her forehead with a wet hand to try to remove some of the smudge.

"Cat, why didn't you tell me that I had dirt on my forehead?!" she says with a laugh, knowing full well that cats don't talk. She'll use a "clean" part of her skirt, near the bottom (, as a cloth while she crouches down. After cleaning her face, and mostly just scrubbing away at her hands as best as she can, Leonie will pour the bucket back out somewhere nearby that looks like it could use some water.

Heading back to the Inn, Leonie pops up to her room to put the bowl of fish stew down for the cat, and desposits her money into her pocket. Leaving the door open a crack so that the cat can go in or out as he pleases, unless he chooses to follow her back out of the room in which case she'll close the door, she heads down past Ungar.

"Hey, I'm just popping round to the shop, I'll be right back to get started on some cleaning and supper!" she says cheerfully and with a quick wave.

She'll then pop over to the shop and let the shopkeeper know that she just wants to take a really good look around.

(She'll use the entire turn to look at his inventory)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Brooklin:

Brooklin doesn't want to risk getting too close to the (regular european) badger, so he draws his bow and shoots at the beast, which is flailing around trying to get loose from the trap.
► Show Spoiler
Rather annoyingly for Brooklin, the arrow thonks into the tree near to the badger's head, startling it but not harming it in the slightest.

--

Leonie:

The cat looks dispassionately at Leonie as he is scolded for not being helpful, and chooses to take the opportunity to clean his own face while she cleans hers - he sits down and delicately licks one paw, dragging it from behind his ear over his forehead and down to his nose several times until he's satisfied that side is clean, and then repeating with the other paw and the other ear. He stays by the well while Leonie goes inside.

Ungar nods his assent when Leonie explains that she's nipping to the shop - he looks to be getting things ready for dinner, so her timing's pretty good.

The shop is within sight of both the tavern and the well, so it takes her no time at all to get to it - and the shopkeep is inside and doing a bit of tidying up, so is quick to answer the door and let her in. "Ah! Plenty of customers today! Anything in particular, or just browsing?" He leaves her to look around once it's clear she's planning to take a good look at the stock, and carries on with dusting and tidying. It seems people have already had a fairly good rummage around quite recently, as stuff is laid out in a way that looks like it's been moved to see what was behind/under it and then put down elsewhere; the shopkeep is putting stuff back on shelves, dusting things, adjusting baskets full of bits and pieces to contain groups of the same item, and taking the opportunity to display things in a bit more of an orderly fashion after the presumed recent look-round.
► Show Spoiler
--

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Brooklin sighs and tries to put another arrow in it's heart, hoping it will stop squriming

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Brooklin:

Brooklin tries again.
► Show Spoiler
Apparently his frustration is affecting his aim, because this arrow goes even wider, not even hitting the tree like the last one - it disappears into the forest behind the badger, which has definitely noticed it is being shot at and started desperately gnashing at the sinew of the snare holding its leg.

The mouse-looking thing looks like it has fainted from the shock of it all, though. That's handy.

--

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:55 pm

Brooklin takes a deep and calming breath before letting loose again.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Leonie takes a mental note of the blank book, and the various types of string and wood, wondering if they'd be useful for making a bow or not....

Otherwise she just keeps on looking to see everything she can see.