Time Capsule OoC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Time Capsule OoC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:17 am

Where you can talk about the game without gaming.

I am glad you guys read at least part of the huge warning, it was amusing to do and see you react.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Time Capsule OoC

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:13 pm

It was amusing to read. Nice one. :)

Also, I should note that, while I still haven't entirely got a handle on Fry's character, I wasn't planning on him being quite so argumentative. It probably won't stay that way. It just felt right at the time. A combination of my lack of sleep, his disorientation, and being told off for acting goofy.

I'm trying to find a balance between someone actually knowledgeable, useful, and intelligent and still having some connection to his namesakes. So far, it's coming up as a skilled engineer who's wacky in the head. Which, let me tell you, is absolutely and totally unrealistic...

Oh yeah, and on that subject: He's the one on the team with mechanical skill. He was half expecting to wake up to a post-apocalyptic world and having to rebuild basic technology. Instead, he's being greeted by tourists with holographic cameras. He's torn between "Wow, that's awesome! I can't wait to see what else they've got!" and "Well, crap. There goes my usefulness. Everything I've spent the last several years learning is child's play to what they must be teaching now." Ever see the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode with Scotty, where they retrieve him from several decades of stasis? He tries to make himself useful. He's accustomed to being a miracle worker with the technology of his day. But he's missed so much that all he can do is get in the way. He has less understanding of the workings of the Enterprise D than an ensign fresh out of the Academy. Or imagine Alan Turing being brought just 100 years forward in time. A cell phone with more processing power than the sum total of every computing device on the planet in his time would be an absolute wonder. Learning to actually use it and understand how it works and write programs for it... He'd be utterly lost.

Which has Fry torn between "OMG! Awesome! Whee!" and "Dammit. There goes my life's work. I'll be lucky if I can work my way up to the level of a high school student. Very lucky. It doesn't look like we're even the same species anymore." Hence: giddy and grumpy at the same time.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:24 pm

It's very cool so far. The glowing hand thing is just flavour and can be temporary or not as Theis decides, but I thought it was funny :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Or it was a hallucination made by you. ;) and glad you guys like it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:15 pm

WearsHats wrote:I wasn't planning on him being quite so argumentative.
My fault. Nathanial's a duelist of sorts. He's not a hostile person, but when your words or actions reflect poorly on him, he won't stand for it. And goodness help you if you actually insult him. He'll make sure the swords are blunt before entering a fight, but that doesn't mean it won't hurt.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:12 pm

...is it bad that i am not rolling dice yet? :shifty:

Anyways I minda want you guys to roll dice if you feel it is nessicary ( or when we are in combat), or when i ask for dice rolls. I prefer the use of invisible castle or cayote dice roller if ic is down.

The code is as follows:

Code: Select all

xd6.open(6).hits(5)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:22 pm

You're the GM. It's your game. Roll when you see fit. If you think Thinks should get a spot check, roll one. But if there's nothing for her to spot, why bother?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:27 pm

Okay....but please don't yell at me when i make so many mistakes. :lol:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Deal. If you agree to do the same when I finally get around to running a game. :)

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:19 pm

WearsHats wrote:Deal. If you agree to do the same when I finally get around to running a game. :)
Deal. :)

Also i may forget time to time to roll. Doesn't mean nothing is there just means i am being a derp, and any info given out due to me derpig is still info you have. I won't set you guys back due to my mistakes. Or at least on purpose. Which means thinks knows what i put up.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:31 am

Howdy! Not sure how many folk we're waiting on, but maybe it's worth updating anyway?

Also, I'm not sure where we can go now though except through the door with the creepy guy or into the crowd... Is that about right, or can we see anything else to do (windows, emergency exits, that kind of thing)?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:44 am

Yea i was thinkin about that.

Also I know you want to leave, but exiting the room has a hallway. I presume you just want to explore until you find an exit?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 am

Right now I just want to see what the guy guarding the door will do really. I'm not in a hurry to rush out into the city without a guide and get run over by a flying bin lorry or anything. I just don't want to be a specimen on display any more :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:02 am

Oh. There isn't a guy guarding the door, there is a hallway though, with a left and right path.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:41 am

Oh, ok I must have misunderstood - I thought the creepy guy was standing in front of a door. I want to know more about him though, so I'll see what he does when Zoe walks up to him first. I'll see about leaving next turn.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:42 am

Still interested in the game, but I'm both unwell and busy this week. Do not have the resources to try to explain the world to an anthropologist. Fry may have to just follow quietly along for a while.

► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed May 06, 2015 3:26 am

OOC: For what it's worth, Fry is skeptical that a time machine exists, and if it does, he figures it would be nigh impossible to get to. That may be the assignment he was given by the researchers who froze him thousands of years ago, but he agreed to be frozen because he didn't really have much to go back to. He had no particular loyalty to them when they froze him, and their entire society - heck, the whole species - is long gone. Now he's on an almost alien planet, and he finds that fascinating. He'll help the others if he can (depending on what they want and how they ask him), but he's looking to the long haul. Which means his next steps are getting a job, buying a phone, obtaining Internet access, making friends with the historian, and pumping him (and the Internet) for information about the world.
► Show Spoiler
I'll go with whatever you make up. It's a game, and I don't want to be the annoying nerd who keeps going "Uhm, excuse me, but that wouldn't work..." (The voice in the back of my head that does do that has ruined a lot of movies for me.) I'll invoke the MST3K mantra from here. But I just had to get that off my chest this once.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 06, 2015 3:42 am

That's fair enough, and it's not unreasonable to want to settle in here. Zoe doesn't have much to go back to either except a bunch of debt, but she's not the sort who enjoys learning from reading so much as learning by immersion. She's also looking to test the boundaries of this society a little and see how far she can push people / rules before she gets called out.

She's not got the work ethic or attention span to be a cleaner or hold down a "normal" job for any particular length of time unless it's serving some more interesting purpose.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed May 06, 2015 4:10 am

Well, I figure the "job" at the museum is living exhibit. Play monkey for the crowd on the other side of the glass, satisfy the historian's curiosity, etc. That's entertaining enough for Fry. And it gets him what he wants - more information, while remaining in relative safety and earning some money.

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 06, 2015 6:38 am

Shhhhhh. Don't tell them that i dont know much about how meteors work. I figured that if earthquakes could shorten or lengthen days i figured meteors would do more. Oops.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 06, 2015 7:54 am

Pretty much any event that can slow down the Earth's rotation significantly would also be expected to cause cataclysm. That doesn't really matter, though, life has survived cataclysmic events before, and these guys have done so along with making a survivable environment for us.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)