Home to all current Forum Games.
Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

The Gobl'Inn

Post by Wolfie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:56 am

Welcome to the Gobl'Inn!
Well, this is the, um.. 4th? 5th? 10th? version of said Inn, but we're still here... Mostly. :D

Let me give you the basic run down. The Gobl'Inn is where all the Goblins, Hobgoblins, Elves, Krakens, Warlocks, Dwarves, and other Thuntonians come to shoot the breeze, have a drink, blow stuff up, and patch it up afterwards, hopefully. We're a rowdy bunch, a quiet bunch, an in-between bunch that likes to have fun, swing from the rafters, sleep on the back of the sofa, and otherwise have a good time. There are plenty of tables, a huge bar, a game room in the back complete with ball pit and slides, bedrooms upstairs if you imbibe too much or are up too late, and an attic with a history.

Mind your manners, keep to the code, and watch out for the trick step that goes up to the attic. If you ask some of the Old Regulars, they may tell you some stories of the previous incarnations of this beloved place.

► Show Spoiler
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Re: The Gobl'Inn

Post by Wolfie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:59 am

Aaah, finally done with the sweeping. I lean on the broom, looking out the front door of the newly remodeled Gobl'Inn, hoping it doesn't get blown up again any time soon.

Hope we get customers soon. The tables are empty.... Guess I better go check on that ball pit.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:35 am

Wanders in and sits down...
One Royal Rummer please...heavy on the lime

Looks over at Wolfie in the ball pit...

"Er...did you turn Warlock's Pit of Despair into a ball pit?"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:48 am

<A Royal Rummer appears in front of you>

"No, That's over in that room and it costs 5 gold pieces and you need to sign a liability form to enter. The ball pit is borrowed from the chatroom." Wolfie sits at the table with Quarg with a drink in her hand. "Pretty day for a grand opening..."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:57 am

"I entered once, turned into a possessed skeletal hand that someone tried to use as a weapon..."

Looks out the nearby window..."Isn't it always a pretty day in the Thuntverse here? I mean has anyone seen it rain?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Jibjib slams open the door and stumps in, doing his best to keep the rainwater dripping off him contained to the doormat.

"Sweet DM the weather is terrible out there! My fault for using the English entrance I guess..."
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:22 pm

A wolf's head pops out of the ball pit as the door closes again, I'll swap you. Constant dreariness and rain would be amazing. Would need a more reasonable form, but that could be managed."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:15 am

Oh, go play with your toys....

*Throws Dlover a toy duck to play with*

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:09 am

Oooh, I'd forgotten about the different entrance selector. You could try Hawaii next time. You'd get lei'd on the way in.

Wolfie hands Jibjib a warm drink to make him feel better and walks around to ensure everyone else is feeling at home.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:12 am

A toy duck? Really? I have some dignity, you know. If it isn't going to roll or run when I hit it, there's not point in chasing it. Makes ball pits perfect fun.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:22 am

As soaking wet goblins runs in...
Hello all, Pat dragons here, Thank god I found this place, Are the others here yet? We're suppose to celebrate our capture the flag win but when it started raining heavily I lost the others as i needed to make a detour."

Looks around and sees a few people he recognizes but none of the other CTF players.
"Wow i must be first, I'll have your cheapest non alcoholic drink please."

Edited
Last edited by Patdragon on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:30 am

(Goodness it's painful to look at that writing. Is it really necessary to highlight it?)
My game:

My characters:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:35 am

Sorry about that, I kinda had my evil voice on there for a moment, a throw back from my Uncle, Forges for food who had to do it because he always blended into the background.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:37 am

Patdragon wrote:"Wow i must be first, I'll have your cheapest non alcoholic drink please."
<water appears in front of Patdragon>

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:38 am

Blending in is good, though. Your prey doesn't see you coming if you blend in.
My game:

My characters:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:45 am

"I guess that's true but as he wanted to be noticed and he only really hung out in the GAL Four rooms there wasn't much prey there."

Sipping his water, and realizing he could have just filled one himself from outside, or his dripping nature here sits near the window that has sun glaring in to dry off.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:53 am

Bah, if there isn't much prey, there's no need to be there. Life isn't life without a nice fat rabbit or chicken every now and then.
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:54 am

*Claps Hands*

Toy duck gets up...Quacks...tries to bite Dlover and then runs away under the tables...

"Like I said, go play with your toy..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Patdragon wrote:As soaking wet goblins runs in...
Hello all, Pat dragons here, Thank god I found this place, Are the others here yet? We're suppose to celebrate our capture the flag win but when it started raining heavily I lost the others as i needed to make a detour."

Looks around and sees a few people he recognizes but none of the other CTF players.
"Wow i must be first, I'll have your cheapest non alcoholic drink please."

Edited
A goblin with a pair of antlers ducttaped to his head sits off in the corner shaking his head sadly. "That spell was such a waste, the rain barely got started before they finished the game. Next time I've gotta remember to start things earlier."

"Hey Serves, I'm in the mood for something hoppy, can you get me a Loose Cannon? ... errr... the IPA that is. Gotta remember where I'm standing lest I get a real cannon pointed in my face."
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:00 pm

<you see Serves start to smile... then frown, and hands you a beer>

Hey Moose, long time no see.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Erf! Birdprey is not meant to bite back! Bounding out of the ball pit, I take off after the duck, scattering balls about the room.
My game:

My characters:

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:27 am

The building creaks ominously as a heavy, coiling form settles in the rafters. It's point of entry is concealed in shadow.

"Yo. I'll have a whiskey until somebody reopens the ghost bar."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:07 pm

"Hey, we know how to entertain Wolves around here..."

Quarg sips his drink...

"Why is when I note the lack of rain in this verse everyone shows up getting wet outside it?"

The duck keeps running and dogging...but not that fast... ;)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:13 pm

"Murphy's Law."

A droplet of water falls from the ceiling to its death upon the table, inches from Quarg's mug. The shadowy form above adjusts its aim.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Come to me, birdprey! Your rubbery flesh will tear beneath my might!
My game:

My characters: