Time Capsule

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Time Capsule

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:57 pm

A calm voice is heard around you "Greetings applicants and thank you for your service. Before we begin, we are going to test the warning system so you know what to listen for. Remember these are only tests.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Warning. Warning. Insufficient power in grid initiating emergency wake up.

Warning warning, insufficient power in grid. Initiating emergency wake up.

Warning. Warning Insufficient power and unlivable environment. Initiating deep sleep procedure.

Warning. Warning Insufficient power and unlivable environment. Initiating deep sleep procedure.

Beeeeeeeeep.

This concludes the test.

Thank you for precipitating in the safe statis. Safe statis the one you can trust.

Warning, Safe Statis is not actually safe. It has been proven to potentially cause: coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, diabetes, amnesia, dysentery, leukemia, cancer, bad breath, mold, sneezing, allergies, laser vision, does not actually cause laser vision, internal bleeding, death, chocking, erectile dysfunction, severe case of not giving a damn, dizziness, nausea, tiredness, insomnia, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing, laziness, inability to eat, rabies, bubonic plague, headaches, filter, forced to repeat yourself, forced to repeat yourself, forced to repeat yourself, obsessive compulsive disorder, redness, rashes, bedsores, growing long nails, itchiness, leaking of fluids, purple flying monkeys, hallucinations, depression, mania, psychopathy, peeing blood, vomiting blood, inability to eat vegetables, glowing, fungus, mold, athlete's foot, irritability, stroke, heart attack, infections, inability to speak, inability to walk, paralysis, coma, stunted growth, calcium deficiency, weak bone structure, aching back, tore ligaments, muscle spasms, epilepsy, discomfort, brain freeze, lock jaw and other assorted side effects.

Now, go into the statis pod and relax. Think of nothing as smooth Jazz plays and fades to nothing and sleep."

--------------

You hear a female voice "Homo Saphien: un o prim do Homo Dues n Homo Neotox. Do barb o prim causk fin do Homo Saphien, causk de terr y devis. Fina knowle prim in fiv ni tri dos. Es prim un statis un de dos quad cent. Es prim Homo Saphien woak a la anne tyempo."

You then hear a familiar recorded voice. "Test subjects it is the end of the statis period, it is time to wake up."

When you wake up you are blinded by many lights. You see a mass blurred crowd of people. The first faces you see are different than any human you have seen, with larger eyes, smaller noses, thinner mouths and smaller ears. Some of the faces in the crowd are obscured as if they are wearing masks.

When the pods open you hear them yelling in excitement. The closest people rush to your area and many take holographic photos. Some others, notably the smaller ones make monkey and fish faces toward you.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Time Capsule

Post by WearsHats » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Fry McMartin: Fry looks around with wide-eyed wonder. He stares intensely at a spot on the wall. Nothing happens. "Aww, man! I didn't get laser vision? ... Meh, I don't really give a damn." He looks at the strange people around him. "So this is the future, huh? And I see there's advanced technology. I knew we'd make it! Take that, H. G. Wells!" Facing the ones making fish and monkey faces, he gives the Vulcan salute. "Greetings, fellow Earthlings! We come with peas! Take me to your lederhosen!"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Nathanial rolls his eyes, "Don't give them false impressions, friend. We're here to learn about their culture, and about scientific advancements. If necessary, we'll teach them about our culture, too. But we don't want their first impressions of us to be that we're... Well, how you just acted." Taking a couple of steps forwards, he speaks out loudly, as though he were presenting a tournament at a festival, "Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, people of all ages. It would appear that our waking has brought about a great deal of anticipation, but there will be time for such excitement later. For the moment, we need to speak with anybody who can tell us what has occurred in the world while we slept."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Perrythepom
Remains Silent

Post by Perrythepom » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Ruprecht of Sneydham, who up to this point was in his own little world quietly brushing some dust off his top hat, suddenly notices the massed crowd of plebeians around the party and pounces upon the opportunity to glean some vital information.

"I say, chaps, coohee!" he chimes in, with his most eloquent elocution "Would any of you happen to know the time? Only my pocket-watch appears to be in need of a good winding, and I'd be awfully distraught if I were to be labouring under the misapprehension of having the wrong time. You see I'm a..."

He turns to the rest of the party and quietly mutters to them "Good lord, how do I say this without sounding so horrendously clich├®d?"

With a shrug and a slight frown, he turns back to the crowd

"Hmm, I suppose I'm rather what you'd refer to as something of a... time traveller. Oh, as are these lot with me."

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:23 pm

"Our culture is diverse, Nathan, as we seem to be demonstrating already. And if you think this occasion calls for dignity and gravitas, I would say the people making fish faces at us would disagree. Frankly, I'd rather laugh with them then have them laughing at us. To them, we're Neanderthals. At least until we establish a rapport. And what better way to do that than to play with them? It's a great equalizer. And a lot more fun. Now, if you'll excuse me, let's see if they know moose!" Fry holds his hands up to his head, palms out and fingers spread like moose antlers.

Hearing Ruprecht, he turns. "Time travelers? These aren't exactly time machines. They're stasis pods. Look around you. The technology. The evolutionary changes. We're thawed out cavemen. Living history. And I'm pretty sure they know it.

"On the bright side, we've got much to learn and explore. On the down side, we're obsolete. It was a risk we knew we were taking when we signed up for this one way trip. But hey, I didn't have much going on in the 21st century. Now there's a whole alien world with new technology and who knows what. I'm going to have as much fun with it as I can! And if I'm going to make myself look ridiculous, I'm going to do it on my terms."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:46 pm

"You call that building a rapport? Playing like a child is hardly going to convince them that we're worth more than the sort of passing attention cloned sheep got. We may be unfamiliar with the technologies of this time, but we are not neanderthals."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Perrythepom
Remains Silent

Post by Perrythepom » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:01 am

Ruprecht merely rolls his eyes at this debate.

"Travelling forward is still, presumably, a form of travel. And do you not recall our mission directive to procure a functional time machine of our own? I would say this rather qualifies us as time travellers."

"Good lord," he grumbles in Nathaniel's ear, intentionally loud enough for Fry to hear "somebody awoke on the wrong side of the stasis pod."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:57 am

Zoe stares in amazement at the scene in front of her. A part of her had never expected to wake up from stasis. Not really. But she'd needed the money and a quick escape from a sticky situation so what can you do?

She continues to keep the look of wonder on her face as she slowly turns a full 360 degrees, scanning the crowd for anyone who looks like they might hold some kind of power, and checking behind her in case there are staff or guards or anything. She'll also quickly check out what she's wearing and if there's anything in her pockets (if she has any).
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:47 am

Joergen slowly starts stretching while he does his best to take in the scene in front of him.

"Maybe we should wait with the quarreling to after we figured out if they even speak our languages anymore. 10,000 years really did something to the people.. Think pointing to the wrist still indicates we want to know what time it is? Actually more important.. are all of you feeling alright?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Perrythepom
Remains Silent

Post by Perrythepom » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:21 am

"Frankly Joergen, I haven't had something to eat for a few millenia. I can't speak for the others, but I'm not an excellent decision maker on an empty stomach. Should we see about procuring some cucumber sandwiches, perhaps?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:29 am

"I've got a bit of a headache, but hopefully it'll clear up... Do you know your left hand is glowing?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:45 pm

When Fry makes the Vulcan salute, the ones making faces mimic the gesture and one of them grabs the pants of a larger person and points at Fry.

"Greetings, fellow Earthlings! We come with peas! Take me to your lederhosen!"

They stare a bit and one of them starts recoding, evidenced by the fact that there is now a holographic version of him up in the air. They murmur to each other and the kid that mimic him earlier tries to mimic him.

Green trees, fel Unarthing! E com with pez! Tok me tweu er ledur hos!

Nathanel rolls his eyes and talks down to Fry, the people quickly taking note and murmuring something about ÔÇ£barbÔÇØ and ÔÇ£primÔÇØ. They stopped murmuring when they hear him speak loudly.

"Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, people of all ages. It would appear that our waking has brought about a great deal of anticipation, but there will be time for such excitement later. For the moment, we need to speak with anybody who can tell us what has occurred in the world while we slept."

"I say, chaps, coohee!" he chimes in, with his most eloquent elocution "Would any of you happen to know the time? Only my pocket-watch appears to be in need of a good winding, and I'd be awfully distraught if I were to be labouring under the misapprehension of having the wrong time. You see I'm a..."
"Hmm, I suppose I'm rather what you'd refer to as something of a... time traveller. Oh, as are these lot with me."

"Our culture is diverse, Nathan, as we seem to be demonstrating already. And if you think this occasion calls for dignity and gravitas, I would say the people making fish faces at us would disagree. Frankly, I'd rather laugh with them then have them laughing at us. To them, we're Neanderthals. At least until we establish a rapport. And what better way to do that than to play with them? It's a great equalizer. And a lot more fun. Now, if you'll excuse me, let's see if they know moose!"

The man with the device seems confused and rubs his head and tries to press more and more buttons. The mimicking kid puts up moose antlers up with Fry, snickering.

"Time travelers? These aren't exactly time machines. They're stasis pods. Look around you. The technology. The evolutionary changes. We're thawed out cavemen. Living history. And I'm pretty sure they know it."

The group then continues to bicker.

ÔÇ£Mir, o prim homo saphien barb. No tymepo dos minnimi n ter a tods. Argre argre argre divres topis. No umber extint. Homo Saphien vas o prim a cul. Bick a mund. Qhy nethand.ÔÇØ

The mimicking kid bangs on the glass and holds up a device and plays a recorded version of them, only in a completely different language. The kid then tries to reply to them, putting an ear piece in, typing into a device as the kid talks.

ÔÇÿHiÔǪlow? High low? Homo saphien? Figh tah why?ÔÇØ

The crowd seperates a bit and a man comes into view. He is not like the others, his skin is ashen grey in colour and his eyes are more human like, if it were not the fact they were pure black even where they should be white. HeÔÇÖs face is emotionless and he watches them and the holorecordings.

The crowd avoids him as much as possible even the little mimicking kid as the ashen man then eyes them.

The ashen man then speaks to them. ÔÇ£Green trees, primitive humans. I am Lokial Grav, prof of ancient and primitive languages and times. Lol. So how is it like that homo saphiens are extint? How was it like in your time? How did you get around without any technology? How are you like?ÔÇØ

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Nathanial takes note of the child trying to translate and kneels down to be closer to eye level, "Hello. Yes, we are homo sapiens... Figh ta...? Fight? I wonder if there was there some big war?"

As the newcomer speaks, Nathanial frowns, waiting politely for him to finish before murmuring to himself, "Extinct? I expected some changes in the time that we slept, but I didn't think humans would be extinct... At least there is intelligent lift to carry on in the world, and someone that understands enough of our language... Oh, uh, greeting, Professor Grav. I am Nathanial Montarc," He pauses to allow others to introduce themselves, "In our time, homo Sapiens were many, living in sprawling cities and towns. We could get around using metal machines with wheels to carry us, or wings to fly, or great machines which floated on water."
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:30 pm

"It's kind of hard to describe our entire world and way of life. Turn it around. How would you explain your world to us? We'd very much like to know, actually, since we'll be living here now. But if you have specific questions about the world as it was, I'd be happy to do my best to answer them."

To the kid: "Hello!" Fry waves, an exaggerated gesture. "Why fight? Why were we arguing amongst ourselves? Is that what you mean? Well, this is a very big change for us. We just woke up in a totally different world, with no idea what to expect, and we had different reactions. The others thought my playing with you was making it harder for them to be serious. I thought they should be more willing to have fun." He dances around a bit with a big goofy smile on his face.

"Say, professor... That's a pretty useful technology that kid has. Is there any chance we could get translators? It might make things easier for everyone."

► Show Spoiler

Perrythepom
Remains Silent

Post by Perrythepom » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:35 pm

"Also, Prof, what's the saying in your language for 'Can I have some of your finest caviar?', or something along those lines? I'm awfully peckish"

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:55 pm

To Ruprecht, gently and politely: "If I might suggest, limiting our vocabulary and syntax to simple forms might be best at this point. We've got something of a language barrier."

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:40 pm

"We aren't going to be living here. Our goal is to learn about this time and what happened between our time and now, then find a way back."
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:00 pm

"I had realized that, yes. But whether returning to our own time proves to be possible or not, we're going to be living here until we do have a working time machine. Who knows how long that will be? You want to call it 'visiting' instead of 'living', that's up to you. But I don't see the point in fussing over semantics."

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:58 am

Zoe bursts out laughing when the guy says "lol" and snorts. She decides to let the others do the talking and continues to keep to herself.

(Burns - can you tell me what she saw / is wearing from the last update please?)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:01 am

Joergen looks at his hand as Zoe mentioned it is glowing. He's not sure what to do with that but is happy to see the glow is slowly dissipating. As a real human person he realise this might mean trouble and decides not to seek out help. If going to visit a doctor was a hazzle before, it certainly is now!

"Humanity is extinct?.." He ponders just for a moment. He must admit it wasn't what he expected but a lot could have happened during the last 10.000 years.

"As for your question, we usually used our legs to move around without technology. With technology we used cars, planes and ships to transport ourselves. We even build this, or at least some of it if you altered it afterwards.."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:08 am

thinkslogically wrote:Zoe bursts out laughing when the guy says "lol" and snorts. She decides to let the others do the talking and continues to keep to herself.

(Burns - can you tell me what she saw / is wearing from the last update please?)
You guys are wearing very comfy white pajamas.

What do you mean what you saw? You see basically what everyone else sees. Asides from the random glowing. :lol:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:21 am

(Yeah, "lol" was a nice touch.

Thinks specified that she was using her turn to do a subtle tactical scan. Under the guise of wide-eyed wonder, she scanned our surroundings in a full circle, trying to see if she could figure out who was in charge, if there were any guards, where the exits were, and if there was any other useful information her trained eye could pick out.)

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:32 am

Oh right. I must have skipped that sorry.

Behind the crowd you see white walls with paintings, statues, a tv in a glass case with a huge wall of text beside it. An immidate exit to the room is to your right, if it were not so crowded. Or at least it wasuntil the ashen man stolled through there. The large eyed people seem to avoid him, trying not to even touch him.

You do not see any immediate leader in the area, nor guards. Just a lot of odd people.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:15 pm

"Hello. Yes, we are homo sapiens... Figh ta...? Fight? I wonder if there was there some big war?"

The kid plays the device and shrugs. ÔÇ£I dunno.ÔÇØ

"Hello!" Fry waves, an exaggerated gesture. "Why fight? Why were we arguing amongst ourselves? Is that what you mean? Well, this is a very big change for us. We just woke up in a totally different world, with no idea what to expect, and we had different reactions. The others thought my playing with you was making it harder for them to be serious. I thought they should be more willing to have fun." He dances around a bit with a big goofy smile on his face.

The kid snickers and dances as well. Why figh tafight with difdiffer ant reaction? Where harm army?

"Extinct? I expected some changes in the time that we slept, but I didn't think humans would be extinct... At least there is intelligent lift to carry on in the world, and someone that understands enough of our language... Oh, uh, greeting, Professor Grav. I am Nathanial Montarc,"

"Humanity is extinct?.."

ÔÇ£Well yes, but I didnÔÇÖt say humanity itself was instint. Technically it lived on. You are our ansestors and all. But I suppose in a way humanity is instint since we do not call ourselves that anymore. The wide eyed around us are duexin, or god kin in your language. I am what the Duexin call a Pitake or disease or sludge kin. We call ourselves immonex or the immune.ÔÇØ

"In our time, homo Sapiens were many, living in sprawling cities and towns. We could get around using metal machines with wheels to carry us, or wings to fly, or great machines which floated on water."

"As for your question, we usually used our legs to move around without technology. With technology we used cars, planes and ships to transport ourselves. We even build this, or at least some of it if you altered it afterwards.."

ÔÇ£So you used primiative tools to help you around, interesting interesting. This is going in the report for sure.ÔÇØ

"It's kind of hard to describe our entire world and way of life. Turn it around. How would you explain your world to us? We'd very much like to know, actually, since we'll be living here now. But if you have specific questions about the world as it was, I'd be happy to do my best to answer them."

Grav looks around at the crowd and says carefully ÔÇ£Well that is not really something one can just converse about.ÔÇØ

The kid points at Grav. ÔÇ£Disease manÔÇØ

Grav sighs. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm not diseased. DonÔÇÖt listen to this child duexin.ÔÇØ

"Say, professor... That's a pretty useful technology that kid has. Is there any chance we could get translators? It might make things easier for everyone."

ÔÇ£One does not simply be given technology. They-ÔÇØ

ÔÇØRobot Rep n JoinÔÇØ A female voice says. ÔÇ£O tods robotic desiÔÇØ

ÔÇ£You will have to pay for it or be proven worthy to have it.ÔÇØ

"Also, Prof, what's the saying in your language for 'Can I have some of your finest caviar?', or something along those lines? I'm awfully peckish"

To Ruprecht, gently and politely: "If I might suggest, limiting our vocabulary and syntax to simple forms might be best at this point. We've got something of a language barrier."

ÔÇ£Wait, wait I got this. I know a little of this language he speaks. I belive the correct answer is ÔÇÿTu madreÔÇÖÔÇØ

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:57 pm

"Immune? Immune to what? There were groups in our time that some considered a disease to humanity, but the intelligent among us knew they were our equals, and they never referred to themselves as immune. Did something change your kind? Er, if that isn't an insulting question, that is."

"I can understand the necessity of making sure people are worthy. It's pretty clear that we aren't going to have any money, of course, so how can we prove our worth? Sharing knowledge will be easiest if we can gain access to technology which will allow us all to understand each other clearly."

"Er, uh... I think that's from another language from our time, meaning something like 'your mother.' "
My game:

My characters: