Children of Ash

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Children of Ash

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed May 27, 2015 6:02 am

Synch wrote:@Chuck: not sure if you care for it or not but I forgot to mention there's the rattler corpse there also.
Yeah, I did the basics but I was unsure what I wanted to do with the rest of my turn, wasn't sure if I was going to butcher it or move on.

Jacob will grab the rattler by the tail and take it out with him as he moves on to search the house northwest of his current position, but drop it off on the stoop to deal with later.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed May 27, 2015 6:08 am

As Mr. Green rolls his trolley north toward the church, he hears Paul's cry for help and pauses. "STILL ALIVE?" he yells in the direction of the shout for help.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu May 28, 2015 4:12 am

Paul will stand, wipe the blade off on the grass and walk over to the water tower to see about finding a spigot so he can wash the blood off his coat.

He hears someone call out "STILL ALIVE?"

He shouts back, "Rabid Animals...keep a lookout..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 28, 2015 5:06 am

Jani scans around from her vantage point to spot any other areas of interest / concern.

[OOC: what she does next will depend on what she sees up there]

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:30 am

Jani

From her vantage point in the steeple, Jani can see Paul standing over the corpse of a dog in the park, and she also has improved line of sight of a number of other buildings in the vicinity of the church. Across the way from the park, she spots movement in the window of a house, the flick of a curtain being repositioned and a faint shadow moving within.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:37 am

Jani rushes down to catch up with Honey & Roslyn and ideally catch them before they enter the park.

"Hey! WAIT! There's someone on one of the houses over the other side of the park, I saw them at the window. We should tell the others before anyone goes over there, in case there's a group. Also, Rosalyn, there's a medical centre over that way. It might be useful, don't you think?"

Jani will essentially follow whatever the others prefer to do. She's not going off on her own when there's potential enemies around, but she has no idea what the best way to handle the situation would be so she'll defer to more prepared minds (i.e. Honey). If Rosalyn agrees though, Jani will happily head round to investigate the "MED" building (I assume it's medical of some sort?).
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:42 am

Mr. Green continues north to the church (*Mr. Green would stop and...inquire with the ladies what they found in the church, if they run into each other*)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:09 am

Honey was still planning to go to the house down-and-left on the map from the church, in the same 'block', this turn (since Paul didn't need help.). Now that Jani returns:

"Yeup, should warn 'em all fore they go bargin' into thet house if you seen someone in there for sure... Easiest way to get shot inna face is walk in uninvited at a time like this. We kin go over there now, if'n ya wanna, but I was gon' check this one here out... Think Paul's over that way some if ya wanna tell 'im, though. Whicha wan' do?"

When Green arrives on his way to the church and asks about their findings, she'll shrug. "Ain't nobody in the church, nor nothin' much of use. Lotsa doors, ain't great fer holin' up overnight neither. Best keep lookin' round. Jani say there'm people around what ain't us - we ain't exactly bein' sneaky, what with that loud-ass metal barrow you pushin' and everyone yellin'... But the others maybe ain't know yet. They still at the front? You wanna warn 'em?"

If Jani and Roslyn want to go to the nearest house as Honey originally intended:
Honey will continue as planned, cautiously surveying the outside of the nearby house before entering (equally cautiously) if she decides it's safe, and searching for food and supplies and signs of life.

If Jani and Roslyn want to head over to the occupied house in search of survivors instead:
She'll take the lead for safety, keeping her stretcher-shield up, and fill Paul in on the new information as they reach the park. As long as nothing untoward happens before they get within action-range of the house: "Gon' holler at 'em. No use actin' like we ain't here, we been made. Hope they'm nice. If they's not... Well, we were gon' have a problem sometime anyway, then." Unless anyone stops her, she'll hail the curtain-twitcher from a respectful and visible-from-a-window distance away from the front door. "Hey upstairs! We done saw you and you done saw us already! We ain't them motorbike-ridin' dickheads an' we ain't here to steal or fight! Y'wanna talk, maybe deal?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:18 pm

"Honestly, I'm not keen on looking for survivors out here unless we're in a group. We know those raiders are out there already and I'd rather not risk a fight we don't need. You're Mr. Green right? You seemed pretty keen to explore, and I guess you know how to look after yourself. Would you warn Paul please? I saw someone moving in that house over there [points it out]. I'm not going to lie - if there's a fight I'll probably run or surrender on the spot... I'm probably not going to be much use to you if push comes to shove..."

Jani will follow wherever Honey wants to go, but would like to check out the medical facility sooner or later.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Responding to Jani, Roslyn shakes her head negatively,"No need to rush to the medical building, seems most everything has been looted already, so what ever is left, isn't going to disappear. I will want to check it out of course, but if there are other people around, they would be the priority for me."

However, when Honey would rather just warn the others and then check out a different house, she has no problem nodding and agreeing to go there instead.
"OK, let's check out this house quick, and then hook up with a few of the others and then confront the other survivor/s."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Addressing Honey, Mr. Green raises an eyebrow at her remarks. "You're just jealous that I found something to hold my stuff." he says as he shows a quick grin.

Mr. Green pulls the machete and shotgun from the trolley, showcasing his new found wares. "I've already been attacked by one survivor, but sometimes groups aren't as safe as you would think." Mr. Green places the weapons back in his cart and begins counting on his fingers. "1. Groups are noisier and 2. More people equals more chances of someone getting hurt." Mr. Green thinks for bit, rubbing his hands over the stubble on his face as he thought.

"I'll go collect Paul and we'll check out the house you pointed out."

Mr. Green Pushes his trolley east toward the house, pausing briefly to wave at Paul in an attempt to get his attention and when attention is caught, waves to have him come over so that he can talk to him.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Paul stops (either walking over to or washing his coat) and moves over to Mr. Green.
"What?"

After being told about the 'stranger' Paul looks and points, "How about you loan me a table leg? I've done enough butchring of living creatures today..."

He will then follow Green to the House.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Mr. Green rubs the back of his hair and laughs (in the, you caught me with my pants down kind of way) "I actually left those back at the computer store, but I'm sure we could swing back and pick them up, I wouldn't mind leaving this trolley with someone else as we make our approach as it lacks..stealthiness." Mr. Green flashes Paul a quick smile "Up to you whether we get a leg for you or continue".

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:35 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Mr. Green rubs the back of his hair and laughs (in the, you caught me with my pants down kind of way) "I actually left those back at the computer store, but I'm sure we could swing back and pick them up, I wouldn't mind leaving this trolley with someone else as we make our approach as it lacks..stealthiness." Mr. Green flashes Paul a quick smile "Up to you whether we get a leg for you or continue".
"Yeah, I'd rather be prepared than have to hack something to death close quarters again."

Paul will turn and go with Green back to the psudo-radio shack...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:08 am

Mr. Green pushes his trolley back to the computer store with Paul. Upon reaching the store, he heads inside and picks up a the table legs. While inside he asks Jacob and Joshua to watch the trolley for him while he goes and investigates a possible Survivor sighting. "We can carry more, more easily" he says, hinting at all the electronics he's sure they found in the store. Mr. Green hands on of the table legs to paul and places the other into the cart, and then pulls his duffel out and throws it over his shoulder. The Machete he feeds through a loop in the pack to hold onto and picks up the shotgun. The shotgun he sets against his shoulder (Propping a gun or rifle over your shoulder style) "Ready?" He says to Paul.

He heads with Paul toward the suspicious house.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:17 am

Update 13: Life, and Death

Jimmy
Big Jimmy peers under the hood, and can see the obvious problem of the battery, tire and sparkplugs missing, but other than that everything seems ok. However, he hasn't spent enough time around car engines to diagnose if anything else is cause for concern.
► Show Spoiler
Heading to the house, Jimmy carefully has a look through the grimy and dusty windows, but can barely see anything. He tries the door handle, but the door seems locked. A few well-placed boots to the door near the lock force the door open with a crack, but the house seems still and quiet. A careful inspection of the rooms reveals nothing out of the ordinary, however Jimmy finds a small pile of emergency supplies tucked in a bedroom cupboard behind a crudely made false panel. Clearly someone had plans to come back and pick up their gear, but never made it. The contents include a hiking pack, 2x cans of food (spaghetti, tuna), a gallon of water in a sturdy container, a photo album with photos of a man, his girlfriend and their dog, and a tent. Around the house is typical basic furniture (bed, lounge suite, table and chairs etc) but Jimmy also finds a vase with some dried flowers, 3x bread knives and 2x forks, 2x pillows, some sheets, a flatscreen TV and an electric alarm clock.
► Show Spoiler

Jani, Roslyn, Honey
The three women take their pick of what they find, opting to leave the mobile phone behind. From the belltower Jani spies someone in the window from a house across the park, and rushes down to inform the others. They head outside, where Mr Green meets up with them pushing his trolley, and they inform him of what they have seen. As Mr Green heads off, the women move onward to the next house to search.
The immediate thing they notice is the smell. As they push the unlocked door gently open, a cloud of flies escapes. The source of the smell is a well decomposed pile of person on the bed in the only bedroom. Searching the house in between bouts of gagging and retching (Honey convinces the other two that its just a bad smell and there could still be useful items), the three find a bottle of water, a frypan, a pair of crutches, a toilet brush, a pair of roller blades, a hockey mask, a hockey stick, a Beegees vinyl record, a rubber steak dog toy and a Nintendo 64.
► Show Spoiler

Peter, Joshua
Grabbing the computer parts and tools, Peter and Joshua make their way outside. As they sit and enjoy a meal in the sunlight, Mr Green returns with the shopping trolley with a mind for them to commandeer it while he scouts on ahead. Joshua loads his computer parts into the trolley, along with the two car batteries, glad to finally lighten his load. He places all the other group loot in the trolley also, while he and Peter think of what to do next.
[Peter and Joshua have eaten today, and Peter has also drank today.]

Jacob
Jacob, seeing the women enter the house to the northwest, opts instead to inspect the house to the southwest. It looks like it has previously been ransacked, with graffiti etched on the walls, the front door kicked open and the windows smashed.
Although safe to explore, that does indeed seem to be the case, as most everything has been smashed or looted. Most of the grafitti on the walls is illegible or random tags, but one wall has the large words "Beware Oklahoma City!" However, Jacob persists and finds a few things that have been overlooked: nail clippers, a half full hip flask with what smells like bourbon and an old guitar missing one string.
► Show Spoiler

Mr Green, Paul
Paul cleans his cleaver and makes his way to the watertower. However, looking at all the bullet holes in the side, he can only assume there would be no water left. As the homeless trolley man Mr Green approaches, they decide the head back for some bludgeoning weapons. Paul takes one of the table legs, the other added to the group loot in the trolley. They make their way to the mysterious house Jani pointed out; all looks relatively nondescript in comparison to the rest of the town, with the odd window boarded and an old dusty welcome mat on the doorstep. They peer through the window but heavy net curtains obscure the majority of their view. They do spot a quick flash of movement inside though, as if someone ducked down.

The time is 12:15pm.
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:36 am

Honey points out the hockey stick, suggesting one of the other women take it so they're all better armed - the crutches are a distant second as far as usefulness for bashing so she doesn't bother with them. She makes sure the water isn't left behind, but doesn't take first dibs. She does pick up the frypan and the roller blades though. "...Wheels on boots? Weird. Useful somehow, I reckin. Let's get outta here fore the smell gets up our noses permanent like." She ties the bootlaces together and hangs the Rollerblades round her neck as they exit, and puts the frypan in her bag unless one of the others is able to carry it.

Outside, hearing and seeing no trouble thus far, she heads up and left to the next un-ruined house with her usual caution, unless something or someone interrupts her. "Is we headin' roundabout the right way fer yer medical place? It over there, sorta, right?"

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:49 am

ooc: damn it I was gonna head there.

Jacob will head to the park and from there the med center, hoping that they might have one bottle of pain killers that hasn't been pilfered. Until he sees Honey heading there, at which point he'll turn around and climb the water tower for a vantage point, since he doesn't really feel like fighting with her again.

Edit: forgot to take the hip flask. I'll definitely take that.
Last edited by ChuckDaRighteous on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:52 am

(OOC: honey's going to the house up and left from her current position, not the medical centre - the other girls want to go there eventually, which is why she's talking about it. So you could go there without even crossing paths if you still wanted to avoid her.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:54 am

Jimmy crams his duffel into the hiking pack, along with the food he just found. He drinks one of his bottles of water and tops it up from the container, leaving the jug in a pile by the front door with the other stuff he found and heads out... Reconsidering, he snags a bread knife on his way, shrugging the pack into place and adjusting the straps a bit. The next block looking pretty rough, he heads north west a bit to the open park. He spots the lone vehicle in the parking lot across the way. Maybe it is in working condition... Or at least had some parts that the truck needs. He begins walking that way, and will search/assess its condition.

(I guess let me know if he encounters any of the others on his way? )
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:05 am

nikohl wrote:(OOC: honey's going to the house up and left from her current position, not the medical centre - the other girls want to go there eventually, which is why she's talking about it. So you could go there without even crossing paths if you still wanted to avoid her.)
ooc: And apparently I can't read. Somehow I read that as you going there.

Jacob will take the hip flask for himself, and the nail clippers for hygiene purposes. head to the park and from there the med center, hoping that they might have one bottle of pain killers that hasn't been pilfered. He will then loot the place looking for said bottle.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:18 am

Jani nods but keeps her jaw firmly clenched shut. She doesn't quite trust her stomach to behave itself with the horrible smell, and isn't going to risk trying to talk. She'll very happily follow the others outside and head in the general direction of the medical centre (or wherever else we're going first).

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:08 am

Mr. Green cocks an eyebrow at Paul and then points at himself and motions around the building to the right. He then points at Paul and motions around the left side of the building. He gives Paul a curt nod, and makes begins to make his way around the building to the right, searching for a door.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Paul shrugs at Mr. Green but complies moving along the left side of the building at a crouch to keep below eye level of any windows he might pass. As he does so he wonders about if the person inside is armed. Any low windows he will take a low look in to see if he can see any signs of life but will continue on until at the back corner of the building. If there is no doors he will wait at the corner for Mr. Green to appear

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:28 pm

Trying to distract herself from the smell of death, Roslyn hums to herself while she scoops up a few of the items found in the decaying body house. She will take the water and upon Honey's advice, grab the hockey stick.

She will then quickly leave the house and the smell. Since she already has the sling as a weapon, she will offer the hockey stick to Jani if she would like it."It is better than nothing." she says simply.

Roslyn will go though one more building with Honey and Roslyn. She watches Honey carefully, trying to pick up on how she enters rooms and clears them safely. Again, she will be carrying her sling, ready, in case of trouble.

While scavenging she will say to the two others, "After this I'm wanting to head to the med center. I think I"m done searching and looting dead peoples houses for just a bit."