Children of Ash - OOC Discussion Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Children of Ash - OOC Discussion Thread

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:27 am

Well yeah, she has a razor blade now, so she can slit his throat and scalp him instead.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Alright guys, three weeks in and I think we've got things under control enough for me to squeeze in an update here and there. Thanks for your patience. Will do my best to stick to a weekly update schedule, but can make no promises.

Everyone has posted since the last update, but I am still waiting on actions from: Quarg, Patdragon and Alaen. Badge can also probably do some more, since all he's done is circled a building and knocked on a door.

Badge, which others are you joining up with? The group of women, Peter and Joshua, Jimmy or Chuck? 4 options.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Wherever Mr. Green Left the Shopping Trolley. He'll return there and collect it for himself again. He'll then move north through town further, scouting ahead.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:43 am

Jimmy is heading through the park to the vehicle in the lot on the far side... if he notices any of the stuff going on he may join the others, but I'd want a GM ruling on that, or if one of them calls out to him...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:49 pm

Synch wrote:In slightly related news:

http://kotaku.com/watch-the-fallout-4-t ... 1708693039
I'll have to re-play Fallout 3 to get some good ideas about loot and weaponry :)

Just waiting to see if Quarg wants to reply to Badge, otherwise I'll throw up an update tonight.
Figured you would enjoy this video... the guy lived with one of my high school best friends when they were in college together, the upcoming Uranium documentary sounds interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRL7o2kPqw0
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:47 am

Thats a pretty cool vid Spider!

Just a note, I haven't forgotten or given up on this game, just using the break while we wait for others to post to get a routine going and deal with sleep deprivation.

As it stands, I'm still waiting for actions from Patdragon and Alaen, who have only had a brief conversation so far this turn.

Would the rest of you prefer if we: A) continue on, leaving them to sit and chill B) continue on, leaving them on autopilot to silently follow others C) wait a little longer for them to post?
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:56 am

It's been a long time. I'd carry on as soon as you've got the spare time to update: your free minutes are scarce and precious at the minute, don't hang about for people to your detriment. Their characters aren't in imminent danger, they can chill. If something starts to happen, I vote autofollow.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:06 am

D) kill them for food...when we get extra hungry?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:17 am

Agree with nikohl completely. If you wait for players too much, they'll just end up keeping you waiting :) If you update when you're ready , even if it's unpredictable, players will be more inclined to post a bit more quickly if they think they might be left behind.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:48 am

Yeah, sorry about that. I was waiting for a response from patdragon and then kinda forgot about it.

I do agree you shouldn't hold off on updating for too long if you're only waiting for one or two people. Spending a turn doing nothing isn't a huge deal out of combat.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:02 am

In general I say autopilot or leave em behind.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:04 pm

I will be out of town on vacation this entire week, I doubt I'll be able to post, or if I do, it'll be short.

Back on Saturday.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Thanks for letting me know, NSF.

I'll look at putting up an update when I have time this week, and as always thank you all for your patience.
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:27 am

Ah sorry I kind of forgot about this game when after I went away, then every game seemed to be on hold when I got back.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:21 am

I fell foul of RL for awhile here...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Its alright, its really hitting me hard at the moment too. You haven't missed anything. Every time I put aside an evening for an update, I either have a fussy baby or someone drops in or I have some chores to do!

Please everyone, this WILL not die, I'm really eager to get an update up as soon as I can.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:29 pm

I'm busy in RL too, and busy with trying to finish GAL 8 sometime in the next 80 turns :P , so with CoA, Immortals and Potential being on temporary hiatus, it's actually worked well for me... now if Fallout Shelter wasn't calling for my attention, I might actually get something accomplished.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Fallout shelter is my new best friend. As the day it released on Android

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:36 pm

I knew nothing of Fallout until CoA and the VaultBoy that was found back at the detention center. I've since downloaded the first two and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was based on the same mechanics as "Arcanum: of Magick and Steamworks Obscura", one of my top RPGs of all time. I'm even considering running a game in Arcanum's setting if I can figure out how to mimic the mechanics in forum form. If the first two Fallout games appealed to you, and you have any interest in an RPG set in a world where technology is beginning to supplant magic, PLAY THAT GAME.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:44 am

Oh heck yeah, I still own Fallout 1 and 2, they're laying in a drawer somewhere. What I no longer have is Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, which was epic...luckily, Steam has it for sale I think. Where as 1 & 2 were open world, 1 man against the world, Tactics has the main player working for the Brotherhood of Steel and being sent out on missions for their agenda. Even though it is a bit more linear, it is epic and it makes me want to go and buy it on steam to play it again.

After the computer only versions came Fallout 3, 10 years later, and very much longed for, released for computer and xbox 360.

Then came Fallout: New Vegas

And soon, there will be Fallout 4

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:41 am

OMG, an actual update!

Thank you all for being so patient with me. I had a little bit of spare time tonight so I've done a half-update. Basically, I've updated inventories with what you all picked up after your last turn, and moved you all into your new locations on the map. I haven't taken any actions for anyone yet as some people hadn't listed any and I wanted to give everyone a chance to get back onto the same page after the hiatus. So feel free to list any further conversations and actions you'd like to have, but if you have already listed your actions in your previous turn its fine to keep it succinct (eg I know the ladies wanted to search the new house, Jacob wanted to search the med center and Jimmy wanted to check out the car.)

If I haven't heard from people in a few days I'll send out some PMs to remind people that a new update is up.

Thanks again.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:05 am

Yay!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:59 am

Hooray! Might be the kick in the butt I need to get rolling on SCH.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Synch, do you have any problems with me posting for general use the Rolla map drawing I constructed a while back?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:48 pm

No worries!
► Show Spoiler