Children of Ash - OOC Discussion Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Children of Ash - OOC Discussion Thread

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:13 pm

The below is version of the Rolla map that I plotted out, clicking on the elements representing houses should pop up a comment box that denotes what loot is still there, as well as what CP has been spent searching that location thus far. (I use something similar as my "Battlemap" in my games, denoting player and enemy health, loot, etc.) If you see any errors, let me know and I will adjust it. This is an unofficial resource, of course, Synch's word trumps any discrepancies that might arise.

Rolla, KS

PM me for a link to the map.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:39 am

Thats awesome Spider, thanks so much! Great resource!
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:18 am

I can't see the comment boxes... I assume I'm doing something wrong >.>

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:01 am

Here is my attempt at depicting the Town of Rolla.... :D
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:04 am

nikohl wrote:I can't see the comment boxes... I assume I'm doing something wrong >.>

Hmmm... they aren't for every building, just the ones that have something in them... perhaps I need to give editing permission on the link for it to work properly?

*Edit: Yup, that did it. I'd shared an editable version with Synch previously, so he had access to it already. PM me for a link to the map that you'll be able to view comments on.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Thats pretty cool Badge! I wish I had more time to do more creative stuff like that.

(As a side-note, I imagine its hard to do 3D renderings of it, but approx 50% of the red buildings are either burnt out, shells of buildings, or piles of ruins and rubble. Only 50% are standing and boarded up.)
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:36 am

Not knowing which ones you wanted to be burned out shells of homes, I just colored them red and assumed that it was impossible to get into them. So that you could limit the world size a bit. It really isn't that difficult to do 3D drawings of stuff though. It took me maybe 30 minutes or so to do that.

That being said, I added in the inventory notes to their locations.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Yeah when you guys come across bigger towns/cities it will be interesting. I'm thinking I may just have to do block by block grids rather than building by building.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:14 pm

My goal by then is to have a couple functional vehicles, so we can pile anything worth looting in them, rather than having to leave stuff behind temporarily to keep from getting overburdened.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:52 am

Just a note that I will be in Australia and not on the forum from Wednesday till Monday 5th Oct, so will update next week some time.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:39 am

OMG! An update!

Firstly, let me apologise for such a long hiatus. Its been a... difficult time for me. Aside from raising a baby and having very limited free time, I've also been battling a few issues that have left me rather unmotivated and fatigued.

That being said, I wanted to get this update out today just to reaffirm that I don't want to give up on this game, and am committed to continuing it. Regular updates I cannot guarantee. However, now that I have a bit of motivation I want to at least get them out semi-regularly, as I know how hard it is to keep revisiting a game and trying to remember what is going on every few months. If this is a problem with anyone who wants to play a game with regular weekly updates, I understand. I will do my best but I would rather be honest than promise and not deliver. Fortnightly is the target, and if I can update quicker from time to time its a bonus.

Chuck has left the forum (is he ok?) and so Jacob departs the game. Rather than take all his items with him, some of them I wanted the group to have so I'd rather just drop them all with you guys rather than you guys find other equivalents at a later time. Besides, you could use all the supplies you can get! I won't find a replacement for him at this stage as I think having one less person may improve the likelihood of me updating quicker and thus more regularly.

Thanks for sticking around, those that have :)
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:08 am

Yay! I head Chuck was still around in other communities, but hasn't been here if ages.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:07 am

I PM'd him months ago and it's still sitting in my outbox, so I don't think he's coming back. Glad to hear he just left the forum though and nothing more sinister's happened.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:43 am

Well, unless the pod person is keeping up appearances in other online communities, but didn't manage to torture the password for his Goblins forum account out of him before hollowing him out and slipping into his skin. :shock:

In other news, Jimmy's finally gotten a gun!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:06 pm

Quarg wrote:Paul decides to move towards the vehicle being inspected by Jacob and see what is in the trunk by going to the driver side door and seeing about a trunk release, if not then taking the keys and unlocking the trunk.
Just to clarify, Jacob just wandered off, it's Jimmy that is inspecting the SUV. So the storage space in the back should still be accessible from the rear seat if you can't get the back door open.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:40 pm

As a note, Jacob's stuff is either loose, (R) means its in his rucksack, or (S) means its in the suitcase he was carrying.

@Badge: are you throwing all the remainder of stuff into your trolley to add to Mr Green's personal possessions, or adding to group loot? Or a mixture of both (If so, specify what is Mr Green's.)
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:04 am

Claiming it as my own. ;)