Global Moderator

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:25 am

Link?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:42 am

Big statue standing watch over tombs. (Second image)
Small statue standing guard outside tombs. (Third image)
It's the right statue in both cases. The left statues only have one tooth while the relevant ones have two.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:59 am

Actually, might that not be even more of an indicator..? We've already pretty much "confirmed" that those graves are for the two brothers- And yet we found their names in that hall to the left, which seems to indicate it might simply be a "place of remembrance" or something similar... But if the statues match, that only seems further indication that my theory might be right.

That IS a good observation about the chipped tooth, though... I'd be surprised to see it doesn't have relevance somehow... And the statue named "runs with scissors" DOES have a chipped tooth, as well.

So great, seems we won't get a definitive answer before we can find something that rules out one of both possibilities... Or definitely confirms the other...

Only thing we haven't seen is what is up with that little plaque and what is in their grave though... Unless we oversaw a clue, which means we will probably need to figure out what "small wonders" means... (Unless it's a reference to the teeth..?)

Soooo... I guess I'll have to try goblin diplomacy against the ghost guarding it if we don't find anything..?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:24 am

Here's hoping we can actually harm ghosts with our mortal weapons.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:44 am

Eh, we got magic, don't we?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:19 am

Here's hoping we've actually got enough MP between us to take down a ghost. :P
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:41 pm

I've updated the last update with the three statue names.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:32 pm

Is using my ring to gain HP a minor action, or major? Do I have to do it one at a time, out can I take them both out?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Oh, also- Dusk mentioned in my game that he was on vacation and had trouble posting, but seems he forgot to mention that here... Barring that he manages to post, and assuming you're willing to take substitute actions, I'll vote he double moves towards the gargoyle fight as I'm not sure how he wants to proceed trying to reason with a trickster statue.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Cool, thanks M0rt :) I'll take votes for Eaten then (in case anyone else disagrees about having him help).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:12 am

Hey! As with the other games, gathers is busy with rl stuff at the moment, so if u could please vote for finds's actions for next week while that would be ace :) thanks!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:35 am

So guys, do we think the answer to the riddle is in fact inseperable at birth and inseperable at birth..? Because if so, I'll have Burned move to go and give the hopefully correct answer- Even though I admit I'm a bit skeptical of it...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:45 am

I must confess I've payed little to no attention to the riddle (as I've not seen it, and don't go in for the whole ESP bit if I can help it...). Is anyone able to summarize it or point me to the right page? I don't want to hold us up though.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:25 am

Basically we were given two easy riddles, and were then asked which two goblin brothers made those riddles.

Now I'm pretty sure we can agree that they're the two goblins in their own crypt, supposedly both inseparable since birth... Although I'm not sure, since both also seemed to have a riddle - small wonders and death is the key- the latter of which we managed to translate in an name. I had theories about the other riddle, but honestly it's a bit farfetched.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:27 am

Okay so, to recap things a bit;

- The two coffins in the same crypt both have the inscription "Inseperable-from-Birth" on their name-plaques. The left one also says "Small Wonders", while the right says "Death is the key". The right one also had "Death is the key" scrawled in the bottom corner (probably to make it obvious that it was important).
- Death is the key is the cypher for the code above the fireplace (the one Synch solved). The answer is "Wakes-the-Dead" - which I thought was the name of one of the brothers, but now we've found a statue with that name I'm not so sure anymore....
- The gargoyles seem to activate when you open the hatch on the pedestal, or use magic on them. Touching them doesn't activate them, as you guys were able to pick one up without any problems.

...hold on, I think I just had a Eureka moment :shock:

The name given in the riddle was Wakes-the-Dead, yeah? And that's also the name on the far right statue in the right gargoyle room. The first gargoyle only woke up when the hatch got pried open...but that one was empty. Why would it protect an empty hole? Because it's not there to protect the crypt - it's there to stop you just checking every hatch without solving the riddle first!

If I'm right, there should be another clue in the Wakes-the-Dead name-hatch. Of course, if this doesn't work, I'll have just woken up another gargoyle. Soooo you guys might want to be ready for that :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:29 am

Honestly, I was thinking myself there HAD to be something in those rooms relating to the puzzle, but haven't had any inspirations as to what... You might very well be onto something though!

Also me and Eaten should be able to do that this turn, as we never actually specified moving right... :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 am

Even if I'm wrong and a gargoyle does wake up, we should both still be fine - our defenses are high enough that they can't hurt us unless they gang up on us. Or use that AOE drain attack, but that only does 1 damage. As long as the others with low-Hp/DEF stay away, worst case should be that we both lose 1Hp at most.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:20 am

M0rtimer wrote:Also me and Eaten should be able to do that this turn, as we never actually specified moving right... :P
You wouldn't have been able to rest or meditate if you hadn't.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:23 am

Why not, exactly..? The battle was over.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:35 am

Dlovers right - the battle was over with the gargoyles, but there's still the goop being dangerous and distracting back there. I wouldn't have moved you if the area was safe but I figured you'd rather not waste your time :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:42 am

What is the goop supposed to be doing? Being goop? :p

Couldn't we have moved inside the hall..? :shifty:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:21 am

It's watching. Waiting.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:23 am

ITS THE DEMON! KILL IT!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:46 am

M0rtimer wrote:What is the goop supposed to be doing? Being goop? :p

Couldn't we have moved inside the hall..? :shifty:
It's obviously waiting for you to go to sleep. >:D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:54 am

Yeah, I initially said I was going right to sleep until someone mentioned the goop... I opted to move over a room first.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler