Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:09 pm

You can also do anything else you feel like trying of course, but I thought that it would be more helpful just to summarise what had already worked in this battle :)

Also, yeah - what spider said.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:42 pm

thinkslogically wrote:The sprites combine their attacks to target Burned, who takes no damage at all initially. Unfortunately he does manage to catch fire again, which costs him 1GP.

At least taking damage only costs you gold now! Splits has lots of gold! ;)

Anyone know success rate for casting while on fire? Lurks, Tugs and Burned have 1 MP each, if Burned can't channel (do to being on fire), one of the others could try downdrafting.. (though they might have less success as Burned has done it a bunch before)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:49 pm

:tfacepalm:

Oops!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Hey folks, will update tomorrow - my laptop mouse has given up the ghost (hoping it's not the laptop), so I'll need to get a replacement before I can do the artwork.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:38 pm

I thought meditating took the whole turn?

Also, what kind of riddle/puzzle are you talking about?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:42 pm

The kind that if you're not careful, will kill 2 of your party members. Should be easy enough to avoid now, though...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 pm

Main point: DO NOT TURN ON THE LIGHT. If you do, turn it off again. It brings our shadows to life if we are in the light, and they are not friendly, and as Mort mentioned, killed two of us.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:02 am

and WHERE is it, in the first place?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:15 am

the light is to the right if I remember correctly
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:20 am

Yeah, I think it's one room to the right. My idea was that the puzzle has something to do with the mirror that's in that room, so maybe one of you guys could try and move it closer to the light..?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:07 pm

Dlover, I don't recall how long you've been running Tugs, since there is a lot of character swapping in this thread, but anyone thinking of fiddling iwth the evil mirrror ought to go back and refresh themselves on what lead up to bad things before.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Uhh... Alright, yeah, found it. Mirror's nothing special, but it will take a couple of goblins to move. (It was the light that caused the problem, not the mirror) So since it would take a couple of us, I guess I might as well find something productive to do.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:16 pm

I couldn't remember the specifics, which is why I just pointed you in that direction. ;) If others are going to join you, would you mind posting a link to the relevant page so we can all be up to speed?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:25 pm

My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:50 am

What I think we need to do is move the mirror in such a way that the light will shine upon those keyholes and perhaps reveal something- So one of us would need to go and help Finds. Regardless, it might be worth it to simply turn off the light in that room permanently, since that weakens the shadows.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:34 am

Tugs can help move the mirror if there's nothing obvious with the keys. And I don't think permanently disabling the light would be a good idea.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:39 am

I was talking about the light in the left of the room since that also helped weaken the shadows. And when I say permanently I mean just push it once so it's only turned on again when necessary... :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:20 am

Ahh we're not going to be standing in the evil light.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:52 pm

All done (but I'm taking away your bag of upgrade items)
Can we keep the empty bag at least? :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:54 pm

Is it going into the mixing pot too? Because, yes you can keep the bag, but I'm not going to put it back in your inventory if you're just going to chuck it in the fire in 2 minutes :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Nah, in my inventory. I don't see how an empty bag is going to benefit towards it. :lol:

Unless... A bag is a synonym for storage and it'd increase the final magic capacity of the weapon! :shifty:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:18 pm

But the eels are ok? Ah whatever, this weapon is going to be glorious :lol:

or, you know, awful. One of the two. :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:42 pm

The eel stands for... Fluidness! So that my weapon may strike down swiftly!

Besides, any fail ingredients will be substituted by the power that lies hidden within Mr. Rock. Honestly, all other items are but mere accesories.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:37 pm

You're using the eel I gave you?! How dare you throw away such a heartfelt gift?! :P
Also, remember it should be a poisoned eel. That may make a difference. Though I expect disaster.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Nice! Poison damage! :roll: