Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 am

Also here! Also know Theis is in Holland with some others- Might be a bit hard to grab hold of during the next few days, but he's still around too.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:46 am

yeah, I've seen Gather's out-of-office (out-of-forum?) in her signature but wasn't sure who else was incommunicado due to that meetup / holidays etc... That's cool though, if no-one appears and demands more waiting time I'll do an update tomorrow and we can take it from there :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:13 am

Aye.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:22 am

Uuuupdaaaaaateeeee!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:38 pm

I figure I can check the forums at least once a day and probably write a quick update. don't expect long, elaborate posts with lots of RP in them from me until I'm safe and sound back at home, though. :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:36 am

Hey, is there supposed to be text for Eaten? Because all I can see in the update is a picture of him waving his arms around... :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 am

Yes. Yes there was. It was hilarious text too. How odd...

EDIT: Fixed it. I couldn't remember exactly what I wrote last night so it's a lot less funny now but the outcome is at least the same :)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:12 am

Gonna be holiday from Monday until August 21st. So yeah, let Mort decide what I do. As long as I finish the upgraded meditation technique first, I don't really care what I do. Maybe start reading through that rock book in the magic room or something?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:35 pm

Guys, are we on some sort of schedule for anything at all or do we have all the time in the world?

I seem to vaguely remember some sort of ritual and planets aligning before the last big hiatus. :paranoia:

Also, what is that thing with the pink glow in the room where all the monster skeletons (and one goblin meditating) are?

I'm not entirely sure what to do with Finds now. If we're not in a hurry, I'm tempted to either go and have him read some books, too. Or make him do some more crafting, that's loads of fun.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:49 am

Time does matter a bit in this game, yes. The BBEG isn't sitting on his hands...

The pink thing is Princess Sparkles in her box.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:20 am

But at the same time, we do want to take the time to make sure we're properly prepared.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:03 am

@Gathers
Just a bit of intended to be friendly advice- The theme of magic in this game seems to be to manipulate already existing effects to your will. So for example, say that there's a strong wind coursing around, you could try to redirect it to push something or someone (potentially hurting them). The same way you could likely try to get those keys, but trying to use magic without a source has in the past proven to be very ineffective.

Also, I'm not sure if any kind of trap is going to spring on us if we take a wrong key... :shifty:

To all others- We should probably decide what we actually want to do now. I'll finish up setting my mindscape this turn as others are doing their own stuff as well... But we should probably get a move on. There's a few things we can do.

-There's the symbol on top of the mountain, which I very much expect the BBEG to have placed there. I expect that it's supposed to be a signal to his followers, and if it's there for long enough we'll get additional unwanted visitors... I'm not sure IF it is possible to remove it, but we could potentially have someone investigate it. He'd need some good cold resistance to stay there for long however. On which note Thinks, sure awesome Mr. Rock Smasher doesn't have any magic slots..? :shifty
-The other option is continuing through the teleporter. We haven't been to most locations it offers- There's the hatchery, altar, crypt, and the mysterious ????.
-Finally, we can go through the newly unlocked door- Which I believe is the way forward, though I believe we'd need to come back to most teleporter locations sooner or later anyways.

Personally, I think we should get back to the teleporter and explore some more of the locations there... Perhaps one or two persons (would advice two if we're doing that) staying behind if they're wanting to investigate that thing on the top of the mountain/craft stuff. As for where to go with the teleporter... I don't have too much favor there. I think we should check out the crypts- Although some of you have been talking about getting pets or something, so we might find something relating to that at the hatchery...

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:39 am

Well, I'm doing a little reading which I'm then going to use in crafting, but after that I'm willing to join the group wherever they may go. I don't think we should split up too much though. I don't think if we go out further we should split up into more than 2 groups as that is generally a recipe for disaster.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:12 am

M0rtimer wrote:On which note Thinks, sure awesome Mr. Rock Smasher doesn't have any magic slots..? :shifty:
Oh yes, I'm very sure >:D

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:34 pm

I'm with Mort on what we should do next. I've been working on getting this thing sorted out so while everyone was doing stuff, but we should check the other destinations first.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:35 am

I dunno, you can make movement in your own body with mere thoughts. Maybe you can use the same power of the mind to move other stuff via magic (substituting for the muscles). But thanks for the warning.

And I'm happy to do whatever, just put me into a group. I'm not keen on fighting (until/unless I get better gear for Finds), though, but I'll do it (just not alone). ;)

As for the cold resistance: Finds got a chest armor with a magical slot. Atm there's "water essence" in it. But if we could maybe get some "heat essence" in it (e.g. from the forge), instead, maybe that would keep one of us warm...
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:57 am

Already tried that heat essence magic slot thing. Didnt work. I think we'll have to imbue the actual fabric with heat instead, similar to how we imbued the shirts and pants with rock to increase our defences.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:27 am

The heat essence would have worked, except you needed to spend 1mp to release it (in the absence of other triggers) and I think eaten ran out before he got up there. Imbuing something with heat would probably work too though...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:37 am

Also, so you don't waste a turn dusk, the imbuing will only work if you do it at the time you craft the item.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:31 am

I got some pieces of snowbeast hide or such in my inventory, would the warmth imbuement work on those?
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:39 am

If someone were to craft them into an item of clothing, they could be imbued during the process.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:44 am

Yeah, those would probably work. Do you want to give it a go, or would you rather i tried? I already have a bunch of heat charges saved up, so if you give me the materials I could get started right away.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:41 am

Ok cool, I'll give you guys another half day to sort out what you want to do with making more warm clothes and update tomorrow morning.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:54 am

Seriously considering stealing heat charges so he botched his crafting... :meh:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:15 pm

Why would you do that? We need to find a way to have someone up there without freezing, so that they can work out if we can deal with the glyph and to mine the starstone stuff up there.
My game:

My characters: