GAL 8: CRUT OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: CRUT OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:30 pm

I think she was referring to remedy's amulet. :)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:28 pm

I was, yeah. I know how the bit that Nerre is still unsure about works, but it's OOC knowledge so I'm keeping my mouth shut because it's not fair to say it.

I had no idea about the glowfinger, but now we know what it is I think it's pretty cool!

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Yeah, combined with Costa's glasses its a big money saver and prevents us from putting anything cursed on.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:19 pm

Actually, if you don't mind nikohl I'd really like to find out what Mother's wrap does first. Once my health is returned I'll inspect your armor.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Mother's wrap has a chance to deflect an incoming blow, as far as I can tell. It did it twice while she was wearing it.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Hmm, did it to me too against the thralls we just thought. Good point, I'll do your armor first and wrap can wait :)
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:50 am

Sweet, thanks.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:36 pm

you wrote so much here...i should read it more often. :D sorry.
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:44 pm

why synch, why? now my char is swarmed cause you wanted to loot while everybody else wanted to move on. :/
could we do some more moving and less powerplay and loot-all? ;)
we don't have to know all the math behind our items to have fun with them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Nerre wrote:why synch, why? now my char is swarmed cause you wanted to loot while everybody else wanted to move on. :/
Wrong. Your character is swarmed because you charged ahead. Synch is in no way responsible for anything that happened. That is all on you my friend.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Don't call me wrong if thats not the case. There clearly was a "with the group" in my post, and 4 wanted to move, 1 did not write what he wanted. Looks like 4 yes and 1 abstention to me.

As soon as everyone is ready, Mines moves on. => Mines thinks the group would move and moves along with it, if it moves.
Steals .... He'll carry on moving ... => Steals thinks the group would move and moves. No "If the group moves"
All ..., and then she'll move along with the party. => All thinks the group would move and moves along with it.
"LETS MOVE OUT!" Remedy shouts and storms ahead into the direction the group was leading, with the others following close. => => Remedy thinks the group would move and moves. No "If the group moves"
Leaves ignored the posts of the others and did neither write anything about moving nor not moving=> not sure what to do with him about the "moving" topic.

Basically Steals and Remedy did the same thing. Mines only added the condition"if the group moves", while All just wrote to stick with the group (while expecting it to move), which is about the same as the condition.

Everybody but Leaves wanted to move. Two with condition, two without. And Leaves did not object moving while smearing mud on himself.
I know it is a stupid situation for a GM if 2 leave, 1 maybe/maybe not and 2 say "with the group". 2 are not the group, and neither are 1, none of both is the majority.
How about just allowing Leaves to do his mud-smearing business and moveat the same time, then the whole group just could have moved without another of those "nerre is dumb and always complaining and makes his char doing dumb stuff and then complains about it even more which annoys me and forces me to post passive-agressive stuff" discussions and punish his char ingame cause meta-punishment is the best. And without "deal with it or fuck off" insults.

Your false interpreation of posts did split Remedy from the group, not my post. If anything, then Steals should have went ahead with Remedy, cause he did not condition his movement on group movement too. And you wonder why I think you did it on purpose for the laughs. Which I would not have minded too much if you would not make fun out of me or insult me.

Whenever I try to post more than a one line to add some roleplay, you read bullshit into it and all the people with lazy one liners get their commands interpreted quiet fine. What the hell, really?

I wanted a quick and fun game, and while it started as fun, it became longer and longer with less and less fun and more and more discussions and blaming and negative meta stuff which feels like you take your frustration out on me and my char. I wrote I have not all the time in the world, and I wrote that sometimes I neither understand nor can write things perfectly. But it seems you cannot deal with it, and that you too do not always understand things perfectly. I thought we were fine after the last PM explaining my situation, but you do the same again, putting me into a stupid situation, and then I get that insulting "fuck off" sentence from you. I even allowed you to change my moves if the just don't fit in back then!

But to my regret, you play it by "Suck it or Fuck off". So I fuck off. I wished I could have finished the game, cause it started fun. And promissed to be fun again during the mother fight. :(
I don't feel like having to spend my little free time on possibilities to get insulted and made fun off.

You should deal with the possibility of being wront too sometimes. Like this time, for example. Nobody is perfect.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:09 pm

While I still stand by the post where Remedy charges off, you do have a point that Synch didn't post movement at that point for Leaves.

Had I noticed that at the time, it would likely have been explained by the others urging him along to rush to Remedy's aid. It is slightly inconsistent, but there is a big difference between consequences resulting from specific actions and omissions.

However, combined with an irritated mood on my part (as a person as well as GM), I perceived this as an attempt to shift blame, and did what I have accused you of... And didn't read carefully. For that I apologize. If I'd checked more carefully, I would have had a more measured response, and not have lost my cool.

All that being said, you did post an unnecessarily heroic action, that had there truly been a lack of protection, may have made the difference between your fellow goblins living or not...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:22 pm

People, please keep it civil. While it is okay to argue, insulting one and another will only cause more problems. I

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:48 pm

Nerre wrote:But to my regret, you play it by "Suck it or Fuck off". So I fuck off. I wished I could have finished the game, cause it started fun. And promissed to be fun again during the mother fight. :(
I don't feel like having to spend my little free time on possibilities to get insulted and made fun off.

You should deal with the possibility of being wront too sometimes. Like this time, for example. Nobody is perfect.
To clarify, my ill advised quote was "suck it UP or fuck off"... "suck it or fuck off" is a whole nother level of aggression. By which I perhaps should have said, "Remedy ran ahead because you posted she did, deal with it".

While it is what I said in the moment, I think it would be unfortunate were you to drop out of the game at this point, after having come so far... (tomorrow is our 1 year anniversary of GAL 8... the longest quest of them all... :thumbsup: ).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Just refrain from doing it again, okay? I suggest waiting a few hours to calm down if you are angry.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:51 pm

So we're just beginning the main quest, and we're down 1/3 of the party?

Maybe we'll run into some spiders soon, and they can web half the swarm while the other half feeds on the spiders...
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:34 pm

WearsHats wrote:So we're just beginning the main quest, and we're down 1/3 of the party?
Yes, it appears so... Though Mantagar will eventually catch up, so there's that... :shrug:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:13 am

I was gonna bite my tongue throughout this, but I don't like being accused of stuff.
Nerre wrote:why synch, why? now my char is swarmed cause you wanted to loot while everybody else wanted to move on. :/
Spider is right, you were wong! I did no looting, I merely mimed All checking the bodies with the glasses. You were wrong to blame me for looting, and its pot calling kettle black with 'powerplay', oh Master of Distraction.
Nerre wrote:Don't call me wrong if thats not the case.
See above.
Nerre wrote:Leaves ignored the posts of the others and did neither write anything about moving nor not moving=> not sure what to do with him about the "moving" topic.
Everybody but Leaves wanted to move. Two with condition, two without. And Leaves did not object moving while smearing mud on himself.
Ah, now you're making assumptions too. I didn't IGNORE everyone's posts. Of course I move with everyone else. Its what I've been doing the entire game, save for one small part where I took on a squirrel. I always make sure everyone is together, and that I stick with everyone. If I haven't stated it specifically, it is to be assumed as it is what I consistently and characteristically do.

I also MIMED covering myself with mud. I made no motion to stay and do so. I was actually waiting for a response from everyone regarding that idea, and if everyone objected I THEN would have posted something like "Leaves shrugs and follows the others." It just so happened that you were the only person to respond to my idea and I didn't get a chance to post my follow-up post.

Please do not accuse me of things I didn't do (looting, smearing myself in mud, ignoring posts etc.) I don't like it.

Down one third? Doesn't bother me. No idea what Remedy was doing half the time, and Costa is basically non-existent anyway.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Synch, stop that. You wrote a what Spider often called "half-assed" post:
Synch wrote:Leaves mimes smearing mud on themselves and then shrugs, unsure if that would be enough to deter the mosquitoes.
He slips the ring back on his glowing finger.
Nothing about moving with the group, no reaction on any other player post. Deal with it. Nobody can read your mind and intentions.

About the looting I apologize, should have been directed at Theis. Steals, not Leaves. I mixed up your moves. But while you did indeed not stop moving on by looting, you did write nothing about moving on. Theis did so, despite of the looting action for Steals.
Your glass action was another turn, not the one that caused the problems.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:12 pm

I've already said, I was waiting for responses. If everyone had said "That's a great idea Leaves, lets do that!" then I would have done so. If everyone said "no, won't work" then I would have posted moving on. As I already said, only you responded and then I got no time to do a follow-up.

I did NOT ignore everyone's posts and I wasn't trying to stay behind. I'm one of the strongest advocates for pushing on and keeping together, I wouldn't deliberately lag behind.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:18 am

I wish there was a game that everyone could play that involved yelling and arguing...

It's probably one of my favoritest things to do.

:)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:50 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I wish there was a game that everyone could play that involved yelling and arguing...

It's probably one of my favoritest things to do.

:)
Hey! You're not in this quest, get out of here before I yell at you! :P
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:27 am

Hi

okay, lets make this simple: We forgive each other and call this a big stupid missunderstanding.
I also grant Spider officially the right (as I thought I already did) to plot-twist Remedies actions so she sticks with the group (or the majority) whenever it appears I want to seperate again, especially in a stupid suicidal way.

Lately several of us tried to roleplay with each other, but it appears to me that not only I have to suffer from less time for the forum, so often there are no responses in time before the update. (No, I am not asking for updating less frequent, the game is long enough already ;) )
I will condition my move better, so spider can take the one that fits best, even if there is no response or none of the conditions I imagined is met.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:10 am

I'm trying to strike a balance to keep the game on pace, so sorry if I've been rushing you guys. I just feel sorta guilty for keeping you from other GAL quests, and tying up 6 players, limiting the ability of other GMs to run other GAL games in the meantime. That being said, I don't want to short change you on the adventure, so have resisted handwaving in an ending, or dumbing it down to where the main quest is a HUGE anticlimax after taking out Mother.

For some of you, I'm working on getting myself to where I'll be set to resume SCH... this summer and fall has gone by incredibly fast with my graduation and new job eating up hours of my day. I'm no less concerned about finishing GAL 8 before resuming SCH, if need be, I can always stretch updates there out if I don't have the time to update both, but I'm itching to get back there. I'll post more stuff in the OOC over there soon, but in the meantime, thanks for your patience.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:58 am

Relax, Spider. It's just a game. We're here to have fun. Don't stress too much.

We've had a good game. We went the wrong way and took out the main boss first. Now we're going to mop up the side quest. (Wasn't planned or pitched that way, but it's effectively what it is.) I know Synch wants to wrap things up. You don't have to worry about it being anticlimactic.

As for SCH it's been on hiatus. You told us that would happen. I'll be happy to get going with it again, but it's been on hiatus for months. Another month or two or whatever isn't going to make a difference. Whenever you're ready. No pressure.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler