GAL 8: CRUT OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: CRUT OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:02 pm

I'll have the party move on tomorrow morning, so if you don't want to, speak up in the next 14 hours.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:09 pm

I'm unlikely to be in working order before the end of the year. I don't have the executive function to spare for entertainment.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:19 pm

I'm sorry to hear that man, I can keep on keeping on with Mines, and you can jump in on any days that you're up for it?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Last week of lecturing this semester, and our truck just needed to be taken into the shop, so I've been sort on update time on my end.... I have time to do text, but not a Battlemap type thing. If I skip that this update, I can have something up tomorrow probably.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:09 am

I don't think the battlemap is too important right now, you could substitute it with a number of mosquitos still hot on our trail instead :) (I also assume we won't be assaulted by a thousand spiders either...)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 am

I'm finding this a bit tricky guys, feel like I'm making all the decisions and I really don't want to lead when I can't even speak! Where are you at nikohl?
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:06 am

I'm around, feeling shitty and sick as usual and mostly only checking in to make sure I don't need to moderate anything in the Discussion thread (currently people are discussing the semantics of what does and doesn't constitute rape, and one guy is sticking adamantly to 'the letter of the law' in the real-world place he is, rather than, you know... using the broad definition of non-consensual intercourse :wall:) so apologies for my mostly-absence, but not really feeling up to much at the moment.

To be honest I'm not sure what we're supposed to be doing here anyway... last time I checked in, I was about four seconds away from having All hit the first big spider with her mace, but it went away again. Now we're inside the webs, we have no mosquito grass so we can't hang around for a fight, and we can't go forward or back, so. :shrug:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:08 pm

I think thats where we are.

I'm perfectly happy to just cut swathes through everything and kill all the spiders, but I think we're trying a more pacifist approach out of respect to Mines and Remedy, and also it would leave us exposed to a swarm of mosquitoes. So I think currently we're seeing if we can clear the trail without disrupting the spiders, to keep the mosquitoes at bay.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:23 pm

And hope you get some respite soon :sulk: Sorry, didn't realise you were still feeling crappy.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Yeah so far I've been thinking of just heading further in to get the swarm trapped and then just start killing everything we find and harvesting as much silk as possible.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:25 am

Yeah not a bad plan! Except Mantagar is gonna start busting down web soon.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:04 am

I am trying to keep Mantagar from charging the web. It might trap us all. One long fight with being encumbered most of the time is enough. ;)
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:57 am

You don't KNOW that's what he's going to do....
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:39 am

Did I imply that? Just said "trying to keep him" cause that was the impression I got. Not that he really will do it. Our experience with him showed that he is not stupid, but I still got no proper image of the webs in my mind. Maybe such a large creature running quickly might not notice them in time. Or are they thick enough, like a climbing rope?
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:23 am

Nerre wrote:Did I imply that? Just said "trying to keep him" cause that was the impression I got.
Yes, it seemed to me that you did imply that...
nikohl wrote:All cups her hand to her ear and realises she can hear Mantagar yelling. "Hey, it's Mantagar, he's caught up!"

She shouts back down the path. "We're in here!" We made a tunnel, can you fit in?"
spiderwrangler wrote:Hearing her shout, the minotaur considers bullrushing through the web... it might be tough, but surely not enough to hinder him...

"All? There's lots of web, and no way through that's minotaur sized! I'm coming!"
nerre wrote:"NO! TRY TO GET AROUND MANTAGAR! So far the webs keep the mosquitos at bay, don't destroy them!" Remedy shouts, fearing what might happen if Mantagar would just storm into the webs. They might come down on not only him, but also on the goblins.
He's too far away for you to hear, which is why in the last update, Mines and All were the only ones to hear him. All Remedy has heard so far might be All yelling to Mantagar. Remedy doesn't know where he is or what he's doing... and for her to assume that he's going to rush the webs when he's only CONSIDERED it....
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:37 am

Yeah I counted 9 mosquitoes. 7 near mantagar and 2 between the two web places, others might be faking they are in the web or succeeded their stealth check :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:14 am

11, there are two off to the other side in the canopy as well. :thumbsup:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:26 am

I vote we use Remedy as bait!

I'm only kidding. Sort of. Except she is actually well-placed to survive being nibbled, and we can stick her out of the cloud like we're mosquito-fishing, reel her back in and clean them off her, rinse and repeat. :p

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:08 am

nikohl wrote:I vote we use Remedy as bait!

I'm only kidding. Sort of. Except she is actually well-placed to survive being nibbled, and we can stick her out of the cloud like we're mosquito-fishing, reel her back in and clean them off her, rinse and repeat. :p
She even has a rope belt to dangle her from... :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:15 am

Nerre wrote:"Do they have strong poison for example?"
Why do I get the feeling that the answer is going to be yes and at least one of the spiders will have a poison that knocks a character out for 20 turns or something like that? :paranoia:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:15 am

The spiders don't have any poison. They do have venom...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:22 am

Potato, potato same word applies to both in danish (and german too) and marriage is also mixed into the same word in danish. Although untranslated english speaking people would love to recieve it. (the word is "gift" in danish) :p

Okay maybe not potato, potato but the meaning came through at least
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:25 am

Ooo... Venomous potatoes.... :idea:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:27 am

Yes, let's permanently switch the two words around! Or just be forever watchful of the mutant potato that bites back :shudder:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:05 am

Sorry its been so long guys, and now we're in the holiday season so I know some folk won't be quite as frequent on the internet. We'll get there! And hopefully all deem it worth it!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler