GAL 8: CRUT OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Synch
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: CRUT OOC

Post by Synch » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:05 am

I'm away till the 5th Jan with limited internet so I'm gonna be inactive until then unfortunately. Please put my character on autopilot - fight fight fight, identify magical stuff with magic ring. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:15 pm

I know I have an action for All, I just don't have the time at the moment, so I finished off peoples moves for Turn 181, and will be doing Turn 182 up to where I can probably tomorrow.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:39 am

I got a question: The spiders seemed neutral at first, then we walked beneath their web without being attacked.
I know somebody showed up and did not fully trust us.
Then the attack happened.
Did we convince the first party to trust us before this happened? Or did we not, so the battle itself might happened to gain his trust?
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:55 am

Nerre, I posted another partial update, in which the head henchman was bitten into submission. Since I was working on it when you posted the spider whisperer actions, Remedy's help isn't really needed, so feel free to post something else if you wish.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:59 am

Edited that part and wrote something new.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:04 am

Ok, cool. Remedy would have noticed that they haven't paid much attention to either the dead spearman, or the dead sneaky guy...

Also, as long as nothing unexpected occurs, the rest of this turn will be the last with a turn order.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Thank you so much Spider, yes there were hiccups along the way but I still had a damn good time. Thank you everyone for putting up with the pantomime!

And now for loot. Ah yes, the fun part where arguments ensue!
From the other groups I've been in, what you have picked up along the way isn't necessarily what's yours, because finders keepers doesn't work if you hang behind healing like Mines does, and generally whoever posts first after Spider's updates get best pick.

Here's a list of all the known magical stuff we have acquired from this quest (I think, please correct meif I'm wrong Spider).

Costa = skeletal arm wand (?)
Remedy = bottomless belt pouch, dirk, cloak, glass sphere X2, four orbs of blood on a string, amber and scale necklace
All = Chain shirt, runed leather gloves, Mother's staff, rapier, elf thrall's wooden staff, bunch of potions, crock of mudhoney (apparently has a magical aura?)
Leaves = Mother's wrap, ring of identification, other ring (Spider, it seems to have gone missing from my inventory)
Steals = Nothing?
Mines= Nothing?

Of all the items I've found, the items I would personally love are the dirk, cloak and maybe wrap or first ring I found, as Leaves is a sneaky rogue type. Happy to negotiate, happy to give up ring of identification etc.

EDIT: Willing to trade Beserker Axe too!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:01 pm

When I'm at a computer, I'll post a full list, and/or edit inventory links to reflect what has been found this quest.

Some items may be more beneficial to some characters than others, but I'm leaving it up to you guys to reach some arrangement. Other than whatever "free" (ie, blood fueled) identifications you can make, you may not know what certain items do until you get them back to the HQ.

If you ask Mantagar, he'll at least be able to give you stats for mundane items he's familiar with, and mundane stats for magic items (eg, +1 dagger).

Ormila may be able to do the same for textile based stuff...

I'd suggest teaching a consensus on what to try to ID before that, but again, that's up to you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:01 pm

I am willing to trade the more thief like stuff for better armor, as I consider my remedy more as a fighter/tank/paladin than a sneaky class. If somebody has magical armor, I would even trade it for the cape. But let's wait till we know all stats back at the HQ, although Mantagar might help to tell us at least the mundane ones.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:58 pm

I divided up current inventory items into what people started with and the stuff you picked up along the way, broken into mundane and magical, for your ease of viewing.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks Spider! Thats a big help.

Nerre, there's still a light chainshirt, a padded tunic and a conical helmet which may provide more defense for you, and Mantagar may fit the chain shirt and helmet to suit your size.

As a thought, if the gloves provide extra strength they may be good for Mines' unarmed combat, not sure if they affect unarmed attacks though.

Anyone is welcome to use my ring of identification if they want to take a small hit to health to find out exactly what their items do.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:24 am

Thanks a lot Synch!

Remedy asks Mantagar if he can change the chain shirt and helmet to fit her. If not, she will put on the light chain shirt and the conical helmet.
If the gloves would only work for armed attacks, I would be willing to trade something for them. Strength might come in handy as a tank, not primarily to hit stronger, but to block stronger and hold her ground. Maybe one of the glass orbs or orbs on a string might be more useful to somebody else than me?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:31 am

Synch wrote: Remedy = bottomless belt pouch...
The bottomless belt pouch is not magical. Spider put this in as a joke. It is just a pouch with a hole in it, so indeed it is bottomless cause the bottom is missing and everything you put in falls on the ground. ;)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:32 am

Maybe.... If someone wants to use the ring of Identification, Leaves has offered it for use, though I predict this will be it's last one, so choose wisely. ;)
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:34 am

Is the ring the cause for his HP loss? If yes, do they come back after some time?
I really would love to learn what the dirk does. If anybody else wants to use it, I won't mind. If I remember correctly, we will get to know what our items do back at the HQ anyway, right?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:47 am

Yes, as mentioned at the bottom, his HP does come back, at this point it'll basically be returned when you get back to HQ. Your items don't get auto ID'd at HQ, if the bars is there, you can pay him 2 gold to ID, or the crippled old man (which you don't know about yet, in character, as he was rescued on GAL 9), can attempt to ID things for you.

The ring works now, but won't work at HQ, and is essentially without penalty since HP isn't a vital resource at the moment.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:54 am

All would like to keep the gloves and chain shirt that she's wearing (if the gloves do improve her mace attacks like it seems they do - further identification might end up showing they're more useful to someone else), but she doesn't specifically want to keep Mother's staff, the elf's stick, the rapier etc - she just ended up carrying a bunch of stuff so that nothing got left behind. She has decent weaponry already so isn't after anything of that type, and if she gets to keep her new armour she's well-defended so it's only clothing/boost-y items like the gloves that she is interested in. She gave her old armour to Mines. She also lent him her boots, which she'd like to get back when the Trapper Keeper is updated.

The Mudhoney might be best as a sale item or to see whether the boss wants it. (I think the aura is because it's got healing properties.) The potions we should split up based on what they are and who'll benefit most from them - they might even be most useful as ingredients for the combo cube to imbue things, rather than just as one-shot drinks.

We should see what's in the lumpy pouch too, if it's herbs maybe Ormila or Mantagar will know what they're about.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:54 am

Then I would like to check the dirk please. Maybe my amulett will keep the effect at bay, so identifying would be free for Remedy anyway.

I would like to have a magical weapon and some armor upgrades, which don't need to be magical. +DEF is enough for now.
If the dirk is better for an rogue and Remedy could get the rapier, it would be fine too. Without better armor, I just don't want to go to a two-handed weapon like the berserker axe, which is not mine anyway.

I would like to see what the glass orbs and the orbs on a string from mother do, and sell them if we cannot properly use them. The string orbs are pretty powerful, so maybe they are worth a lot. Or could be combined with an item for a strong sickening effect with the combination cube aka Horadrim cube. ;)

We can fastforward now and go to identifying and redistributing if you want.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Nerre wrote:
Synch wrote: Remedy = bottomless belt pouch...
The bottomless belt pouch is not magical. Spider put this in as a joke. It is just a pouch with a hole in it, so indeed it is bottomless cause the bottom is missing and everything you put in falls on the ground. ;)
:lol: :P
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:20 pm

I think what we need to remember is what we picked up is not necessarily ours? I mean, certainly we can say we would prefer to keep something, but its a very flawed system if what you pick up in-game is only yours. I know I'm not entitled to the rings or wrap. Because it mean that loot is basically decided by who posts most promptly to Spider's updates. From previous games w all just used what we found in game, then lumped it all together, then put together a list of what we wanted. If both people want something first, then we roll off for it etc.

I didn't know the Ring of Identification was limited use! Otherwise I wouldn't have burnt through it. Sorry folks! :(
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:22 pm

nikohl wrote:The Mudhoney might be best as a sale item or to see whether the boss wants it. (I think the aura is because it's got healing properties.)

We should see what's in the lumpy pouch too, if it's herbs maybe Ormila or Mantagar will know what they're about.
Yes, I wasn't entirely sure how it's considered in Thunt's world, but you are correct in my intent. There is no additional effect other than the healing properties associated with it (though you may want to keep it away from certain goblins....).

Ormila would be the one to ask about the pouch.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Nerre wrote:Then I would like to check the dirk please. Maybe my amulett will keep the effect at bay, so identifying would be free for Remedy anyway.
Are you planning on stabbing yourself with it to check?! Ummm, if you intentionally stab yourself, I'd say that DEF doesn't come into play, but that you conceivably could stab in a non-lethal spot, but any magical effects may still propagate normally even on a reduced damage "attack".
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:05 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
Nerre wrote:Then I would like to check the dirk please. Maybe my amulett will keep the effect at bay, so identifying would be free for Remedy anyway.
Are you planning on stabbing yourself with it to check?! Ummm, if you intentionally stab yourself, I'd say that DEF doesn't come into play, but that you conceivably could stab in a non-lethal spot, but any magical effects may still propagate normally even on a reduced damage "attack".
I think Nerre meant the amulet may keep the Ring of Identification's effects at bay.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:30 pm

OOOOOOOOHHHH! That makes a lot more sense.

:tfacepalm:

Silly me. Well... one way to find out.... though since there is no combat planned, its essentially free at this point anyway.

I've updated the game thread with input from Mantagar and Ormila for those who've asked. If I missed something you requested they look at, just let me know.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:33 am

Lol. yes, Synch got it right. :D
Made my day spider, don't facepalm too hard. It was very funny.

As the ring is limited in use and we can identify back at the HQ anyway, I would suggest we keep the ring's last use for the next adventure.