Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Pirate Training! 13.4)

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:13 am

In the Air
"Okay bud, release the smaller weight now!"
Dra'kan dives towards the main sail of the pirate ship and releases the large pulley. It just misses all of the various lines between the two masts and hits squarely on the mainsail. However, the pulley appears to do little damage, the main sail just begins to flap wildly.

The air elemental loses track of you both and seems to fade off into nothing.

However there is a cheer from the ferry quarterdeck. The cheers die abruptly as another volley of stones from the goblins in the masts and the gunners on the forecastle open fire on them.

*BangBangBangBang*

The goblins on the mainmast drop down to the mainsail to deal with the damage you have wrought.
*Boom* *Boom*

The two swivel guns reply and the foremast shakes as another shot hits home

Main Cabin

"Val wants us topside." is all Arg says to the womanÔÇÖs rant.

MakitaÔÇÖs response is to stand over the cook and comment.

"Sorry ladies, thought it was a flesh wound. Definitely acting odd. And what was with that skeleton?"

The talkative maid only says I only see a skull on the floor

Makita reloads his weapons as he addresses the good doctor.

"Ok well this really ain't my area of expertise. You got this, Longshanks?"

The doctor frowns at him and then replies enigmatically, "flesh is malleable. Predictable, easy to understand, and to repair. People are...another story entirely. I shall do what I can."

He then addresses the bystanders, "As for you two. Your friend is not dead, and for a murder to occur, there rather has to be a death, doesn't there? Though I would hesitate to call her your 'friend' as of this moment. She is not presently the woman the two of you have known. An exorcism is required to remove this foul demon, but I can at least promise that her flesh shall mend."

The maid sitting up just shoots daggers at Jager from her own eyes but says nothing. The one who is still on the floor, is sobbing in her own puddle at the moment. Though if her tears be for the wounded cook her own fouling, or the impending Orcish rape, only her fear fractured mind might know.

"Keep an eye on our elf there too."Arg states while indicating with his thumb the woman in the stern cabin. Who has now curled up on the deck with her dog laying on top of her protectively.

Both Makita and Arg move through the stern cabin to the main deck above. Makita giving the women a jaunty tip of the hat while passing.

Jager picks up the skull and douses water through both the eye holes, knowing that it can serve as an impromptu prison during a rudimentary exorcism. Acid smoke filters out with crackling sound as the magic focus held inside the skull is burned out by the holy water.

Jager looks down on the unconscious cook and rearms his crossbow. He notices that the woman not crying has moved over to look at the elf.

She is interrupted by the steward, who drags himself into the stern cabin. He is bloody and battered with several deep seeping wounds obvious across his body. He carries a massive bow over his shoulder and a quiver of arrows on the other. The steward simply swings his hand over the center of the stern cabin and hidden compartment opens in the deck.

Jager cannot make out what the woman says, but the steward replies dryly, I seeplease take this bag up to the quarterdeckunless you desire to become a sex slaveI will deal with the foreigner.
He throws a long, heavy bag from the compartment onto the woman's shoulder and then almost pushes her towards the ladder up topside.

The steward turns and addresses Jager. What...sir...are you doing now? Wounding people to make them your patients orhmminteresting.How is it that the woman has suddenly gone from being lawful evil to lawful neutral?

Quarterdeck

Makita and Arg arrive on the Quarterdeck to find it a bloody mess. Almost all the crew are covered in wounds of varying degrees. The steward rises up from a crouch before them, unsteady from the loss of blood from the numerous wounds he has, pulling back a bow. He lets the arrow loose and the sound of a scream indicates heÔÇÖs hit something fleshy on the pirate vessel. He only turns and slips past both Makita and Arg, heading for the stern cabin below.

The pirate vessel looms quite close, in fact it almost appears as if the pirates could just jump across the narrow space between the two vessels and engage in hand to hand combat. And at this distance you can see that there are almost twice the number of pirates to you and the crew. At least half the pirates are hobgoblins who look like ArgÔÇÖs little brothers.

*Bang* the sound of Valdar firing the long, massive rifle in his hands draws attention. The dwarven Captain yells triumphantly, By the Gods man, you just got a piece of the foremast with thatLook shes swaying opposite the swellsits about to go damn it!

The scene of several goblins running about carrying wood and rope on the nearby pirate ship is obvious. They are trying to effect repairs to the mast. Some of the hobgoblins are swinging grappling hooks above their heads.

One of the maids appears behind you and drops a large bag into the center of the quarterdeck. Swords and boarding axes spill out one end.
Thank You miss, The captain says before announcing. Well folks we almost stopped them but they think they are going to go at us full bore. Prepare for boarding by grappling hooksjust remember we have only made them mad so farnow we need to make m dead.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Pirate Training! 13.4)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:26 am

Completely ignoring the bag of weapons, Arg cracks his knuckles gleefully and trots over to his pack, retrieving his Battle Mask and securing it on his face. His eyes gleam with excitement behind and his tusks protrude up past the fangs of the bone mask.

"Ha! Let 'em come!", he says excitedly, flexing and stretching in preparation of a fight.

He wrenches one of the javelins from the deck, the wooden shaft looking flimsy in his massive hands. He heaves it one of the gunslingers in the cluster of boarders at the front of the pirate ship. "KEEP YER TINY STICKS TO YERSELVES!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Mast Doctor? Anyone? 13.5

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Ride check!

14+12=28

"Okay fly higher and deploy the anchor! Aim for the stearing sail!

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:44 pm

"Ah. You can see it, then. " Jäger didn't bother to respond to the first comment. "She is possessed. Though I shall have to...improvise, I should be able to do away with the foul demon within her. Her companions did not believe me--I am hardly surprised--but it is good to see another that could see the foul miasma following her before... "
The tall man's words remained a low mutter as he brought the skull closer to the (stable) but downed woman.
He dug through his pack for the holy water he needed, before the thought of setting up some sort of protective circle in case the spirit escaped occurred to him. He had nothing on hand to do any such thing. Silver, but no way to powder it. Improvise, indeed...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:07 pm

Makita has a brief look around, tipping his hat at Val'dar. "You need my services so soon? We hadn't even established a fee!" he says with a grin.

He draws quickly and fires a shot off at the foremast, scoring a hit in its teetering frame. He ducks down as he reloads the pistol and holsters it, narrowly missing a javelin flying overhead. He stands and quickdraws his second pistol for another shot at the mast, and curses loudly as it misses the mast before ducking and reloading/holstering again.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:52 pm

In the Air
"Okay fly higher and deploy the anchor! Aim for the stearing sail!
Dra'kan of course knows that Speaks is talking about the fish tail like sail over the end of the ship. Of course it is technically the spanker and is used to help the ship turn but actually not steer. Dra'kan's new dive bombing hits the sail and the mass rips both of the sails booms off and causes lines to rip away at the three goblin crew members trying to luff the mainsail. One drops to his doom hitting his head before vanishing under the waves rolling past the side of the ship. The other finds themselves prone on the maindeck.

The spanker crashes down on the quarterdeck covering both the figure in grey standing there as well as the goblin at the wheel. A large kitsune in a floppy hat runs over to the sail and begins to cut away at it.

The Quarterdeck
Makita has a brief look around, tipping his hat at Val'dar. "You need my services so soon? We hadn't even established a fee!" he says with a grin.
Val'dar barks back, "I doubt you want to negotiate with those hobgoblins. I hear they have no problems with mounting males backsides if there aren't enough women."

*Chink*
*Chink*
*Chink*

The sound of grappling hooks landing along the deck and taking hold on the ships rail sound out as Makita

quickly draws and fires a shot off at the foremast, a perfect shot...
*Bang*
....ruined by one of the goblins working on it stepping in his line of fire on the crowded deck. He ducks down as he reloads the pistol and holsters it. One of the gunslingers on the other side almost hits him, the bullet flying overhead. He stands and quickdraws his second pistol for another shot at the mast, and curses loudly as it misses the mast before ducking and reloading/holstering again.

Two more shots ring out from the men on the deck as they return fire against the gunners on the other side. The large man's shot from the rail gun goes wild after he's hit in the shoulder by a pirate bullet.

*Boom*
*Crack...wrack....*
"Lookout...their damn mast is coming this way!" screams someone as the Captain's swivel gun does a number on the pirate foremast. Arg and Makita easily jump out of the way of the falling mast, rattlings, and lines that collapses across the gap between the two ships.

Makita looks around and sees that two crew members are trapped by the fallen mass of canvas and wood. Another two crewmen appear to be only caught in the ropes, however one is the crewman with the other large swivel gun.

Completely ignoring the bag of weapons, Arg cracks his knuckles gleefully and trots over to his pack, retrieving his Battle Mask and securing it on his face. His eyes gleam with excitement behind and his tusks protrude up past the fangs of the bone mask.

"Ha! Let 'em come!", he says excitedly, flexing and stretching in preparation of a fight.

A bullet from the pirate whistles past his head. wrenches one of the javelins from the deck, the wooden shaft looking flimsy in his massive hands. He heaves it one of the gunslingers in the cluster of boarders at the front of the pirate ship. "KEEP YER TINY STICKS TO YERSELVES!"

It merely ends up in the side of the enemy vessel a few inches from one of the Hobgoblins that scowls back at Arg.

Val'dar, who seems to have lucked out from the falling mast, levels the wall gun in his hands and pulls the trigger. One of the heads of a pirate gunslinger explode into red mist and the body falls over the side still caught in the lines from the mast. He then jumps to near where the mast crosses onto the deck and pulls out his own long tribarrel pistol. "Alright...time to send these bastards into the drink before..."

A goblin pirate scrambles across the round mast with massive dexterity and takes a swipe at the Captain who is struggling with pulling his broad axe out from under a pile of canvas. Meanwhile a Hobgoblin begins using the ratlines, that now form a suspension bridge between the two ships, to begin to cross over to take the ship.
► Show Spoiler
Main Cabin

"Ah. You can see it, then. " Jäger didn't bother to respond to the first comment. "She is possessed. Though I shall have to...improvise, I should be able to do away with the foul demon within her. Her companions did not believe me--I am hardly surprised--but it is good to see another that could see the foul miasma following her before... "
The tall man's words remained a low mutter as he brought the skull closer to the (stable) but downed woman.
He dug through his pack for the holy water he needed, before the thought of setting up some sort of protective circle in case the spirit escaped occurred to him. He had nothing on hand to do any such thing. Silver, but no way to powder it. Improvise, indeed...

"I recall that the mark of evil would remain as long as possession was still in place. She now reads as a lawful citizen again..." Is the stewards reply. He stands in the doorway and drinks some small vial of liquid. "I had best go and deal with the pirates lest they kill us all..." He states before suddenly leaning against the door. Unfortunately this healing potion takes time..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Timber! 13.6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:13 am

"Okay, now I think it is time to fly down." As Drakann is flying down, Speaks casts grease on the bridge if able.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:22 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:25 am

I am going to get in range to grease and possibly land. I need to know the enemy's situation first. If a lot are trapped/downed then I am going to go for a land.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:32 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:36 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Yea....just a bit....hmm I will land on our ship then.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:53 pm

[Right. I'm just going to have him detect evil. Erm..since before was.... It's a cone that I can direct at will and "sense" the result based on where I focus it based on how the accompanying spell the class ability copies functions, the only difference is that the inquisitor as per writeup doesn't spend an action. ....apparently. I do not have to look in the direction I am directing the cone to 'sense" (which is how the spell wording says I interpret) the result. The first round (where I am activating the ability) will only determine the presence / absence of evil.

Going to try to determine if it has hopped in to someone else that's elsewhere.
If I sense it elsewhere, injured guy is more immediate, and I can produce a heal roll for him.
Otherwise, I'll figure out what I'm doing.]
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:02 am

► Show Spoiler
Makita looks at the goblin engaged with the Captain, its back conveniently to him and his trigger finger itches. However he sees the crew caught in the ropes and has a quick thought about the greater good for the fight. A crew is only as good as its leadership, remember. Help the Captain.

He makes his mind up, quick drawing his main pistol for a shot at the goblin attacking the Captain, before rapidly reloading and holstering, then drawing his offhand pistol for a shot at the same goblin, and reloading it.

He yells to the orc, "Arg, you protect those trapped crewman from any pirates that come near, and get them free if you can. I'll shoot any pirates that try and come across the mast or the ratlines!"
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:47 pm

In the Air
Dra'kan cicles down between the two ships, allowing Speaks to cast grease on the ratlines between the ships. The spell catches one of the hobgoblins who is walking across them out, he looses his grip and goes flayining into the sea. A moment later he appears trying to learn how to dog paddle but weighted down by the large boarding axe on his back. Dra'kan continues to spin down and finally lands on the starboard stern quarter of the Quarterdeck which is free of ropes from the pirate mast that might entangle his landing.

Quarterdeck

Makita opens fire on the goblin pirate attacking the Captain. The goblin begins to drop on the first shot, the second shot spreads the matter of his brains across the sea.

He yells to the orc, "Arg, you protect those trapped crewman from any pirates that come near, and get them free if you can. I'll shoot any pirates that try and come across the mast or the ratlines!"

As the gun smoke clears before him, a second goblin and a kitsune appear across the mast. The goblin slashes high and gets a bite across the captain's shoulder. The dwarf returns the favor but misses slashing the hobgoblin behind the goblin that sends sends the hobgoblin to the deck. The kitsune takes a nasty bite of the Captain with one of the two longswords in each hand. Behind him remains a single hobgoblin who has used the lines attached by the grappling hooks to help propel her across the mast. The surviving hobgoblin drops the lines and arm themselves with boarding axes.

Meanwhile, one of the crew members trying to work out of the fallen rigging is hit by a bullet and falls bleeding to the deck.

Val'dar levels his weapon but suddenly lowers it as a bullet slams into his shoulder..."Damn we need to get rid of that mast quick..."
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Quarg on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Party Crashers 13.6.5)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Arg will dash to the mast draped onto the ferry. He looks for a likely spot where he'll have the best chance of lifting it. Wrapping his arms around the mast, he heaves upward.

If he lifts it, he'll try to cast the ferry off from the pirate vessel, dropping the mast over the rail if they get free.

If he can't lift it, but can budge it, he'll shove it back and forth to try to dislodge the pirates scampering across.

If his efforts fail, or a pirate gets too close, he'll station himself near the rail to punch the hell out of pirates on the mast as they are still struggling to keep their balance.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:07 am

"...it is on the move. You are injured, and though stable, she is in need of someone to watch her. I can aid in recovery, but I must ensure this foul creature causes no further problems."
[If allowed, Jäger will toss a quick cure light wounds his way. 1d8+5 = 9 While detection doesn't officially require an action, casting will end concentration :b]
[If however an "on the spot heal check" on him determines he doesn't really need healing, and that this potion is working quickly enough, it will instead be tossed to the downed woman to help get her up so she can be sent somewhere safe. In any case, pursuing what Jäger sensed feels the best option. The holy water and skull will be kept at the ready. ]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Main Cabin
"...it is on the move. You are injured, and though stable, she is in need of someone to watch her. I can aid in recovery, but I must ensure this foul creature causes no further problems."

The steward appears to be getting stronger as he forcefully replies. "This is quite annoying, however I doubt most demons can navigate very well between hosts in here, one of the benefits of kitsune runes." He points over to a corner, and the first, vocal maid's head appears. "You are required to assist in tending to the wounded down here." She nods at him and then disappears again behind the bulkhead, hiding from Jager apparently.

The steward steps forward and pulls up the woman who has been quietly blubbering in her own filth. "Madam, I require you to go into the stern cabin immediately." He gently, but firmly pushes her off into the stern cabin. He steps forward and looks down at the cook. "Shall we relocate her to the stern cabin?" he asks as Jager invokes cure light wounds upon her. She jolts a bit as the magic begins to take effect, though it can't do much to heal her broken mind inside of her body so she remains unconscious.
► Show Spoiler
Quarterdeck
(Note changes above due to me misreading a spreadsheet)

Arg attempt to move the mast and discovers that it is damn heavy. Of course he can move it up and down and around which he does as he pushes it two feet farther out. The goblin is too shocked by being hacked on by one of the crew members with a boarding axe to notice. The hobgoblin at has a face full of smoke as Val'dar fires two rounds from his tribarrel into the creatures face but he only smiles and prepares to attack the Captain.

The Captain can stop the kitsune's attack, but the goblin gets a nasty deep wound under his guard.

The Kitsune waves across at his crew and calls, "Get your damn asses over here...these landlubbers will soon be without their beloved dwaven captain and we'll have her!"
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Speaks greases the mast that is a bridge across the two ships. "Dra'kan, guard the captian!"

Dra'kan nods and goes to the Kitsune and attacks. Unless I can grapple....can I grapple?

Ac: 11; dmg: 10 Nope....

GRAPPLE check from Dra'kan.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Speaks and Dra'kan's update:

Speaks runs over to the rail and casts grease on the mast. Which proceeds to cause one of the pirates now on the mast to fall off into the rattlings where he's able to hold on.
The other pirate turns and gives Speaks a rather nasty hand sign and continues to slowly cross the mast.

However, Arg discovers that he's able to slide the mast much more easily (double movement of sliding mast)

Dra'kan throws himself at the kitsune. The kitsune sees him and is able to get a cut in with one of this swords before finding himself wrapped in five feet of flying snake.
"Foul Sea wench, once I get free I'll tear your heart out and force feed it to your dying corpse..."
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Party Crashers 13.7.5)

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:42 pm

Seeing Speaks enter the fray, Makita takes the time to scuttle across to the crew trapped within the rigging and quick draws his dagger to cut them free, putting extra focus on freeing the crew member with the swivel gun ahead of the injured crew member. He does his best to quickly cut through the entangled rope.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 pm

"Get free? Oh you would like that won't you? Hey Speaks, you think if I drown this prey I get to eat him?"
"Make sure you bring back the body just incase he has pirated anything interesting."
"Okay, give me gills!"
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:09 am

Continuing Update...
Makita cuts the last few ropes off of the crewman on the swivel gun. "Thanks we need to break the the fore top gallent from the main fore..." He yells at Makita...And begins to search for the slow match he dropped when covered in tangled ropes.

Above the wind a few more swears can be heard as more Hobgoblins attempt to cross the mast and fall into the rattlings below. However, none fall all the way into the sea.

The Captain, now freed of the interference of the Kitsune cuts down the goblin facing him..."Beware taking that scum into the sea...he's more otter than fox..."
Before Dra'kan can reply the massive Hobgoblin steps forward and slams the shod but end of his boarding axe into Dra'kan who discovers that struggling against loosing the Kitsune is also making him a damn good target. The Hobgoblin attempts to use the leverage of his boarding axe to help break Dra'kan's hold on the Kitsune, while a bullet slaps one of Dra'kan's wings.

Arg, who has been moving the mast off the ship faster after it was greased is finding it harder and harder to push or even lift. Actually it is obvious someone is pushing back against his attempt to maneuver the mast.
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Party Crashers 13.7.75)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:21 am

Arg lets go of the mast for now, and leaps into battle with a roar. He attacks the hobgoblin that's attacking the weird snake thing (if he's in range, otherwise, the closest enemy), swinging his massive fist into the pirate's face.

Arg attack roll 8) : 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30
Crit confirm: 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16
Damage Roll: 1D8+10 = [6]+10 = 16
Additional damage if crit confirms: 1D8+10 = [7]+10 = 17

If you need Acrobatic or other checks, let me know.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:21 am

"Dra'kan, fly you fool!" drakan nods and double moves, flies 50 feet upwards still holding on the kitsune. Speaks then mages armour thecaptian.

You did in lude drakan's mage armour in ac right? He has 4 more than shown

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:24 am

► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr