Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Pirates of Penzance! 13.2

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Arg nods and heads to the dazed elf.

"Let's get you below, miss. "

Despite her previous aversion to his presence, he doesn't hesitate to either pull her into a stumbling run, or pick her up and carry her if she's completely unresponsive.

" I'm just helping keep her safe." he tells her dog thing. If it give him gruff, he'll growl back at it.

If he's able to get to entry to the main cabin he'll holler down, "HEY, 'KITA! VAL NEEDS YOU!" before descending, keeping the elf behind him if possible.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:41 pm

(Jager is up but might as well get this completed now)
Stern Cabin

"Let's get you below, miss. "
Arg rounds up the elven woman who seems confused at the moment, but lets Arg almost stumble drag her down into the stern cabin.
" I'm just helping keep her safe."
he tells Simoom. Simoom seems to think Arg isn't too much of an issue and follows behind.

Arg reaches the empty stern cabin with a javelin located in the middle of the space.

He calls from the doorway between the stern and main cabin, "HEY, 'KITA! VAL NEEDS YOU!"
As he pauses the woman seems to drop back down to her knees.

Quarter Deck
Bang
Boom

Twang
Bang

The sound of battle as the remain crew respond with their weapons...
Val'dar swears as his bullet goes wide from the unfamiliar weapon.
The steward looks pleased as he sees his arrow sticking out of a Hobgoblin across the way.
All the cannon ball seems to have done is smash a hole in the sail of their pursuer...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:23 am

Arg stashes the elf woman on one of the benches in the stern cabin, and leaves the tiny critter to look after her. He heads into the main cabin....

((I think Arg is a bit ahead of others, turnwise, so feel free to slot this in when it's needed. I'd like to know which end of the conflict he's entering from.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:12 am

"That will do just fine. We have to be quick about putting this one down--I've seen them before. It will get right back up if we let it."
Jäger's eyes narrow behind his glasses. His first instinct was to reload quickly, and hurry along dispatching the poor, unfortunate monstrosity before them. The woman did not escape his attention, however, and the new bolt stayed momentarily within his crossbow.

[If she is within 30 feet, I'd like to try to threaten her in to inaction. Erm. I guess that's more influence opponent's attitude than demoralize, since demoralize = shaken. You get the idea. I've no intention of shooting her when we potentially need information, and my spell list is lacking for forcing inaction on me. Soooo.
Intimidate 1d20+11 = 25
If I can still roll a knowledge on what she's doing AND intimidate her, fantastic. Just let me know and I'll pop up a roll. If not, still going to try to scare her senseless. :b]

He was quick to turn his gaze toward her, lips curling back in a sneer that bared suspiciously long canines, "I think you will find that is a poor idea, indeed. Sit quietly and behave, lest you dig your grave deeper."

[Attack of opportunity? 1d20+6 -> 23]
Last edited by Amara on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Makita holsters his main pistol, draws his off-hand and reloads it.
"Um, shouldn't we shoot first and ask questions later?"

As Arg yells out to Makita he responds in kind: "TELL MR VAL I'M BUSY WITH UNDEAD!"
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 am

Off Port Midships
Dra'kan continues to fly up and forward both gaining altitude and eating into the distance between himself and the bow of the pirates. Both get a front row view to the ensuing long range battle between the ferry crew and the pirate crew.
*Boom*
*Boom*
rattle out as the ferry crew try to use the large swivel guns to damage the attacking pirate ship. But only small blooms of slinters from the pirate hull seem to be generated.

There are several goblins in the rigging of the pirate ship using small stone slings one handed to drop shots down on the ferry crew ahead, along with tall, broad hobgoblins throwing javelins. One of the goblin pirates notices Dra'kan and Speaks. He screams something, a moment later a small ball, translucent but glowing flies off from amongst the rigging. It is headed strait at them both.

Dra'kan sweeps to the left just before the ball of air hits them. Speaks can see that has a 'head' of the long oblong 'ball' is shaped like a wolf as it flies past. The winds from the ball's body buffets both Dra'kan and Speaks.

Speaks turns in his saddle and watches the glowing ball swing wide to come back around to hit them again.
It sends out a long, "Hawoooooooooo"

Main Cabin

Makita holsters his main pistol, draws his off-hand and reloads it.

Jager and Makita discuss strategy about the remains of the animated skeleton.

"That will do just fine. We have to be quick about putting this one down--I've seen them before. It will get right back up if we let it."

"Um, shouldn't we shoot first and ask questions later?" Makita asks as he finishes reloading his weapons.

The conversation is interrupted by Arg who yells at Makita
"HEY, 'KITA! VAL NEEDS YOU!"

"TELL MR VAL I'M BUSY WITH UNDEAD!" is the reply Arg gets.

Makita sees Arg step into the cabin behind him. Just past Arg, in the stern cabin, is a prone elf woman with some small dog like creature nuzzling her. The sound of glass breaking and another javelin sinking into the stern cabin's floor marks another poor throw by the pirate crew.

The sound of stones hitting wood deck overhead, the heavy thump of the swivel guns, and the slight tremor of the wood underneath his feet, tell there is a fight going on elsewhere.

Arg steps into the cabin behind Makita. On the other side of the man is a skull laying on its side with various little pieces of bone scattered all over the deck. At the far end of the main cabin stands the tall passenger on the bottom steps of a ship ladder. He is arming a crossbow and is focused on a stout, plump woman standing against the port side bulkhead of the main cabin.

Jäger focuses on intimidating the plump cook, lips curling back in a sneer that bared suspiciously long canines, "I think you will find that is a poor idea, indeed. Sit quietly and behave, lest you dig your grave deeper."

Jäger can see fear form in the woman's eyes.

But the body, the woman's body, tenses and then suddenly strikes out towards him. She is still pointing whatever that stick is in her hand. Jäger instinctively drops the crossbow towards her and squeezes the trigger. The bolt smacks into her just above the heart. As the body twists to the momentum, the fear in the eyes vanishes for a second, a mischievous grin hints across her lips and she gives him a wink before the fear returns. She twists against the nearby bulkhead and screams..."Murder...Murder...this foreign blackguard has murdered me! Olivia, Kat...tell my master this bastard has murdered me!..."

The woman's hand rips the bolt from her chest and blood begins to flow from the wound profusely...As it does so the woman convulses violently and the signs of evil upon her begin to fade away.

The two women who had been hiding in among the benches of the cabin poke their heads out to look upon the scene. They gasp and look at Jäger and Makita with fear and hatred.

Jäger realizes that everything about the woman is pointing toward possession, though not of any kind he's ever read about before.
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 am

"Ignore it and fly higher! We need altitude!"
Speaks takes a pot shot at the creature: and misses

Synch
Game Master

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Captain Benny Hill! 13.3)

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Makita looks down at the woman writhing on the floor.
"See?! That was much more effective! Well done Sir."

He then quick draws his main pistol and fires a shot off at the skull with each weapon. Before the smoke finishes clearing from his pistols, he jogs over to the prone woman and presses the hot barrels against the bleeding wound in an effort to cauterize it.
► Show Spoiler
If in the event of Jager reaching the woman first to heal her: Makita will still fire both weapons at the skull, and if the skull is still intact or any major part remains Makita will walk over to the skull, pick it up and toss it out the nearest cabin window.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:17 pm

Upon hearing that they are facing undead, Arg had barreled into the room to see the tall passenger take out the woman as she tried to strike him, before ripping the bolt from her chest. It seems that the tall fellow and Makita are working together, and that must have been the female passenger the steward mentioned. If she was in cahoots with the two hiding behind the bench... He sets his sights on the other them and stalks over towards them. "DON'T. FUCKIN'. MOVE."

Intimidate check..., on whichever one looks more likely to do something stupid (check only at +13 as he doesn't have his Battle Mask on currently).

"These 'uns don't look undead."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:28 am

► Show Spoiler
[Okay,
-If Jäger is able to 'tend' to her first, he will spend his standard action to cast stabilize.
-If Makita stabilizes her first, he will instead maintain focus on the undead, and will instead reload and shoot at it again. 1d20+6 -> 18 dealing 1d10(4) damage (I don't think I spent extra on an enchanted crossbow, but +1 damage if I did.) (You gave rounds before it regenerated. Has it actually fallen, or does it simply have delayed healing while still upright? If it's fallen, that roll can be reserved for anything else that might attack, I suppose.)
- If the creature falls, Jäger will promptly head for it to use holy water on the remains. If he spent his standard action stabilizing the woman, he will simply spend his move action to get there, and the holy water will be used on his next turn.
- If Makita moves to toss the skull, he will call out for him to stop so that the remains can be properly...neutralized.]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:58 am

Ah...its bits of bones all over the room Amara...I would say it has 'fallen' just that its going to get up again...in about an hour or so...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:22 am

[Got it. so the non-combat oriented parts of that, then.]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:18 am

The Goblin Airforce...or is it Air Farce?
Speaks decides to teach the wind creature a lesson and shoots a bolt at it, which proceeds to demonstrate he 's no good at mid-air dog fights...with an air elemental.
Dra'kan continues to labor upwards, ignoring saying anything to his rider.

The air elemental continues to howl "Howwwwwwwwwwww but passes underneath them, apparently going too fast to make a mid air correction and even get near them. But it again begins to swing around to make another pass at the pair.

Makita encourages Jager to shoot unarmed women at point blank range.
"See?! That was much more effective! Well done Sir."

He then demonstrates the same concept on the skull lying on the floor, smashing two rather nice holes in it.
He then takes his hot barrels and proceeds to do a damnable job of cauterizing the woman's wounds, though it apparently hasn't stopped the internal bleeding all that well as she is seen coughing up blood still.

Makita turns to see Jager look at him silently, but with a thousand words in the silence. Jager just points and the woman's body thumps for a moment before the blood flowing from her coughing mouth stops.

Jager steps down and pulls a bottle of holy water from a pocket and looks about for where among the scattered bones the nuclus of the spell energy is...which appears to be the skull which has already regenerated from the two holes Makita just put into it.
► Show Spoiler
Arg steps in and Intimidates one of the women "DON'T. FUCKIN'. MOVE."
She attempts to crawl through the deck and the smell of her pee and s*** is unmistakable as it pools out across the deck beneath her.

"These 'uns don't look undead."
The other woman is not so intimidated.
"Now see here you...moving mountain...I am not undead. That woman was cook to the Declara Clan. And they will hunt down anyone and everyone involved in her murder and...and...roast their balls on a Hibachi and feed them to their dogs...before..."

The gunfire in the distance makes her stop.

"Am I the only one concerned that the gunfire is getting closer...I mean you've shot her and molested her...are you going to fight the pirates?...or offer up her body as some sort of sacrifice. Personally I don't want to be in a sex slave by the end of the day..." she takes a new tact, apparently deciding that not dying is preferable to yelling at the three men.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:24 am

Arg turns to Makita. "Val wants us topside."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court (Pirate Training! 13.4)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Drakann flies up further. "Okay bud, release the smaller weight now!"

...I have no idea what to roll to drop a weight onto a ship.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Drakann flies up further. "Okay bud, release the smaller weight now!"

...I have no idea what to roll to drop a weight onto a ship.
OOC: Where on the ship are you targeting to drop the anchor on?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:18 pm

Notthe anchor, not yet. The weight the man gave us for the curior check. Anyways, I prefer the middle of the ship, maybe i can ruin the sail along with a lot of other things.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Notthe anchor, not yet. The weight the man gave us for the curior check. Anyways, I prefer the middle of the ship, maybe i can ruin the sail along with a lot of other things.
(OOC: I have you dropping that awhile ago Burns and not picking it back up...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Quarg wrote:
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Notthe anchor, not yet. The weight the man gave us for the curior check. Anyways, I prefer the middle of the ship, maybe i can ruin the sail along with a lot of other things.
(OOC: I have you dropping that awhile ago Burns and not picking it back up...)
But i told him to pick it up before the anchor...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Makita leans over the corpse. "Sorry ladies, thought it was a flesh wound. Definitely acting odd. And what was with that skeleton?"

Makita turns to Jager, taking turns reload and holster each of his pistols.

"Ok well this really ain't my area of expertise. You got this, Longshanks?"

If Jager is comfortable being left with the skeleton and maids, Makita will join Arg in returning to deck.
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Makita received a frown, "flesh is malleable. Predictable, easy to understand, and to repair. People are...another story entirely. I shall do what I can." He turned to look toward the two women, eyes narrowing briefly at the one who spoke up, though it was difficult to track his eye movements behind the thick, dark lenses obscuring them. "As for you two. Your friend is not dead, and for a murder to occur, there rather has to be a death, doesn't there? Though I would hesitate to call her your 'friend' as of this moment. She is not presently the woman the two of you have known. An exorcism is required to remove this foul demon, but I can at least promise that her flesh shall mend." They certainly had little reason to trust him, after what they had just witnessed, and Jäger would keep a close eye on them both.
The gunfire was concerning, but the possession was far more important, in his eyes.
[And a knowledge planes on the situation 1d20+5 -> 16]

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:53 pm

Arg takes the tall guy's rambling to be an agreement to handle things down here. "Keep an eye on our elf there too.", he says, jerking his large thumb towards where the elf is slumped in the bench and her pet is sniffing about.

He turns and dashes for the steps up to the main deck.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:04 am

Makita gives a tip of his hat to Jager and the ladies before running upstairs after Arg.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:20 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:06 pm

► Show Spoiler