Thread of Unknown Purpose...OOC for Immortals

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Thread of Unknown Purpose...OOC for Immortals

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:49 am

Amara wrote:was that possession writeup also my knowledge planes return? (Also I thought that was my turn. o-o ) Since it was partially directed at NPCs as well.
Yes, because I thought you were trying to figure out about possession...I mean I thought it was more than 15 value worth...(If you had gotten a twenty I might have just outright told you but die have consequences...actually all the information is there to narrow it down to two possible...Or knowing about possessions is not common knowledge...you could do another knowledge check next turn on a focused question if you want. (I assume all but Sparks is intelligent enough to move and think about things at the same time.)

And all I have Jager doing at the moment is dumping holy water on the skull (actually I assumed that from the last multi-possibility post you did) but that leaves at least a movement action or equivalent.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Oh no, it was a LOT of information. I was just making sure, because the info on possessions felt more like a knowledge: religion thing, while knowledge planes would be for info about outsiders specifically.

I do have holy water to uh... dump on the possessed woman too, but I don't have a container I could force any sort of spirit in to, from your description.
Well, there is the skull I just doused in holy water, if that would count. :b

I think it would be best if I hold until I at least have NPC reaction. I would like to have a readied action to shoot any enemy that comes in to range with hostile intention toward myself or the women, however.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:28 pm

Amara wrote:Oh no, it was a LOT of information. I was just making sure, because the info on possessions felt more like a knowledge: religion thing, while knowledge planes would be for info about outsiders specifically.

I do have holy water to uh... dump on the possessed woman too, but I don't have a container I could force any sort of spirit in to, from your description.
Well, there is the skull I just doused in holy water, if that would count. :b

I think it would be best if I hold until I at least have NPC reaction. I would like to have a readied action to shoot any enemy that comes in to range with hostile intention toward myself or the women, however.
Possession is one of those areas that confuse natural philosophers of the Q verse because of the overlay between Gods, demons, angels, elementals, and Outsiders... ;) Actually, there is nothing stopping an outsider from being any of those types of Possession...well except the last which is more of a rare mortal ability...

And the skull might be useable...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Ooops...forgot Burns...
Yeah you did order Drakan to pick that up so what do you want to target on the pirate ship?

Edit: And I need an Acrobatics check for Arg and Makita because Val and the Captain both rolled so damn well... :lol:

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:26 pm

I am going to use the smaller weight to target one of the sails.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:50 pm

An example of the sail plan...

So which sail are you going after?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:55 pm

The biggest. or the middle one i guess.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:49 am

So here are some important 'Naval Battle facts' for your information

The foremast is below 1% health...(That is the more forward mast on the drawing above)

There are a number of iron tipped javelins stuck in the deck...

If you decide to throw or fire at the mast (or anything else) on the pirate forecastle then the following rules apply:
Targeting Pirates in the 'foreground' (human gunslingers and hobgoblin fighters)
- There are 7 gunslingers and 7 Hobgoblins
- roll your attack roll, roll a miss roll (1d20), and roll a miss attack roll (1d20) and your damage roll per usual (Because if you miss, you have a chance to hit something else it is so crowded over there...)

Targeting the Mast (or pirates around the mast)
-roll a 1d4 (target), your attack roll, and your damage roll.
-If you roll a 1 on the 1d4 roll a 1d20 for your miss roll...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:41 am

Well, if there are javelins stuck in the deck, Arg may chuck one back at them. For laughs and whatnot.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:43 am

He might just hit something...those Hobgoblins aren't exactly known for being good throwers either...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:56 am

Only a 'meh' throw, he's not really expecting to hit anything, more of a dismissive throwing of their weapons back at them sort of deal. If he hits something, great... though he'd probably be bummed if he turned out to be really good at javelining and had rolled a crit. Less up close punching to be had later.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:59 pm

How far away are the humans/hobgoblins on the forecastle, and how far away is the mast?

(My weapons have a range of 40ft, and my Point Blank feat activates when less than 30ft away.)
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:02 pm

Synch wrote:How far away are the humans/hobgoblins on the forecastle, and how far away is the mast?

(My weapons have a range of 40ft, and my Point Blank feat activates when less than 30ft away.)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:03 pm

About 30-35 feet...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:49 pm

I'll have my post up in a second. Spent most of today bedridden with a migraine. x-x But the painkillers seem to finally be doing something.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:05 pm

Amara wrote:I'll have my post up in a second. Spent most of today bedridden with a migraine. x-x But the painkillers seem to finally be doing something.
Sorry to hear it...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:46 pm

made sure I got it out. I hope I wasn't overreaching any bounds. Generally there's always some way of ritualizing spells normally beyond you in D&D (and Pathfinder seems to have kept the tradition from some of the supplement stuff,) sooo I'm assuming weak abjuration rituals would be a common place thing and fairly normal for an exorcism. If not, well... he's eccentric and paranoid, I guess.
I'm having one of those weeks where every conceivable thing goes wrong. ...including my transcript and diploma BOTH GOING MISSING when I have a meeting with the uni I'm trying to get in to for post-grad...tomorrow.
Or rather, today in about 8 hours.

And my fiance just went to bed and I've been left alone to look for it when he's....literally the last person to have seen it.
So I'm sort of internally screaming right now.

if there's a delay when my turn comes up, just skip me next go round, if possible. I don't want to hold people up if I drive myself insane trying to get things back to some semblance of order.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Good luck with things.

Any one know what's up with Tea? Hasn't been on in two weeks...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Amara wrote:made sure I got it out. I hope I wasn't overreaching any bounds. Generally there's always some way of ritualizing spells normally beyond you in D&D (and Pathfinder seems to have kept the tradition from some of the supplement stuff,) sooo I'm assuming weak abjuration rituals would be a common place thing and fairly normal for an exorcism. If not, well... he's eccentric and paranoid, I guess.
I'm having one of those weeks where every conceivable thing goes wrong. ...including my transcript and diploma BOTH GOING MISSING when I have a meeting with the uni I'm trying to get in to for post-grad...tomorrow.
Or rather, today in about 8 hours.

And my fiance just went to bed and I've been left alone to look for it when he's....literally the last person to have seen it.
So I'm sort of internally screaming right now.

if there's a delay when my turn comes up, just skip me next go round, if possible. I don't want to hold people up if I drive myself insane trying to get things back to some semblance of order.
Not sure if you need them...but one thing you could do is get a copy of your unoffical transcript, usually most U.S. colleges offer that free of charge as an internet download.

Edit: Did send a TG to her a few weeks ago but she apparently ignored it. :shrug:
I don't know what is going on...

Synch...Er...you misinterpeted that first d4 roll but I'll fix in the post...

Arg is going to get to punch soft squishy things next round....(I have the next round rolled out but need to go to bed and have a day trip tommorrow so no reply until late fri/ sat at soonest.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Quarg wrote: Arg is going to get to punch soft squishy things next round
:cheer:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Quarg wrote: Synch...Er...you misinterpeted that first d4 roll but I'll fix in the post...
Quarg wrote: Targeting the Mast (or pirates around the mast)
-roll a 1d4 (target), your attack roll, and your damage roll.
-If you roll a 1 on the 1d4 roll a 1d20 for your miss roll...
I rolled a 2 with my first 1d4 so I assumed it hit the mast. When targetting the mast, anything but hitting the mast is a miss so I assumed thats what happened on a 1, and therefore I hit.

You should have explained things better then :P
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:09 pm

That's about what I expected for his javelin attempt. ;)

Couple questions to clarify Arg's next actions.

How much distance separates the decks of the two ships (and will they be getting closer, given another round)? Arg would be more likely to try a flying leap onto the other deck than to shuffle across a wooden pole suspended between two ships.
How many gunslingers remain on the pirate ship (I believe his Martial Flexibility giving him DEF against firearms is still active, but want to weigh options before turning another combat feat on).
Makita saw the crewmen get trapped by the falling mast, has Arg seen this too?
How far is Arg from the goblin attacking the captain (and did he notice it boarding the ship)?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:40 pm

Hmmm....do I have anything else I can use to throw down? I want to know before I go to phase 2, which involves summoning the largest amount of largest creatures from summon monster from the air and bombing the ship while I feather fall into the water. (since I can't summon monster and have dra'kan out at the same time)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:57 pm

HAHA!
Douglas Adams wrote:It is important to note that suddenly, and against all probability, a sperm whale had been called into existence, several miles above the surface of an alien planet. And since this is not a naturally tenable position for a whale, this innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity. This is what it thought, as it fell:

"Ahhh! Woooh! What's happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What's my purpose in life? What do I mean by who am I? Okay okay, calm down calm down get a grip now. Ooh, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? Its a sort of tingling in my... well I suppose I better start finding names for things. Lets call it a... tail! Yeah! Tail! And hey, what's this roaring sound, whooshing past what I'm suddenly gonna call my head? Wind! Is that a good name? It'll do. Yeah, this is really exciting. I'm dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There's an awful lot of that now isn't it? And what's this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like 'Ow', 'Ownge', 'Round', 'Ground'! That's it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it'll be friends with me? Hello, Ground!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:19 pm

So from my understanding of your writeup
If this is a "rider" type, her true alignment would detect when it is not active, yes?