Recruitment Threads?

Home to all current Forum Games.
willpell
Banned

Recruitment Threads?

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 am

Do they exist? Where are they?
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Recruitment Threads?

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 am

Well most people have a sign up when they create the game in the relevant thread. There are a few games where everyone can join as well and give input like Civilization and Escape
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 am

willpell wrote:Do they exist? Where are they?
I've requested a way to have them separate from the actual games. (Don't know if that might be a subforum or what.)

Hopefully that'll help answer your questions. ;)

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Theis2 wrote:Well most people have a sign up when they create the game in the relevant thread. There are a few games where everyone can join as well and give input like Civilization and Escape
Everyone can play The Music Game. Riddles is open to everyone. So are Odd Statements, Arrested Development, and Memories.

The key to finding just starting games is to notice new threads, or threads that have very vew posts. Often the title will give a clue. A couple of current titles suggest ongoing games are looking for 1 more player.
Last edited by ThroughTheWell on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Ruined kingdom is always open for everyone to participate. As are the other games already mentioned. :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:42 pm

I will say this though. If we could create a new folder within forum games for say...."forum game chats" that would be cool.

Currently someone creates a thread for a game, they post for it, find people and then make a new thread for the actual game leaving the other for chatting. If the one for chatting could have a home somewhere in a sub folder that would be nice.

Either that, or create subfolders for types of games. (not trying to go crazy with this) but you could have -> Forum Games 1.-> Everyone Can Play 2.-> the other kind

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 pm

I've got a player spot available in the Island just now to replace a player who's gone AWOL. The draw will be tomorrow night (thursday), please see the following post for details:

http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... t=50#p5660

Also, everyone can always play in Escape! if you are interested in that too (though it's been going a while and the backstory has got a bit epic!)

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:46 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:
Theis2 wrote:Well most people have a sign up when they create the game in the relevant thread. There are a few games where everyone can join as well and give input like Civilization and Escape
Everyone can play The Music Game. Riddles is open to everyone. So are Odd Statements, Arrested Development, and Memories.
Okay, I don't know about any of those. I'm speaking of play-by-post D&D or the like.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Usually when someone is starting up a game (like I just did recently for Festival of Fools) usually you start a thread and put "Sign Ups Open" or something similar somewhere in the title so that people know it's currently a sign up thread. When the DM closes the sign ups, they remove it from the title and make it an OOC thread usually.

When games start up though... that's rather random and depends on when people have ideas and whatnot :)
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:04 am

A general recruitment thread would be very helpful.
My long-neglected blog.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:11 am

It would definitely be, especially since there's so much going on in this forum right now. You might find there won't be quite as many new games popping up as you expect, as we're still seeing a lot of revived games appearing, but hopefully that can change (especially if we manage to get a God School thread up and running).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:16 am

Curse of the Gold is looking for a player. It is dnd ish....but not true dnd.