Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The World

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The World

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:06 am

Patdragon wrote:As for this little skill bonus popping up breaking the tie and people having an issue with it (it sound more like a circumstance bonus like other bonuses people have had rather than a skill bonus and was just worded that way). I have shrugged at the numbers that pop up on bonus from many rolls already but have just accepted they are for plot.
I find it funny however that the two that already have a lot of things happening with/to them, whether you wanted them to or not, have had access to some bonuses at different times and sure it wasn't a profession bonus but bonuses have been given, be it in the form of using the pillar or plants or, emeralds
First off, Aegis already said it was a skill bonus, he just usually forgets to add them. And even if it were a circumstance bonus: attacking in the middle of our city surrounded by katha who want him dead should not be a circumstance that goes in his favor. Second, the bonuses we've been getting have never been a skill based one, and almost never on our SAs or FHs, generally just on the voted actions. And even when it was on our SA or FH it was generally for someone else's assistance or such. And if it is like you said "for plot" then Aegis can no longer hide behind his "I let the dice decide" excuse for staying out of things.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:42 am

BadgeAddict wrote:But...the point that I have been trying to make this whole time is that, all of you who are pissed....are complaining about things that are legal for me to do...so in my opinion, your complaints this whole time...have been void.

just saying...try seeing it from my point of view..

I asked the mod to intervene, because you were unjustly calling me a troll...thats why one got involved...I was offended for doing nothing wrong.
I was unaware you were you were the one who go the mod involved, that being said:
M0rtimer wrote:That on itself is fine, it's within the rules of the game, and hence can't be called trolling... What DOES worry me is the fact that it seems to me you're not doing this because you think it's the best idea towards the common goal I mentioned, but just to get a rise out of people, and you've basically admitted as much. You can't not expect trying to get a rise out of someone and then for them to not react to it. How would you feel if the situation was reversed? If this is the sole reason you're doing what you're doing Badge, I'm sorry, but they're kind of right.
He didn't side with you. He didn't quite side with us either, but he did throw out a generic warning.

Also, it would have been fully legal for me to spend an SA or FH to bond with Glorth when players didn't vote for it, but didn't because players were adamantly against it. I could be spending 4+ SAs per turn right now. That would be a huge boon both to me and the clan. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If we go by your logic I could dig up the buried blackness lake, throw the combined double-pillar/snarl in and create a superior being to destroy the world (katha included). I may just be "submitting to a power greater than myself" and therefore "not trolling at all" but it would ruin the game for everyone else pretty quick.

Even so while we initially were just trying to convince you not to do it, it was your taunting and your "I don't care what you say I'm going to do what I want" attitude that made it objectionable and quickly led to this downward spiral. It wasn't your character action but your attitude that made things objectionable.

Finally, as you continue to defend your actions, it makes your apology worthless. I withdraw any acceptance of it.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:51 am

Of course I defend my actions...as I did nothing wrong...

and..in other notes..

Although I am being heavily trashed for doing so...I feel that I am being (in your eyes) a necessary evil, as I am making all of you work together..

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:54 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Of course I defend my actions...as I did nothing wrong...

and..in other notes..

Although I am being heavily trashed for doing so...I feel that I am being (in your eyes) a necessary evil, as I am making all of you work together..
Asides destroying a superior, destroying many unearthen, refusing to listen.
And destroying things cfor fun/

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:57 am

Burns..lets discuss how your character in SCH acted when you first joined that game....shall we?

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:32 am

"Notice:"
This isn't that game. Kindly keep the discussion to the game at hand.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:52 am

The way you formulated your actions was very much "trolling" to me.
I do not like it, but do not want to feed you.
Here's your fish:

>><(((^|┬░>

It'll be the only Civ 7 fish you'll get from me, so make it last....
But this post from me earns you one.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 am

I will keep your Fish...thanks :P

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:28 pm

D34dlock must be like:

Should all take a leaf from his books and just get on with it :)
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:22 pm

I must say if Badge ever does become superior or mother mind I am leavig this game. I refuse for badge to be the leader when all he has done was splitting the clan apart.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Yeah, the hoops I've had to jump through to do our things (particularly the "if you want the bonus you can't act") while all Badges acts have quite easily succeeded (particularly this last turn's profession bonus BS), has left me left me losing interest. My quit point is the golem completion. If the golem isn't completely bad ass after all the time and actions I've invested into it, I'm gone too.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The Worldt

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Espessially since his bonus makes no sense in that situation. He was not even attempting to hide but yet was able to. And to add skill to it, which was a stetch of the skill in the first place. :meh:

Even when he crit failed to hide we couldnt find him

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Must...resist...more...memes...
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:20 pm

you realize that moping about this isn't making anything better...

I'll be very honest right now...

There is only one thing that I truly want

I want to be a Katha that is not Hiveminded...because I hate the hivemind, I have always hated it and I didn't vote for it...I want to be a free man..and since my desires of being a free man are the minority in this civilization, I took to using my special actions to get what I want...

that's what this game is about, using your brain to build a civilization that you want...and when there isn't an action to vote on that does what you want..you do it for yourself..

And when the Majority, are threatened by your actions...then you ignore them and push on..Why you ask,....because if they really wanted to stop you..(me) they would have spent there actions before now.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Yea, right badge. You are not doing that by becoming a superior or mother
You are judg going to become what you profess to hate.

And honestly only reason i have not spent actoons on you is because i know they will fail because agies limits sas far more than votes. And characters have devoted actions against you.

I did not vote for hivemind either but i can deal with it. You ripping apart the clan and killing members, refusal to listwn is not. And i am not moping. I am complaining it is my right and i will complain.

And you cannot just say your actions are justified because nobody did anything against you in game. Espessially when i asked you many times for you to stop before you harm even more katha.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:07 pm

But why should I have to listen, that I still do not understand...

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:19 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I want to be a Katha that is not Hiveminded...because I hate the hivemind, I have always hated it and I didn't vote for it...I want to be a free man..and since my desires of being a free man are the minority in this civilization, I took to using my special actions to get what I want...

-snip-

And when the Majority, are threatened by your actions...then you ignore them and push on..Why you ask,....because if they really wanted to stop you..(me) they would have spent there actions before now.
Well you accomplished the first part early on and then decided to screw with the clan. I'm sorry, but your words don't jibe with your actions. Your actions are far more antagonistic and aggressive than you let on and you know it. If anything you seem to revel in it... which is part of the reason you received an official warning.

You don't have to listen in the game, but you know your actions are going to upset people and shouldn't be surprised when the entire clan comes after you. You also DO need to listen to M0rt and Wolfie. I'm taking a backseat as a mod because I am involved in the game, but M0rt was right to give you a warning.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:26 pm

I did listen to Mort....

What I meant was not listening to things that are happening in this have.... Specially...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:27 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:But why should I have to listen, that I still do not understand...
Because you are becoming what you profess to hate. :roll: because you killed many katha numerous times without care. If you really cared about making your own society you could have done it without doing so.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:29 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I want to be a Katha that is not Hiveminded...because I hate the hivemind, I have always hated it and I didn't vote for it...I want to be a free man..and since my desires of being a free man are the minority in this civilization, I took to using my special actions to get what I want...
This whole time you've been griping because people are against you're route. Everyone else wanted the hivemind. You were outvoted. So you're throwing a tantrum and try destroying what everyone else wanted because its not what you want. You want to separate fine. But don't try to force the whole civilization too as well. I'm sick of listening to you gripe about it over and over.
BadgeAddict wrote:And when the Majority, are threatened by your actions...then you ignore them and push on..Why you ask,....because if they really wanted to stop you..(me) they would have spent there actions before now.
People have. As well as voted for actions to stop you. I myself was prevented from using actions by risk of losing bonuses for several turns.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that "suicide mission" became stealth mission and "beast master" became "ninja" and professions actually became relevant for only you. That was Aegis's doing, not yours. That's what people are currently pissed at. Aegis screwed up big time with this last update. And when we discuss it you use it as an excuse to whine about how everyone is against you. While we are all pissed at you too, its not all about you.
Aegis J Hyena wrote:I'll pay more attention then in the next stage
Considering that is pretty much the full response to screw ups (the rest is just BS about how things won't "collapse") I for one find that response to our complaints very lacking. Which is why we're speaking out.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Actually, I want don't want to bring down the civilization, I want to create a separate species.... So that in the next stage I can be something other than Katha...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Um, everyone DID NOT vote for hivemind; I didn't. Which is why I disconnected now. Had I known that this game was going to be all about hiveminds and class systems and voting as a mindless minion, I probably would have passed in playing.

And I think it's really rich mentioning 'throwing tantrums because its not what you want' when you guys come into this thread after a short period of quiet and stir things up again by threatening to ragequit because things aren't going YOUR way. Just use a SA/FH and take him out. Or just let him have his own tribe of free Katha and ignore him. Or just don't care so much.

Seriously everyone, grow up. Its a game. The expression is that it takes two to tango, and there'd be a whole lot less chatter if you two stop arguing with Badge (and he stops retorting.) Go create your own games where there are strict rules and no possible hint of chaos or freedom of choice - I don't think thats what Aegis wanted here.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:07 pm

I wouldnt care if he was far away from us and not affecting us but as it stands he is. And i am NOT going to be under his leadership, because after what he demonstrated so far he would cause a civil war.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Yeah but we don't live in worlds without civil wars Burns, this isn't the happy funtimes games. We commit genocide on a regular basis, wiping out smaller species. And at the moment we have a class system with a bunch of peons who are shunned because they're different, and people rebelled. I think the USA went through something similar 150 years ago. So I can see why Badge is roleplaying as he is. Haven't you heard of freedom fighters? The only reason I'm not doing the same is that I don't want to massively piss everyone off, although I pretty much agree with him. Look, my character gets a mutation and he's shunned and kicked out pretty much. Why wouldn't I want to overthrow a society that does that? Its fine for you with your 'good' mutations :P

Just ignore Badge. He doesn't want to lead you, or even be a part of your tribe or species. You've completely missed his point :)

Really, if Aegis had a massive problem with it, he would have just wiped Glop off the map. He obviously doesn't mind too much. So just drop your beef and play the game. Lets leave the emotion away from the keyboard eh?
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Synch wrote:And I think it's really rich mentioning 'throwing tantrums because its not what you want' when you guys come into this thread after a short period of quiet and stir things up again by threatening to ragequit because things aren't going YOUR way. Just use a SA/FH and take him out. Or just let him have his own tribe of free Katha and ignore him. Or just don't care so much.
When I didn't connect with glotch when everyone was opposed, you didn't see me spend an action to do it anyways and piss everyone else off. And seriously, the more I play the less I'm having fun. I'm supposed to continue regardless of whether I'm having fun or not? Badge is starting shit and has admitted to doing things to get a rise out of people. And after Aegis enabled his BS this turn, I've gone from irked to pissed. At this point, I'm not having any fun with this game. I'm past the point I would normally quit a game. The only thing keeping me in it is the potential fun I could have with the golem. Its not that things aren't going our way. Its that this game just isn't fun anymore.

And seriously you're pissed at us for speaking up the last few days when badge has been complaining for over two weeks.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10