Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The World

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The World

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Yea i only have good mutations because i wiped all of my bad mutations away. I worked very hard to get all the mutations i have.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:35 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:When I didn't connect with glotch when everyone was opposed, you didn't see me spend an action to do it anyways and piss everyone else off. And seriously, the more I play the less I'm having fun. I'm supposed to continue regardless of whether I'm having fun or not? Badge is starting shit and has admitted to doing things to get a rise out of people. And after Aegis enabled his BS this turn, I've gone from irked to pissed. At this point, I'm not having any fun with this game. I'm past the point I would normally quit a game. The only thing keeping me in it is the potential fun I could have with the golem. Its not that things aren't going our way. Its that this game just isn't fun anymore.
Well thats fair I suppose. Apologies, you can of course exercise your right to not play. And I agree it shouldn't have to come to that, Badge should ideally modify his pursuit of fun if it is impacting others' fun. But I stand by the point I make that someone else 'throwing a tantrum' and you threatening to ragequit are sorta the same, so you can't really accuse him of doing that ;) Anyways, thats irrelevant to the issue of people not having fun, so I shouldn't even really tread down that path.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:And seriously you're pissed at us for speaking up the last few days when badge has been complaining for over two weeks.
I'm not pissed man, I'm not sitting here getting angry like others are. I just think its all a bit childish, without trying to sound too patronising. Are we really getting mad and losing our cool over a simple text based forum game? We've got bigger things to worry about in life. If Badge actually does wipe out the Katha race in an act of stupidity, It would be incredibly dickish if he did that, but IRL goes on, right?
If we are being specific, Badge returned Feb 27. He didn't complain, he just started making a bunch of SAs as he disconnected and ran around being Zorro, and then I think you guys started murmurings of discontent. Then Badge starts his banter as he's prone to do, and so on and so on. I think he's started complaining in the past few days because he's started getting warnings and stuff about trolling etc. But yeah, not for two weeks man. You guys began by questioning his actions.

Anyways, I'm content at the moment. My lil Katha's got some broken knees, smells like fart and acts like a vampire, but I'm happy. Life is good :)
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:12 am

A short story entitled...How it all went down. *Warning, this is very long*
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:46 am

"Notice:"
Hey guys, this has been dealt with. In the interest of being adults.... DROP IT.

This no longer has anything to do with the game. It's more of a tug-o-war of who's right and who's left. We've all figured out that both sides did things that were ultimately in the wrong. Take a breath, take a walk, pop your knuckles, spin in your chair, go read a book, do something, ANYTHING but continue this particular line of butthurt.

Badge, you like to antagonize. We get it. You might not intentionally mean it to be mean, but that's how it comes across. When you see that line being crossed, stop what you're doing and this situation need never arise again.

Everyone else, when he does stuff like this, try to ignore him. We understand he comes across as an ass. It's non-intentional apparently.

We are all adults here, or at least should be. Please start acting like it. This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. Let it be.

Don't make me use the Mod voice...
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Figured we should stop chatting in the game thread...

Chuck, you didn't answer my question..

What punishment do you see fit that would make you happy...punishment for Glop that is...

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Yes I did, though maybe it was a little buried:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
BadgeAddict wrote:I didn't critfail to hide...I critfailed on an SA roll to create a Mental Camo effect.
Normally something like that crit fails it has the opposite effect, you'd be lit up like a Christmas Tree on our mental radar giving you penalties. Instead you still get a stacking hide bonus in all future updates? That should never have happened and shouldn't continue. What's really irking me the most here, isn't that you're getting these bonuses (though it does irk me) its instead that Aegis's justifications are these small conflicting responses that don't really respond to what we're saying.
Basically he shouldn't continue to keep a bonus that you get for crit-failing. I'm not saying penalize you into oblivion, but just not keep unjustified bonuses.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:37 pm

So..start the hiding thingy over from zero...or...lose the ability to be mentally hidden from the SM's?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:41 pm

why would a bonus restart from 0? It crit-failed. Normally that would be penalties. I think just eliminating it is generous, but better than doing a completely 180 with penalties or retroactively changing things.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:45 pm

could you find a comparable crit-fail that we can compare this situation to?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Most recently:
Zolorm's Detatchment: 48 (Successful but noticed)
Zolorm Fortitude Save (15+): 6 (50% to become UnEarthen)
Zolorm UnEarthen (50+): 40 (De-evolved)
Not even crit-fails and:
Mutation: Slowed while in Direct Sunlight
Mutation: Brimstone Stink
Mutation: Disjointed and Dislocated Legs (Speed reduced to 1/4)
There's probably better examples but I don't feel like doing a big search. Now can you find a comparable situation where someone crit-fails and gets bonuses?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:00 pm

What about when katha tried to put up mental resistances but make it so much easier for glop? But somehow you crit failing makes you better at hiding? :meh: the game is not very fun if the gm obviously wants to force us to fail destroying glop.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Was going back to look for more and found something:
When badge disconnected
Anyone notice something missing from the rolls?:

Badge's roll to disconnect!

After the nasty roll chances Synch had, badge completely ignoring those rolls even if he did use an FH is completely wrong. Aegis has shown way to much favoritism to this storyline.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:12 pm

I agree that if you critfail mental camo you should be more visible, not less. A critfail is a negative.

I critfailed an assassination attempt on Chomvid. I didn't partially succeed or get any bonuses or even any bonuses. I was captured and the clan needed to rescue me.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:27 pm

To note Chuck..I did use a FH to disconnect..not an SA..

And I also roll every turn to become UnEarthen..which is not nice...there is that too.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:34 pm

FHs never are never auto-sucessess. In fact they fail harder if they crit fail. Also a 2% vs 50%? Synch got screwed.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:35 pm

That I agree with you on...I think Synch did get screwed...in his attempt to join me...to conquer ...the world...mwahahahaha

just kidding..

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:53 pm

...Yeaaaaa glop auto succeeded on not being detected and not being unearthen. While me trying to do an fa to remove negative mutations unleashed snarl.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:13 am

Have to worry that most of the options that could be done about Glop could result in Badge either keeping Glop causing trouble or getting a new character, who he probably will turn into Glop II.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:35 am

Thank you Davecom....for not reading what I said...

As i have stated, Glop is a character who acts like he acts...and suddenly acting differently would have been out of character for him..

New character = new personality...who knows what I'll do with a new character, but acting the same way again would be trolling...I am not a troll

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:09 am

Davecom3 wrote:Have to worry that most of the options that could be done about Glop could result in Badge either keeping Glop causing trouble or getting a new character, who he probably will turn into Glop II.
Maybe not glop 2 but he will find a way to wreck havac just cause.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:15 am

We all get new characters soon. The next stage isn't that far off anymore.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:06 am

Now, burns...a comment like that makes me call you an D-Bag, justifiably so...

I do not seek to wreck havoc...just because....

It just so happened that I did what I did...yes, but you saying that I will do so again and again just because...that is the point in which you become a D-bag

in fact...it reminds me of a time in the Great Grippli War, in which, during the revolution of the Grippli breaking away from the Demon hordes, (aka Drow) and some of the players started saying that they would start a suicide raid against the grippli in which they would keep making new characters (grippli) and then killing themselves...where were the cry of "Troll" then?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:16 am

Honestly after all you have done so far it wouldn't surprise me if you would. And i dont know about last civ after i left. That civ was a mess to begin with.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:20 am

no no, not the last one, number 5...

burns...can we make a truce...?

edit: This was what I was referring to.
kida wrote:
madmartin26 wrote:LAYF, how is Diramanth unoriginal? I agree that if he was Drizzt then that would be pretty stupid, but I think that any race can be good or can be evil, as long as there is a reason, and Diramanth has a pretty detailed backstory explaining why he's at least not evil. Also, because of this i have no problem with the idea of an evil pony, the reasons i'm annoyed are:

1) Dark Dash is turning from completely good to completely evil in an instant because it's dark down here, Which is a pretty weak reason.

2) You are taking some of my most powerful allies and turning them against me, and now it's happened twice. If you were playing an evil pony that had gone mad down here and only just now found us i would be far less annoyed.

3) The exact same thing has already happened. I know it was your idea at first, but that doesn't make it better when two characters who are almost identical appear one after the other.

tl;dr If your evil pony came from somewhere else, with a backstory that explained why the were evil, then i would be sad to have another enemy, but i would have no real problem with the character itself.

Oh, and Badge: the exp we have was Aegis' idea of a better way to allow us to select the points we put into the aspects, it isn't for upgrading ourselves as individuals, unfortunately.
A lot of players took Gripply who are Neutral or Drow who where all under the chieftess and caused this division.
I would agree it's a good way to kill the resistance - take all the rebels as PCs and suicide one by one :paranoia:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:53 am

Yea I am pretty sure he was joking/pointing out the flaws in that plan.

And not until you have proven that you can be trusted. So far I don't trust you because of the actions you have taken.