Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The World

Home to all current Forum Games.
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The World

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:52 am

What the hell do you call this thing you've given birth to? (Also, Civ 7 OOC thread, just because)
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Aegis J Hyena on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Re: Civ 7 OOC Thread: Name that... Thing!

Post by Nolandking » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Hmmm let see by it description it pretty much a physic ball creature so when I type mind ball translation in Latin we get.

pila animi which we can put together to make a name.

Example
Pilanimites
Animipilas
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:35 pm

We don't call it, it comes on its own

:D

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Let's call it Cthulhu.

That name isn't reserved already, is it?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Am I the only one who thinks we've got remarkable similarities to the psibugs from starship troopers. psionic hive mind, tunneling, tough carapace....

I'm going to go with psibug.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Reminds me of a mutant Q-Bert or something myself...

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Name ideas -

A becolder
Jingshen (means psychic)
Tōng líng shòu (psychic beast)
T┼ìng l├¡ng ch├╣shÃÆu (pyschic tentacle)
quite like Chushou myself

As i'm in china I typed in to my translate different things for a pinyin version
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Cyrnoigan
Or
Psicyrorb

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Hmmm. Cyrochushou (since you utilize cold)... What would "psychic frost breather" be in chinese? Heh.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:26 am

The chushou is the tentacle part so it would be more like cold tentacle.

a direct translation of .....psychic frost breather is T┼ìng l├¡ng shu─üng chuÃÄnx─½
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Cyclopean Ice Wyvern?
I'm still reading shifters.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:53 pm

D34dlock wrote:Cyclopean Ice Wyvern?
Implies draconic features; this thing has none. And the votes are tied again for whether this thing gets wings or a manipulator tentacle (4 apiece).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Chushou could even be the sound it makes from its body holes very onomatopoeia.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The World

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Bumping, since people seemed to forget this was here. :P

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:57 am

Just a random thought, when i first read shining lights in the sky and you said not end of the world event, my thoughts wandered and as this was based on the spore game i then predicted it was just interstellar aliens collecting samples, terraforming planets and relocating random Creatures to other worlds! That's our end of world event our species gets kidnapped and put on a completely new world.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:03 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:] :tfacepalm: Just when I thought this was over. I apologize if I misinterpreted your actions, though considering the situation you can hopefully see why it might be interpreted that way. Regardless the comment was not intended to be spiteful. It was just considering the problems Glop has caused, and all the things that went wrong while he was doing this, and all the hints Aegis gave that things can go horribly wrong, its hard to be sympathetic to the fact you turned unearthen as you were warned this was a likely outcome. Though I am sympathetic to the fact that he hit you that hard.
Oh ok, just seemed like a "Haha, shame!" type comment. I expected some blowback, but not three massive mutations. I'm not siding with him, I just didn't even realise I could disconnect until Badge did it and then figured while everyone was looking for him now would be a good time to sneakily disconnect (not so.)
My reasoning for doing so is I never initially voted for a hivemind, I hate hiveminds. I'm much more about creativity and individuality. This got a bit boring constantly making votes that often had no impact on the game, and the only real difference I was making were through SA and FH. So thought I'd disconnect rather than take part in an unfair caste system. Poor UnEarthen...
"If you are neutral in situations of injustice you have taken the side of the oppressor."
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Can we try to make a small town instead splitting up? I would prefer that instead having two clans.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:04 am

Rereading what I'd written here, I sounded a bit rude and its meant in no disrespect to Aegis or the game. Its a great game, I just miss being really creative so I'm going off on my own to rp a bit more.
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:08 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Can we try to make a small town instead splitting up? I would prefer that instead having two clans.
Or two villages close together....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:12 am

Yeah I want to make the beginnings of a Katha nation, not completely split into separate clans. I had planned on linking some pillars like a stargate network, but Chartosh's pillar modification to dimensional door really started that for me. It could really have some cool implications for the next stage. Having a nation instead of just a clan/city would make for some interesting gameplay.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:38 am

Chuck, & Burns, & Moose. & Others who are on the opposing side of this conflict..from me.

I hope you understand that there is a difference between antagonizing and friendly banter and...I am a friendly person in general, and I like to have a laugh now and then.

I'll admit, it was getting a bit heated between Chuck, Burns and I as I felt like I was being attacked and thus I was attacking back, but...otherwise, I promise that the things I say are not to be taken as against you personally..but, as I said, Friendly banter between rivals...

I like boardgames a lot, and when I play with my friends (or wife), we yell and scream and say..potentially hurtful things toward one another...but we mean it in good sport, and when the game ends...we're still friends (or married :D)...

I hope to have the same relationship with all of you.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:47 am

I'm going to make a single post because my instinct say anything I post will just cause more pointless complaining posts.

First i will say i'm enjoying the game and the way it's run. People can do what they want with their standard action and vote for the collective - if it is against Katha nature or the majority it is more difficult - that makes sense. So I've had no problem with Badges character actions other than in character. My character does want him caught and him brought to some form of justice. (Badges taunting "banter" has been a bit misdirected which I think has made thing worse though). As glop plot has happened at a time it is quiet-ish it has been rolled into the bigger plot much like other people ideas. Messing about with a pillar, build a golem, mutate things, build towers, make flying boots, do blackness experiment and farm. Its all part of the story.

Hell there were a few time i wanted to throw my self into the black lake and try and control it, or imbue something to become more powerful like Xiu and Carpacio who already are important tribe member because of there actions (even if not on purpose).

As for this little skill bonus popping up breaking the tie and people having an issue with it (it sound more like a circumstance bonus like other bonuses people have had rather than a skill bonus and was just worded that way). I have shrugged at the numbers that pop up on bonus from many rolls already but have just accepted they are for plot.
I find it funny however that the two that already have a lot of things happening with/to them, whether you wanted them to or not, have had access to some bonuses at different times and sure it wasn't a profession bonus but bonuses have been given, be it in the form of using the pillar or plants or, emeralds

Carpacio Is pretty much the clan mother mind without being so and has had many bonus added to other checks because of his link to the pillar, sure it may not have been a profession bonus or choice and is limited to not leaving it but it was still your idea to build the golem and bonuses have been added because of your (arcane) pillar link.

As for Xiu- With the aid of the things to do with mutation available. (Karthesis plant), (Ember Emeralds), (Pillar/Snarl) there have been bonus to your work that have helped you from a story plot.

Either way this post trying to stop the complaining in the thread and simple enjoy the work Aegis is putting into this.

If we all truly want to stop Glop and get 6 different action to choose from we could all spend a SA to try and get him. ;)
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:53 am

I'll often do the same. Jab at someone's ego, taunt someone who I'm beating, boast that I'm coming after someone, etc. So long as its friendly and everyone is having a good time. But if someone is not enjoying themselves or pissed off, that's not possible. At that point its no longer banter. Banter is fun, but you have to be able to identify the appropriate situation for it.

People were already irked at you, and then further pissed because suddenly you got a bonus you shouldn't have. That is not the time to speak up. Further more a mod had already intervened once when things were getting heated. While I appreciated your apology after that one, going right back to what you apologized for makes this one extremely hard to swallow. While I'm still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment and I do appreciate banter, I think its better if we just refrain from that kind of interaction in civ for a while.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:04 am

But...the point that I have been trying to make this whole time is that, all of you who are pissed....are complaining about things that are legal for me to do...so in my opinion, your complaints this whole time...have been void.

just saying...try seeing it from my point of view..

I asked the mod to intervene, because you were unjustly calling me a troll...thats why one got involved...I was offended for doing nothing wrong.