Lands of Gordor 2.

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Lands of Gordor 2.

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:26 pm

"I'll keep my eyes peeled for them. If there are no other issues to address, I'll go talk to your mage now." Nightfeather will follow all necessary formalities in excusing himself before heading over to the mage.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:42 am

"I would sooner," Akk says, helping himself to another glass of brandy, and downing a good deal of it, before he finishes his sentence, "build myself a raft and paddle there myself than be stuck on a boat full of your goons, Governor. However, perhaps you have something of value besides imperially marked gold?"

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:49 am

"I would sooner, "build myself a raft and paddle there myself than be stuck on a boat full of your goons, Governor. However, perhaps you have something of value besides imperially marked gold?"
Leims face falls somewhat from being polite to a much harsher glare. " I thought you man of the cloth didn't imbue rosa but we have that as well. I can supply with all you need for weeks of travel. Or I can throw you in the stockades till you change your mind. I have only so much patience for you people, dont test me orc."

Nightfeather heads to the mages place. He's greeted by an olderly grandfather named Hagger who ushers him once Nightfeather tells him why he's here. The man offers you some tea he was making as he pulls out dusty scroll after dusty scroll.
" It's really quite amazing what's here in Gordor. This druidric magic is nothing i've ever seen before." The man pulls out a necklace with a bone tooth on it. " Theirs a little druidric magic in this. The natives have dozens of these each with some small magic ability. It's like magic items grow on trees around here. If this was an arcane item it would 1000s of gold and weeks of research to create and yet the druids make these things with bone and dirt and fire. Simply amazing."
He waves his hand at the scrolls.
" These are the reports from the fifty year old expedition. They saw alot of things. Some even claim they saw the so called "gods" of Gordor. Personally I think a god would have a better place to be that in the dirt of some jungle. Their should lots of good things to look into and please let me know if you find anything interesting in druidric magic. I'm kinda writing thesis on it to send back to wizard guild."

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:51 am

Nightfeather will scan the relics for magic (detect magic, spell like ability) to see if he can determine anything about the relic's magic (and anything else in front of him/ shown to him)
► Show Spoiler
Afterwards he will start reading the scrolls for info. "Well you are obviously far more informed than I am, but I'll see if I can find out anything. My abilities are limited. Though if you could offer me any scrolls or of read magic, comprehend languages, or identify for my journey, I could possibly find out more. I can't guarantee it would be anything worthy of your thesis, but I will share what I find. I will put any materials you can provide to good use"
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:33 am

Akk was seriously debating whether he should actually try not to lose his temper. "Try that, and I will personally see that your entire supply of food is laced with it," he snarls.
Intimidate: 15
Then in a slightly more normal tone addresses Etta, "You, trading-human, what passes for small, portable, and worth something in pissing him off to get it?"

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:56 am

"Use my name when addressing me if you wish a useful response, Mister Ürgeshk. We're to travel together, a little common courtesy will go a long way to making our journey more...comfortable."

Etta's pronunciation of the Orcish name is impeccable.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:29 pm

"Well you are obviously far more informed than I am, but I'll see if I can find out anything. My abilities are limited. Though if you could offer me any scrolls or of read magic, comprehend languages, or identify for my journey, I could possibly find out more. I can't guarantee it would be anything worthy of your thesis, but I will share what I find. I will put any materials you can provide to good use"

" Sadly to be able to make a comprehend languages scroll I need more basic info about the languages itself and their are some many between the tribes. However I can supply two identify scrolls for your journey. I would be grateful if you could bring anything back."

Nightfeather uses detect magic and picks a strange new magic he had not encountered before. Seems this is the druidric magic that the wizard spoke of. He does discern that this charm grants the wearer more powerful attacks. ( 1+ to dmg.)
Their are lots other items that show as magic in this room, mostly wands and scrolls and the wizards robes which has a Abjuration aura.

Meanwhile at the governors home Akk is getting seriously pissed.
"Try that, and I will personally see that your entire supply of food is laced with it,"
The governor doesn't break eye contact and sips his whiskey. Obviously he does not consider your threat valid.
"You, trading-human, what passes for small, portable, and worth something in pissing him off to get it?"
"Use my name when addressing me if you wish a useful response, Mister Ürgeshk. We're to travel together, a little common courtesy will go a long way to making our journey more...comfortable."
" If you want to piss me off and have something of value than here." The governor reaches down and pulls out a drawer and drops a few shining rubies into a bag and dumbs it in front of Akk.
" My personal treasure. A gift from some grateful natives. Small, portable and it hurts me dearly to give them up but If I can protect my men with them than it's worth it. Consider it a advance payment for your services. If you bring me back something worthwhile their will be more."
( The rubies are valued at 100 gold.)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:10 pm

ooc: point of clarification did he give me the charm or just show it to me.

"I will put these to good use. Any other details I should know?" Nightfeather will go through the scrolls searching for any relevant information. In particular he will look through any reports from the expedition that detailed any ventures into the part of the jungle he is about to set out into. Though any info on druid magic will be handled with keen interest.

After discovering what information he can he will join up with the others again.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:47 pm

"I take it," Akk scowls, eyeing the rubies, "I have no choice in the matter. Fine. When do we leave and where do we meet?"