Re: Where Dragons Fear To Tread - Prologue

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:53 pm

► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:31 pm

► Show Spoiler
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:44 pm

Eileen pauses as she notices the group separate in different directions. She closes her eyes for a moment thinking the phrase coordinated action as being the one thing this group needs to develop. She looks at Cassien and pulls the ribbon from her head...she returns to looking normal for her. She motions for them to step out of view of the crowd.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:05 pm

"Ah, yes?" Cassien complied; after a final glance over the crowd he was already looking for a more secluded location.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:59 am

"I think you should take this..." She takes the ribbon out of her hair and then places the hat on Cassien's head. "And go out ahead of us disguised as a local...then I and the drunk elf will leave. Hopefully that will get our Orc to follow us..." She looks over at Kast. I think you and Zacks should go up to the roof and observe the crowd as we leave."

Assuming Cassien doesn't protest this idea, Eileen will speak the words for the hat transforming him into looking like one of the locals, same height but a good deal fatter and the local dress.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:14 am

Spot Check: 15
Listen Check: 13
► Show Spoiler
As the meeting draws to a close and the dragon cousin takes his leave, Zaks began to wake from whatever hell he had been trapped in for the last several minutes. As the Collective withdrew their control over his mind, they also caught him up with what had just happened while at the same time ignoring what had happened that had sent him spiraling out of control. His mind still reeling from everything that had happened and still unable to think clearly, he followed the others of the group as they left the room, oblivious of anything that might be going on.

When Eileen suggests for himself and Kast to take a rooftop advantage point, Zaks just numbly shakes his head slowly up and down to acknowledge his consent.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:49 am

"Can you fly, Little One?", Kast asks quietly, recognizing the signs of Zaks disorientation.

[Wouldn't be the first time that Zaks had to be reigned in by his collective, even if he hadn't shared the nuances of their interaction, I'm assuming Kast would have seen this before... sudden shifts in Zaks behavior and periods of confusion after. If he can't fly, would Zaks be able to climb into the Handy Haversack and keep his head sticking out?]

Kast scampers up the wall of the inn.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:55 am

Zaks grins at the wood elf right before Kast scampers up the side of the building. Drawing on his mental powers, he begins to levitate (PP Cost: 3) gently upwards toward the rooftop. As Kast reaches the rooftop, Zaks floats beside him at roughly shoulder height. "What are we looking for Kast?" he asks as he hangs, oddly suspended in midair.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:32 am

"Look for anyone looking at the others..."

Kast scans the crowd...

1d20+16=35 + FE
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:45 am

Zaks scans the crowd for anyone suspicious looking. (Spot Check: 14)

(question: Is there a higher vantage point in the city (perhaps a nearby building) that would enable either myself or both of us a better view of our target?)

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:53 am

"And then?" Cassien wasn't going to complain, but he wanted to know her full plan first. "Do you intend that we render him...more compliant, once he is a safe distance away, or are you hoping to learn more by his actions?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:48 am

Dalsein, having not noticed anything unusual, follows Elieen and Cassien closely.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:42 pm

"If they are focused on the building, then we are out of range. If they are intrested in me, they should follow me and Dalsein...which means that there will be a point where we'll pick a point and turn on them. I would expect you four to hit them in the rear. If they note me and then go off to report, well we'll need you and Kast to follow them back to where they are reporting. Zacks will inform me and Dalsein that your following them. I suppose if none of those happen and the orc goes in or just hides in the crowd we'll wait and see too." Eileen explains quickly.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Taking however long you wish to and using any means that seem practical, you are eventually left with a certainty that both Lauryn and the half-orc have made good their departure from the premises.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Quinton sighs and floats back to the party."I think something dire is going on."

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:29 am

"I would like to know what is going on," Cassien replied. Of course, now his mind was abuzz with a number of doubts. It could have all been coincidence--the half-orc could have simply been a bystander, or perhaps...

He was never fortunate enough for anything in his life to be a coincidence.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:36 am

Kast scampers as unobtrusively as possible down the side of the inn and rejoins the others outside.

"Can we go now?", he asks, obviously ready to be reunited with Kzri.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:52 am

Zaks floats down the building, following Kast, yet keeping an eye on him lest his grip slip and would suddenly find himself in need of being saved. Refusing to allow his levitation to go to waste, upon reaching the ground and then the group, he continues to hover at about head height.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Once outside, Kast can see the patch of forest where he left Kzri, and he notices that there's an opening broken through the underbrush as though someone roughly human-sized has gone in there.
My long-neglected blog.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Although Dalsein has not noticed anything untoward, the behaviour and comments of the other party members are enough for him to ready his club and stand attentive with the others, he is clever enough to notice apprehension. Thankfully his hardy constitution is working the alcohol off at a steady pace, and he can already feel slightly clearer in the head and more co-ordinated, although to Dalsein he merely thinks either the alcohol was weak or he didn't drink enough.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:26 pm

All concern for keeping a low profile flees from Kast as he notices the disruption to Kzri's hiding place. He dashes towards it, frantically trying to reestablish his link to her.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Sticking with his kin, Stormcrow sprints off after the fleeing Kast without thought, figuring he may need backup wherever he's heading.
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:53 pm

(Remind me of the particulars of your empathic link, Spider...I assumed it would only work in Kzri's presence, that it was just a method of communication rather than a ranged sensor. If you can get awareness of her from here, I should adjust my last post.)
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:22 pm

(The empathic link's range is line of sight... so yes, he'd need to be much closer for it to come on line. Frantic mental scrambling at this point. I think you'd been treating it as LOS needed, but not necessarily making eye contact for it to work, such that as long as they have a clear shot, communication was still possible if one or both have their back turned.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:26 pm

► Show Spoiler

The hat was returned to Eileen. They were out of view of any crowds by now--and Cassien was now far more concerned with figuring out what was going on; he followed Kast's gaze toward the underbrush. Well. that couldn't be good.