The Island: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Island: OOC Thread

Post by Theis2 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:34 am

Did I lack an action to check out the fish skeleton and what looks like plants there?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:57 am

Write will continue to work on Mag tributes, until needed elsewhere.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Nope, I missed it theis, you can do it next turn for free though so it'll go in then.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:41 pm

not sure if silver did drop off the campstone on turn 123 as requested but if he did and kin declears it camp which i thinks needs to be done still. write can port as one action and actually do something else rather than walk.

@thinks -can we declear camp and port to it in the same turn.
example can it but moved by one person first, decleared new camp and have everyone else port right after.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:07 am

Yes that should be fine to set up and move to camp all at once. Silver currently has the campstone in her inventory.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:03 am

I did not see anybody request to drop it off then. Though we were trying to figure out where to build defenses

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:12 am

hrm, why did the update say Kin practiced swimming one last time? Did she get a skill gain in swimming, too?

Also, WAHOO! for skillgain in tailor. Been waiting quite long for that. :cheer:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:24 am

now make me some umbrellas for the cave fungus!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:27 am

You got all these skills, poor old treasure has none, and you're asking for more? I'm beginning to feel left out. Kidding. Congrats though.

In other notes, can write remember to ask during the next dream if Mags is able to activate the shrine's defenses or if we have to do it. (damn GM ambiguity)

(note for some reason rereading what I wrote I sound like a grumpy old man. I swear I'm not.)
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 am

GathersIngredients wrote:hrm, why did the update say Kin practiced swimming one last time? Did she get a skill gain in swimming, too?

Also, WAHOO! for skillgain in tailor. Been waiting quite long for that. :cheer:
one last time before starting on the rope. It's not really the last time she will swim (hopefully!), just a figure of speech.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 am

arch can you pick up a rock for me to carve into a bowl, just in case i dont have time to collect one or more importantly collect the main animate dead components (which i think are in jacks area as you pass back.

umbrella mushrooms... sounds like a local band i once knew.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Don't worry, near the campstone is the biggest bowl.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 am

I think the spell explicitly asks for a stone bowl.
Also, does that mean you'll drop the campstone in the mine screen? Should I have Kin declare camp there?
Because, iirc, goblins couldn't sleep unless there's 3 of them in the same spot, and Treasure still needs to dream. Can't dream if you don't sleep, right? Might be better to try and make camp in the screen with the guano cave, nearby of there is a rock that MIGHT be the last dream stone.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:23 am

Yes. I am.

Also i thought we activated a stone without setting up camp?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:43 am

You're right. In this update there 'just' 3 or more goblins present, but no camp declared. They were able to sleep. (Not sure if they were able to regenerate, though. This update doesn't state.) But since the rules state:
Camps
Camps are simply safe areas where goblins can rest overnight, as designated by the Chief. A minimum of 3 goblins must sleep in the same area to make the camp effective. If only one or two goblins are present, they must keep watch all night instead and will not recover any HP. Camps cannot be set up inside the mine or in any location where an enemy is present. You can only have one camp at any given time (though you are free to change its location whenever you decide).
putting the camp stone there, too, and declaring camp would make things easier. People could move to support Treasure's ability to dream (by enabling him to sleep, in the first place) with one major action (teleport), and they could certainly regenerate over night.

But if there's at least 2 goblins that don't need to regenerate at the end of the day and they are willing (and able to reach in time!) to keep Treasure company, so he can sleep, it will not matter where the camp is. We'll see. It's not like we can't change the location of the camp as fast as we can get the stone from A to B and Kin declaring B the new camp site. :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:28 am

Can Buttons grab that dwarf skeleton there and bring it to the ladder when he gets a chance? Write will keep gathering skulls/heads for display in front of the statue and bones for an altar for now.

I'll have Write ask about the statue but I'm sure it is a small matter to a god ;).

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:11 am

i will see how much I can pick up with a free action, but kind of want to see if playing this flute will do anything. I am concerned about this new dude, especially as he is looking at my stone.

As a separate note, we've used the word create defenses but have not said what they will be, if the mine entrance is going to be our main defense what do we what to set up there. A wall is fine if we have ranged weapons. Pits can be useful but take a long time to make. What else can we do?

Side note idea. the big trench by the ladder could be a hidey hole (make it look like an obvious trap so adventures avoid it when in fact it is a hidey hole we can run to and cover ourselves. letting the enemy pass right by and up to jacks area.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:01 am

Well i can probably get some vines from Jack's vines to make snares.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:33 am

thinkslogically wrote:@rodgeir - Sure, why not. Just assume that you've got all the bones from the skeletons you're collecting. To be honest, as long as your crafting attempts are reasonable within the bounds of what you're working with I'm fine with whatever you want to try. I have no intention of drawing 200+ bones individually though, and unless you specifically state otherwise, I'll generally not bother cluttering your obsidian portal inventories with random stuff that you might not want :)
Okay, thanks! I'm just trying to estimate how many more skeletons Write will need so the altar isn't just a footrest :)! I figure with the longish bones (humerus, femur, tibia, etc.) Write can get about 3 stacked rows per skeleton...

Which of the recently killed adventurers are we turning into a zombie? Cus I want the other heads for the skull monument in front of the mags statue...

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:54 pm

The two from the last battle where kin is swimming.

It might be easiest for someone to the ceremony there so the bodies don't have to be shifted. Plus there will be a fire from the pyre already lit so just need the bowl and the components
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:57 am

Okies, so I think Kin will continue to practice swimming and make the rope longer most likely until she gets the hang of swimming and/or runs out of trousers. Unless someone else wants something else from her?

Uh-oh on the mangled magician. He knows that the stone's energy is bound to Buttons. That was very fast. But you could say any number of things that are all true, but might not leave him any wiser, patdragon.
E.g. "be a goblin", "believe in the Almighty Maglubiyet", "sleep", "dream", "press a button",... :shrug:
Also, you should establish a "quid pro quo" arrangement with him, not just give him answers to his questions while he ignores your questions. (If you're brave enough to risk his anger...)
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:14 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Also there are class levels for us? can i be a ninja assassin then?
Answering this over here because it seems like the place for it :)

There are loose "classes" which are largely determined by your actions through the game and choice of items and everyone except Write can gain levels in different skills as you play. As a result, "classes" are more about how you want to play / develop your character rather than having any particular path set by me (though the stones are a bit of an exception. Sort of.). The only exception to that is Writes, but hopefully her role in things will become clearer in a while. Anyway, if you want Silver to become a Ninja Assassin, the best way to achieve that is to play like one (much like you have been) and continue building the relevant skills to make her whatever character you want her to be.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:27 am

I'm a mason and a bard.....Oh dear i'm a Disney dwarf in disguise! Next up rock music!

As for answering the mage, i was thinking along the same lines as quid pro quo though tempted of using his own line of "Go away noisy creature! I'm busy now." But its not quite what i think Buttons would do. So thinking more along the lines of "I asked you some questions first i think?"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:03 am

Buttons is also slightly poison resistant and a not-particularly competent lock-picker :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:28 pm

We technically don't know how the stones bind to them so I figure most answers are probably reasonable. In any case Write will stay on her path and out of the mage's.