The Island: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: OOC Thread

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am

Also, that's info that should really be figured out in game, but I'm (occasionally) nice

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:22 am

I were a bit busy the last couple of days, and I wondered if I just completely missed if stood slightly hidden in the text somewhere
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:55 am

That's fair - I know I don't always make things totally clear :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:12 am

I'm going to do what I can to get Mag points today. The new guy seems a bit...possessed...but not outright hostile. I should be safish from him. Knock on wood.

I think porting past Jack is a great idea but maybe we should wait until we have the last stone? Probably at that point we need to get serious about spelunking.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:40 am

I'm curious to see how the dog has managed to evade death by Jack. We (or silver the sneaky) might consider following it. Also if it can detect hidden people by smell, he might make a good guard dog if he can be domesticated.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:58 am

Doggie! We need a good name for it. I will take care of it, give it meats, use left over bones for mags, and it will be best doggie, better than it is now, starving.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:38 pm

I'm all for giving the dog some bones. Weren't there some corpses at the ladder we could get it?

It's already got a meal though...

Also, Arch, based on person experience I wouldn't reach into/approach what a dog is eating. They tend to get a little bity.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:54 pm

So what do you suggest for me to do instead to tame doggie?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Not messing with an animal while its eating is a good general RL rule of thumb for dealing with any animal (including me). However giving it more food isn't a bad idea. I think You may be on the right track with feeding it.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Apparently I have an elf leg in my inventory. Which is much better for it than the rotten meat it is currently eating.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:10 pm

So guys do you think i should carry on and follow this new arrival, or try and do something more productive. my instinct is to follow him for now just to keep an eye on him
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:25 pm

I'd say follow him. I mean...it would give us good insight or potential ally.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:15 am

@ GM: there's a leather shirt in the palm tree screen in the last update. Where did that come from?
Also, could Silver wear BOTH the sneak clothes and a leather shirt, or not?

@ Patdragon: I'm not sure if Write did equip the fine leather shirt yet, or not, but it doesn't show up in the update (visually) nor in the obsidian page (Def: still 1). It might be safer if she does slip it on before possibly running into the pissed off monkeys. :stab:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:25 am

Haha! That's treasures sorry from last turn, apparently not deleted when I moved him. Please ignore it, it'll go away soon. Write should have the nice leather sorry in her inventory, because I definitely gave it to her. If she doesn't have it, I'm going to blame obsidian portal this time.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:34 am

should people have red dreqm gems in their inventory too.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:36 am

Yeah you should. Don't worry about those too much though - I know who 's earned them so far and if you want to give them to write or anything just say so. I'll fix that later.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:39 am

Oh, haha! No biggy. I just didn't want any players to leave their armor behind.
And the shirt showed on obsidian portal in Write's inventory, yes, (didn't check whether or not it was equipped in there, too) but not in her Def.

@ Patdragon: Some people should have dream gems in their inventory, but others not. I think Kin passed hers to Write already.
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:36 am

Write has two dream stones, Kin's and Dance's.

I'm pretty sure I had Write equip the armor when she got it.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:41 am

yeah it's equipped in Obsidian Portal already and I fixed the gemstones. After 120-odd turns of Write wearing that yellow dress you'll need to bear with me if I don't remember to put her in armour for the next little bit. I'll try, but it will have zero effect on the actual game mechanics, only the art.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:50 am

I'm fine if Write has the dress on (so long as the armor is under)!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Turn 125:
... okay, now I'm even more worried about the newcomer. And Shackled not being able to leave the stone right now. I think I'll better have Kin stay in this very screen to see that the new arrival won't harm him, when he finds out how exactly the stones are being activated.
@ Patdragon: would you please try to play some music again? That seemed to attract him before, maybe it will soothe him or keep him from investigating further.

Also, I'm not happy that Krig seems to want to burn ALL The available wood on the island. Ah well, at least Kin got a plank in her inventory.
We might want to ask Krig how he and Gruz came to the island in the first place. Maybe they swam. But we don't have that option. I would really like to hold onto that little boat, but I don't think that's negotiable... :( At least not, if we want to keep Krig as an ally.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:32 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Turn 125:
... okay, now I'm even more worried about the newcomer. And Shackled not being able to leave the stone right now. I think I'll better have Kin stay in this very screen to see that the new arrival won't harm him, when he finds out how exactly the stones are being activated.
That's not my only concern. He seems interested in their power. He may look for a way to sever our connections to gain them himself. Or try to activate the magus stone on his own before we can. It might be wise to keep him from interacting with any stones.
@ Patdragon: would you please try to play some music again? That seemed to attract him before, maybe it will soothe him or keep him from investigating further.
If that doesn't work we may want to lure him away. Maybe say that that an entity known as Jack is draining their power or something to that extent. Anything to keep him from directly interacting with the stones.
Also, I'm not happy that Krig seems to want to burn ALL The available wood on the island. Ah well, at least Kin got a plank in her inventory.
We might want to ask Krig how he and Gruz came to the island in the first place. Maybe they swam. But we don't have that option. I would really like to hold onto that little boat, but I don't think that's negotiable... :( At least not, if we want to keep Krig as an ally.
Do we want to keep him as an ally? Don't get me wrong, I like the big tanky meat shield on our side, and he is far more reasonable the Gruz was. But perhaps their is a better use for him, like claiming those that killed Gruz were agents of Jack. And have him rip a path to Jack in his fit of rage, likely dying in the process.

For some reason I keep going round to the idea of sending everyone against Jack. Not that this is a must priority for me (though it is on the list), its just the only way I see to expend Krig or the newcomer in a beneficial fashion. I'd be open to other ideas.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:25 am

I was thinking about trying to play music again as talking seems a waste time after two turns, unless I stop playing a little dumb and try being more free with some information that might wet his appetite. (but not sure what we'd give away).
If this person turns hostile what is the plan of action. We are all scattered about currently and still have no defensive area we have agreed on to defend.

@ thinks can I move and play the flute at the same time? seems reasonable but as movement is an action in itself i'm not sure i can add to it.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:38 am

Yes, you can move and then play the flute. Each turn you get 1 move, 1 major action and 1 minor action. Playing the flute is a major action, so you'll still have a move / minor available to you. You can substitute move / major actions each turn to e.g. move through 2 areas at once or to do 2 things in one area. The only time this doesn't work is in combat - using an attack counts as a major action and will always end your turn immediately.

Speaking is a bit more context-dependent. Speaking to other players is always a free action; speaking to NPCs / enemies varies between a free action (out of combat) and will be anything from a free-major action when you're in combat (e.g. if you try and make a speech mid-battle persuading everyone to just go away, that would be a major; a witty riposte while you stab someone would be free).

FYI, for those of you who have been spending your whole turn doing one thing (e.g. Kin making shirts, or when Buttons was practising his flute), I've been calculating the outcomes based on using 2 major actions to do the activity, so you're not "wasting" actions by only doing one thing. Just in case you were curious :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:47 am

If he wanted to harm buttons he would. I suggest camoflaguing treasure, at the very least.

And i am working to get some defenses. The poor doggie just sidetracted me.