The Island: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: The Island: OOC Thread

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:05 am

Welcome to the game! :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 am

I can't remember exactly what details you guys do and don't know, but if you have specific questions go ahead and ask. If you need a general summary I can do that too, but it probably won't tell you much you don't already know :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:49 am

I see I missed the whole roll call last week, sorry about that. I was in the habit of checking once a week to see if there'd be any posts, but only in the actual game. I assume that since my name didn't come up as a possible bootable player you all just knew I'd be back :).

Anycase, the issues right now seem to be (in order of threat) the ever looming Jack issue, the demon guys with spears and their master, the crazy guy with yellow shoes (who will shortly enough encounter the first two issues) and the wind wizard in the forest with Jack.

After today Write will be out of the game for her dream for an unknown period of time, speaking of which, Burns can you give Write your glowing gemstone?

I'm not sure we had any group plans before the break...

If I missed anything let me know!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:08 am

I thought i already did?? If not i will give her my gemstone.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:09 am

The yellow lizardfolk (gruz? I'll check later) was also down at the beach last time you guys saw him (about 2 days ago I think...) .

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:05 pm

It seems like we have a lot of threats to deal with right now, but fortifications seemed to work out pretty well in the past. What do you guys think if I try to research force-walls to kind of augment the defenses we can build? This should let us deal with enemies like, one at a time where we can gang up on them and pile on ranged damage, or maybe trap one powerful enemy until we wipe out mooks or can bring our own big guns to bear.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Narshe wrote:It seems like we have a lot of threats to deal with right now, but fortifications seemed to work out pretty well in the past. What do you guys think if I try to research force-walls to kind of augment the defenses we can build? This should let us deal with enemies like, one at a time where we can gang up on them and pile on ranged damage, or maybe trap one powerful enemy until we wipe out mooks or can bring our own big guns to bear.
sounds good. I bet the trench and the wall will already help us, but more defensive mechanisms is usually better.

Perhaps we can even turn the chest-bridge into a trap? Or rig it with a fireball?
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:01 pm

You think it is a good idea for me to line the trench with bone spikes or should I build a pitfall trap near the entrance?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:08 pm

I dunno. Spiked trench can hurt both goblins and enemies. E.g. an adventurer shoves one of us into the spiked trench, while we are trying to defend the bridge or something.
But same is true for a pitfall trap.
Maybe you could line the outside of the trench with the pointy bones, so enemies are less likely to try and jump across the trench?
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:20 pm

What if we kind of did both? That is, we could kind of pile some dirt on our side of the trench to make a little wall, with a gap where we have the chest-drawbridge. This way we're protected from falling in, and we'd have some cover to shoot at people from.

If force-walls happen, then maybe we can lay a horizontal wall on top of the trench, trapping bad guys with spikes and/or a fireball... >_<

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:05 pm

Your spell is for a magic, personal shield.you may be able to modify it a bit but don't get your hope up too much. Your best bet is to find other magic scrolls or tomes.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Ah, I see... Fair enough, I'll change my action to research something more sensible then!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:56 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I thought i already did?? If not i will give her my gemstone.
I actually thought you did too but I went through and searched and I don't see that it ever actually happened. I may be wrong but it still shows up in Silver's inventory, for whatever that is worth. I'll run Write by Silver (haha) to snag it and hand over some bones.

And who has the pickaxe?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:59 pm

I made the exchange in your inventories last turn, so Write now has all 5 gemstones and Silver has none.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Excellent. My master plan of making a killer necklace is coming together.

Also, poor Krig. We should burn him and eat him, he'd have done it for us.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Hah! Yes, I think he probably would appreciate that a great deal :D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:48 am

thinkslogically wrote:What, you mean you want me to UPDATE your inventories when you do stuff? God damn you guys are demanding!
I'm so sorry.. I'll go hide in the corner and never mention anything again! :(
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:40 am

thinkslogically wrote:Your spell is for a magic, personal shield.you may be able to modify it a bit but don't get your hope up too much. Your best bet is to find other magic scrolls or tomes.

Hrm, wait a minute. Maybe you could modify it so it's a personal shield for ONE enemy, but one that stops them from moving e.g. past the trench?
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Worth a shot, but I'm thinking about delaying that decision. We know enough to make an elemental shield if we need, which might be handy against the two spellcasters of unknown potential and intention (crazy guy and bald guy).

For the purpose of exploring the cave, would the illusion of a light source count as a light source - like are they made out of magic light and sound, or are they caused by manipulating the minds of folks around you to make them hallucinate?

What is the nature of reality?! What is truth? Can we truly believe anything?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:43 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Still waiting on gathers and burns to post
And me too, right? I am starting to get suspicious now that I'm being overlooked...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Sorry I just looked for avatars, so if you posted ANYTHING I'd have counted it. I haven't slept much lately, so you can blame that!

Or I just missed you... Sorry! I would have noticed before updating!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:52 am

No worries :), my fault for not having an avatar after five years. I will correct it.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:18 pm

So is that a bridge or a rope across the chasm in the cave here. I have no memory...

If it is a rope I was thinking about pushing the chest over closer, gluing it to the ground and putting some rocks and other heavy stuff in it and tying the rope around it. If it is a bridge...well it would be a bit pointless.

Also that is probably the owner of the dirigible, a known jerk. Seems he has run out of minions.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:04 pm

It's a rope i threw across

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:52 pm

The rope should hold your weight to cross. Silver did a good job on the skills check