The Island: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Re: The Island: OOC Thread

Post by Narshe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Thinks, quick question about the fireball/ray spells? Can these spells be used to empower other things, i.e., can I channel the fireball spell through my warhammer-shaft, or do they only work with the mage staff? If they can be cast on other things, are they mutually exclusive - for instance, could I empower Write's staff with the ray thing and my hammer with fireball?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:39 pm

I've kind of forgotten, but I'm 99% sure they were designed to be used on their own, not in conjunction with another weapon or anything. I'll check for you for tomorrow.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:35 am

Just a few reminder as night is approaching
1. If we want Writes to dream there needs to be enough goblins in the area to keep the camp safe.
2.If write dreams it might be a long one so we wanted a safe place for over 20 turns as we might not be able to move him. Maybe inside the mine? Can't remember if we can get sleep in the mine?
3. We cannot teleport from within the mine, if that was your plan.
4. My initial plan for the morrow is to explore more of the island so i'd like to stay down on the beach.

As for Silver pet dog... I'm not sure you're going to get it to teleport Arch do to
Silver decides to try teleporting her pup back, even though that wasn't going to work the last time she wanted to try it because the dog can't use the stone...
Additional there should be some golden cubes at the mine entrance that fit into the torches/mine helmet that must produce light some how... I think maybe trying to set one on fire might be worth an experiment.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:13 am

Those glowy-stone things, I think they had what looked like flints in them? Maybe just bang a couple together and see if they spark? :-) Also those torch-things have slots for those stones iirc - maybe if you stick one in the slot, it magically lights up? When all else fails, try fire I guess. :-)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:38 pm

I think if Write falls asleep at the entrance of the cave you cave probably drag her into the cave. I am wondering if putting her in the chest in the entrance of the cave would be a reasonable place? The vines probably would try to eat her if she just lays there but there doesn't seem to be much else aggressive there.

Also the balloon lord is a bit slow... Feed him bad info.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:21 pm

Hiding in the cave seems like a good idea! We know the plants are afraid of fire, so given some preparation (and maybe a bit of poop), we could probably manage to keep the vines off Write.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Actually, I was thinking after getting Deathbringer to the camp site, I will make a makeshift water skin and get salt water to use on the vines

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:19 am

Are you also changing his name? Fine if you are, I just wanted to make sure I'm calling him the right one

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Hey, do we know whether the leather book that Write has is a spellbook?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:42 am

I dunno, sorry.
But erm, could you maybe have Write leave the staff that casts magic missile next to you, so people can pick it up if they want a ranged option?

And Burns, can Silver please pass the teleport stone back to Kin asap, I feel so naked without it.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:55 am

Wasn't the book just a journal? I got it with the body...

I'll have Write put out her stuff/make it available for the taking.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:58 am

Yep, i only think we had journals and notes, nothing magical other than the shield spell has been discovered so far.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:05 am

Write is now hiding under an upturned chest dead body but I think she should be moveable since the stones causing her dream on in her pockets.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Huhhhhhh.... Soooooo it turns out yesterday was not Tuesday and today is not Wednesday and I have apparently misplaced a day this week! Sorry folks. I'll update tomorrow to keep us on track.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:36 pm

Rodgeir wrote:Write is pleased that an aspect of each of her clan's members, living and dead, that possessed a stone is traveling with her to help her. She feels a brief desire to draw them all together and invoke...a captain...of the planet... but shakes her head clear of the sacrilegious thought and focuses on the black monster thing.
In case you haven't seen it, this is my favourite-ever captain planet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:29 pm

I had not seen it and it is now my favorite.

:lol:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:45 pm

thanks for sharing, but that's not my cup of tea. Neither is the original series, mind you.
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Aaah, that brings back memories.

That show had a surprising amount of star power - Meg Ryan, Sting, and Geordi LaForge were all on it IIRC.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:12 am

Narshe wrote:Aaah, that brings back memories.

That show had a surprising amount of star power - Meg Ryan, Sting, and Geordi LaForge were all on it IIRC.
Poor Levar Burton, forever Geordi. Reading Rainbow! I hear he did a show called Roots...probably about gardening or something.

I really disliked Captain Planet too, but my options were extremely limited at the time. It was between the Regis Philbin morning show or some loud guy trying to sell the greatest blender EVER or the Captain.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:24 pm

@arch now you have a fire going see if the yellow cubes ignite from it as i don't think we tried that, if we can get the cubes to work for the helmet we can explore the mine more...though I have a feeling the forest will require action this day.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:11 am

Is that zombie next to stumpy the human body we dumped into the swamp, or could it be the silly wizard that walked to talk to Jack, brought to un-life?
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:13 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Is that zombie next to stumpy the human body we dumped into the swamp, or could it be the silly wizard that walked to talk to Jack, brought to un-life?
I'm pretty sure it's the wizard who went to talk to Jack,
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:37 am

well, sh*t.
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:00 am

During my combing of the posts last night the messenger implied that his going to the Jack side was going to be bad news. Maybe there is a way to break him out? He seems to be intact and his eyes look all brain controlled...or dead.

Also the fat fuel source Write made should be ready and could potentially be used to coat attackers in fire and or could be used to make flaming arrows.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:33 am

So the forum was down when I was getting to update yesterday. If I have time I'll try and update tonight, but it'll probably be Wed.