The Island: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: OOC Thread

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:28 pm

All right everyone, my husband is coming to Florida tomorrow and since I haven't seen him in 2 months I'm putting us on hiatus for 10 days until he goes home again. We should be back on the normal update schedule on Mon 18th April :)

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:32 pm

Yaaaaay! Y'all both have fun!

p.s. I know we have time until the next update, but would we be able to wield that giant axe if multiple goblins helped together, and how much damage would it do?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:59 am

Uh...no dream sequence? Did I miss something?

Have fun!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Nope, I just noticed that it's missing too... Sorry! Will update that when I get a chance :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:00 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Nope, I just noticed that it's missing too... Sorry! Will update that when I get a chance :)
No worries I was just worried I'd died between posts!

Enjoy the time with your husband! ;)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:01 am

Writes dream is now up in the post.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:26 am

Maybe it is a good time to use the fat ball to make sticky fire?

Also Write had a sea-water wet shirt in her inventory that may cause some damage if thrown on one of the trees.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:26 pm

Sorry Gathers, my bad for not knowing how the spells work with the staff... I'm hoping we can bluff the stupid trees into leaving us alone until you're back, Rodg, plus if you beat your adventure, you'll probably come back with some cool powers too. That wizard packs a wallop and I don't even know if he took any damage from being hit by Shackled, who's the most powerful of us rn.

Maybe I should have spent my time practicing fibbing instead of arrows - I was almost sure the tieflings would attack us next, since we got to meet the fat mustache guy who seems to be their boss. My plan actually was to use those numbing leaves to create a paralysis poison, dip the arrows in that and smear some on the stakes, so that way most of them would be frozen and we can cut them down one at a time. :lol:

Right now, Idk? Slow the trees down enough to let the fires kill them while staying alive?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:33 am

np, Narshe, atm Kin got some ammunition. And hurling the projectiles of the enemies back at them is pretty bada**, if you ask me, so I'm very pleased Kin gets the chance to do that.
It's just that we built the trench and the wall to be able to deal with enemies from a distance, so every goblin should get a ranged option, if possible. You improving the wand would be great, if we live through this, you totall should look into that.

It would be nice if we could get tieflings and tree people to fight each other. I mean the tieflings clearly want to get INTO the mine and the tree people don't want ANYone to get into the mine. Maybe you should tell the tree people about the tieflings, and that we prepared this area to better withstand against THEM? That is true. And you're already telling them we're here to defend the mine, but you might as well tell the trees against WHO.

@ fat ball: I tried to have Kin snatch it up (it was sitting in the sun to dry, iirc), but she didn't have time last turn, and now it's on the other side of the wall & trench.
@ cloak: thanks, but I don't want to give them the means to dowse the fire.

@ all: let me know when you want me to trigger Kin's battle call. I don't think it's too great idea this turn, because a) the bluff might work and b) Treasure isn't attacking this turn, anyways. Since Kin doesn't get to attack in the round she does the battle call, and it lasts 2 turns I'd like to make it count as much as possible by at least ensuring that the rest of you is attacking.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:57 am

Yea unfortunally I don't have any ranged nless you count the pitiful darts i made, and I have no chance of sneaking now, unless i can hide behind the illusion to sneak attack but i am afraid that i may break the illusion by doing so. Hopefully i fan pick up the helment that is on fire and throw fire on them, otherwise I don't know....

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:14 am

Hey that's a good idea, Arch, maybe we can try that next turn... There's a lot of stuff on fire already, so if I make an illusion of more smoke, it should blend in with what's already there... Then you can enter sneak mode. Given both of us are alive next turn though :-)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:51 am

Having some minor RL drama to deal with, so today will be a skip day I'm afraid! We'll resume normal service on Monday.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:18 am

I hope it's something relatively minor drama you're dealing with and it have an easy and smooth resolution, but take the time you need :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Ach it's fine... My mum suddenly got cold feet about looking after our dog while we're in the states and it just needed some smoothing over. I think things are ok now though, it just needed some attention this morning :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:42 am

Buttons: HP: 5/5
Kin: HP: 5/6
Shackled: HP: 1/5 (I don't think that's accurate, because he was at 1 BEFORE I healed him for 2 points)
Silver: HP: 4/5
Treasures: HP: 3/5
Write: HP: 2/5 (also currently in dream world)
Write should also be at full HP since she slept on night 9 after having eaten a full meal and hasn't fought anyone after that point. Not sure it matters in the dream world though.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Wow, that's a good spot! Sorry Rodgeir, I'll get that updated in your stats.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:48 am

thinkslogically wrote:Wow, that's a good spot! Sorry Rodgeir, I'll get that updated in your stats.
You were planning on one hitting Write weren't you ;)

Gathers, I think you're right in thinking the little sprite is in charge. Probably should be a priority target once the weather wizard is down so it can't coordinate the attacks.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:30 am

Since I apparently failed to post my tactic last time, I'll try again.

I could continue to run into the mine with the sprite while you hold off the other tree guys so we could take him captive. We wouldn't need to heal me then if the others can't follow me
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun May 01, 2016 5:42 am

erm yeah. How are we supposed to guarantee that they don't follow you? If you run inside, so will most likely they. So I'll heal you (as long as I can) and not take any chances.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:36 am

I would suspect you can try to block them from following me as an action. I think they only have 2 ATT each or that Thinks have been a benevolent god that reduced the total ATT a bit (or my defence increased from loosing 1 hp) so if you block half of the creatures, I shouldn't take any further damage nor would you take any if you have just a bit of armor

But yeah, it's a stupid idea if blocking their path to me can't be done
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 01, 2016 7:38 am

Anything sensible is possible :)

Also shackleds def went up by 1 as well as his att.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:05 pm

I would suggest that treasure and kin try to grapple and hinder two of the big ones so they can't get to me and Silver could attack one of the small ones past the wall and try to take it out. If succesful, one big one and one small one would go after me which would I get attacked with 4 ATT (big ones have 3 ATT and small ones have 1 ATT) vs my 6 DEF
I know this would leave us with not really attacking besides my attack against them in the mine and silvers attack but we shouldn't lose health either

I would like to try keep the sprite alive as we might question him afterwards and Shackled would like to see if he can perhaps remove the corruption from them.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:04 pm

I thought I only lost 1 hp every other round and there wasn't any mention of my body loosing 1 hp last round if I'm not mistaken.

Only mention I can see was in update 205 where it was healed back again (which should leave me at 3 hp still?)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Right, he didn't lose any last turn (206) so he was due to lose 1hp this turn. I did look back through the updates to see if you'd been healed after you got attacked by the tree guys and I didn't see anything but I'll check again. Who was meant to heal you?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:09 pm

The rain since I'm half a dryad
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked