Festival of Fools

Home to all current Forum Games.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Festival of Fools

Post by WearsHats » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:23 pm

We tend the forest. Raise food. Keep the herds in balance. Fend off monstrous intruders. And we work together to keep life moving. My mother is a ranger. She looks out for the health and safety of the forest as a whole. My father, like me, is a cleric. He worships Ehlonna, tends to her temple and its garden, and works magic in her name.

But we are a small village, and such cannot occupy all their working hours. Mother makes her own arrows, but she also contributes to the common stockpile. Father makes clothes for our family, and for anyone in the village who needs the skilled tailoring he can provide. In return, our neighbors contribute their own skills - carpentry, smithing, baking, and so on. We rarely bother with money. We know that favors, large and small, will eventually be paid back, and that all are working for the common good. If you're after an especial treat or a large favor, something in trade works as well as a coin. I paid for this sword with a chicken. I paid for my leather armor by spending an afternoon helping the tanner stretch hides.

Outside of work? We dance under the stars. Make music. Play games. Tell stories. Make art. Find lovers. I haven't seen much of the world yet, but I suspect that much is the same just about anywhere, is it not?

How is it where you come from?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:37 am

Mike smiles and seems to just accurately able to hold his laughter back.
That seems.. idyllic. I come from a large city with primarely wizards ruling the city. Money and magical items like wands, scrolls and staffs were the currency of that city. And if you weren't able to make that or acquire it in another way.. Let's just say filth were highly likely to have a better life than yourself.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:34 am

Kent lets out a low growl, and quickly shakes his head and apologizes
My apologies Mike. I have spent the last 5 years in bonded service for my lord, primarily handling vagrants and filth. I owe him my sole loyalty, and in return he has given me a life and provides for my family back home. He paid especially to have my mentor teach me in the ways of sword and oath. I am here simply on a mandated year of travel to finish my tutelage under my arms master, and as ordered by my lord. I'm supposed to learn to how cope with the difficulties of the world whilst maintaining the oath I have made. Kent passively has the teddy bear in his hands Though leaving my family for a year seems much harder than keeping my oath at the moment. Have either of you left families behind? Kent is obviously not a brilliant man, but charismatic and honest one and the look of sadness on his face is just as honest.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:31 am

Indeed, I have left behind my family, my friends, and everyone I have ever known. But I did so by choice, to broaden my horizons. For me, it is a joyous thing. But it was my choice, and I know that I am more than welcome to return home whenever I wish. I do miss them, but I keep them in my heart. And novelties, wonders, and adventures make the journey more sweet than bitter.

What you describe is a different thing. It is not your choice, and you cannot return home. Even so, a year is not so long. I waited ten after my hundredth birthday before starting my travels. Make the most of this time. See the wonders this city and the wider world have to offer. The farmers I have met envied me my freedom and mobility. They are tied to the land, and rarely see anything or anyone they have not seen day after day and year after year.

It is true, I spent my childhood in much the same way, but that is why I am taking this journey. A year away hardly seems enough to me.

If you must do this thing, then, I sat again: make the most of it. To me, it is joy. To you, it is sorrow. But it is your choice how to see it and what to make of it. I advise you to choose joy.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:36 pm

"I have an idea gnome" Flacks says with a grin on his face "Why don't I toss you high into the air so you can see if there is any danger!"

Flacks isn't purposely trying to be rude he just dislikes company having been a loner for so long.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:53 pm

"I am not doubting your strength, but no thank you." Zandrax says with a quick smile "I am not a cat that can gracefully land on it's feet." Zandrax smiles at flacks for moment before continuing. "For small persons such as myself, I've always found that keeping my eyes open allows me to not be caught unawares."

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:10 pm

► Show Spoiler
Flacks chuckles a bit. "I've never much liked cities due to that point. Much prefer the open countryside where it is easier to watch my back."
My Kickstarter

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:43 am

Oh I did leave family behind. Not that I really mind doing that with what I had to deal.. Long story short I came here for the opportunities I might find in this city. We might even be able to help each other out by finding said opportunities and share them.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 am

Kent sighs and returns the bear back to his pack. Well not much for it I guess. Best to just make the time pass as quickly as possible. Now where is that drink....
Games:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:41 am

"Well Zandrax I'm pretty good at staying out of trouble, and I can get out of trouble myself.ÔÇØ Flacks then looks at the little gnome and considered his company. "But if you wish to accompany me I guess I can't stop you."

ÔÇ£My thanks to you Sir Flacks, I always felt that two were better than one.ÔÇØ Zandrax ÔÇÿsensesÔÇÖ what may be danger ahead and slowly eases out his sling and readies a bullet in it. Zandrax holds the sling low so that it remains out of sight. He leans over and whispers to Flacks "Keep your eye open, this seems like it may be a dangerous part of town."
"I have an idea gnome" Flacks says with a grin on his face "Why don't I toss you high into the air so you can see if there is any danger!"

"I am not doubting your strength, but no thank you." Zandrax says with a quick smile "I am not a cat that can gracefully land on it's feet." Zandrax smiles at Flacks for a moment before continuing. "For small persons such as myself, I've always found that keeping my eyes open allows me to not be caught unawares."

Flacks chuckles a bit. "I've never much liked cities due to that point. Much prefer the open countryside where it is easier to watch my back."

The two, no matter how long theyÔÇÖve waited and continued down the street, see nothing to validate ZandraxÔÇÖs sense of danger. The only person they see is an old woman arranging a flower in her window. Having gotten to the end of the street, they see that the street actually does end in a wall; itÔÇÖs a very high stone wall that is clearly the Town Wall that surrounds part of the city.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, back at the Stage Hand, Mike, Kent, and Calendil are getting acquainted. There arenÔÇÖt many other patrons in the bar, although a few others trickle in, in small groups who all seem to know each other. It becomes clear that the Stage Hand is a local tavern used by the performers, as they give a variety of strange and quizzical looks at them as they take their seats. It only takes a few of these small groups to come inside before the noise level goes way up, and the tavernÔÇÖs normal liveliness shines through. This occurs across half an hour, while the men chat and drink.

ÔÇ£Thanks Rosie, I'll try to help him when I can.ÔÇØ Mike smiles while continuing. ÔÇ£Hector doesn't sound too reliable if he tend to just disappear.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Oh, heÔÇÖs is very reliable! He takes a trope out for a yearÔÇÖs tour sometimes, or sometimes he goes and travels on his own. Others can run the Festival of Fools, but Hector tends to be the best.ÔÇØ

Seeing Calendil and Kent arriving to the Stage Hand he turns towards them.
ÔÇ£Oh Rosie, please make that two more on my bill, it seems like we have some fellow victims of Hector and the hypnotist on the stage.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£YouÔÇÖll have to pay for these ones, you know! Only the one for you was on the house, on account of Lyle!ÔÇØ Rosie says as she quickly takes the orders of the new arrivals. After this, Rosie is primarily too busy with the arriving performers, and canÔÇÖt afford much time for chat.

Kent nods to Mike and makes a socially awkward wave and smile to Rosie before grabbing a seat near Mike."I don't usually like to drink, but heck. The wife won't catch me after all..." A brisk, sad expression crosses his eyes as he thinks about an entire year without his wife. Quickly that's followed by his eyes widening and his head popping up "Wait... the wife won't care at all if I drink this early, or if I kick my boots off without cleaning them, or if I eat like a..." Despite his excitement at being able to loosen up without fear of reprimand by his other half, he quickly remembers where he is and his cheeks flush a little bit.

ÔÇ£Please do relax here, no one will be telling your wife of your deeds in this town. And you can call me Mike.ÔÇØ
Mike smiles offering Kent a handshake while continuing.

"I don't think we have been properly met. My name is Kenneth Locke- but a free drink makes me Kent for you" he says cheerily.

ÔÇ£Are you enjoying the city so far?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I wasn't sure what kind of evening this would become, but so far the company seems most generous." Kent says, sporting a big shit-eating grin as he thinks of all the things he has a year to do before being back in the domestic life.

Calendil walks up and joins the other two, having overheard the last bit of their conversation as he walked up to them."Well met again. I don't believe I introduced myself to you before. I am Calendil. And yes, I am enjoying the city immensely. I've been here but a few hours, and already I've seen wonders such as I've never seen in my life. Why, just being charmed was... well, charming. I can't wait to find out what else this city has in store! And what of you? How are you liking it?"

ÔÇ£I didn't know what this city would bring, but I guessed I might as well get to know the few strangers that have experienced the same as me in this city.ÔÇØ Mike shifts his focus towards Calendil and offer him a chair next to his.ÔÇ£Please have a seat while we wait for the others and Hector. To be honest I found the hypnotist slightly troublesome if it indeed was without using magic. But besides that, the city has treated me well and I might even know someone that could help us find anything of interest if you plan to stay for a while.ÔÇØ Mike says while waving his hand to dismiss the subject. ÔÇ£But enough about what I've been doing here so far. Why are you two at the festival?ÔÇØ

"As you can see, I am a young Wood Elf. I have spent my life thus far living in a small, remote village in the forest. It has been pleasant, but I wanted to experience the wider world. To see other cultures. To learn. To have fun. So I left the only home I have ever known and set forth upon the road. Many miles back, I enjoyed the hospitality of a farmer. I helped him with his crop. And he, hearing that I wished to see the marvels of the civilized world, told me to come to this city. Happily, I arrived for the festival. A fine stroke of luck, I must admit. I should perhaps stop by the temple district to thank Tymora."

ÔÇ£What did you do in the forest? I really can't imagine a life outside the city, nor a life without magic all over the place. I guess we both are trying something new here.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£We tend the forest. Raise food. Keep the herds in balance. Fend off monstrous intruders. And we work together to keep life moving. My mother is a ranger. She looks out for the health and safety of the forest as a whole. My father, like me, is a cleric. He worships Ehlonna, tends to her temple and its garden, and works magic in her name.

But we are a small village, and such cannot occupy all their working hours. Mother makes her own arrows, but she also contributes to the common stockpile. Father makes clothes for our family, and for anyone in the village who needs the skilled tailoring he can provide. In return, our neighbors contribute their own skills - carpentry, smithing, baking, and so on. We rarely bother with money. We know that favors, large and small, will eventually be paid back, and that all are working for the common good. If you're after an especial treat or a large favor, something in trade works as well as a coin. I paid for this sword with a chicken. I paid for my leather armor by spending an afternoon helping the tanner stretch hides.

Outside of work? We dance under the stars. Make music. Play games. Tell stories. Make art. Find lovers. I haven't seen much of the world yet, but I suspect that much is the same just about anywhere, is it not?

How is it where you come from?ÔÇØ

Mike smiles and seems to only just be able to hold his laughter back.
ÔÇ£That seems.. idyllic. I come from a large city with primarily wizards ruling the city. Money and magical items like wands, scrolls and staffs were the currency of that city. And if you weren't able to make that or acquire it in another way.. Let's just say filth were highly likely to have a better life than yourself.ÔÇØ

Kent lets out a low growl, and quickly shakes his head and apologizes
ÔÇ£My apologies Mike. I have spent the last 5 years in bonded service for my lord, primarily handling vagrants and filth. I owe him my sole loyalty, and in return he has given me a life and provides for my family back home. He paid especially to have my mentor teach me in the ways of sword and oath. I am here simply on a mandated year of travel to finish my tutelage under my arms master, and as ordered by my lord. I'm supposed to learn to how cope with the difficulties of the world whilst maintaining the oath I have made. ÔÇ£ Kent passively has the teddy bear in his hands ÔÇ£Though leaving my family for a year seems much harder than keeping my oath at the moment. Have either of you left families behind?ÔÇØ Kent is obviously not a brilliant man, but charismatic and honest one and the look of sadness on his face is just as honest.

ÔÇ£Indeed, I have left behind my family, my friends, and everyone I have ever known. But I did so by choice, to broaden my horizons. For me, it is a joyous thing. But it was my choice, and I know that I am more than welcome to return home whenever I wish. I do miss them, but I keep them in my heart. And novelties, wonders, and adventures make the journey more sweet than bitter.

What you describe is a different thing. It is not your choice, and you cannot return home. Even so, a year is not so long. I waited ten after my hundredth birthday before starting my travels. Make the most of this time. See the wonders this city and the wider world have to offer. The farmers I have met envied me my freedom and mobility. They are tied to the land, and rarely see anything or anyone they have not seen day after day and year after year.

It is true, I spent my childhood in much the same way, but that is why I am taking this journey. A year away hardly seems enough to me.

If you must do this thing, then, I sat again: make the most of it. To me, it is joy. To you, it is sorrow. But it is your choice how to see it and what to make of it. I advise you to choose joy.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Oh I did leave family behind. Not that I really mind doing that with what I had to deal.. Long story short I came here for the opportunities I might find in this city. We might even be able to help each other out by finding said opportunities and share them.ÔÇØ

Kent sighs and returns the bear back to his pack. ÔÇ£Well not much for it I guess. Best to just make the time pass as quickly as possible. ÔÇ£

By this point, Rosie has came by and refilled their drinks. The locals are mostly ignoring the tourists, although thereÔÇÖs the occasional snicker that seems to be directed to the table. While Rosie puts the new drinks in front of the men, the door opens and they hear a few of the performers shout out HectorÔÇÖs name.

Mike is the first to turn and notice Hector, who has burst into the Stage Hand looking rather flustered. He quickly scans the room as if looking for someone, and totally ignores the tourists. ÔÇ£Ilsa? Has anyone seen her? SheÔÇÖs late! She is supposed to be practicing, and she is no where near the stage.ÔÇØ

As the performers each call out answers in the negative, Hector spots the tourists and comes to take a seat. Ah, three of you came! Ill pay for this round, but I dont have the time to stay for a chat! I forgot all about you, actually he says, pulling a chair to their table. Rosie quickly brings him a pint filled with cider, and scurries back behind the bar where she listens to the conversation. Truth be told, one of my performers is missing. She was recommended to me by Maeloraed, but I hadnt met her yet. Makes it rather hard, looking for someone when you dont know what they look like. 

Here, Hector pauses long enough to take a large gulp of his cider, but doesnt really wait for any responses. Actuallythe three of you might actually be useful. Would you mind looking for her for me? Ive got rather a lot to do, and I need my performers to be practicing their acts for tonight. I would ask the other performers but its a busy time of year for them, and I cant really ask them to give up their free time as they get so little of it!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:59 am

Zandrax notices the woman, stashes his sling and says "Hello beautiful lady, I wonder if we might ask directions to the stage hand." Whilst speaking Zandrax bows so low that the feather in his cap nearly touches the ground.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:43 am

Do you know anything of this woman other than her name? I'm happy to wander the city - I was planning to do so anyway - but it seems you're sending us to search for a twig in a pile of leaves.

► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:14 am

"Her full name's Ilsa Charmin. She's a human, not too old. Beyond that... I don't know what she looks like. Maeloraed knows though, you remember him? He was the Hypnotist. Should be able to find him in his dressing room at the Royal Festival Hall - you probably have seen it already, it's a large red building in the Performance District, but you can see it from the Circle along Northwest Drive," Hector says, eyeing the innocent-looking Elf up. "I meant to go see Maeloraed myself.... but coming here is usually more efficient. I'll stay around here and catch the other performers who come in to see if they've seen her. I never should have hired a young human without having met her first!" he says in frustration, taking another large gulp of his drink.
--------------------

The old woman jumps as Zandrax calls to her, and turns around to see him putting the weapon away. "Oh! What are you doing here! Don't startled an old woman like that! You've gone clear past the Performance District, didn't you notice the crowd going away? Turn around and head back towards the Circle. You'll want to turn left eventually, but I can't remember the name of the street... well really, you could turn left anywhere, and you'll eventually hit Bard Drive. The Stage Hand is somewhere off there, down some side street... me, I don't drink anymore, and dont know where exactly it is.."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:53 am

At the woman's response Zandrax takes a look at Flacks, Smiles a lop-sided grin and then turns to the woman. Bowing low again he smoothly says "Madam you have surely blessed me with presence and your help." At this, Zandrax kisses his hand and blows it at the woman. He then turns aside and heads back into town.

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Slightly annoyed by Zandrax's behavior Flacks makes sure to increase his pace so that if he wishes to keep up he'll have to run.
My Kickstarter

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:28 pm

The hypnotist? Calendil frowns. He's not happy with the man who inflicted pain on him for amusement. It was a novelty, part of the show, and part of a culture he knows he doesn't understand, but cruelty does not sit well with him. Having someone as respectable as the chief cleric of Tymora warn him away tells him that maybe such cruelty didn't have to be part of the show. But she said something else, too... What of Lynthian? Would she know of this human?
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:03 am

I wouldn't mind helping, but I promised someone I'd stay here till he comes back. But I'll be happy to help once I sort things out with him.
But what kind of performance were she supposed to make? Perhaps somebody might be able to replace her in case she can't be found.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 am

Zandrax hurries to catch up with Flacks, looking around to make sure they don't lose their way again.

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:29 am

Kent quickly nods in the affirmative to Hector.
You're in luck. This would not be the first time I have had to ascertain the whereabouts of a missing contracted entertainer. Most like she has found a young gentleman that she is found of and neglecting her duties to her employer. I am happy - and suited to assist you in this matter. Kent turns to Calendil Sounds like a good starting place. That hypnotist seemed a little to prideful for me. That woman working with him would be able to assist us much the same if not better and with less headache at that, haHA!
Games:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:27 am

Zandrax notices the woman, stashes his sling and says "Hello beautiful lady, I wonder if we might ask directions to the Stage Hand." Whilst speaking Zandrax bows so low that the feather in his cap nearly touches the ground.

The old woman jumps as Zandrax calls to her, and turns around to see him putting the weapon away. "Oh! What are you doing here! Don't startle an old woman like that! You've gone clear past the Performance District, didn't you notice the crowd going away? Turn around and head back towards the Circle. You'll want to turn left eventually, but I can't remember the name of the street... well really, you could turn left anywhere, and you'll eventually hit Bard Drive. The Stage Hand is somewhere off there, down some side street... me, I don't drink anymore, and donÔÇÖt know where exactly it is.."

At the woman's response Zandrax takes a look at Flacks, smiles a lop-sided grin and then turns to the woman. Bowing low again he smoothly says "Madam you have surely blessed me with your presence and your help." At this, Zandrax kisses his hand and blows it at the woman. He then turns aside and heads back into town.

Zandrax turns his back too soon on the old woman, and doesnÔÇÖt notice her make a disgusted face. She huffs in scorn and turns back to her flowers.

Flacks, however, notices the womanÔÇÖs disgust. Slightly annoyed by Zandrax's behavior Flacks makes sure to increase his pace so that if he wishes to keep up he'll have to run.

Zandrax hurries to catch up with Flacks, looking around to make sure they don't lose their way again. Unable to keep pace with the fleeing Elf, Zandrax finds that he has lost sight of Flacks as he re-enters the crowded part of the street. It must be the Performance District, and he scans the crowd looking for Flacks again.

Someone else notices Zandrax. The man, whom Zandrax immediately recognizes as a member of the City Guard due to his orange cloak, approaches him instead. ÔÇ£You look as if you are trying to find something,ÔÇØ the man says. Zandrax looks up at the man and notices the Insignia worn over his chest; it is a Shield with three coins and a feather on it. The man is most definitely a member of the City Guard, although Zandrax canÔÇÖt recall seeing others with a large orange plumed feather sticking out of the helmet.

Flacks is too far ahead to notice any of that happening, and seems to just be rushing aimlessly through the crowd.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ÔÇ£Do you know anything of this woman other than her name? I'm happy to wander the city - I was planning to do so anyway - but it seems you're sending us to search for a twig in a pile of leaves,ÔÇØ Calendil protests back at the Stage Hand.

"Her full name's Ilsa Charmin. She's a human, not too old. Beyond that... I don't know what she looks like. Maeloraed knows though, you remember him? He was the Hypnotist. Should be able to find him in his dressing room at the Royal Festival Hall - you probably have seen it already, it's a large red building in the Performance District, but you can see it from the Circle along Northwest Drive," Hector says, eyeing the innocent-looking Elf up. "I meant to go see Maeloraed myself.... but coming here is usually more efficient. I'll stay around here and catch the other performers who come in to see if they've seen her. I never should have hired a young human without having met her first!" he says in frustration, taking another large gulp of his drink.

ÔÇ£The hypnotist?ÔÇØ Calendil frowns. He's not happy with the man who inflicted pain on him for amusement. It was a novelty, part of the show, and part of a culture he knows he doesn't understand, but cruelty does not sit well with him. Having someone as respectable as the chief cleric of Tymora warn him away tells him that maybe such cruelty didn't have to be part of the show. But she said something else, too... ÔÇ£What of Lynthian? Would she know of this human?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£She would likely know as much as Maeloraed, they are married after all. But I suppose you wouldnÔÇÖt know that!ÔÇØ Hector says with a chuckle. ÔÇ£They sure are quite the pair!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I wouldn't mind helping, but I promised someone I'd stay here till he comes back. But I'll be happy to help once I sort things out with him.ÔÇØ Mike says, half in contemplation over his earlier encounter.

Rosie, who has been listening to the conversation at the bar, interrupts to say ÔÇ£Lyle would be more than happy to wait or come back, IÔÇÖm sure. I'd feed him something hearty, he's a good kid.ÔÇØ

Mike hears her, and addresses Hector. ÔÇ£But what kind of performance was she supposed to make? Perhaps somebody might be able to replace her in case she can't be found.ÔÇØ

Hector scoffs at the notion. ÔÇ£Of COURSE someone could replace her ÔÇô but that isnÔÇÖt the point! The point if the novelty of seeing different people perform different feats, and every single performer has their own take on their acts. For example, Grendel, the Strong Half-Orc that was on stage before you? His act will always be different than another amazingly strong person. People will enjoy and pay to see both him and another. And itÔÇÖs the contrast between the performers; Ilsa is meant to perform, and no one else can replace her!ÔÇØ

Kent quickly nods in the affirmative to Hector.
ÔÇ£You're in luck. This would not be the first time I have had to ascertain the whereabouts of a missing contracted entertainer. Most like she has found a young gentleman that she is found of and neglecting her duties to her employer. I am happy - and suited to assist you in this matter.ÔÇØ

At this, Hector laughs and nearly spits out his drink, but he manages to not say anything else.

Kent turns to Calendil ÔÇ£Sounds like a good starting place. That hypnotist seemed a little too prideful for me. That woman working with him would be able to assist us much the same if not better and with less headache at that, haHA!ÔÇØ

Having contained his laughter, Hector slaps his hand on the table good naturedly. ÔÇ£Oh, it seems Lynthian has gotten quite the admirers amongst you! She is married to Maeloraed, so donÔÇÖt go getting your hopes up if you wish to impress her! They are both at the Royal Festival Hall typically, they have a small apartment nearby and their dressing room is there.ÔÇØ

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:05 am

Zandrax pauses for a moment before replying. He then puts his right hand against his chest and performs a small, polite bow. "I am looking for something actually, I was told to go to the stage hand, by a man named Hector, for a free drink. If you would be so kind as to show me the way I'll buy one for you as well. That is, if you are allowed to drink on the job."

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 am

"You're looking for Hector?" the man says and smiles to himself. "Aye, I know the Stage Hand. I don't have time to stop for a drink, but I can certainly show you the way. It's not a spot that visitors to Tydale typically go... I wonder why he invited you there?" The man immediately turns down the next street, and it isn't long before they're on Bard Drive.

"It's always rather quiet on this street, mostly local performers. It's the only main street that you can't access from the Circle, so it gets ignored. It used to, though, but the Main Stage was built and blocked it."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:41 am

As the guard arrives in front of the door leading into the Stage Hand, Zandrax palms a gold coin piece and then extends his hand for a thank you shake. As he shakes the guards hand he presses the gold piece into the guards hand. "You have been immensely helpful sir, I bid you a good eve." As the guard lumbers away, Zandrax scans the entrance of the Stage hand before heading inside.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 am

"Very well. If you will give us directions to the festival hall, we will speak with Lynthian and seek out your missing performer."

► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:55 pm

"Have you drank too much already?" Hector says, raising an eyebrow at Calendil. "I already said where the Royal Festival Hall is - it's right near the corner of Northwest Drive and the Circle! You can see it from the Main Stage pretty much. It's a huge red building. Didn't any of you pay attention to where you were going? I'm surprised that you made it here... well.. that three of you made it here."

((Word to the wise - Mike at least noticed it when he was on his way to the Stage Hand, but it's hard to miss if you're looking for it))