Festival of Fools

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Festival of Fools

Post by Theis2 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Mike shifts his focus to Rosie as she speaks "Sure? I'll make it quick then."
He shifts his focus back to Calendil and Hector as he hears how he reacts to the question of direction.
"Hector please don't take it the wrong way, the elf here is clearly out of his normal comfort zone when he's in a city. I know you're a bit streesed but bear over with him, we are afterall about to leave to help find the missing performer. You never did say what she was supposed to perform though."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Calendil givrs himself a little shake and mentally reviews the conversation. "Thank you, Mike. Hector, my apologies. I was... distracted. I find myself less than eager to deal with Maeloraed again. And yes, I am unused to finding my way about a city. But there's a job to be done. So be it. Hopefully, his wife will be able to help us."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Having noticed that he lost Zandrax (Didn't mean for Flacks to go that fast) Flacks will turn around and attempt to find him among the crowd.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Kent simply throws back his drink and listens as Hector addresses Mike's question. He is obviously ready to go when his 2 recently met comrades are ready to go. Kent, from his oath and work, takes a contract very seriously. Many times he has had to physically hold a party from a broken contract accountable. Something so in his comfort zone can't be passed up. The fitting work should help to keep his mind off his homesickness. He thinks nothing of joining his recent acquaintances in fulfilling this request, knowing perfectly well he isn't always the smartest guy. Both Mike and Calendil seem to have very keen minds- should help him from making a fool of himself. He chuckles a bit to himself at that. Kent also thinks about how he should have less conversations with himself in his head, as everyone can see his face change as he goes through the conversation.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 am

Calendil accepts HectorÔÇÖs request ,""Very well. If you will give us directions to the Royal Festival Hall, we will speak with Lynthian and seek out your missing performer."

"Have you drank too much already?" Hector says, raising an eyebrow at Calendil. "I already said where the Royal Festival Hall is - it's right near the corner of Northwest Drive and the Circle! You can see it from the Main Stage pretty much. It's a huge red building. Didn't any of you pay attention to where you were going? I'm surprised that you made it here... well.. that three of you made it here."

Mike shifts his focus to Rosie as she speaks "Sure? I'll make it quick then."

ÔÇ£Yeah IÔÇÖm sure! HeÔÇÖs a good kid. But he is a kid, who knows how long heÔÇÖll be gone for.ÔÇØ

Mike shifts his focus back to Calendil and Hector as he hears how he reacts to the question of direction.
"Hector please don't take it the wrong way, the elf here is clearly out of his normal comfort zone when he's in a city. I know you're a bit stressed but bear over with him, we are afterall about to leave to help find the missing performer. You never did say what she was supposed to perform though."

Calendil givrs himself a little shake and mentally reviews the conversation. "Thank you, Mike. Hector, my apologies. I was... distracted. I find myself less than eager to deal with Maeloraed again. And yes, I am unused to finding my way about a city. But there's a job to be done. So be it. Hopefully, his wife will be able to help us."

ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs a true enough thing of me to ask though, if heÔÇÖs drunk or not. I just said where to go only about a minute before he asked again! I hope youÔÇÖll all be able to remember the directions this time?ÔÇØ Hector says with a smile, showing that he meant no harm. ÔÇ£Lynthian is very helpful, but sheÔÇÖs also very loyal. And IÔÇÖm not completely sure if she knows Ilsa, but Maeloraed definitely does.ÔÇØ

Kent simply throws back his drink and listens as Hector addresses Mike's question. He is obviously ready to go when his two ecently met comrades are ready to go. Kent, from his oath and work, takes a contract very seriously. Many times he has had to physically hold a party from a broken contract accountable. Something so in his comfort zone can't be passed up. The fitting work should help to keep his mind off his homesickness. He thinks nothing of joining his recent acquaintances in fulfilling this request, knowing perfectly well he isn't always the smartest guy. Both Mike and Calendil seem to have very keen minds- should help him from making a fool of himself. He chuckles a bit to himself at that. Kent also thinks about how he should have less conversation with himself in his head, as everyone can see his face change as he goes through the conversation.

Zandrax pauses for a moment before replying to the Guard. He then puts his right hand against his chest and performs a small, polite bow. "I am looking for something actually, I was told to go to the stage hand, by a man named Hector, for a free drink. If you would be so kind as to show me the way I'll buy one for you as well. That is, if you are allowed to drink on the job."

"You're looking for Hector?" the man says and smiles to himself. "Aye, I know the Stage Hand. I don't have time to stop for a drink, but I can certainly show you the way. It's not a spot that visitors to Tydale typically go... I wonder why he invited you there?" The man immediately turns down the next street, and it isn't long before they're on Bard Drive. "It's always rather quiet on this street, mostly local performers. It's the only main street that you can't access from the Circle, so it gets ignored. It used to, though, but the Main Stage was built and blocked it."

As the guard arrives in front of the door leading into the Stage Hand, Zandrax palms a gold coin piece and then extends his hand for a thank you shake. As he shakes the guardÔÇÖs hand he presses the gold piece into the guards hand. "You have been immensely helpful sir, I bid you a good eve." Zandrax scans the entrance of the Stage Hand before heading inside, and doesnÔÇÖt see the Guard looking dumbly at the gold piece in his hand. The Guard shakes his head in disbelief, but Zandrax has gone inside before the Guard was able to speak. The Guard shakes his head and walks away.

Zandrax, having made it inside the Stage Hand, sees the three men he shared a stage with, along with Hector. The three are getting up, as if to leave, and Zandrax can see that either they hadnÔÇÖt ate any meal, or had already finished. Either way, heÔÇÖs obviously been wandering around the city for quite a while!

Flacks, having stormed off into the crowd, is surprised to find that when he planned to lose the Gnome, he actually did lose the Gnome. He goes back and scans through the crowd, but is unable to locate any trace of the Gnome.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:58 am

Kent notices Zandrax (though doesn't actually remember his name). Nods to Mike and says Isn't that midget one of the fellers we had up on stage with us?. Kent also obviously points at the gnome.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:48 am

Zandrax ignores the brown haired brute who is inconspicuously waggling his finger at him and walks up to the bar. As the bar is a bit higher than he is, he crawls up onto a stool before calling out to Hector "Alright my good man, I am here, how about that drink I was promised." Zandrax sits uncomfortably on the stool and waits patiently. "Oh, and just because I'm a smaller person you best not try to cheat me by bringing out a smaller mug." At this Zandrax waits while Hector fetches his mug of ale. While waiting Zandrax turns to the three that he had shared the stage with. "Where are you off to so soon. Sit, I'll buy you dinner." Zandrax turns back to the bar and hollars at Hector "What've you got to eat big H."

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:07 am

Hector frowns momentarily and then laughs loudly, drawing the attention of everyone in the tavern. Before he's fully stopped laughing, Rosie has hopped down from her stool behind the bar and approached the gnome.

"Who you calling H? That's Hector. And he doesn't own this tavern - I do! How dare you assume that Hector would fetch you a drink, when this is where the performers all come to relax. Who are you anyway? You're not a performer, or at least not one I've seen before."

Rosie's reaction is heated, and the other performers give her a cheer of support. "You tell him Rosie!" "Yeah, no one talks about Hector like that!" "Rosie's got the best tavern in Tydale!"

Encouraged by the local support, Rosie looks the Gnome straight in the eye. "You can leave now. Just because I'm a halfing, and just because I'm a woman, doesn't mean you should ignore me. I clearly run this tavern, couldn't you see me standing behind the bar? Get out. You're not welcome here, you are upsetting my regular clientele."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:16 am

► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:20 am

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 am

At the rather rude speech of the halfing woman, Zandrax stands up on the bar-stool and raises himself to his full height. "I'll have you know that I am the best bard in the land, thus technically I am a performer. You however madam, are a poor example of your race and you should be ashamed of yourself." At this, Zandrax jumps from the stool, spits on the tavern floor and walks out but not before turning his head to Hector and saying. "You owe me a drink Hector." With these words, Zandrax walks out of the door. A moment goes by and Zandrax pops his head through the door and yells at the halfing woman one more time "You'll rue the day you spurned me you ugly little trout."

Upon reaching the outside of the bar Zandrax, having heard whispers of a quest, will look around for the guard that led him to this horrible bar. I almost want to take the coin from him Zandrax thought, what a despicable place.

This is on hold currently.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 pm

((Just making this clear that Zandrax does not see or hear this post, but the others would see and hear it before they could react, so I am posting it up now))

Rosie looks at the floor with disgust, and goes behind the bar to get out a mop to clean up the filth.

"Best bard in the land?" one of the performers says. "I don't believe that - we would have heard of him here by now!"
"Aye, Rosie, tis good that you get rid of that little worm!"
"Ugly little trout? Has he looked in a mirror lately?"

Rosie laughs at the encouragement, not worried about the loss of custom.
Hector laughs again. "What a tantrum that hot-headed Gnome displayed!" but he looks at Rosie and says "I'm sorry to have brought such a rude little git into your tavern Rosie. I had wished to show these men some hospitality, and a tavern that's truly one of the finest establishments in Tydale!"

"That is just what happens when you invite people you don't know 'round Hector. It wouldn't be the first time I've had someone pissed off when I've kicked them out!" Rosie says, laughing herself as she mops up the spit.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Because I don't want my character to magically turn into a troll, I'm withdrawing.

By that i mean, I don't want to start killing villagers until the guards kill me.

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Flacks will look around for someone who looks like they know where they are and tries to ask directions.
My Kickstarter

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Kent looks around and raises his hand and says, maybe too loudly We behaved! he points/nods to Calendil and Mike. Then he flushes with embarassment when he realizes how juvenile that sounds and puts his hand down. He coughs and in a noticeably deeper voice says I mean, I'm sorry for the unfortunate encounter ma'am. I hope that we have held ourselves to a better standard and been a better reflection on Mr. Hector's choice in patrons. 3 for 4 isn't bad, amirite? Or 5..there was someone else I thought... <-Kent shrugs and Enter Big Shit-eating grin that is Kent's token look (charismatic :) ).
Games:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:05 am

Calendil seems bemused by what just happened. But, whatever it was, it seems to be over now. "Shall we go, then?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:35 am

"well.. that was.. special." Mike laughs slightly with a baffled expression on his face.

"I mean, I'm sorry for the unfortunate encounter ma'am. I hope that we have held ourselves to a better standard and been a better reflection on Mr. Hector's choice in patrons. 3 for 4 isn't bad, amirite? Or 5..there was someone else I thought..."

I think I saw someone else that wasn't urban looking, but I might just be thinking of you Calendil. But I'm ready to go.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:46 am

Uh yup, quite right. Kent nods to the nice bar lady, and Hector and moves to open the door and hold for his party to leave. Cuz he's a gentleman.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:39 am

Mike walks up to Rosie as she mobs the floor.
"So Rosie how much do I need to pay for drinks and lodging for when I return?
Yeah, it might be a bit early to pay for a place to sleep now, but you never know when a pickpocket might strike in a busy city."

Saying his final thanks to Rosie, Mike exits the inn.
Now shall we find this performer?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:21 am

Kent, noticing Zandrax, nodsin his direction and says to Mike ÔÇ£IsnÔÇÖt that the midget one of the fellers we had up on stage with us?ÔÇØ

Zandrax, ignoring Kent and everyone at the table except Hector, says "Alright my good man, I am here, how about that drink I was promised?" Zandrax sits uncomfortably on a stool and waits patiently. "Oh, and just because I'm a smaller person you best not try to cheat me by bringing out a smaller mug." At this Zandrax addresses the three men who were standing to leave, and asks"Where are you off to so soon? Sit, I'll buy you dinner." Zandrax turns back and hollers at Hector "What've you got to eat big H?"

Hector frowns momentarily and then laughs loudly, drawing the attention of everyone in the tavern. Before he's fully stopped laughing, Rosie has hopped down from her stool behind the bar and approached the gnome.

"Who you calling H? That's Hector. And he doesn't own this tavern - I do! How dare you assume that Hector would fetch you a drink, when this is where the performers all come to relax. Who are you anyway? You're not a performer, or at least not one I've seen before."

Rosie's reaction is heated, and the other performers give her a cheer of support. "You tell him Rosie!" "Yeah, no one talks about Hector like that!" "Rosie's got the best tavern in Tydale!"

Encouraged by the local support, Rosie looks the Gnome straight in the eye. "You can leave now. Just because I'm a halfing, and just because I'm a woman, doesn't mean you should ignore me. I clearly run this tavern, couldn't you see me standing behind the bar? Get out. You're not welcome here, you are upsetting my regular clientele."

At Rosies outburst, Zandrax stands up on the bar-stool and raises himself to his full height, so that his feet are essentially eye-level with Rosie "I'll have you know that I am the best bard in the land, thus technically I am a performer. You however madam, are a poor example of your race and you should be ashamed of yourself." At this, Zandrax jumps from the stool, spits on the tavern floor and walks out but not before turning his head to Hector and saying. "You owe me a drink Hector." With these words, Zandrax walks out of the door. A moment goes by and Zandrax pops his head through the door and yells at the halfing woman one more time "You'll rue the day you spurned me you ugly little trout."

Rosie looks at the floor with disgust, and goes behind the bar to get out a mop to clean up the filth.

"Best bard in the land?" one of the performers says. "I don't believe that - we would have heard of him here by now!"
"Aye, Rosie, tis good that you get rid of that little worm!"
"Ugly little trout? Has he looked in a mirror lately?"

Rosie laughs at the encouragement, not worried about the loss of custom.

Hector laughs again. "What a tantrum that hot-headed Gnome displayed!" but he looks at Rosie and says "I'm sorry to have brought such a rude little git into your tavern Rosie. I had wished to show these men some hospitality, and a tavern that's truly one of the finest establishments in Tydale!"

"That is just what happens when you invite people you don't know 'round Hector. It wouldn't be the first time I've had someone pissed off when I've kicked them out!" Rosie says, laughing herself as she mops up the spit.

"Well.. that was.. special.
" Mike laughs slightly with a baffled expression on his face.

Kent looks around, raises his hand and says, maybe too loudly ÔÇ£We behaved!ÔÇØ while indicating himself, Mike and Calendil. Then he flushes with embarrassment when he realizes how juvenile that sounds and puts his hand down. He coughs and in a noticeably deeper voice says ÔÇ£I mean, I'm sorry for the unfortunate encounter ma'am. I hope that we have held ourselves to a better standard and been a better reflection on Mr. Hector's choice in patrons. Three for four isn't bad, am I right? Or five..there was someone else I thought... ÔÇ£ With this end, Kent shrugs and smiles a rather large grin.

Calendil seems bemused by what just happened. But, whatever it was, it seems to be over now. "Shall we go, then?"

ÔÇ£I think I saw someone else that wasn't urban looking, but I might just be thinking of you Calendil. But I'm ready to go,ÔÇØ Mike says.

ÔÇ£Uh yup, quite right,ÔÇØ Kent nods to the nice bar lady and Hector, then moves to open the door and hold it for his party to leave.

Mike walks up to Rosie as she mops the floor.
"So Rosie how much do I need to pay for drinks and lodging for when I return? Yeah, it might be a bit early to pay for a place to sleep now, but you never know when a pickpocket might strike in a busy city."

Hector answers in lieu of Rosie, ÔÇ£The drinks are all on me as youÔÇÖre not sticking around for the meal. No worries about that!ÔÇØ

Rosie, who is holding the mop still, thinks. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖve only got one room left here at the Stage Hand. ItÔÇÖs mostly a tavern, and not as much of an Inn. I assume youÔÇÖre all wanting a room? IÔÇÖd recommend staying at the Barge-Inn down at the Docks, itÔÇÖs pretty cheap and Olga runs a tight and clean Inn. The room here though Mike would cost 6sp for the night, itÔÇÖs not much of a room. But since itÔÇÖs the Festival, you might have troubles finding any rooms at all!ÔÇØ

Mike opts to take the one remaining room at Rosie's for 6sp/night and gives her the money upfront before leaving.

ÔÇ£Now shall we find this performer?ÔÇØ Mike says after theyÔÇÖve left the Stage Hand.

As the three walk back towards Northwest Drive, Mike having remembered where the Royal Festival Hall was, they bump into Flacks, whom has finally gotten directions from a helpful local. Flacks recognizes them while on his way to the Stage Hand, and they recognize him.

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 am

Slightly uncomfortable having remembered the embarrassing song Maeloraed made him sing he took a second to maintain his composure. "Good day fellows, you look to be headed onto a quest."
My Kickstarter

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 am

"I'm not sure I would call it a quest. A performer has gone missing. We're off to see if we can find her. But first we must speak with Maeloraed (or, if we're lucky, his wife) to learn more about the one we seek. You are welcome to join us. Should we need to split up to search the city, another searcher could be helpful. Or, if you prefer, Hector is still inside the tavern. If you want that drink he promised, now's the time. He'll be leaving soon, and there's no telling when he'll be back."

► Show Spoiler

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:05 am

Looks to Calendil then to the Flacks....Kent squints at the man then eyes widen with recognition Oh! You're the guy who did the funny song! Kent laughs and starts to do his best to mimic it a bit. Funniest thing I seen in years!
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:12 am

"I guess I'll join you as I was never one much for alcohol. Just doesn't sit right with my stomach." he shudders at a memory of a past incident. He makes a note in his head to get back at the man imitating him before realizes he didn't know anyone's name "I'm Flacks by the way, I can't seem to recall if I ever was acquainted with your names". He then remembers Zandrax was suppose to be headed this way. "By the way, earlier I was traveling with the gnome that was on stage with us. Did you happen to see him?"
My Kickstarter

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:52 am

Well met Flacks Kent offers his hand with a hearty laugh. Sorry for my less than formal greeting, you are a good sport about it! As for the gnome feller, I don't know if it's who I THINK it was, but if so I doubt we will find him in good company at the moment to finish our task. Mayhaps we see him on our travel to locate this missing woman.
Games:
► Show Spoiler