The Surprise jalape├▒o -- Turn 3

Home to all current Forum Games.
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

The Surprise jalape├▒o -- Turn 3

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:28 pm

The Surprise jalape├▒o

Once upon a time in a kingdom far far away there where a bunch of goblins , who worked in the giant factory of mister hat, day in, day out they worked for little to no pay trying to survive in the hard reality of the new world. When one day, mister hat decided the goblins workers were to expensive and were being replaced with cheaper kobold workers, who could work longer and for even less pay.
And with that the goblins were without work, what are they going to do now ? , work was hard to find these days and they were not the most skilled of worker. Not sure what to do, 6 of the goblins headed out to their local bar ÔÇ£the surprise jalape├▒oÔÇØ a few beers later the goblins realized the gold was gone and there bellies were empty, what now ?

Setting
The game will be set in a steampunkish world set in the early industrial age, the world is changing, the world you have know for so long gone, villages and farms have taken place for huge cities and factories, the might of magic has fallen to the power of science. The bow and sword slowly taking it place in the history as the gun and many other exotic new technology take there place

Grammar and spelling
I am also not a native English speaker. I will do my best to get better at writing, using a more broad and complex vocabulary, and try to get my punctuation right.
But as I can not learn without any feedback, I will need some help.
So lets make a deal , If I get correction or tips on my writing from the players on readers I will help the players, all the players ( not only the person that send it) will get a +1 on all roles for the next turn. (his does not stack if more people send feedback)

Rules
I am new to DnD, so I donÔÇÖt really know the rules. So well IÔÇÖm going to make my own version
These rules will be a work in progress , this means that it will update trough out the game and get more rules and options as we go.
Current rules
All goblins start with
5 hp
1 attack
1 defense
Last edited by askstoomuch on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

askstoomuch

Re: The Surprise jalape├▒o

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:28 pm

just in case I need this spot later :D

askstoomuch

Re: The Surprise jalape├▒o

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Turn 1

With a sad look on his face Puns looks at the last drips of ale on the bottom of his glass.
He grabs the handle, The glass feels cold. So does the ale. As he finishes the last of his drink he slams the glass on the oak table.
ÔÇ£ThatÔÇÖs it guys, we are all out of moneyÔÇØ he looks around at the table at the faces of his friends.
ÔÇ£Maybe we could find some other job, I heard they always need folk on the docksÔÇØ Deer adds.
ÔÇ£Forget itÔÇØ Simple spits at her ÔÇ£Times are though there will always somebody who will do they same job we do. Twice as fast, for half the pay. ItÔÇÖs pointless !ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£there must be something we can doÔÇØ Secrets says. ÔÇ£I am really hungryÔÇØ
Her belly rumbles as she looks around the room. There aren't many people around.
At the bar she sees the bartender, an old goblin with a dirty rag in his hand. He is serving beers to a group of sour looking working men.
Next to the group there is a kobold business man , far too well dressed for a dump like this. There is a big fat gold purse strapped on his side.
Her mouth waters with the though of the food that they could buy if they could get their hands on that kind of money.
to the Left of her she sees a group of orc sailors drinking what looks like a strong red liquor, Next to them are 2 humans dressed in black discussing something as they point to her table. The rest of the bar is empty. Her eyes feel drawn to the strange decorations on the walls. There is a sword above the bartender, a couple of skulls, and the horns of some strange exotic beast. Her belly rumbles again.

Notes.
first post, feels a lil short but ok. lets see where this is going to go

Current quest
hungry,
get money so you can buy some food (0/12 copper)
Last edited by askstoomuch on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: The Surprise jalape├▒o -- Turn 1

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:59 pm

DoesNothingSimple starts to concoct a plan. However, the others think its far too crazy as it involves a long series of ridiculous shenanigans for little pay off. However, parts of it do have merit. A suggestion to have FacePuncher intimidate the kobold businessman while another snatches his purse is one of the better snippets. He will wait to see what the others have to say though
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:20 pm

"Why don't we just ask this kobold if he has a job for us? He is here for something, might be our chance."

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:18 am

Outright theft isn't likely to get us very far, especially if we try a smash and grab in public. Let's see if we can learn some more. Find out what the kobold and the humans are doing here, ask the bartender if he knows of any jobs, see what the workers have to say...

Grammatical corrections will, for the most part, have to wait until I get home. A little too tedious to type on my phone. But it should be a period instead of a comma after "grabs the handle," each sentence (including our dialog) should start with a capital letter, the plural of "working man" is "working men," and the goblins want to get their (not there) hands on the money.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:41 am

Thanks guys for the corrections I already got 3 :D

oh and if nobody decides on a move, the next turn will be a talk post =p

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:46 pm

OOC:
It's Keeps, not Secrets, if you please. And if you have to refer to them, please use the gender neutral Xe, if you would be so kind, yes, please?

Keeps moves over to the business man and adresses him. "Excuse me, fine Sir, but I couldn't help but notice your fine and snappy way to dress and your financial ability to do so. Would you mind telling me how you got all that money? There's a good chap. Alas, me and a couple of peers have lost our jobs, a fine figure in business and industry as yourself wouldn't happen to know someone who would like to hire some strapping young goblins, would you?"
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:34 pm

FacePuncher mutters to the others: "If we have something to barter with, I could arm wrestle those orcs for a bit of coin."
He then asks the bartender if there's any jobs going.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:51 pm

If you made a spectacle of it you could be a diversion for less scrupulous acts, even if you lose we could win.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 am

Lin is in iceland so I dont think she's going to post, anybody want to suggest a turn for her ?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:48 pm

I think at this point, we're just gathering information.

Puns will join Keeps, and, with a friendly and cheerful manner, compliment the businessman on his vety nice bag of money.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:01 am

((I'm back from Iceland now, although I'm still on holiday. Also, OneCuriousDeer goes by Curi, not Deer, I even said that in her introduction ;) ))

Curi is more interested in the rest of the pub and will leave the others to the Kobold - she figures they can fill her in later. She wanders around to listen to the conversations taking place amongst the other patrons.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Turn 2 only 3 months late

DoesNothingSimple starts to working on a plan. It involves several gnomes and a leprechaun to pull off. the others think itÔÇÖs far too crazy as it involves a long series of ridiculous shenanigans for little pay off. If they dumb it down however it might work, he suggest that FacePuncher intimidates the kobold businessman while another snatches his purse. He will wait to see what the eagerly look around the table, empty for with empty mugs and a single knife on a cutting board, the others have to say
Outright theft isn't likely to get us very far, especially if we try a smash and grab in public. Let's see if we can learn some more. Find out what the kobold and the humans are doing here, ask the bartender if he knows of any jobs, see what the workers have to say...
"Why don't we just ask this kobold if he has a job for us? Cyan suggest ÔÇ£ he is here for a reason, might be our only change.ÔÇØ
While cyan and puns discuss their future plans curi and punches leave the group to check out the bar.
Punches walks up to the bar, and asks the old bartender if he happens to have a job
Sorry there lad, times are tough I cant be hiring much these days ya know ?, just me and the kid these days, gods I miss the old times
ÔÇ£I reckon you could try the docks, half the city is looking, I wonÔÇÖt really get your hopes up.. IÔÇÖm sorry ladÔÇØ
As he looks around the bar, he notices a lot of foreign drinks, this place must get a lot of travelers and traders from all over the realm above the shelfÔÇÖs he notices a red glowing sword hang against the wall , it looks quite dusty

At the other side of the bar, curi spies on the other visitors she can over hear some of the goblin workman
ÔÇ£mate, If those fuckers arenÔÇÖt showing up in the next 5 minutes IÔÇÖm going to loose it
ÔÇ£ shut it reif, the kobold paid us a lot of money we can wait, we have to be quite, he was supposed to come aloneÔÇØ
Agreeing with the plan, the others made keepers goes over to the kobold hoping he has a job for them off some sort "Excuse me, fine Sir, but I couldn't help but notice your fine and snappy way to dress and your as soon as she addresses the kobold he freaks out he gets scared and starts screaming in panic NOOoooooo GO away you ruined everything NOOOooo and pushes her to the ground, KILL THEM ALL!, KILL THOSE SPIES !!
As he screams his treats, the goblin work man , all 5 off them, rise, pulling out hidden blades and simple looking crossbows. The large orcs follow shortly , taking large rusty battle axes from the floor
ÔÇ£KILL THE SPIESÔÇØ THE KOBOLD SCREAMS

Notes.
and we are back, this time for a bit longer i hope
oh and guess who rolled a 1 :lol:

Current quest
hungry,
GET MONEY so you can buy some food (0/12 copper)

Synch
Game Master

Re: The Surprise jalape├▒o -- Turn 2 =0 ??? 3 months late

Post by Synch » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:34 am

FacePuncher will roll across the bar and grab the red glowing sword, then leap onto the bar and glare menacingly.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:14 am

"Hey, calm down. I think this guy just had a little too much to drink. We're not spies, we never met this guy, and we don't want to fight. I'm sure the bartender doesn't want us fighting here, either."

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:31 am

It's Keeps, not keepers. :roll:

Keeps ducks behind the closest cover. "Blimey, this guy is crazy. I didn't do anything but TALK to him. And all I wanted was learning about a way to earn some money, geez. We mean no harm, leave us be. Please."
If people attack anyways, xe'll grab the closest bottle or similar (chair leg, vase, other improvised weapons) and defend xemself with it.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:18 am

it's been three months lets me forget stuff haha

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:12 am

Cyan grabs the knife from their table and stands alert to see if people are going to attack. He looks for any suspicious activity, so no one would sneak on the party. If workmen are about to shoot, Cyan flips the table to the side so it would take the shots and hides behind this improvised barricade or he protects himself with the cutting board from their table, whichever seems more likely to succeed.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:08 pm

bump 2 more posts needed come on guys =)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Sorry for the slow response, been kinda busy and haven't had the time to catch up till now.

DoesNothingSimple will upend a table to use as a rudimentary shield/barricade against the crossbows and pick up a chair to smash down on someone's head
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Soooorrrrryyyy..... read Asks' multiple reminders at all the wrong times....

Curi, not being with the group, is going on the assumption that the Kobold isn't recognizing her as part of the "spies". She scruinizes the others in the pub, trying to see if she can work out who exactly those men were really looking for. She also looks for the best and nearest thing to use as a weapon - or the best spot to get herself out of the way.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Whats going on, Asks?
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:15 pm

Turn 3
The tension in the bar quickly rises as the goblin working men point their crossbows at the group and draw their blades. There are 6 of them: 3 wielding crossbows, one has something that vaguely resembles an small axe, the rest wield simple daggers. While the kobold screams his orders to kill of the spies, the so called spies flip over their tables and hide behind them. Cyan grabs a knife.
"Hey, calm down. I think this guy just had a little too much to drink. We're not spies, we never met this guy, and we don't want to fight. I'm sure the bartender doesn't want us fighting here, either." Puns yells over to the armed goblins.
"Blimey, this guy is crazy." Keeps utters nervously as xe ducks behind the [something - what did Keeps duck behind?] "I didn't do anything but TALK to him. And all I wanted was learning about a way to earn some money, geez. We mean no harm, leave us be. Please."
"Everybody shut the hell up!" one of the armed goblins shouts. He steps forward wielding a weird looking axe. A single golden earring hangs from his ear. "My name is General Zerg, leader of the seventh Goblin army. Please put down your weapons and come out with your hands in the air, We DO not want to hurt you!"
The group looks around nervously with confusion in their eyes as Keeps carefully takes a broken bottle form the floor.
"I Will NOT repeat myself again. You are under arrest in the name of king Quarg. Come out or we will shoot! 3..2..1"
Before the general can give the order to fire, Face Puncher rolls over the bar, making a lot of sound as glass as glass falls down on the ground in pieces. The soldiers immediately start firing at him. Two of the bolts hit the wall next to him, shattering some bottles while he grabs the sword. The third one hits the bartender just left of his shoulder. He falls down with a gurgle and painful moan.
"Reload!" the general screams as he moves his way over to attack. "KILL THE TRAITORS, IN the name of our true king!"
The humans who were still drinking their ales quickly get up. Dressed in all black, they cover their faces with hoods and run towards the orcs. Before the orcs can even react the humans exploded* in a thick black mist disappearing from sight, only to reappear again behind them slitting their throats. Both go down as quickly as they came up.

On the other side of the bar in the panic that is going on, Curi tries to get away from the attackers, looking for a way to escape or something to defend herself with. She finds none. One of the goblins comes towards her, dagger drawn.

Notes
this has to be the slowest updating game ever hahah...sorry school is a time consumer

stats
knife +1 atk
broken bottle +1 50% chance of breaking, 25 % of hurting the wielder
red sword makes you feel warm inside stats ??
Last edited by askstoomuch on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Synch
Game Master

Re: The Surprise jalape├▒o -- Turn 3

Post by Synch » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:52 pm

FacePuncher leaps off the bar, sword overhead and attempts to cleave the general in two. If successful, he will attempt to use the body of the general as a shield against the crossbows.
► Show Spoiler