Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Goblin Serial Killer: Revenge of the Pointy Stick

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Updating.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Even though Quarg did mess with the voting a bit, supreme detective skills indicate that Tea is the one who officially received the most votes. And by process of democracy, that must mean he's guilty! ... Okay, that didn't work out.
:laugh: :evileye: :thaco: :tongue: :evillaugh: :rofl: :stab: :arrow: :ninja: :dead: :sword: :mindblown: :idea: :lol: :indeed: :evileye: :sleep: :idea: :halo: :arrow: :thumbsup: :Eyebrows: :tfacepalm: :hungover: :evillaugh: :meh: :bigears: :okthen: :tongue: :halofall: :bloodshot: :ugeek: :thaco: :indeed: :halofall: :arrow: :tfacepalm: :evileye: :laugh: :evillaugh: :tongue: :thaco: :Eyebrows: :roll: :slowclap: :santa: :love: :indeed: :greenie: :hungover: :thaco: :lol: y :mrgreen: :oops: :rant: :evillaugh: :shifty: :okthen: :indeed: :woot :indeed: :laugh: :lol: :ktongue: :indeed: :love: :laugh: :puke: :evillaugh: :oops: :pirate: :lol: :evileye: :weep: :idea: :tfacepalm: :halofall: :lol: :oops: :thaco: :stab: :okthen: :fox: :laugh: :evileye: :thaco: :tongue: :evillaugh: :rofl: :stab: :indeed: :ninja: :thumbsup: :halofall: :Eyebrows: :indeed: :roll: :ninja: :arrow: :mustache: :evileye: :fumbles: :idea: :rant: :slowclap: :tfacepalm: :okthen: :rant: :love: :okthen: :tongue: :shock: :okthen: :fume: :praise: :oops: :shy: :tfacepalm: :shudder:

:ktongue: :ugeek: :rant: :sleep: :mustache: :idea: :confetti: :klik: :lol: :evillaugh: :puppy: :oops: :pirate: :indeed: :shy: :oops: :ninja: :evillaugh: :wevil: :oops: :roll: :Dance: :indeed: :halofall: :arrow: :tfacepalm: :evileye:

V :idea: :chief: :tfacepalm: :indeed: :mrgreen: :classy: :halofall: :ugeek: :cheer: :ktongue:
1. game
2. synch
3. pat
4. quarg
5. thinks
6. Badge
7. Tea Lynched
8. kida
9. Chuck Killed for having too many letters.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:27 pm

That was,...surprisingly quick. Well, I guess I'm saved from trying to do a substitution based on what letter each of the smiles resembled. Ooooo, now I can haunt you all for the rest of this round from the place of dead letters! Yippee!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wait, maybe I shouldn't use any smile-things....

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:15 am

Letters and smilies, I hate them both but I hate letters slightly more so I will kill people with lots of letters in their name first or lots of posts.

Kursmicklepop is one word I hate.

Victim: Chuck.
Kursmicklepop is a word from GAL, but I don't find it being used. Every alive player except me is in GAL.

Lets see about names and posts:
1. gamecreator - 11/2778
2. Synch - 5/988
3. Patdragon - 9/558
4. Quarg - 5/2048
5. thinkslogically - 15/3437
6. Badgeddict - 11/3026
8. kida - 4/966

So if the killer doesn't kill someone with a big letter/post count, that person is probably the killer. Meanwhile we can start killing from the other end.

1 - kida (gamecreator)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:40 am

Kursmicklepop is in a book to turn things from wood back to flesh.
Page 395 How to unwooden an object

1. Place you left hand on the object that is made of wood.
2. Place your right hand on a tree that is at least 10 years old.
3. Say the following phrase backwards 3 times as fast as you can "How much wood could a wood Chuck Chuck If a Wood Chuck Could Chuck Wood". Follow this by saying Kursmicklepop.
This is quite an obvious clue pointing to Badge as he created the book's instrutions, but it could also refer to Pat as he has a wooden ear and needs the spell to save it.
Sticking with my Badge hunch though.

1 - kida (gamecreator)
1 - Badge (Synch)
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:28 am

I'm going to vote for Quarg because he's the only person who was on the quest when they found the book with "Kursmicklepop" written in it.

1 - kida (gamecreator)
1 - Badge (Synch)
1 - Quarg (thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:14 am

Going back to the last kill, I wonder if we did it incorrectly. Using the 1st, 6th and 10th smilies, right....well, arrows might be emoticons...but they aren't smilies. I could be way off, but at least I'm trying. (I am going to attempt this in a number of ways)

Option 1: A + M + E + C (original thought)
Option 2: A + E + A + C (assuming facepalms and arrows are not smilies)
Option 3: A + A + A + C (Assuming only smiles count)
Option 4: A + E + S + C (Assuming only smilies with shown faces count)
Using 2nd line of smilies:
Option 1: E + M + E + C (Counting as normal)
Option 2: E + M + R + C (assuming arrows are not smilies)
Option 3: E + R + M + C (assuming facepalms and arrows are not smilies)
Using 3rd line of smilies:
Option 1: W + S + M + C (Counting as normal)
Using 4th line of smilies:
Option 1: A + E + S + C (Counting as normal)
► Show Spoiler
I also noticed that (possibly accidental), there is a distance of 4 spaces (odd?) between two of the smilies, all others are normal 2 or 1 spaces.
► Show Spoiler
again, this could be accidental, but again, most are spaced 1 or 2 spaces apart. But there are a few that are 3 spaces apart.

1 - Thinks (Badge)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:24 am

Ok I'm confused now... How do you figure I'm the killer from what you posted?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:26 am

1 - kida (gamecreator)
1 - Badge (Synch)
1 - Quarg (thinks)
1 - Thinks (Badge)

Just keeping the vote list up to date.
My game:

My characters:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:56 am

hmm... given the evidence I think its someone from the GAL so not gamecreator, Badge your giving a lot info again like in your last kill so mildly suspicious there, and if the killer is targeting high letters and posts I think thinks might be next, having the highest in both.
Everyone else still seems a possible target and as I can see from the voting everyone is still not sure. Given I am unsure but have a feeling Quarg and me seem to be a voting war for the last few games/turns i'm tempted to go for them, but i feel it will be much more random if I choose another GAL member when Quarg chooses me, so Synch it is!

1 - kida (gamecreator)
1 - Badge (Synch)
1 - Quarg (thinks)
1 - Thinks (Badge)
1 - Synch (pat)
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:53 am

1 - kida (gamecreator)
2 - Badge (Synch,kida)
1 - Quarg (thinks)
1 - Thinks (Badge)
1 - Synch (pat)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:04 am

mmm, I am however starting to wonder if it's Kida....he has voted twice now with no such explanation and is typically more vocal than he is now.

Thinks, the reason I had voted for you is because you are also involved in the Kersmicalpop thingy thing....by association.
Quarg, Pat, Thinks, Badge (all associated with the GAL)...however, I think that whatever the clue is, we aren't getting it and the obvious clues are pointing to people who it isn't as i can atest to my innocence.

I was also judging reactions...however, due to Kida being so quiet and aloof, I am changing my vote.

2 - kida (gamecreator, Badge)
2 - Badge (Synch,kida)
1 - Quarg (thinks)
1 - Synch (pat)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:03 am

"Kursmicklepop is one word I hate"

Which reflects that someone hates the word...or the player who was turning people into
wood...played by Badge...

2 - kida (gamecreator, Badge)
3 - Badge (Synch,kida,Quarg)
1 - Quarg (thinks)
1 - Synch (pat)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:12 am

Why would i hate the word that I came up with?

Killing me will not end this, and I will so haunt your asses. I will be all up in there.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:43 am

@Badge: Ah, gotcha! I was actually surprised when GC said it was a word from the GAL because I didn't recognise it at all. Anyway, fair enough.

Also, why would badge hate himself? Either he's playing an awesome bluff this round, or it's not him because none of that makes sense. Very much more suspicious of Quarg now...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:55 pm

thinkslogically wrote:I'm going to vote for Quarg because he's the only person who was on the quest when they found the book with "Kursmicklepop" written in it.
I really shouldn't be throwing any more doubt over my innocence, but I was on that quest too, as was Chuck. And Badge was the GM.

And I love smilies :D
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Really? Right then, It seems that I'm just terrible at reading and comprehension in general. Not changing my vote though.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Well a bit more work has made it
ADSC
or
AMEC or CAME?

Well your the one stuck with that crazy word Thinks so maybe its you...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Updating.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:22 pm

And this time around, Badge gets the lynching.
There is no activity from the killer today, it seems. Lucky civilians.
1. game
2. synch
3. pat
4. quarg
5. thinks
6. Badge Lynched
7. Tea Lynched
8. kida
9. Chuck Killed for having too many letters.
My game:

My characters:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Well everyone was online as everyone voted so no-one missed a chance for a kill...so maybe someone who posted early again and didn't have time later, or a deliberate plan from the killer.

Given no more information i'm thinking Quarg or Kida...
and as he didn't vote for me last time as expected i will go for kida

Kida - (pat)
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:16 pm

I vote for Pat. His goblin needs to say the word Kursmicklepop, and he's used 1 smilie only in the past month.

1 - Kida (Pat)
1 - Pat (Synch)
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:20 pm

1 - Kida (Pat)
2 - Pat (Synch,kida)

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:42 am

It's not Synch, Thinks or Quarg (because they posted after the final vote distribution with Badge having a majority. It's less likely to be kida, who broke the one-each tie. The next person after kida with minimal name/postcount is Pat.

1 - Kida (Pat)
3 - Pat (Synch, kida, gamecreator)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:11 am

Hmm, could be Thinks. After Chuck she had the most letters, and the most posts.so she should be the next victim. If she was the killer, next victim is Badge. Badge is lynched, no victim - coincidence?
► Show Spoiler