Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:22 am

I don't consider myself responsible for inventory updating, I'm trusting y'all to be honest with that. And if I give you goodies and you forget to mark them, that's too bad. :P

And if I ever find any of you to be adding items that I didn't give, there will be many, many rocks.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:29 am

M0rtimer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:22 am I don't consider myself responsible for inventory updating, I'm trusting y'all to be honest with that. And if I give you goodies and you forget to mark them, that's too bad. :P

And if I ever find any of you to be adding items that I didn't, there will be many, many rocks.
Oh I certainly don't expect you to. I honestly have no idea why I didn't record anything over that whole 6 month period going through that base :oops: :lol:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:20 am

M0rtimer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:22 am And if I ever find any of you to be adding items that I didn't give, there will be many, many rocks.
I found that far too amusing before remembering this isn't the community where we claim one of the admins has a rock fetish.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Oh shoot, I just realised something; Tyr gained 15 levels from the Gym battle, going from 15 to 30. That means Top Percentage triggers at levels 20, 25, and 30, pushing him up to Rank 3 of Top Percentage. Doesn't actually... mean anything. Yet. But I need to remember to actually keep track of when that feature triggers.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:50 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:22 am And if I ever find any of you to be adding items that I didn't give, there will be many, many rocks.
Oh dear, hope you don't look at my items anytime soon then ;)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 am

So yeah, ideal scenario is the tri-type weather thing, but honestly I'd be happy with just getting some Fire/Ice themed Moves/abilities/buffs on my guitar. Swapping in/out the Blaster is too awkward, especially with the drive switching element as well.

Also, I'm assuming I've got to make a roll or something for this?
Give me a, let's say... A d100 roll :)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:05 am

Not an Occult check? Okay;

1d100 = 26

Here's hoping this works like Pokeball checks, and lower is better :lol:

Also I just realised that the outcome is probably going to be a Fine Arcane Weapon. Which means Arcane Weapon Moves. In which case, I maaay have been asking for a bit much with the whole "triple weather moves" thing. So just wanted to clarify again that I'll be happy with whatever you come up with, even if it isn't quite what I had in mind. I'm trying to give you as much creative freedom with this as possible while still pointing towards what I'm interested in :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 am

It's probably not gonna be an arcane weapon, cuz there's the whole "arcane" weapon vs "magic" weapon which took me a long time to realize are two different things cuz the Game of Throhs book never explicitly explains it.

Anyways, don't worry, my intention is for anything you forge to not be disappointing, unless you're alchemizing crap, at least.

Oh, and don't forget to think off a cool name for your new weapon. That determines 99% of it's power rating :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:28 am

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 am It's probably not gonna be an arcane weapon, cuz there's the whole "arcane" weapon vs "magic" weapon which took me a long time to realize are two different things cuz the Game of Throhs book never explicitly explains it.
My interpretation was that arcane weapons are a subset of magic weapons that deal only (or mainly) special damage. Or to put it another way, all arcane weapons are magic, but not all magic weapons are arcane. So a magic sword is going to have physical attacks from the traditional weapon moves list, but a magic "arcane" staff would have stuff from the arcane weapon list.

(I kinda want the guitar to count as an arcane weapon, since I'm hoping to go Arcanist in the (very distant) future :paranoia: )
M0rtimer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 am Oh, and don't forget to think off a cool name for your new weapon. That determines 99% of it's power rating :P
I'll need to wait until I know what it does first :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am

Look, I can't make this weapon without a cool name, and you can't name it without knowing it's stats, we'll have to meet somewhere halfway here :lol:

Burns, what would you be hoping for with the items you're combining?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am

"Totally-Overpowered Guitar of Godslayer Slaying"

There you go :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 am

Okay, serious suggestion: "Harmonic Emberfrost Guitar"

(Or Symphonic Emberfrost. Not sure which I like more.)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:30 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am Look, I can't make this weapon without a cool name, and you can't name it without knowing it's stats, we'll have to meet somewhere halfway here :lol:

Something she can use in and out of combat. Maybe a grappling gun or something similar? I'm not exacly sure what I could expect from it?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:26 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:30 pm
M0rtimer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am Look, I can't make this weapon without a cool name, and you can't name it without knowing it's stats, we'll have to meet somewhere halfway here :lol:

Something she can use in and out of combat. Maybe a grappling gun or something similar? I'm not exacly sure what I could expect from it?
So she'd be looking to combine pistol + rope + maybe one of the other items? I don't think that'd work at present, unless there's a reasoning you can come up with for turning it into a "grappling gun"..? For example, if you had something bug related, you could argue it could shoot webs.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 am

Gun + Rope + Leaf Stone could equal a Vine-Gun, perhaps?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:47 am

I could see that working potentially, if probably with some kind of limitation?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:31 am

((Also Dowsing Rod, which I think helps finding shards easier. I assume Drake would want it.))
He's already got one though, it's necessary to dowse in the first place.

Maybe he could try reforging one..? :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:34 am

Just had another name idea for my guitar: "A Song of Ice and Fire". Except I feel there might be some copyright issues there :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:07 am

M0rtimer wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:26 am So she'd be looking to combine pistol + rope + maybe one of the other items? I don't think that'd work at present, unless there's a reasoning you can come up with for turning it into a "grappling gun"..? For example, if you had something bug related, you could argue it could shoot webs.
M0rtimer wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:26 am For example, if you had something bug related, you could argue it could shoot webs.
M0rtimer wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:26 am something bug related
M0rtimer wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:26 am bug
Hrmmmmm
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:41 am

M0rtimer wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:26 am
Arch Lich Burns wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:30 pm

So she'd be looking to combine pistol + rope + maybe one of the other items? I don't think that'd work at present, unless there's a reasoning you can come up with for turning it into a "grappling gun"..? For example, if you had something bug related, you could argue it could shoot webs.
That's why leaf stone (vine/root thing) or metal coat (to make a chain like thing).

...do you have any suggestions as to what I can use in and out of combat then?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Theis2 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:14 pm "Izzy you still got that flying booster? I got a flying brace I could combine it with quickly before the golett starts the process? Might help boost your own abilities as well if you're lucky?
► Show Spoiler

Fuck it! Why not?! Let's just throw all the shit on there! :lol:

If the Golett thinks there's enough time for that to work, Izzy will take Drake up on his offer. Maybe he can make the Plate while Haley is getting her stuff alchemized, then Izzy can go next? If not I'll just stick with the Booster instead. I'm fulling expecting the Plate/Booster to have a minimal impact on the process - it's effectively taking up the "Extras" slot where consumables should really go - but I'm willing to take the risk (and I'm not turning down such a generous offer).

Also Drake can pick pretty much whatever he wants from Izzy's inventory (within reason). You want any Pokeballs/Medicine?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:35 pm

I probably really shouldn't allow you guys to do all the work (plate/gem crafting and such that is, and other stuff, forge crafting is fast because magic) in such a short time, crafting a plate should probably take at least a hour, and maybe even more.

With that said, I'm not gonna say "no can do" when you'd have to wait a week to come back and do it, though, so I'll just let it slip by this time... :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:42 pm

The time problem was Izzy's objection to it originally. If you want to put your foot down and say no I'll respect that completely. Like I said, I'm expecting the difference between Booster and Plate to be minimal at most.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Wasn't your stunfisk a shiny pokemon? I remember talk about getting Drake a shiny stunfisk for Nate at least which never happened :P

That aside, I think the best reward for Drake would actually be to catch any shiny/rare pokemon you see despite not wanting it for your team and/or give him access when he's not around. That would be fine for me at least :)
Or maybe an extra planter at some point to make even more apricorn balls :lol:

We totally anticipated this and worked on it beforehand while we traveled and had Drake create the plate :shifty:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Yeah we'll just handwave it and assume you guys at least briefly talked about it beforehand, and then Drake could probably not considering the time they got back but eh have done it before you teleported.