Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:28 am

You already continued "further down" the hall to end up grabbing the athletics TM- From there on, yeah, it's a dead end.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:30 am

Synch wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:27 am Hey, how am I not on Team Survival! I have 5d6 Survival! I GREW UP IN THE TUNDRA!!!
You were already in Team Charmless. You can't be in two teams! That's just greedy :P

Oh btw, you still want that Glue Cannon Izzy's got, right? Cause this market seems like a good place to sell it otherwise.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 am

Natrivv wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:24 am Can we please take a moment to appreciate

Type Ace (Poison)/psychic connection
Taskmaster / cheerleader
Roughneck / sage
Researcher / warper
great intimidate / great charm
pathetic charm / pathetic intimidate
tech edu / occult edu
works hard at a job/ never had a job

I think our characters are almost perfect opposites lol. The only thing they both really share is horrible stealth. I think we'd make a great good cop bad cop duo
Wow, I didn't notice that. I was mostly just trying to make something as different from Phoenix as possible. I'd be down for the good cop/bad cop duo traveling the isles, beating up godslayers
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 am

Well Phoenix and Irene were very similar because of their classes, so that probably explains it :P

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:51 am

Dusk9 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:30 am Oh btw, you still want that Glue Cannon Izzy's got, right? Cause this market seems like a good place to sell it otherwise.
Yup still do if you're cool with that. Can offer you a Fletchling for it if you want a fire/flying type.
M0rtimer wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:28 am You already continued "further down" the hall to end up grabbing the athletics TM- From there on, yeah, it's a dead end.
Ah my bad. Will be back at the grate then trying to get into the entryless room.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:19 am

Synch wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:51 am
Dusk9 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:30 am Oh btw, you still want that Glue Cannon Izzy's got, right? Cause this market seems like a good place to sell it otherwise.
Yup still do if you're cool with that. Can offer you a Fletchling for it if you want a fire/flying type.
No thanks, think I'll just keep searching for a Charmander/Charizard instead. Bjorn can just owe Izzy a favour or whatever.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:20 am

About time. I was worried that I would go through the whole battle without hitting anything at this rate. Now, he has a chance.

Also, sorry for the bad formatting of links and things. I'm doing most of these on my phone, and it's hard enough making it as nice as it is

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:44 pm

It's fine, and that is Spinda's gimick is from the start most attacks only have a 50/50 chance of hitting, and then for every attack that misses, it just becomes slightly harder to hit.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:08 pm

I thought I was back in the game after my crit. I guess not. All things considered though, the Foongus worked just like I wanted it too, only taking a few points of damage each round, even with a super effective love on it.

Also, don't ask me why Bruce is suddenly speaking in red. I don't know.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Quick rules refresher: since Rythm just went, your Foongus can still make an attack before the end of the round. Then you can concede the Foongus at the start of the next round, at which point Rhythm would go before Scrap.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:53 pm

I just noticed something else...

team favors slow tanks / quick power hitters
:lol:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:56 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:25 pm Quick rules refresher: since Rythm just went, your Foongus can still make an attack before the end of the round. Then you can concede the Foongus at the start of the next round, at which point Rhythm would go before Scrap.
Sorry about the double post, but if we want to go that precise with the rules. Technically Foongus already attacked before conceding.
Irene's pokemon are faster, but because of the way posts are working at the moment Sam posted his attack first. Technically all of my posts have been "retroactive" i.e. Rythem's psybeam applied before foongus used ingrain, or Rythem technically used baton pass before being hit by water tail, but I didn't want to disrupt the flow of the posts with such a minor detail.
Also sorry about the delay, it's amazing what a slow day at work with coffee let's you comprehend what you previously missed :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:31 am

Vader, could I have a charm roll for Koa?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:21 am

So the main things I'm looking for regarding Held Items are;
- Evoilite for Ferroseed (DEF/SDEF)
- Eviolite for Joltik (SATK/SPD)
- Shell Bell
- Expert Belt

...except I probably can't afford any of these, even with the Junkyard discount (save maybe the Expert Belt) :lol:

Plus, I'm thinking Eviolite's are probably something you need custom work for? Since you need to specify not only a species, but also which stats are affected. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you could stumble across randomly, unless you got suuuuper lucky :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:07 am

Synch, pokemon aren't allowed in the maze.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:52 am

Synch wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:34 am Bjorn tries two options:

He first tries to release Pyre into the room so he can fly down and grasp the idol then recall Pyre holding the idol like its an Item.
He then tries using his abilities to freeze the screws and make them brittle so he can kick the vent out.

If both fail, Bjorn explores the last remaining section of the ventilation system (I think right, when I turned left toward the light?)
There's no pokemon available in the maze, but trying to freeze the screws may or may not work. Could you give me a roll of either survival or athletics?
Dusk9 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:21 am So the main things I'm looking for regarding Held Items are;
- Evoilite for Ferroseed (DEF/SDEF)
- Eviolite for Joltik (SATK/SPD)
- Shell Bell
- Expert Belt

...except I probably can't afford any of these, even with the Junkyard discount (save maybe the Expert Belt) :lol:

Plus, I'm thinking Eviolite's are probably something you need custom work for? Since you need to specify not only a species, but also which stats are affected. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you could stumble across randomly, unless you got suuuuper lucky :roll:
Eh, I don't think Eviolite should be something super hard to get... As long as you'd have the money for them, of course. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:00 am

Eviolite should not be pokemon based, at all. It's dumb. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:53 am

Eh, I can see why they made it like that. It's a super powerful item: +5/+5 stats is on par with evolution. If someone managed to get hold of one early (i.e. before most of their Pokemon evolved even once), then they could keep swapping it around their team however they want. About to fight the Fairy Gym? Stick it on your strongest Steel type. Dark Gym? Fighting or Bug type. Etc etc...

(Not that I'm gonna complain if Mort makes them easier to find :paranoia: )

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:11 am

M0rtimer wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:31 am Vader, could I have a charm roll for Koa?
Charm on Pokeball Seller: 2d6+2 = [4, 4] = 10

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:54 pm

Natrivv wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:56 am
SuperVaderMan wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:25 pm Quick rules refresher: since Rythm just went, your Foongus can still make an attack before the end of the round. Then you can concede the Foongus at the start of the next round, at which point Rhythm would go before Scrap.
Sorry about the double post, but if we want to go that precise with the rules. Technically Foongus already attacked before conceding.
Irene's pokemon are faster, but because of the way posts are working at the moment Sam posted his attack first. Technically all of my posts have been "retroactive" i.e. Rythem's psybeam applied before foongus used ingrain, or Rythem technically used baton pass before being hit by water tail, but I didn't want to disrupt the flow of the posts with such a minor detail.
Also sorry about the delay, it's amazing what a slow day at work with coffee let's you comprehend what you previously missed :lol:
Yeah, I noticed that sometime friday afternoon. Also, technically by the official rules a pokemon that has used Ingrain can't be recalled, so conceding the Foongus in general is against the rules. Unless I concede him but we just ignore him for the rest of the battle while he's just taking up space in the middle of the battle area, which would be kind of funny. I guess we could try to equalize them and just have Irene end him officially, but the risk seems too high.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:15 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:52 am There's no pokemon available in the maze, but trying to freeze the screws may or may not work. Could you give me a roll of either survival or athletics?
Bjorn Survival Check: 5D6 = [1, 1, 5, 5, 3] = 15

Bah, two 1s >:?
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Hey Sam scene moves need at least one turn between them, so you can change your action for the turn :)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Whoops. I think I made that mistake earlier with Giga drain, too. I'm definitely going to re-read the combat rules soon.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Natrivv wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:28 pmeven though Etoile acted posion applies damage at the end of the round, and from what I'm aware the pokeball provides stasis, so Etoile would take 7 damage when I release her if I don't get her treated first right?
You're thinking of the video games where the poison damage applies at the end of the round.

In PTU, poison damage procs immediately after taking a Standard action.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue May 01, 2018 2:49 pm

oh, am I misreading this text then?
If a Poisoned Target takes a
Standard Action or is prevented from taking a Standard
Action by an effect such as Sleep, Flinch, or Paralysis,
they lose a Tick of Hit Points at the end of that turn.
The way I read it is if target does this or this then at the end of that turn apply damage.
If it was suppose to be immiediate why didn't that write.
"A Poisoned target loses a tick of hit points when they take a standard action or at the end of the round if they were prevented from taking a standard action by an effect such as Sleep, Flinch, or Paralysis"
I'm fine applying the damage now, just curious :)