Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:05 am

Out of curiosity, what were some of the other effects you had in mind for the guitar?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with what I got. Just wondering what other directions it could have gone in.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:28 am

Instead of allowing it's attacks to be typeshifted to frost/fire, it could have granted some actual moves, either weaker ones that could be used more often or stronger ones that would be scene, but that would likely have come at the cost of weather manipulation. (Maybe it would have been only unlimited type changes if I found that too powerful) On the other end, it could have lost some of it's more direct combat functionality and become a full-fledged weather weapon.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:49 am

Man, so many people doing cool magic equipment forging and I'm just sitting here like, 'I wonder what would happen if we threw Alex in there.'

Also, should I take the Tinfoil Gospel book and the drone out of my inventory?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:07 am

Yeah, definitely happy with what I got then. It's a nice mix of offense, utility, and support. Arcanist synergies work best with Struggle and Weapon Moves, so losing the Fire/Ice moves isn't even a huge loss.

Only thing I'm missing is the Rain Dance / Hurricane synergy I was hoping for, but Maku can still learn Rain Dance later. Plus Sunny Day / Hail have plenty of synergy with Koa and Bjorn.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:29 am

Dlover wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:49 am Man, so many people doing cool magic equipment forging and I'm just sitting here like, 'I wonder what would happen if we threw Alex in there.'

Also, should I take the Tinfoil Gospel book and the drone out of my inventory?
Tinfoil gospel yes if Irene is owning it now, drone maybe only once Haley and Bruce fight to the death over it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:36 am

We've got the book's description in here pretty recently anyway, so it can be taken from there even if I'm removing it before it's in Irene's inventory.

Oh, right, I forgot I have some Honey, too. Who was it that makes snacks and such, Koa? Is that useful to you, Vader? It's basically just 100 bucks to me, since I'll never remember it when I want to charm a pokemon.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:55 am

Snce I have no idea what it'll change I'm not sure. Will it be more ultility or combat the higher it goes? I'm not likely to use the reroll again for quite some time. I just....don't see the point of holding onto it any longer.

...I'm hoping that she can at least use it. It'll suck putting this much atuff in for somthing she can't even use.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:16 am

I'll take it you'll use the reroll then.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 am

OH, I just realized- Burns, when you're saying "gun", did you mean the device you found in the League base that were described as being gun-shaped, or do you have another gun that's not on your sheet? What was it exactly if it's something else?

Because I don't think you guys ever properly figured out what it was, but it's definitely not an actual gun. You still want to use it in the alchemy thing?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 am

I thought you said it was a desert eagle and that it was a gun?

Oooh your talking about the scanner things. I forgot about those.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:23 am

Oh ok, all is in order then. I missed it and only saw the "scanner gun", and forgot about the deagle. All is in order!

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Regarding weapons, I had another idea that would probably come to Koa a bit more naturally: what about a Diancie-styled weapon? I'd still need some help from Drake to make this work, though, if he wants something in return :shifty:

Fairy Blade + Diancie's Ritual Gem + 1 Fairy Brace/Booster/Plate + 1 Rock Brace/Booster/Plate = ???

Also, would Diancie be able to get to the Temple in time for the alchemization process? She might be able to help.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:34 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:23 am Oh ok, all is in order then. I missed it and only saw the "scanner gun", and forgot about the deagle. All is in order!
Rhemilarity needs to tell us what it is and does.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:00 pm

I figured I lost my chance at a personalized perk, so I'm happy to get it! And it definitely fits Bruce.

Quick question about the drone. I know I don't have any class features allowing me to modify it, but I do have a really high tech edu roll. Would I be able to add to/modify the drone to a certain extent with it?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:35 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm Regarding weapons, I had another idea that would probably come to Koa a bit more naturally: what about a Diancie-styled weapon? I'd still need some help from Drake to make this work, though, if he wants something in return :shifty:

Fairy Blade + Diancie's Ritual Gem + 1 Fairy Brace/Booster/Plate + 1 Rock Brace/Booster/Plate = ???

Also, would Diancie be able to get to the Temple in time for the alchemization process? She might be able to help.
I'm gonna say getting Diancie to be there would be on very short notice, so probably not, unless you can give me a convincing enough argument.

Though if you really want to wait and get her input on that first, it wouldn't be the end of the world to wait, given the change that's going to happen soon. :shifty:
Arch Lich Burns wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:34 pm
M0rtimer wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:23 am Oh ok, all is in order then. I missed it and only saw the "scanner gun", and forgot about the deagle. All is in order!
Rhemilarity needs to tell us what it is and does.
Can always ask her IC :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:28 am

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:35 amI'm gonna say getting Diancie to be there would be on very short notice, so probably not, unless you can give me a convincing enough argument.
What, like, convince her in character? Or?
M0rtimer wrote:Though if you really want to wait and get her input on that first, it wouldn't be the end of the world to wait, given the change that's going to happen soon. :shifty:
I'm not sure what this means, either. Should I wait until your next post before doing anything?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:28 am
M0rtimer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:35 amI'm gonna say getting Diancie to be there would be on very short notice, so probably not, unless you can give me a convincing enough argument.
What, like, convince her in character? Or?
M0rtimer wrote:Though if you really want to wait and get her input on that first, it wouldn't be the end of the world to wait, given the change that's going to happen soon. :shifty:
I'm not sure what this means, either. Should I wait until your next post before doing anything?
Mostly just any way things could have been arranged in that there'd still be enough time for her to do the long trek to get to the temple. I think Koa could convince her to come over if he asks nicely enough. :roll:

As for the other thing... Next post is gonna clarify things but the short of it is, yeah, I'm making the book spells daily :roll:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 am

So a bit delayed but I would be fine helping Koa with anything if my inventory allows it. We have a rock plate in the communal loot and if I can create an ATT boost I will. On my way to work so not sure what I got or need to make it

Given the new edge for Drake, I think a planter would be a nice recompense :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 am

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 amMostly just any way things could have been arranged in that there'd still be enough time for her to do the long trek to get to the temple. I think Koa could convince her to come over if he asks nicely enough. :roll:
It was almost immediately after the teleportation that Koa asked Spark to contact her. And given the way the temple was asking for the box, it sounded like something she would want to check on herself.

We could also retcon it so that I remembered to Koa thought to call her ahead of time :roll: This box is pretty important.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:14 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 am
M0rtimer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 amMostly just any way things could have been arranged in that there'd still be enough time for her to do the long trek to get to the temple. I think Koa could convince her to come over if he asks nicely enough. :roll:
It was almost immediately after the teleportation that Koa asked Spark to contact her. And given the way the temple was asking for the box, it sounded like something she would want to check on herself.

We could also retcon it so that I remembered to Koa thought to call her ahead of time :roll: This box is pretty important.
Hmm... Give me a d20 roll, I'll allow it if you roll 11 or higher. :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Can Diancie make it to the temple: 1d20 = [6] = 6

RIP. Idk if I just wanna wait until "tomorrow" then :shrug:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Your choice! One day in game time will be quite a while irl, but it won't be the end of the world like a week would have been... Hopefully. Might get some more cool stuff to make it the best it could be in that timespan..?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Yeah, and having Diancie's personal blessing on an item intended to be evocative of her is too good to pass up (even if it ends up not doing anything).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:25 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 am I think Koa could convince her to come over if he asks nicely enough. :roll:
"Hey, come over, my parents aren't home"? :P
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:39 pm

I barely resisted the tempation to use the :Eyebrows: smiley instead, yes.