Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Thu May 06, 2021 6:13 pm

Charm: 6D6+2 = [1, 1, 1, 6, 3, 3]+2 = 17
What a roll.

And yeah, it would probably get Alex into some trouble, but it would also give him more fuel to slap them with, in that they would have to resort to being barbaric and violent.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat May 08, 2021 3:08 am

...Why does Haley need to do a charm roll? Alex is the charming one

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 08, 2021 5:34 am

Because the DM asks you to make one.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat May 08, 2021 7:37 am

...what for though?

url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=249145]_: 2D6 = [3, 5] = 8
[/url]

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 11, 2021 4:12 pm

I included a "suggested action" this time around, and will probably do something along the line of "suggested actions" in the future. Keep in mind it's never meant to be a singular/binary choice.

And I suppose it's fair to say. Yes, if no one had spoken up to Luna and the charm rolls hadn't hit high enough, Luna would have martyred herself.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Sorry for not posting anything in a bit, I just couldn't really think of anything to post beyond "yeah we can continue on." I don't think there's anything else to be doing at this moment?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 pm

If you don't believe so, then that can be confirmed and I'll take things from there. :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 17, 2021 5:08 pm

Yeah, I've got nothing.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Interesting that Goser and crew didn't seem to question Tex trying to get the airship back up and running, or were interested in the ship at all. So I would assume they either see no value in it, or they don't consider it much of a threat. Foreboding. :shifty:

Is Drake hanging out with Tex? Just out of curiosity.

And I have no objections to following Alex' lead!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 25, 2021 10:42 pm

@Burns, with talking about the bug I assume Haley is presuming that they have a bugged piece of equipment somewhere that allowed Goser to find them in the first place?
SuperVaderMan wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:24 pm Is Drake hanging out with Tex? Just out of curiosity.
Yes, (well, depending on your definition of hanging out, he spends more time with Numa) though it's mentioned only off-hand that Hopper managed to warn them to stay hidden while all this was happening (and not at all that they used illusions to do so.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 26, 2021 6:03 am

I'm guessing the God Slayers' main focus was on looking the for bug core which we'd already removed in the past, and didn't look too thoroughly at anything unrelated.
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed May 26, 2021 6:33 am

Yes, because it was hidden and we dodn’t see godslayers on our way there. Haley would lilely have saw them woth her super sight.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:21 am

Assuming there's no protest, Haley could try and get in the box without triggering the alarm. I'd ask for a fitting roll though, sounds like tech edu for this?

As for what Alex posted, you totally could just lie about what happened, I'd just request to what extent. Truthful about everything, except don't mention anything about the core/ship?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:22 am

Gotta make it believable... Which honestly, Alex should know how to do better than myself. I would want to avoid mention of the core or ship, but you'd have to provide information so that it's still believable. So like... We'd have to include that there was an AI and that it had worked out the Overseer's true name (But obviously not write what it is), and that the name being revealed resulted in chaos, but not that we took the core out. Include that there was a fight with Tex, but not that he stuck around afterward to fix up the airship. Uuh... Yeah that would be all to leave out on the part of our group going, I guess?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:35 am

Actually... Let's make a checklist, and you tell me what you will, won't tell:

-General experiment rooms
-Colress info
-Link cable cursory examination
-Unown room
-The (glitched) stone tablet
-Private rooms (their living quarters)
-The main computer
-The AI
-Genesect
-Putting the AI in Genesect
-Main computer destruction
-Bug box

(Am I missing stuff? Probably.)

That's assuming you guys go with lying, that is, so far it's one vote on just trying to disable the transmitter and the other just lying about the details.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:56 am

How about disavle transmitter and if that don’t work, lie about details?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:35 am

If we end up lying, we oughta make sure we at least tell them about the stuff they already know about so they don't immediately know we're leaving stuff out. Even then we could skimp on details.

I'm all for just ignoring the whole thing altogether and leaving, but following that I'd be up for disabling the transmitter. The less we humor Goser the better imo.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:40 pm

Our characters don't remember anything noteworthy with the stone tablet anyway. Only things we'd want to avoid is Genesect, the Bug box, and the airship repairs. If we *can* disable the transmitter then sure, but planning ahead.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:04 am

Everyone seems to have a different opinion so far, but it seems like things lean slightly more toward at least trying to make it seem like Goser has been refused while still benefiting from whatever info he shared by disabling the (presumably) warning mechanism. Keep in mind that it was mentioned there's at the very least a hacktool in there. It'd be a bit hard to take it and still keep up the act.

But keeping that little caveat in mind, Haley can give me an tech edu roll (or a different one, if you can justify why) and then we'll see the results.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:29 pm

tech: 6D6+1 = [5, 2, 6, 4, 2, 5]+1 = 25

Who needs a hack tool when you have a tech god and a pokedex? :P Also if sparky helps with the dismantling, whatever he adds.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:42 pm

M0rtimer wrote:And finally, though Goser's documentation mentions that it likely is unnecessary information, there is a third person they might want to watch out for. "Thirteen" as he is called, which at first glance seems to be another one of the Eulers, though this one has changed up his appearance some. The notes remark that while every clone shows some "deviation" from the base, he is exceptionally so, and should not be treated as another grunt, should the trainers encounter them. However, it also notes that Thirteen is showing signs he may defect... So barring that they accidentally stumble on them or hunt them out, it's entirely possible that they won't even come looking for them while the rest of the base is barreling down on them.
Oh neat, it's this guy from forever ago.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:10 pm

It is! I wasn't expecting anyone to still remember that. I wasn't even sure if I ever mentioned the guy before this moment

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:05 pm

Also forgot to mention it in the update, but I presume it will not matter: Goser's instructions for doing your part of the deal is that he'd have you steal a marked box in one of the storage places, even encouraging the trainers to steal some other stuff so it doesn't seem like they took it specifically. Box in question should contain various Godslayer mechanical parts. He also requested to try and refrain from using lethal force.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:18 pm

I forget, what did Grimm even offer to help with, that we could seek him out for? I don't even remember him saying he'd be going to Hamachi.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:00 pm

Ah, right, I suppose that wasn't clarified/missed on my part.

He'd have picked up contact again at some point, and let know that for now he is still on board with your plan, offering to help with whatever the plan is at Hamachi. In turn his original offer still stands, though, that if no other useful information is found in that base that can be used to get them a better track, that they try his plan.