Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 am

M0rtimer wrote:We've been over this before, Burns- I might be a bit heavy-handed in my use of non-RAW applications from time to time, but I make sure to keep it fair enough to still be an acceptable challenge.

Haha just joking I am totally going to kill all of you and making every enemy OP is the best way to do that.
I knew it! I knew you were after us! :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Going to finish the update tomorrow... Burns, you still haven't specified what you'll actually try and disable given potential status effects.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 pm

I will try to make the nearest bot vulerable for a round.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:17 am

M0rtimer wrote:Haha just joking I am totally going to kill all of you and making every enemy OP is the best way to do that.
You're doing an absolutely awful job of it. I should know. :p
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Soooo, how do we get god auras like Numa has?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm placing my bets on getting all their gifts. Or maybe just a significant number. Having them changes what your aura's like, right? Starts showing traces of your patron? Or at least, that's true with Koa, so probably with others. Stands to reason that once your aura gets enough god-influence on it, it act like a god aura.

But I feel like Numa saying Alex's aura changed is a different thing. If nothing else, we need to win this fight so that we can know what she means, given she's the only one to see Alex's aura in both states.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:Hey Theis, I wanted to ask for a couple items from Drake before taking the challenge. I wasn't sure if you wanted to RP that, and if not I'll just list them out here.

Koa wants:
- a Big Mushroom
- a Flying Brace
- a Ground Brace
- a Fire Brace
- a Dark Brace

Let me know if you can't make any of those or don't want to.
A bit late, but Koa can borrow all of this from Drake and I guess Izzy could too as I doubt you get in at the same time :P
She's at least able to borrow the extra dark brace and some of the other braces Drake got on him :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:48 am

Extra Dark Brace only is fine. Only wanted some extra defence for Nate, since he's weak to Dark attacks.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 am

I've had some free time, so...

hey maybe one day I'll even manage to make a full map. Probably not

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 pm

So... Church-like building is the temple, the hut is the underground facility, the tree is the tree of life, and the factory is...? Or is the factory the facility and the hut...?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 am

Oh I just added the factory to indicate another landmark that's only been mentioned, not visited- It's Murkoff's city dam. The camp is indeed the hidden base.

Also combat update probably later today... Bjorn's current move is invalid though, I'm afraid- Pass moves can only be used a max of four meters. He could use the same move on hopper + the juffplum bot if he wants to stick to it, though?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:03 pm

He did use it for the max 4 though. It doesn't have to be at the beginning of the movement to start it. Voltorb and hoppip is 4 m. Though tex/hopper/jumpluff would be a better target :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:04 pm

Except your shift ends at the end of your four meters, and you have to end your shift in an empty square.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:48 pm

The empty square part is probably what's throwing it off.

Also, hitting Tex wouldn't really help all that much. He's KO'd, all hitting him can do is attempt to kill him.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:47 am

Bugger, don't know why I thought it was the same as your movement again, thought I had 6m to play with. :sulk:

I don't see how I can hit both hopper and jumpluff in a diagonal movement, but happy to do that instead. With ice punch to be used on hopper if up, or else jumpluff.

And if we work out that doesn't work either, I'll do the horn attack pass through the voltorb, stop short before the hoppip then ice punch it.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:20 am

No need to hit them diagonal- Just move diagonal, then pass through them horizontally. The one thing about pass moves seems to be that the four meter.

Also Dlover, to "answer" your IC question: I'll remark nothing besides say you should look what capabilities a pokebot can actually attain.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 am

Bah, that required reading, and pokebots are confusing. As far as I can tell, really, I guess Hopper's bot has the Reinforced Steel material, making it effectively Steel Type? Since nothing else gives resistance to ice. Which basically just confirms by guess but also explains how it happened... Oh god, Alex is slapping reinforced steel. Which is super effective somehow, but still, it's going to go badly for everyone.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:54 am

(It's probably a good idea to stick exclusively to Ground and Fire Moves against Pokebots, if you don't already know they are/aren't made from Reinforced Steel. Since they both hit super-effectively regardless. Assuming you have access to either of those types, that is :roll: )

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:24 am

Yeah, I'd be happy to be using fire, if my pokemon with (damaging) fire moves weren't KO'd or on 2hp. Turns out having two boss fights in a row while being too cheap to use healing items is kind of inhibitive. :p
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:36 am

Fair enough :lol:

It's not like I'd be much use either - I've got 11 Pokemon in my team, but only 2 know Ground Moves, and 0 Fire (or 1 Fire, if you count Izzy's Blaster) :roll:

(Don't forget that you can use healing items on your 'mons in their Pokeballs, though. Might be worth doing if you feel things are going south and need some extra help.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:44 am

:O You can do that? Cool. Though I'd have to use all my healing items to get my conscious fire move user active... Or I thought I would, but the sheet lists her at 52hp?

And now I've looked back through my revision history, and I'm a goddamn idiot. I used an item to heal her for 50hp. I've been thinking that she's at 2hp this entire time after healing her. >.< Well, I'll have fire moves happening next turn.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:07 am

I'm pretty sure you can? I've always thought of it as one of those unspoken rules, since it's possible in the video games. Mort might have different ideas on it, though.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am

I have no strong opinions one way or the other.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:19 am

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:43 am

That's what I was going for, except I was on mobile and I got a word wrong. :roll: