Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:22 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:12 am It was an "oh no you got abducted by aliens" joke that carried absolutely no negative consequences. Chill.
Loosing player agency, loosing potential exp are what I consider to be negative consequences.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:22 pm
M0rtimer wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:12 am It was an "oh no you got abducted by aliens" joke that carried absolutely no negative consequences. Chill.
Loosing player agency, loosing potential exp are what I consider to be negative consequences.
And... When did anything like that happen..? Because I don't see how it applies to pulling a little joke when the alternative was them just leaving.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:13 pm

How could you know that when you didn't give them a chance? Elgyem doesn't have access to teleport asides from breeding, and you don't give random mons those sort of moves.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 am

Some questions!

Can Koa make an Intuition check to see if the Summoner's going to keep her word?

Is Koa in range for a Rock Slide on the Glalie or Fearow?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:13 am

Yes and yes.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:16 am

Intuition on Summoner: 5d6+4 = [6, 6, 4, 4, 4] = 28

Koa gets a hard read on her, if not through her face then through her body language :shifty:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:14 am

Also would the Commander change his pokemon's action if I had Makeno delay his turn until the Commander goes, and then Makeno declares Revenge instead of attacking the Sigilyph?

Makeno won't get all his stat boosts since he'll have to Shift into range to attack, rather than spending his Shift to eat the Big Mushroom. Still, it'd be better than taking out the Sigilyph if it's not going to do anything.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:18 am

She's kinda panicking, but seems to realize that trying to run off would probably be much worse at this point... So, barring that you guys don't do anything stupid like give her staff back and set her right next to the door then ask her to not do anything for a second while you tie your shoelaces, she shouldn't try anything funny.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:33 am

I guess you can ignore my second question, either the Commander will change his action in response to a Revenge or he won't, I can't really know either way.

What about a Slash, though? Are he or his pokemon in range of a Pass attack, 2 of them, immediately after letting them out?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 am

Ah yeah, sorry, forgot to actually answer the question :P

But nah, his action probably wouldn't be different. He'd want Lonaki off him, first. As for being able to hit both with a slash... The dice say "yes", apparently.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Did we ever reach a decision on whether Leech Seed disappears once the user is KO'd? I remember it coming up ages ago, but I think our decision at the time was "Well it doesn't work that way in the video games, sooooo.....no? I guess?".

In which case, how do trainers get rid of it? Since they can't be recalled.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:21 pm

Hey Mort, can I get a quick Initiative check against the Fearow (and Sigilyph)?

Initiative roll - Makeno vs. Fearow (and Sigilyph): 1d20 = [4] = 4

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 pm

I guess... At the end of the battle? That might be a bit meta, but... :shrug:

On the other hand that'd make it way too easy for trainers to become easy targets for the move, so... Maybe it should be a full action, once the pokemon that used it gets ko'd..?

Vader-

Fearow/Sigilyph: 1D20 = [7] = 7
1D20 = [16] = 16

So, both would be faster.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:31 pm

We could make it part of the Take a Breather action, but only for Trainers? Say that they spend a turn picking off the seeds, but Pokemon aren't dextrous enough to do it?

(I'm considering having Izzy intercept the Leech Seed for Kay, but wanted to know how to cure her of it first :P )

Also, repeating my question from the other thread: which of the bad guys are next to each other for Kay's Air Cutter?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:31 am

Yeah, take a breather would make sense.

As for bad guys next to each other... pawniard and the collector, yeah, OR collector and suspicious guy. Also Betty and bronzong (I mean, if you WANT to attack Betty. Cue this). That's all I think, since the arena is big enough to have people spread up otherwise, even with how big the current initiative list is. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:23 am

Aww, no convenient 3-in-a-rows? :lol:

Okay, Collector and Mr Suspicious it is. At least they probably won't have the evasion to dodge it.

Oh, and new question: what happens when you Take A Breather while mounted?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:18 am

Hmm, a bit of an edge case... I guess it would be similar as to when you "help" someone else take a breather? So you can take a breather while staying mounted, but you and your pokemon would need to shift away as far as possible (using whoever movement is lowest)? Would probably inadvertently mean for the pokemon to be unable to attack, because range. Alternatively, you'd have to dismount to do it.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:12 am

I'd say...need to dismout first.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:31 am

I think saying it counts as an assist sounds fair. So both the Trainer and Mount would be Tripped after shifting away. Dismounting would technically be better in that case *unless you have another Pokemon out already), since your mount wouldn't lose its Shift actions for 2 turns.

Either way I've decided to let Kay keep the Leech Seed. She'll probably be able to withstand it better than Izzy would :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 am

Suggestion for Bruce's turn if Sam can't get on:

Bruce delays so Rawku goes before him. Rawku moves in and tries to Rock Blast the Fearow, then Bruce tries to Glare at the Fearow if it's still up.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 pm

M0rtimer wrote:May or may not have only just realized that glalie evolves at lvl 40 :shifty:
Actually if you look at Snorunt's sheet, it evolves at 30 now, they just forgot to change in on Glalie's and Froslass' sheets. You're fine :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:19 pm Eeerrr. There is a way to collect spider silk. Science can't replicate silk without spiders. I think that's what you are thinking of.

Someone collecting spider silk with bare hands. So Haley will slowly collect silk going twords the idol. She might not be able to clean it properly but she may be able to get a lot if it's as think as you say.
Huh, TIL. Yeah Haley can try and gather some up then, but it should be noted that it'd be stickier than in real life, and there's a whole bunch of spiders that don't like their webs to be touched...

(But technically yeah barring anything happening and enough time there'd be enough to open a spider rope store)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:26 pm

She'll collect the abondened stuff and the stuff that gets on her. She'll try not to bother them too much. But if its sticker then that's good! Gives me a chance to try my idea.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Gym leader dude probably spent a lot of time collecting all those spiders and webs, you know? But collecting it is better than a fire person panicking and setting it all on fire. :p
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:52 pm

The dancer starts off the round, now... Oh god, no- She's... Cheering..!

You're all doomed.
I think I might have made an impression :lol: