Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:27 am

Everyone on the top floor is just looking to get toward the stairs down, or?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:14 pm

So I'm gonna be sending out Rawku to Drill Run that poor numel, and it doesn't look like Koa or Magnus will be able to get into range of the rest of the baddies. I noticed that Regigigas has Groundshaper, though... so would it be possible for Magnus to set up some rough terrain for Koa to hide behind with his Stealth capability? :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:15 pm

Probably, if Koa can convince Magnus to do it. :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:26 pm

That's the tricky part. Magnus would have to clue Koa in first, since in-game Koa has no idea what Magnus is or what he's capable of :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:35 pm

You HAVE seen Magnus do some minor ground manipulation yet, though it's mostly been to tear up rock for him to use, not actually using the groundshaper capability yet.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:37 pm

Considering Koa himself has done the whole thing of ripping rocks out of the ground to throw, not all that impressive. :P
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:57 am

Alex is waiting for his turn to be closer I presume? I'll take an action for Bjorn

I'm also assuming everyone upstairs is sprinting to the staircase down.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:30 am

Yeah, with all the chaos going on it's probably still better for me to just wait, unless it somehow ends up in a situation where I'm just sprinting to get in range again.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:41 am

Izzy is just charging the stairs for now, yeah. She should get there this turn.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Bruce is also running for the stairs after Izzy, though not quite as quickly.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:16 pm

No, Irene is busy trying to be a link cable between super computers, but Eevee is running with the group

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:58 pm

Update has been completed up till Alex. :)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:13 pm

I will now use the option to wait until Koa's initiative to take my turn :cheer:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Things change so much in big battles like these, it gets to confusing not to.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:09 am

Is Izzy's Air Cutter still Disabled? Or did that drop when the Duskull was captured?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:04 pm

Update currently paused on Lonaki - Vader, do you want him to act or will you be using a different pokemon?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:53 pm

Koa fully recalled him and sent out Rawku as his Standard last turn

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:40 pm

Oops, my bad.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:46 am

I have come to realize I will need a substitute action for Bjorn and Grunt, though. :roll:

edit: put placeholders for now, are now on Koa's turn.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:54 am

Fixed the previous update, because I'm a big dum dum.

And current update paused on Alex. :)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:30 am

Guns do injuries on crit, don't they? So could Koa use up one of the Lucky charges to negate it?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:37 am

Well, it's more like a certain accuracy range will trigger the injury effect, but... Yes, I think I'll allow it. This wasn't a crit though (a 19), so you'd just be negating the injury, not reducing damage.

(Though now I can't recall if the deadly effect was meant to extend the crit range, or if it was only the injuries...)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:50 am

As far as I can tell, [DEADLY] weapons only give additional injuries on crit, they're not two separate AC ranges. You extend both ranges with the homebrew Gun Training Edge.

Rules here for reference.

Which also means a 19 wouldn't crit + injure anyway, unless this mook has the training for it.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:39 pm

This is what I get for not properly documenting my own frigging homebrew :roll: I think I internally mixed up the training as being innate, while it's not.

I'll have to adjust some things on the backend so I don't forget again. Given the classes these grunts have though, I think it's a safe bet to say this training applies. So, question would be, does lucky still remove the injury or not when it's not a crit..? Current inclination is yes, though it's very situational.

Honestly though, rereading it I'm just thinking of redoing the training and making it simpler. As in...

Gun Training
Prerequisites: adept combat
static
Effect: When using weapons with the [DEADLY] tag, apply the following. +1 To DB and Acc, +2 to crit hit range. Guns only jam on a natural roll of 1.

(I'm also thinking there should be an edge that does the same thing, essentially.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Decoded the overseer speak.
YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME, ORACLE.

THE RITUAL IS DESTABILIZING.

IT WILL SADDEN ME TO REQUIRE A SACRIFICE OF MY DEAREST CHILDREN.
My game:

My characters: