Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:27 pm

Should be gone now :lol:
SuperVaderMan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:40 am I'm not really interested in any of the new pokemon for Koa, specifically, even if I consider Falinks to be the best boys and I love them.
Rolycoly -> Carkol -> Coalossal are kinda cool and relevant to Koa's theme, but I guess you've got plenty of Fire/Rock coverage already.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Technically they're on-brand, yes, it's just unfortunate that I think Carkol and Coalossal are both ugly as sin :lol:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:10 pm

Fair enough :lol:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Coalossal should have been a train. It would have been much better than....A ryperior clone?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:11 pm

What about the new wheezing though? :P

Also Dusk, just curious... If you go to you roll20 homepage, how many hours do you have now? :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:07 pm

Everyone knows the true best pokemon is Sirfetch'd. Though the existence of a pokemon called "Indeedee" amuses me. There must be so many "Yes indeedee" jokes.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:10 pm

I guess I should make note of what all changes happened to Koa and his pokemon.

Koa gains 1 level, and gains Adept Focus.

His pokemon gain the following + stats;
Analo (Chimecho): Lv25 (+3 levels).
Naolhi (Combee): Lv25 (+10 levels), learns the Teamwork Ability.
Mali (Drilbur): Lv25 (+3 levels).
Nima (Axew): Lv25 (+5 levels), learns False Swipe.
Haune (Vanillite): Lv25 (+5 levels), learns Taunt.
Sneasel (Unnamed): Lv25 (+7 levels), learns Metal Claw, Hone Claws, and the Pickpocket Ability.
Loto (Skiploom): Lv25 (+5 levels), learns Leech Seed

And again, all his other pokemon meet or exceed the level 30+ thresholds.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:18 pm

Hey sorry for disappearing, yet again... My work schedule changed dramatically, in addition to taking some exams, so chaos. Posting from mobile instead of a proper computer.

A bit late, but I support what's been decided.

I'll be able to sit down at my computer Thursday to update Irene

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I should mention that Irene is now aware of

"First, will be, that for every yin you create, you shall create a yang. For every good, an evil. For every boon, a curse. For every virtue, a sin."

"Secondly, all starts from nothing, and eventually, all shall return to nothing."

In character and the MissingNo have been created because those rules were broken.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:31 pm

It's okay natrivv. And synch too, who I forgot to reply to. Glad to hear you're both doing fine. :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:32 pm

On which note,for myself. Apologies for the slow updates! These weeks have been crunch, and it is likely to be another week before its fully over...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:59 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:31 pm It's okay natrivv. And synch too, who I forgot to reply to. Glad to hear you're both doing fine. :)
Yeah much better place now.

Sorry, I'm reading back and trying to work out exactly what I need to do to get Bjorn and mons up to date. Can anyone clarify? Bjorn will now be level 14, or 15? And I'm levelling my mons to: 1 lvl 40, 2 lvl 35, 3 lvl 30, All others 25?
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:07 pm

Yep! All trainers are now level 14, and your pokemon are at least those levels (as in, if you already have pokemon that meet or exceed those thresholds, then that counts).

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:03 am

Bjorn is now Rank 14. He gains Traveler edge and Winter's Herald Rank 2 feature, learning Blizzard and Icicle Spear.
He gains +1 SPD and +1 ATK.

Grunt reaches level 40, he learns the moves Earthquake and Flail, and gains the Ice Body ability. He can now evolve.
Pyre reaches level 35, no new moves or abilities. He can now evolve.
Tank reaches level 35, she learns the move Drill Run.
Wraith reaches level 30, she learns the moves Ice Fang and Headbutt.

Dote was already level 31, and Sneak was already level 30.
All other pokemon reach level 25. Heaps of abilities gained and stats changes for these mons.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:09 am

(Does Mathias starting to look like Koa’s ultra beast or something else?? Can I roll poke edu for this or is it another check?)
Not like any Pokemon, no. At least none that you'd know. But I'll just give a minor spoiler in that he's starting to resemble these guys: https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... 5ac58e.jpg

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:03 pm

And another player coming back from the dead! I remember being all proud and happy that I actually responded in a timely manner the last time I posted, and then I disappeared for two months. Been going through some personal stuff, but things are calming down now. I'm hoping to have the time/mental energy to post more often. If I'm really disciplined I might even be able to start up the D&D game I let die a while back!

I'll start leveling up my pokemon and Bruce, thought it might be a couple days before I have it finished. I know I had a level progression plan for Bruce, but that was about 4 years and two laptops ago, so it might take me a bit to find it.

As for the Gen 8 pokemon, if M0rt will let me have an Eternatus I'm all for it. Otherwise I don't see too many pokemon that are must-haves.

Leveling is done. Bruce gains the Feat "Playing God" and the Edge "Skill Enhancement" for Intimidation and Pokemon Education. Tops has risen to Level 40, Scraps and Aggy have risen to level 35.

I do hope I can get some tutor time with Dlover soon. All Tops needs to be able to evolve is to learn Dragon Pulse. All my other pokemon (with the exception of Crobat) are eligible to evolve. Any pokemon that I can now create (Castform, Grimer, Koffing, Magnemite, Porygon, Solosis, Trubbish, or Voltorb), I'll do so, though you have to cover the cost. I can also up the stats, make it shiny, and/or give it an egg/tutor move to make it more valuable. If nobody wants one, then Bruce is about to be making some money!!
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:51 pm

I have to wonder whether Koa threw Mort for a loop with this most recent post, or if it was expected and being able to pick apart Grimm's speculations is Koa's reward for paying attention to the lore. :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:37 pm

Mostly I've been having some busy weeks again. :P

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:39 pm

...I am konda wondering of at this point if Grimm themself would be considered as a missingno/very minor god? Espessially considering that ...Spark I think it was said that we maybe unable to catch him due to how powerful he is. He also has the unown gliphs on him, which the gliphs seem to be tied to the temples/gods in one way or another....

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Grimm's thoughts didn't really make sense even without knowing the lore, considering it basically sums up to "Giratina sent someone to our world so that they could weaken the barrier enough for Giratina to send someone to our world to weaken the barrier enough for Giratina to-"

I mean, he only gave the loop once, but it's still recursive logic, to have influenced our world to weaken the barrier enough to influence our world.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:52 am

So things taking longer then I thought, but got Irene levelled up to 14.
Got Master Charm, Expert occult, and expert, guile edges
The Keep fighting feature allowing the denial of death twice daily.
+2 HP and + 1 speed

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Gonna be honest, I'm losing interest in this conversation. There was all this build-up to Grimm and his plan, but it turns out his plan was only half-baked and, now that we know he's been lacking a lot of critical information, it's completely fallen apart. So now we're basically being prompted to cook up a plan on our own, on the spot, or else he's gonna go through with his plan that sucks.

I can do that, of course. It's just rough with the lack of information. And I gotta summon the energy to do it, hence my lack of posts recently :zzz:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:11 pm

To be fair to Grimm, he probably had a decent plan worked out until you came at him with some facts and logic he didn't know yet. :P

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:19 pm

Well considering His track record of ‘brilliant plans’ failing both times, I don’t think his plan would go any different.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:41 pm

To be fair to him, the reason his plans have failed, every time, has been us. Clearly we're just such powerful beings that no plans can stand against our influence. Even Mort's. Now watch as we ruin everything by going off to win all the gym badges in a grand montage and eventually become demon hunters with big guns.
My game:

My characters: