UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:20 pm

How about we don’t trust him with it?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:32 pm

Burns, Willow would be... About halfway to the stairwell now? Also if we're ruling that stratagems expire when the trainer gets knocked out, I'm going to need to have you start rolling to see if harvest expires...

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:32 pm

Yeah, Izzy probably wouldn't trust him much either. But mentioning that we have easy access to it might make him hold off on dropping the hostages, at least.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:10 pm

Hmm... how about willow becoming tanagbile and invisibile this turn and not waste the berry just yet?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:14 pm

Definitely possible. Keep in mind she would only get a +3 bonus to evasion however.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:46 pm

....But if we didn’t know where the ghosts where while they were invisible how are they going to find willow? You didn’t give us any indication that we could after the first ones popped up.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:58 pm

Dusk9 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:05 pm Any reason why we don't want to give Grimm the Bug artifact? From the sounds of things he doesn't particularly care which one he gets, after all.

And even if we don't want to go along with his plan in the long run, knowing that we have access to one should at the very least disrupt things enough to help rescue the hostages.
Those aren't what he wants. He said it has to be a specific temple. That's why Alex mentioned that there are places others have got into and specifically spoke about Plasma's airship before asking if it had to be specific places. Since he said it did have to be a certain one, it's not the cores he wants.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:36 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:46 pm ....But if we didn’t know where the ghosts where while they were invisible how are they going to find willow? You didn’t give us any indication that we could after the first ones popped up.
I mean, that's what I originally argued myself. RAW says invisibility only gives +3 to evasion, and I figured that meant you could still see traces of invisible Pokemon, it was just hard. You guys argued that invisible is invisible and you shouldn't be able to see invisible pokemon outside of combat. But that leaves us with situations like this in combat where RAW does clearly say it's only a +3 bonus :shrug:. Probably a matter of they know WHERE they went invisible, so they can then keep track of it..?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:06 am

Oh, right! There was still the matter of dexp... It's off track from the current discussion, but thoughts on that:

Non-compiled: Ignore the current dex completion and just use misc exp to bring everyone up to match the current leader's level and how far they are from the next level when counting up their extra misc exp and dexp. That way the numbers will be different, but there will be no changes to the dex completions and everyone will be at the same level, and will level up at the same time in the future. From that point on, when anyone gets a new dex entry, everyone gets it, and if someone already had that entry before they get a point of misc exp to keep everything balanced.

Compiled: Make a note of the current leader's total of dexp and misc exp. Compile everyone's dex entries together, so everyone's is the same. Subtract misc exp from each person (even going into the negatives if necessary) until the total matches the initial number from the leader.

Non-compiled is probably easier to start, since it doesn't require going through everyone's sheet to check everything initially. On the other hand, if we go with the Compiled option, it will take some setup (I can honestly probably do it in under an hour if I don't get distracted), and after that everyone should have the same numbers for their dexp and misc exp. That way if anyone drops behind we can easily look at it and say "you didn't add a pokemon" or "you didn't add a misc exp." Knowing that, we can avoid someone missing that someone else has added a pokemon to our dex and aiming to catch it for that purpose.

TLDR: Non-compiled option is easy setup to match our levels, but requires some work to keep it all straight afterwards. Compiled option takes some work on setup, but is easy to keep straight afterwards.
If we go with compiled, I'm willing to take the time to go through everything and set it all up.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:49 am

M0rtimer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:36 am
Arch Lich Burns wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:46 pm ....But if we didn’t know where the ghosts where while they were invisible how are they going to find willow? You didn’t give us any indication that we could after the first ones popped up.
I mean, that's what I originally argued myself. RAW says invisibility only gives +3 to evasion, and I figured that meant you could still see traces of invisible Pokemon, it was just hard. You guys argued that invisible is invisible and you shouldn't be able to see invisible pokemon outside of combat. But that leaves us with situations like this in combat where RAW does clearly say it's only a +3 bonus :shrug:. Probably a matter of they know WHERE they went invisible, so they can then keep track of it..?
If there were traces that could have been seen and only leave a +3 evasion, then we should have gotten a per check to see the other mons that were invisible, and invisibilty should probably grant maybe +5 to stealth checks when not in combat. They initiated combat and thus should have allowed us to attempt to see the remaining ones. That option was not given to us when they did the first attack (hypnosis by gastly and gengar when it tripped Haley). They were in combat by being present in the same room as the attack and is shown to be the case as they paralyzed a mon and attacked Willow and others.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:52 am

Not disagreeing, but a bit late for that now.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:14 am

Dlover wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:58 pm
Dusk9 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:05 pm Any reason why we don't want to give Grimm the Bug artifact? From the sounds of things he doesn't particularly care which one he gets, after all.

And even if we don't want to go along with his plan in the long run, knowing that we have access to one should at the very least disrupt things enough to help rescue the hostages.
Those aren't what he wants. He said it has to be a specific temple. That's why Alex mentioned that there are places others have got into and specifically spoke about Plasma's airship before asking if it had to be specific places. Since he said it did have to be a certain one, it's not the cores he wants.
Nope, you misread. Grimm said it doesn't need to be specific.
Grimm wrote:~Indeed, quite correct. No, it needs not be specific, but any that are left would be almost suicide to try and approach. If they were not, the Godslayers would already have gotten to them, no doubt.~
The problem, from Grimm and Magnus' perspective, is that the only artifacts they know the location of are on lockdown within a temple. They don't realise that we have easy access to both the Fairy temple and Bug artifact.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:43 am

Well, that's the problem for Grimm at least. Magnus seems to have stated that he could enter the temples without risk, but doesn't want to do that.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:04 pm

The potency of Pokejobs would be fairly easy to control. You could just say "No jobs posted" or perhaps change the amount of exp gain because of the "difficulty" of the job. And it's less random than something relying on catching pokemon, which can cost a lot of money, and is very luck based at times.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:39 am

It's also something Alex's pokemon could actually do, considering how rarely he wins fights.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am

Neat, there are new Regis in the latest Pokemon Direct

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:25 am

Hey cool, now I don't have to pull a design out of my ass for... What is clearly an electric regi, and, dark..?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:24 am

Looks more like Dragon rather than Dark

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:21 pm

Actually, crazy idea. What if it's actually FAIRY and dark? That seems like it would make a lot more sense to put in one and the same temple than electric and dark/dragon... That, and their color schemes seem to vaguely resemble xerneas/yveltal... With most notably, their eyes having X/Y shapes.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:44 pm

Electric and Dragon were my first thoughts too. The second one is basically just a dragon head, after all. Inb4 it's a charizard head and it's fire/flying.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 am

Hey Mort, what's the lighting like in here? Is it dark enough for a Dusk ball to get the -20 modifier? Also, by my count it's been 4 turns since combat started - does that sound right to you?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Mmm... Nah, I'm afraid I'll have to say no to the dusk ball as I haven't been inflicting any darkness modifiers or such. And that sounds right?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:57 pm

Is it night outside? If so then it should work.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Night outside doesn't matter when Dusk ball is based on how light it is around you.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:37 am

I'll take appropriate social rolls from Alex and co as well.