Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 29, 2018 4:26 pm

How do you cure the Trapped status, btw? RAW there doesn't seem to be a way to? Taking a Breather only cures Volatile statuses, of which Trapped is not. Knock out the one who inflicted the status, maybe? Some kind-of Move (other than Rapid Spin)?

Though, RAW, Trapped doesn't actually seem to do anything to Trainers
Page 248 wrote:Trapped: A Pokémon or Trainer that is Trapped cannot
be recalled. Ghost Type Pokémon are immune to the
Trapped Condition.
The function of 'preventing the target from fleeing' doesn't seem to be a thing at all in 1.05, but I'm guessing we're still working off the assumption that that's still one of Trapped's effects.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 29, 2018 10:22 pm

Double post to say that Bruce could try to mount Rawku (he has Mountable 1), to circumvent being Slowed and potentially being Trapped as well. It requires a DC 10 Athletics/Acrobatics check, though, as a Standard action. I know that's a big ask when both of those are 2d6 for Bruce.

Also Koa has a Swift action left. Would that be enough to switch out which Shard Koa's wearing? :shifty:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue May 29, 2018 11:54 pm

so, could I theoretically next turn Ally switch with Bruce, and then either next time or when she's attacked teleport out of the trapped status?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 30, 2018 1:00 am

I think trapped is usually only resolved when the battle ends, or the user in question gets knocked out..? You're right though, in that I don't think it actually has any effect on a trainer- I'm just listing it in case it somehow ends up being relevant. :roll:

Switching out equipment is a standard action.

Also clarifying position again- In the warehouse, you'd be right up against the northern wall, so the opposite wall WOULD be the Southern one, which as stated before is about forty feet to the left... Would you guys want a quick pic to help visualize that?

ALSO, just realized that PTU actually uses sane meters instead of the dumb imperial system, so I can just say how many meters it is instead of eyeball distance in feet. It'd be... About 14 meters to the left. You can't reach it this turn, I'm pretty sure.

As for Bruce currently not having any pokemon - I'll allow him to command someone else's pokemon, assuming someone first is willing to use their command action to allow this...
so, could I theoretically next turn Ally switch with Bruce, and then either next time or when she's attacked teleport out of the trapped status?
So you'd mean to intercept the mean look now, then teleport later? You definitely could. (Although as said before, trapped doesn't actually do anything for a trainer)

Would have to be now, though, given how ally switch doesn't switch status effects, just the target of a single move.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 am

ok, though I think setting up reflect is more valuable then the ally switch would be, so no change to my action

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 30, 2018 4:19 am

Can we note that the wording for Trapped specifies Pokemon AND Trainers, but also specifies it prevents being recalled? They lack so many details on important things, like how the hell Coats get dispelled, but they've accounted for the possibility of trainers being stuffed into pokeballs.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed May 30, 2018 8:29 am

M0rtimer wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:00 amAlso clarifying position again- In the warehouse, you'd be right up against the northern wall, so the opposite wall WOULD be the Southern one, which as stated before is about forty feet to the left... Would you guys want a quick pic to help visualize that?
Isn't the layout something like this?
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 30, 2018 9:32 am

Like this, actually:
► Show Spoiler
Where the smaller room is the pizza shop.

(Also technically speaking there should be obstacles in the form of shelves and stuff in the warehouse, but just assume it's 14 meters for the "straightest" path to the south wall.)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed May 30, 2018 9:56 am

Hmm, well I still think going through the southern wall is our best bet. If they had guys waiting in the pizzeria for us then there's no telling how many guys they have staking out the front. They probably won't have expected us to make our own exits :lol:

Unfortunately everyone is slow (Slowed in Bruce's case) except Koa with his 9 Overland. Even if Bruce could successfully mount Rawku, it'll take everyone at least 3 turns to escape? If anyone has any better ideas, now would be a good time to share

Rawku could maybe use his Standard to help Bruce climb on top of him, giving him a +2 to his roll? If Sam wanted to try that, that is. I also just noticed that Bruce has Running Shoes, so that'd be another +2, and he could AP boost the roll with another +1. He'd only need to roll a 5 on 2d6, which isn't bad.

Also, I don't suppose I could use Rawku's 17 AC check for a flinching Rock Slide from Koa instead? :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 30, 2018 10:18 am

You can re-use the AC roll for another move for Rawku if you'd like, and change your action from stealth rock to something different... But no using the AC for a move for Koa.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed May 30, 2018 11:49 am

It would depend on how many enemies Koa could hit with a Ranged Blast 3, after Echo and the Grunts take their turns. It's possible they'd start bunching up trying to force their way through the broken wall, so maybe that would be 3-4 enemies?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 30, 2018 1:25 pm

You'd probably be able to get two targets with it. Would that be worth it?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed May 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Ehh... I don't think so. Koa would wait for a better opportunity and stick with Stealth Rock for now.

I've edited my post a bit to suggest the mounting idea to Bruce. I'll wait to see what Sam thinks before posting anything more.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm

Yeah, sorry. Busy day. The mounting idea is a good one, though it's a risk.

Any chance I could add in a Poke Edu roll, say it helps him figure out where to hold onto Rawku?

Also, not that I wouldn't love having them, but I'm pretty sure the running shoes are left over from whoever I stole this sheet from. (I think I copied Dlovers sheet).
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 31, 2018 12:08 am

Yeah, Bruce would still be allowed to control Rawku this round. I'll just allow you to make an attack roll assuming Sam doesn't manage to post, though.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 pm

So you remember that situation that I specifically wanted to avoid? Getting into a fight with these guys when Koa's the only one with a full and healthy team? If Bruce can't get up on Rawku, that seems like it's going to be unavoidable. And given the sheer number of attacks and debuffs being thrown our way, I'm not so sure of our chances :grumble:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Quick call for backup!

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:53 pm

We probably should, but unfortunately that would take precious actions when we're already at a disadvantage in the action economy. Even then no one would show up until long after the battle's over.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:08 am

If the Machamp ends its turn adjacent to Koa, actually, I might consider using Play Rough on it. If it doesn't then yeah, sticking with the Intercept tank plan.

Also I think the Machamp should have -1 Atk from Ms. Cuddles using Intimidate on it?

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:46 am

I could probably get there pretty fast on Kay. But yeah, likely wouldn't be fast enough to make a difference. Especially since I wouldn't know the exact location - you'd need to send up a flare or something :?

If Bruce can't ride Rawku, why not have Rawku just pick him up? His Athletics is good enough to manage it. Would probably cost him a Standard Action to do, but would likely be worth it.

Blocking the exit from the pizzeria would be a good idea too, if you can think of a way to do it. Maybe throw a shelf or two into the path. Just enough to stop them following/attacking.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:09 am

That might be the play with Rawku, if Bruce fails again. Or if Sam has a better idea of what Bruce should do, that might be fine.

And I was thinking of blocking the entrance before, maybe with Koa using a Rock Slide to collapse the roof between the two buildings? I don't think Koa hits hard enough to do that, though, or if that would even work. If that would work at all, Rawku might have to Rock Blast it, too.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:25 am

Another option: since Bruce is the one they want, just have him run away while the rest of you slow these guys down? As long as Koa doesn't send out his Ultra Beast, they shouldn't really care about Koa or Irene.

I might actually be able to help with that - flying down and grabbing Bruce once he's outside?

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:58 am

Sooo this fight is looking to be a challenge. Things I'd like to do this turn is

1.) activate reflect to Keep Ms. Cuddles active for a bit longer
2.) if possible have Ms. Cuddles activate friend guard??? With her size she should be adjacent to an ally right?
3.) go, fight win to give everyone a +1 in def and a use of "motivation" to raise a lowered combat stage by 1
4.) moment of action +1 ap for Koa/Bruce/ or inspirational orders on Ms. Cuddles. I"m away from the pdf, but if recalling is a swift action Recalling Ms. Cuddles would also be good

any suggestions?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:13 am

Recalling a pokemon and sending a new one out is usually a Standard action. If the recalled pokemon is fainted, though, then recalling and replacing it with another pokemon is only a Shift.

Ochrana would be a good choice to replace Ms. Cuddles, actually. He could Spike the floor around the broken wall to hurt and slow anyone down trying to come through (and I think the hole in the wall is 3 meters across, so he could even double layer the spikes). He's also fast enough to go before anybody else this round, which is great since everyone except the Regi is still in the pizzeria. He's also got Fairy Lock + Master Lock and Draining Kiss if we have to deal with the Machamp.

Also switching out a fainted Ms. Cuddles for Ochrana would still leave Irene with a Standard and Swift she could use for whatever. She could use GFW or maybe she could give Izzy and co. a call?

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:44 am

I was asking about just recalling not recalling and switching.

Thing is I don't think the intimidate got applied to machamp, while I doubt it will lower the damage by 5, it might just be enough to make the difference.

edit: I also just realized the only other one who took damage this turn was Maguma, He was running towards the exit as well right? though the question is again for activating friend guard.e difference.