Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:59 pm

I think I might have to ask Dlover to change his font slightly due to it clashing with my character naming. :roll:

Also, Sam, before you decide to stick with your action, you should be aware that it's illegal in the setting to own a pokemon without a pokeball. You may continue as is and simply plead ignorance to knowing about that law (which technically is true I guess. :roll:) though that will be a slightly finicky detour.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:04 am

That isn't something I really want to deal with right now. I'll edit it some.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:09 am

"This?"
"This?"
"This?"

Or should I change my colour?
"Option A"
"Option B"
"Option C"
"Option D"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:10 am

Whatever you like. :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:14 am

That better?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:26 am

M0rtimer wrote:Also, a question to you guys for a moment- Am I correct in thinking that if you grant a pokemon two moves with the aura keyword, they gain the aura reader capability? I am pretty sure I remember something along those lines from the old book, but am yet to find it in the new book.

If not, would there be an issue with a homebrew poke-edge that'd allow it? Personally, I had even been considering allowing a non aura guardian to give an aura reader pokemon the ability to use aura pulse (because "talking" pokemon are fun) but it is one of aura guardian's "big perks" so I figured I'd ask first, considering you are the guys playing. :roll: (I'd probably make it a bit cheaper for aura guardian though, or just make the aura pulse for non-aura users more expensive.)
Yeah, they cut back on the ways to get "Talking" capabilities a lot. There's no way to get Telepathy or Aura Reader unless the species has it naturally (barring GM shennanigans). Basically, it fits into the dev team's philosophy that the GM should have total RP control over pokemon, since it (supposedly) leads to more interesting roleplay.

Personally, this seems rather stupid to me, because the GM's got enough to do without running 48+ extra characters on top of his/her NPCs. :roll: The GM should have veto power and final say, but total control simply hamstrings the player's interaction with their pokemon and drastically increases GM workload.

What I'd recommend for Aura is this: Make an Aura Reader edge, which requires either two Aura moves, or one Aura move and the trainer having the Aura Reader capability (this ensures Aura Guardian keeps their edge). If they lose their prerequisite aura moves, the edge gets refunded. Regarding Aura Pulse, I'd make it so that the only prerequisite (aside from level) is that they receive their training from an Aura Pulse-capable trainer (rather than having to actually be owned by an Aura Pulse-capable trainer).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:30 am

Hah, yeah, I don't intend to rp your guys pokemon except in perhaps a few special cases. :roll: It's more fun that way.

And yeah, that was something along the lines of what I was thinking of doing. I guess I'll go ahead and add something along those lines to the first post (where I already posted the injury homerule, btw. Remind me if I ever miss something that should be put there.)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:52 am

I support Nioca's idea for the Aura Reading Edge. Mainly because I'm planning on getting Kay a lot of Int buffs - she's already going to have Int 5 when she evolves thanks to her Starter traits, and that's before I add Capability Training to get her up to Int 6* - and it would be kinda sad if she then couldn't communicate with anyone, despite being smarter than the average person. And Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse/Focus Blast are all pretty good moves for her, so it's not like I'd even be limiting my Movepool too much to go for it.

*Of course, I'd like to get her all the way up to Int 7, but the only other Int buff I can find is the Mental Chip Augmentation. And I think Mort has already said no to those. So, does anyone know of any Int buffing features that I'm missing, or is +2 the max I can give her?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 am

M0rtimer wrote:"Starter rank dear.
There's a rank below Rookie? I took
M0rtimer wrote:not everyone in the line seems to be a "rookie" like you
to be an indication that rookie would be our expected rank. Especially so considering every profession I know refers to the new people as rookies. And I've probably just dragged three others into it with me. Sorry. >.< Ah, well. We'll see how it works out. Rookie would be the... 10-20 level range, right? Our starters are at the low end of that, but they're still in there. We should be able to manage.
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:07 am

M0rtimer wrote:Hah, yeah, I don't intend to rp your guys pokemon except in perhaps a few special cases. :roll: It's more fun that way.

And yeah, that was something along the lines of what I was thinking of doing. I guess I'll go ahead and add something along those lines to the first post (where I already posted the injury homerule, btw. Remind me if I ever miss something that should be put there.)
You should probably put the bonus features and class there as well.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:08 am

Starter is the same as rookie. The nurse just gets the idea of what the person wants and is going to nitpick names. :P

You'd be fine regardless, considering all "higher" levels require having an actual team of pokemon, rather than the league-allowed singular untrained pokemon.

Good call Nioca, knew there was something important I was forgetting.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:25 am

Oh, thank goodness. I haven't just doomed four players to not actually being players by making them join a ridiculously powerful ranking.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:43 am

BJORN FELMAN (Character Sheet)
Level 1 Hunter / Rider
4 Body / 0 Mind / 1 Spirit
ImageCurrent Team
Image Grunt the L10 Mild Male Swinub (Starter)

M0rtimer, this is for you to copy paste in place.

Guys, where's the site with all the sprites?
Last edited by Synch on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:46 am

http://pldh.net/

Look up the pokemon you'd want, then select "sprites" to find the animated sprites.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:53 am

Ok thanks. Updated my post for now. Will finish fluff and dream team tomorrow at work.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:47 am

So....both Supersonic's description and the Ability Sound Lance reference it having an AOE of some kind ("all Legal Targets" implies it hits multiple things), despite being listed as Ranged 4, 1 Target. Since it's kind of a core move for both Izzy and Kay, can we change it to Line 4 or Cone 2 or something? :shifty:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:02 am

Ack! Scynch, your colours are blinding.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:00 am

Dusk9 wrote:So....both Supersonic's description and the Ability Sound Lance reference it having an AOE of some kind ("all Legal Targets" implies it hits multiple things), despite being listed as Ranged 4, 1 Target. Since it's kind of a core move for both Izzy and Kay, can we change it to Line 4 or Cone 2 or something? :shifty:
Depends. Does the same count for your game? Image

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:06 am

Of course! If you do it... :paranoia:

To be serious though, I'll probably change it in my game regardless of what you decide. It just seems too weak as is.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:16 am

Yeah, you're probably right. For an AC6 move that can only be used twice per scene, it deserves a bit more. I'll add it to the first post.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:06 am

Silly Mort: I meant Line 4 or Cone 2, not both. I'm pretty sure that isn't even possible :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:12 am

I know how the cone keyword works alright.

(By which I mean I'm going to look up how the cone keyword works right now)

On a serious note, I thought line was supposed to identify length while cone identified width, but I'll go check in a second after I'm done with the post. :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:19 am

Nah, Line is basically the Column keyword from PTA. It's just a Line directly out from the user. I think it can only be used in the cardinal directions, though, but I'm not sure on that.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:25 am

Like Vader says, Line X is basically a straight line of length X (though it can be used diagonally, as shown in the diagrams). Cone is very similar in that it's basically a 3m wide Line, except for the point immediately in front of the user (it's kinda hard to explain - again, the diagrams explain things better).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:36 am

Yeah, I'll check that out right now.

Anyways, writing Eliza made me realize that I'm totally changing the beauty stat's connection to charm and NO ONE CAN STOP ME.

It also makes me realize that holy shit I have to change that color.