Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:48 pm

Yeah, I've not touched that code in so long, and it seems it might finally have reached a critically outdated state... I'll take a look at it and see if I can fix it.

edit: a dependency has been deprecated, and getting it working again means updating a bunch of others... I'll look at it further tomorrow.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:16 am

I might have to shelve the website, sadly... It seems some of the technology it was using is no longer supported, and I'd probably have to do some intensive code changes to make it work again. At which point, given it was originally an experiment and I'm not really familiar with the language anymore... I'd have to rewrite the thing from the ground up.

Was there anything it was providing you'd like to see that a regular dice roller does not provide?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:08 am

Nah, but it was nice and reliable. Coyotecode went down periodically, and I'm not sure what other rollers are out there that keep records of your rolls.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:35 am

True, part of the reason I made it. I might look into remaking just a very basic dice roller, not mess with the accounts and such... That probably shouldn't take too long to get set up. Maybe.

Otherwise, for now there's coyotecode and... Unseen servant, too? I found it always a bit fiddly to use but it works.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:53 pm

Thanks Dlover. Now Dragon Pulse has replaced Venom Drench, and all of Bruce's pokemon can evolve (except for the crobat)
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:50 am

I'll take the Pink Pearl and/or Band of Deflection, if nobody else is interested in claiming them.

CoyoteCode and UnseenServant are both options for dice rollers, but I've had problems with both going down in the past too. So having a reliable back-up would be nice (assuming it isn't too hard to set up).

(Also sorry about being afk for a while. I lost track of the plot discussions in the main thread, and Izzy didn't have much to add anyway. Plus Christmas in the UK has been loads of fun to plan around, especially with Brexit on the horizon :meh: :roll: )

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:55 pm

Do you guys want an update just setting you on track to Hantu? I'll respond to Haley separately.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:15 pm

Um...actually are we going by boat? if so is it possible that we can get some water mons?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:36 am

No boat yet, though Hantu is a coastal city

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:59 am

I'm fine for just putting things in motion. Let me know how many days pass, if any, so that I can work out what's doing with my mentor stuff.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:18 pm

...what was the point of asking magnus in character if it wasn't answered?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:33 am

Magus was not present

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:03 am

....he was with us during the fight, and he’s the principle of the school so Haley can find where he is and ask him directly of needed.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:05 am

He also made a pretty big show of leaving. And I mean, you could have if you really wanted to, but I mostly skimmed over it because the buying stuff would be done ooc, he'd not have directed you anywhere that anyone else would not have directed you to.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Oh right you did, sorry.

1 shiny stone
1-2 fire brace
1 evolote (sdef and def)
3-5 figy berry
———

I’d also like to teach Amber a rock move but I have no idea if her tutor/tm moves have been changed. Or if her potiential evolution libe has changed (underdog lessons).

And if Haley could hunt for any fossils....

Also, Haley has a sdef booster if someone wants that.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:29 pm

All should be perfectly available to get, and seems like you have just enough to buy it all. Shiny stones are 3000, braces are 2000 each, 4000 for the eviolite, figy berries are 250 each. That'd be just about all Haley has.

If you want you can give a social roll of some kind if you want to use the black market and see how much of a discount you can get.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:38 pm

Okay hummm

I'll get 1 brace and 3 figy for now, that will leave her at 2,525 pokedollars.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:50 am

Oh, since rations came up, can Koa grab Drake's mushrooms before he does whatever he's going to do? He's been the supplier for Koa's Hearty Meals up until now :shifty:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:08 am

I should also ask - are we still paying for lodging, or are we just kinda handwaving that?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 am

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:24 pm

So since nobody else want to claim them, Izzy will take the Pink Pearl and Band of Deflection. Natrivv: let me know if you want either of them, as I think they'd probably work better on Irene.

In terms of shopping, Izzy's mostly going to pick up some consumables;
- 5 Great Balls (from Haley) [1000 poke]
- 2 Hyper Potions [1600 poke]
- Modified Go-Goggles [750 poke]
- Noivern Saddle [2000 poke]
Total cost: 5350

Also, would it be possible to find someone (a tinkerer maybe?) who could modify my Go-Goggles to change them from Sandstorm protection to Hail protection? Depending on the cost I might do that instead of buying the Winter Coat.

Finally, Izzy is going to entrust The Don to Drake before they part ways.

EDIT: Removed the Sparkling Lemonades.
EDIT: Adjusted list following discussion with Mort.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:20 pm

Oh right, Koa's shopping!

Koa will get
- An Ability change for Polmaka the Greninja (Torrent -> Protean) [2500]
- A -Def Lagging item for Polmaka to use with Fling [900]
- A ton of Food Scrap [3000]
Total cost: 6400

Speaking of Food Scrap, you don't have to bother buying Lemonades, Dusk. Koa can make those for you, for way cheaper. You just gotta spot him the food scrap cost is all ($125 per lemonade).

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:40 pm

Thanks for that - removed the Lemonades in that case.

Also, how much would a saddle for Kay cost? The price in the pdf is 2000, but I'm not sure if a custom one would be more.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:29 pm

Haley can create great balls (she can make them for 175, so...lets say 200 per ball, and get Haley can get a little bit of moneys out of it)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Sure, you can grab some mushrooms before saying goodbye to Drake forever. :P

Saddle I'd let it go for 2000. As for changing the goggles so instead it protects against hail... Well, it's just an ice cloak, really. So, 750... Which would just be the price of selling the go-goggles and putting it toward the ice cloak. :roll: