Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Natrivv » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:57 am

I'm going with Izzy just so there's someone able to respond if she gets shot and starts bleeding out, plus dice re-rolls are useful for stealth missions

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:17 am

Just to clarify, I'm moving away from the tower before flying up. Hopefully they're only watching the airspace directly around it. But yeah, the extra defences are definitely appreciated!

Also how fast is Shock? Because Kay has Sky 12 naturally, and goes up to Sky 14 when Izzy is using Agility Training (which will be near constantly). So I'm worried that he'll get left behind pretty much instantly...

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:55 am

A very impressive 4 speed lol So Shock is going to be edited out.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:57 am

Yeah, that's what I was worried about :lol:

There's a reason Kay's nickname is "Rocket Bat"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:07 pm

Do you want me to come assist? I can chase after on my mount, and send Pyre in the air, I'm probably the only other one quick enough to keep up with Irene and Izzy.

Otherwise I can join the rest and go smush some faces.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:52 am

Not sure what the limits of SENSUS are, so I'm starting with a basic phrase to test it out. Do the other guys hear it?
Yes.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:42 pm

The Academy was the Kingsman headquarters, right? Or at least something similar to that?

It would make sense that they would use the attacks to spread out Jack's attention and forces to try and take it over, most of his power away.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:09 pm

So I'm going to go with I'm behind Izzy, but not as fast as Rocket Bat?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:15 am

SamWiser wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:42 pm The Academy was the Kingsman headquarters, right? Or at least something similar to that?

It would make sense that they would use the attacks to spread out Jack's attention and forces to try and take it over, most of his power away.
No, but Bruce would know this so I'll put it here. The academy is a place that's greatly respected in Murkoff, to both general populace and the gangs included. ( Assuming things aren't already that bad that everyone isn't in some way affiliated with one of the three already) The one exception might be the red hand, cuz everyone hates them and they hate everyone. They're basically considered a force of good, and the only place left in Murkoff where someone can get proper education. In addition to that they take care of plenty of younger people with nowhere else to go, help out anyone with a place to work and/or fit in, and provide medical services. (Healthcare is free, and people could go to a center... But not without being asked some questions.) Admittedly, it's mostly the latter, and the principle that no one gets turned away which might earn them a lot of their favour.
Natrivv wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:09 pm So I'm going to go with I'm behind Izzy, but not as fast as Rocket Bat?
If that's what you want to do, sure.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:30 am

So what will Izzy and Irene be doing? :shifty:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:49 am

Sorry, will have a post up in a few hours

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:06 pm

Question: are the power stations still up, or have the explosions already knocked out power to the city?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:22 pm

Power stations are still up. They're also not really power stations- Just buildings containing what one can only presume to be some heavy equipment, that deal with power that comes from outside the actual city. Transformers and such.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Okay, so do you guys think Izzy and Irene should stay and help the Junkrats, or come join you? If both "power stations" go down then the whole city will be dark. Are we sure it's purely a distraction, or might there be some other reasons behind taking down the power grid?

Between Izzy providing air support, and Irene doing her cheerleader thing, we might be able to help the Junkrats save the transformers.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Even if it's a distraction, making sure one of the power stations stays up certainly wouldn't be a bad thing. And I don't think we'll need Izzy and Irene's help at the Academy? We have a lot of trainers here.

We're mostly just information gathering atm, right? We're not sure whether we should be going for the Hotel or not, so we might as well stop the Red Hand from doing what they're doing while we're figuring that out.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. We can always regroup to go for the Hotel afterwards.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Sorry, I thought Irene was too far away still so I didn't make a post

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:39 pm

I definitely think it would be worth keeping at least one of the power stations up, just to disrupt their plans, whatever they may be. And having a more difficult fight might split the red hand forces even more, making an assault on the hotel (or protecting the academy) even easier for us.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:44 am

So do I need to make it rain rocks to induce some extra amnesia to make sure no one remembers the psychic temple that's definitely just a hotel? :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:15 am

Just replace "temple" with "hotel." The words are interchangeable, clearly.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:41 am

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:44 am So do I need to make it rain rocks to induce some extra amnesia to make sure no one remembers the psychic temple that's definitely just a hotel? :roll:
Forgetting about the psychic temple just doesn't work. You can't force players to forget what they have seen or heard, and no matter how hard we try it will come up again and again. It was a neat idea but in gameplay it just doesn't work.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:19 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:41 am
M0rtimer wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:44 am So do I need to make it rain rocks to induce some extra amnesia to make sure no one remembers the psychic temple that's definitely just a hotel? :roll:
Forgetting about the psychic temple just doesn't work. You can't force players to forget what they have seen or heard, and no matter how hard we try it will come up again and again. It was a neat idea but in gameplay it just doesn't work.
That's a nice sentiment.

As things are standing right now, your characters are still not going to be remembering it.

Your character doesn't need to act on it. It's exactly the same principle as knowing OOC information, or knowing information another PC would know but yours doesn't. And there's a big difference between "I'll have my character act as if I have information I know they shouldn't have" and "I had my character act on information they shouldn't yet know because I forgot it wasn't mentioned to my character directly."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:47 am

We already discussed this months ago, Arch. I'm not a fan of pretending to forget things either, but honestly it's kind-of irrelevant right now. We know where the Red Hand's base is, regardless of whether we know it as the temple or the hotel.

Though it would make sense that Drake would have some capacity to remember the temple, being the one with Mind Lock. Of course none of us would have any idea what he's talking about, or we might just mentally replace the word 'temple' with 'hotel'.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:58 am

I understand if people aren't a huge fan of the mechanic of course, that makes complete sense. But when the story is that the temple has literally stood there for decades, practically unnoticed, by virtue of brainwashing everyone that should know of it, there's only so much "player privilege" I can handwave.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:40 am

Maybe your insistance that it's a hotel and it brainwashes us to forget has gone too well and looped back to us forget that it's a hotel and we remember it only as a tower/temple? :p

...The biggest issue I have is trying to remember what we are supposed to forget. Are we allowed to remember where the red hands are based?