Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 am

Suuure it was. It wasn't that you just didn't see a small post between all the giant ones.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 am

Realised I should probably tell you what my plan is, Theis :P

My aim is to KO the Collector (and Mr Suspicious if necessary) then Charm the Musician/Dancer into leaving since their boss is down. So if you can just keep them busy for now, that'd be great. Alternatively, if you've got any high-damage ranged moves you can blast the Collector with, that would be nice. Mr Suspicious can only intercept/block once a turn, so overwhelming him seems like the best tactic. Maybe not this round, but next one possibly?

I also had the thought of Charming Betty into switching to our side (using the arguement that these jerks had ruined the battle, and that Isabella would have a fair fight with her afterwards). But Izzy's a bit busy right now, and I don't think Drake will really have the words for it, sooo.... :roll:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:41 am

What do you mean?! Drake got all the words! That are fancy for pokemon or occult stuff :roll:

Blasting the collector seems fine, I've got both Ghos and Crowley with strong ranged moves.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:01 am

I want you to know, Vader, that ooc I'm down with going into the portal (not that I'd be that much help again, but yeah) but first, Bruce is going to let Koa know that trusting the person who we were just interrogating to send us through a one-way portal into the middle of an enemy base because of a text that may or may not have come from somebody who was essentially just kidnapped by a powerful mysterious being, with no planning, is a bad idea for anybody not inside a tabletop game.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:13 am

Ah OK, yeah you're misunderstanding how the staff works.

The portal it makes is one-way, bringing the teleportees to the staff. The staff doesn't send people the other way. Koa wants to bring Irene (and her pokemon) back into the warehouse.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:19 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 am A large, ornate, yet fogged up mirror reaching all the way to the ceiling of the large room.
is this the suspicious thing :shifty: or the fact Mattias is giving me a headache, in which case that's normal.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:53 am

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:46 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:13 am Ah OK, yeah you're misunderstanding how the staff works.

The portal it makes is one-way, bringing the teleportees to the staff. The staff doesn't send people the other way. Koa wants to bring Irene (and her pokemon) back into the warehouse.
Oh! Yeah, I was misunderstanding that. Yeah, that does make things safer, assuming we only bring back Irene, instead of Amgstrom

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:02 am

(Finally) going through the update... Dusk, using an order actually takes a standard action, so you can't quite boost Maku that much while also shooting the blaster, unless there's some feat you have I'm missing... He'll still get his punch, though. :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:07 am

Commader's Voice. Let's me do it as a swift action :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 am

*grumbles and shoves Maku's action several lines back up* :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:44 am

In hindsight, probably should've been focusing down Mr Suspicious first. I assumed his shield only gave an AC bonus - didn't consider it might have a +DR effect too :roll:

Could we have a basic map of where people are up on the balcony, Mort? Kinda want to know how many I can hit with an Air Cutter, or Theis can hit with his Energy Blast (without hitting me too :P ).

Also, quick rules check: by RAW, the Move Teleport can be activated as an Interrupt at any point, not just when the user has been targetted by an attack. And the Transporter Ability triggers on any teleportation, allowing the user to teleport further and/or bring one other person along with them. So if I were to release Nate next to Izzy, and she was to get targetted by an attack, he should be able to Interrupt-Transporter-Teleport them both up to 18m away.

Is that all correct?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:56 am

It's a raw item, he just has a feat that makes it a LOT more useful :P

I can draft you up a basic map if you want to, but I don't think it'd really be necessary... Oh wait, it could potentially with the Goomy up there too now I suppose- Where would you say you had released Maku in relation to yourself/ how large would he want the distance to be when using that gust attack?

As for the teleporter transporter thing... I guess? :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:10 am

.....riiiiight, of course. I meant to check what Fortress' could do earlier, but forgot :roll:

Btw, you do realise Shields were nerfed in the September 2015 Playtest Packet, right? It's +1 Evasion instead of +2 now. Pretty sure it wouldn't have changed anything, but just checking you know :P

Maku was released between me and the balcony (my aim being to block line-of-sight from the Pokemon down there). And he'd stay there while gusting, since I needed him close enough to Intercept for Izzy if necessary. So if the Collector/Mr Suspicious/Goomy are in front of her, then Maku's to her right/left?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 am

I see two things I can do, Vader. I'm about 90% sure that I can assist in a skill check to further improve that charm roll, right? Or, I could play bad cop to your good, and intimidate her into helping us as well. Which do you think would be better?

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 am

Nah, you need at least 3 in a skill to assist, and then you'd apply half your skill value to the check (so +1 if you have 3 Charm).

If you wanna play Bad Cop, go for it. :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Well, I know NOW. :P (But yeah, pretty sure it wouldn't have made a difference)

And actually, collector and suspicious are standing at the edge of the balcony- So, Maku would probably end up being released between them, yeah. And... Now I'm wondering if line of sight is actually required to hit someone, or if they're forced to hit the person standing in front of them..? Because I've been treating it like it's not, and if it is, that's actually pretty important (and makes a map yet more important... I need to get better at doing that >_>)

But maku would probably be right next to her then, but between her and the bad guys..?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Hmm...okay, I can work with that. So assuming Izzy stayed in her current spot, and Maku got out of the way, could I hit both the Collector and Mr Suspicious with an Air Cutter? Or are they too far away for that?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Yeah, you could definitely hit both of em. You'd have to move closer obviously, but yes you can.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:29 pm

So I couldn't hit them both from where I am now?

I'm asking because I was planning on releasing Nate, and that would use up my Shift Action.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Air cutter was cone 2, right? No, wouldn't be able to hit from current range.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Fair enough. I already made the Air Cutter roll though, so can I reuse that AC roll on a different attack? E.g. Flame Burst?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 pm

I suppose

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:29 pm

So I can't remember... have we run into this Angstram person before?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Nope. At least Irene wouldn't remember.