Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Yeah, I think once the spell is done (which I think is pretty much done, just needs to be finalized) and Koa gets his sword, we should be done.

What's the raw on cheer brigade again..?

Also Koa, any thoughts what you were hoping for with this coming weapon?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:22 pm

I had a thought on what the result could include:

(Name)
Reagents: Fairy Blade + Diancie's Ritual Gem + Rock Plate + Fairy Plate
Effect: Fine One-handed weapon, grants Play Rough and the Diamond Defense Ability. At Scene x2 frequency, attacks made with this weapon and Rock or Fairy-type attacks made by the user may be considered the user's choice of Rock or Fairy-type.

I also thought about allowing Stealth Rock to be used as a swift action, but that's probably a bit much. But yeah, otherwise I think that'd be fine for a regular alchemized item.

Though, I believe the conditions are right to potentially make a Legendary item. They tend to have stronger, sometimes less mechanical effects that are more evocative of the symbolic ingredients used in their creation, in this case a gem representing Diancie and her bond with Koa as his Patron.

I PM'd you about it a bit ago, and you said to wait to see what Diancie had to say about it. It seems like the subject is about to come up :P

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:50 pm

Anyone else having a problem with Coyote Code?
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:52 pm

Coyotecode's been down for a while, yeah, maybe for good. A lot of folks have moved to using Mort's roller or some other one.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:55 pm

At this rate, I should capitalize on this and finally get around to making that roller 2.0 I've been tossing about, but don't have the time for... :shifty:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Become a full time dice roller programmer!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:24 pm

I'll start a kickstarter, only a measly goal of one million dollars. :p

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:35 pm

For Synch's access: https://poke-roller.herokuapp.com/rolls/new
That's the roller Mort made.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:46 pm

at will extended action

"Target: Your Pokémon with at least 2 Tutor Points remaining
Effect: Your Pokémon loses 2 Tutor Points and gains the Friend Guard Ability."

I honestly don't remember why I was saving tutor points at all :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:03 pm

Have a look at moves you may want tutored and natures you may want changed, 'cause getting those done costs some TP.

Actually, Dusk, you wanted another of your pokemon tutored earlier, right? Alex has literally been sitting in a corner since he took the cube to the fountain, did you want that done?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:10 am

I mean, you can target as many of your individual pokemon as you'd like and have TP for, yes :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:05 am

Dlover wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:03 pm Actually, Dusk, you wanted another of your pokemon tutored earlier, right? Alex has literally been sitting in a corner since he took the cube to the fountain, did you want that done?
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'm up for saying Alex spent the last hour teaching Fern how to Bounce, if you are (and Mort's okay with it :P)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:13 am

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:18 am

Sure. If it's a Tutor Move, and not (N)atural, it'll cost 2TP, otherwise 1. (I think you said before that it's a Natural move)

Oh, I just realised my use for Move Tutor is expended for the day, so I hope it's a Natural move. XD
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:35 am

It's from her move list, 10 levels from now. So pretty sure that counts as Natural, yeah.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:40 am

Yeah, that's definitely something I can do with Mentor. 1TP it is.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 am

Aw, no pomp and ceremony for crafting the first Legendary weapon of the campaign? I was honestly looking forward to seeing whatever ritual Diancie had in store to make it happen, and RPing it out.

Are you sure about that effect, though? You realize what'll happen is I'm gonna have to ask after every round whether the bad guys are still standing in Koa's hazard tiles. That might get old after the first combat, for both of us :paranoia:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:51 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 am Aw, no pomp and ceremony for crafting the first Legendary weapon of the campaign? I was honestly looking forward to seeing whatever ritual Diancie had in store to make it happen, and RPing it out.

Are you sure about that effect, though? You realize what'll happen is I'm gonna have to ask after every round whether the bad guys are still standing in Koa's hazard tiles. That might get old after the first combat, for both of us :paranoia:
You want to play out the dancing around the forge? :P

But yeah, update was a bit rushed, last couple days have been slightly more busy than usual and it had been a while... I'm alright with giving it some more, admittedly well-deserved, attention. Mostly, I was cutting off immediately after it's creation to allow the reaction to it to go then. :P

And I think I like the effect (especially if you consider stealth rock in conjunction...) but you might be right about that..?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:55 am

Or whatever else Diancie would have in mind for a ritual, yes, I would :lol: Though we could just do it retroactively, or in PMs, if you wanna get the show on the road.

As for the effect how about, instead of a separate hazard that needs keeping track of, the sword doubles down on the Stealth Rock aspect, what with Diancie's Diamond Defense? Something like this:

The Crystal Resolution
Reagents: Fairy Blade + Diancie's Ritual Gem + Rock Plate + Fairy Plate
Effect: Fine Small Melee Weapon, grants Play Rough and the Diamond Defense Ability. At Scene x2 frequency attacks made with this weapon and Rock or Fairy-type attacks made by the user may be considered the user's choice of Rock or Fairy-type. When the user hits a foe with a Rock or Fairy-type Move, the user generates a Stealth Rock hazard within 6 meters of the foe. In addition, the user's Stealth Rocks may hit a foe more than once in an encounter, though only one may hit that foe per round.

This way it becomes an attrition-style weapon that deals damage over time, favoring high defense users like Koa and Diancie.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:52 pm

Nah, I considered that as an alternative, but decided against it. I mean... On one hand stealth rock isn't too powerful by itself, but it is hard to avoid. Either the target is effectively forced to completely lock down and not move, or with being able to create one stealth rock/turn, effectively take one extra tick of damage each turn. That's perhaps not too powerful for pokemon... But kind of skewed from the perspective of a trainer. In the situation that's currently going on, all that would need to be done is shift away or disengage.

Also allowing stealth rocks to be reused is a definite no-no. In large group battles you'd be dealing a tick of hit point to EVERY enemy eventually, and that's a bit much for what it is.

Spawning a stealth rock each time might still be acceptable, though it'd have to come with some kind of drawback..?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:10 pm

M0rtimer wrote:That's perhaps not too powerful for pokemon... But kind of skewed from the perspective of a trainer. In the situation that's currently going on, all that would need to be done is shift away or disengage.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. How are things different between trainers and pokemon? I don't understand what you mean by someone shifting away?
M0rtimer wrote:Also allowing stealth rocks to be reused is a definite no-no. In large group battles you'd be dealing a tick of hit point to EVERY enemy eventually, and that's a bit much for what it is.
That's not how I meant for it to come across, for the Stealth Rocks to be indestructible and hit things over and over. The rocks would still break.

The way Stealth Rock works normally is that once a target is hit, they can't be hit by any more Stealth Rocks that encounter (unless it's a pokemon and they're recalled and sent back in). My suggestion is to bypass this invulnerability, and a rock can break against them once a round.
M0rtimer wrote:Spawning a stealth rock each time might still be acceptable, though it'd have to come with some kind of drawback..?
Just to be clear, when I say Stealth Rock hazard, I don't mean the whole Move that generates 4 rocks. I only intended 1 rock to be spawned at a time, whenever you hit an enemy. I'm not sure if that still seems too powerful for a Legendary item.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:37 pm

I'm not sure what you're saying here. How are things different between trainers and pokemon? I don't understand what you mean by someone shifting away?
I'm saying plain and simple that pokemon are still way more powerful than trainers, and even a trainer that is fully geared for battle would probably have trouble fighting a pokemon straight up... So attacks that just do HP loss are way more valuable to them than it would be for pokemon.
That's not how I meant for it to come across, for the Stealth Rocks to be indestructible and hit things over and over. The rocks would still break.

The way Stealth Rock works normally is that once a target is hit, they can't be hit by any more Stealth Rocks that encounter (unless it's a pokemon and they're recalled and sent back in). My suggestion is to bypass this invulnerability, and a rock can break against them once a round.
Ah, that is something I misunderstood, and actually didn't realize on a first glance looking at stealth rock... That is far more reasonable, yes.
Just to be clear, when I say Stealth Rock hazard, I don't mean the whole Move that generates 4 rocks. I only intended 1 rock to be spawned at a time, whenever you hit an enemy. I'm not sure if that still seems too powerful for a Legendary item.
I was aware yes. I could probably let it pass..? I'm just fidgeting a bit between whether it'd just be a bit too powerful and I'd need to "nerf" it in some other way, or if it would work as-is... Maybe the stealth rocks spawned this way only last for one full turn or something..?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:13 pm

I wouldn't say it'd be much stronger than Burn or Poison, necessarily. It's per-round tick damage. But to be fair, it does take Type effectiveness into account (and can be either Rock or Fairy with Diamond Defense, so x1.5 damage won't be uncommon).

At the same time there are ways around it. I don't really get to choose who triggers them, they just hit whoever gets close; if they have ranged moves they could comfortably sit there and attack; or, rarely, they might just flat out be immune to Stealth Rock hazards via Infiltrator or Backpacker's Sole Power.

And ultimately, a rock will hit one enemy out of the whole group we happen to be fighting at the time, per round (though, sometimes not even then. Koa still has to hit to proc the sword effect). An extra bit of damage here and there might tip the odds in our favor, but I don't think it would be overwhelmingly strong.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:22 pm

Don't forget my Pickup roll M0rt :)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:28 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:13 pm I wouldn't say it'd be much stronger than Burn or Poison, necessarily. It's per-round tick damage. But to be fair, it does take Type effectiveness into account (and can be either Rock or Fairy with Diamond Defense, so x1.5 damage won't be uncommon).

At the same time there are ways around it. I don't really get to choose who triggers them, they just hit whoever gets close; if they have ranged moves they could comfortably sit there and attack; or, rarely, they might just flat out be immune to Stealth Rock hazards via Infiltrator or Backpacker's Sole Power.

And ultimately, a rock will hit one enemy out of the whole group we happen to be fighting at the time, per round (though, sometimes not even then. Koa still has to hit to proc the sword effect). An extra bit of damage here and there might tip the odds in our favor, but I don't think it would be overwhelmingly strong.
Hmm... Alright, you make a fair explanation. Let's keep it as that, then.

Oh also a bit belated. Yes, you'd be dancing. Maybe with a kiss at the end :roll:
Synch wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:22 pm Don't forget my Pickup roll M0rt :)
Oh right, you wanted me to do pickup for you? Let's see...

1d20 = [3] = 3

Sorry!