Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SamWiser » Sat May 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Aah! I'm really sorry guys. It wasn't a great week for me. I'll be better about posting more in the future.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 19, 2018 12:24 pm

And of course you get around to posting when I've finished your part of the update... :P

Well, I'll make some minor adjustments... But the main thing of it is going to remain the same. >:D

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat May 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Ha! Sorry. Bad luck. You can change stuff I wrote if you want. No problem with it. It just seemed like a likely setting to find near a run-down part of the city run by gangs.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Vader: I apologize if it wasn't clear, but the guy with the "bloodied" mask is the one doing the talking. With that said, nothing's stopping you from talking to the "odd-one-out", of course.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun May 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Oh OK. Slight edit to make up for that, but he was talking to them in general anyway.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 pm

Sooo, what would happen if I sent out gyarados in the doorway, to push the guys out of the way?

also is this even allowed?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 24, 2018 2:11 am

Pokeballs would generally materialize the pokemon in the most nearby open space, and fail to materialize if none are in range. This prevents... "accidents".

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu May 24, 2018 3:11 am

Hmm, with power 13 and mount 4 we could probably ride a raging train out if there's enough room to materialize her... :lol:

edit: just make sure it's obvious I am joking around mostly, it would be fun to do

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat May 26, 2018 8:54 am

@Sam and Natrivv, do you guys know what you're doing? You didn't actually say Bruce and Irene are doing anything, they're just kinda whispering to each other (directly in front of the bad guys)

Koa's just prepping for a fight to break out, since he doesn't really see another way out of this.

Actually, Mort, would it be feasible to have Rawku Bulldoze his way through a wall, for an escape attempt (Drill Run's stronger, but Bulldoze seems more appropriate)? If Irene and Bruce's pokemon are still beat up from their bout, fighting it out is probably a bad idea.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat May 26, 2018 9:56 am

I'm getting ready for the upcoming battle. Also trying to figure out if I can even call out Ms. Cuddles.

As for whether or not I healed my pokemon is dependent on how long Bruce was at work. If it was more then an hour Irene would have healed her pokemon.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 26, 2018 1:30 pm

You can call out Ms. Cuddles, yeah. Worst case she'll materialize outside the shop, allowing not only access to those pesky thugs there, but would also serve as a good "Hey shit is going down" kind of alert.

As for breaking through the wall... Yeah, I'll allow it. I'm not sure how much "HP" I should assign to a piece of the wall, though, or if I should make it more something akin to a check..?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 26, 2018 3:34 pm

Vader, so just to make clear as to which wall Koa wants Rawku to blast. Let's say for a moment that the exit/entrance to the store is North, which is where the commander and his lackey are. This would mean the two other lackeys who were already waiting would be south of the group, and let us say that the kitchen would be East. There'd be enough room on either North/South side to try and bypass them to the left/right by breaking through the walls, although it'd also probably be easier to try and block those new exits. North would also probably be the only direction where one could be sure to immediately be back outside. Which wall would he target..?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat May 26, 2018 3:47 pm

West? :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Would probably be the easiest opening yeah, although what lies behind would be an unknown.

("Blast, you've found our secret hideout! How did you know?!")

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Sorry about the terrible update schedule lately, guys. It's mostly just a combination of having been busy, coupled with the fact that some of my friends have been dragging me into playing a game taking up whatever free time I still have left.

With that said, totally gonna blame you guys instead for also making me stat up a battle just so you can run away from it. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 28, 2018 5:14 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:40 pm Sorry about the terrible update schedule lately, guys. It's mostly just a combination of having been busy, coupled with the fact that some of my friends have been dragging me into playing a game taking up whatever free time I still have left.

With that said, totally gonna blame you guys instead for also making me stat up a battle just so you can run away from it. :roll:
They didn't make you stat up that battle mort. Its not thier fault all the npcs are the Kool-aid man. :p

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Isn't it? Are we absolutely certain we've never done anything which triggered a chain of events and resulted in Kool-Aid Man becoming the default NPC class?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Pretty sure!~ Though if there is a Kool-Aid man class Bjorn should take it. :P

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon May 28, 2018 8:58 pm

nah, clearly everyone has a rhyperior with bulldoze and the priestess cult leader lady has 6 pokemon with telekinesis to clear the rubble :thumbsup:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 29, 2018 1:29 am

Hey now, there was no kool-aid manning in the latest update!

They just broke open the door, is all. :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 29, 2018 7:49 am

M0rtimer wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:29 am Hey now, there was no kool-aid manning in the latest update!

They just broke open the door, is all. :P
Now that's ridiculous mort. Obviously it was. :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Also, since I didn't specify it quite well in the update- If you guys were all looking to shift through the hole as it was created, you should all be able to shift through it this turn. The room would extend about 40 feet over to the left, but you'd still be close to the right wall, and there's also some kind of hangar door about 25 feet ahead.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 29, 2018 3:36 pm

So uhh, I'm wondering if there's a point in even rolling Focus against this Regipsy obvious psychic pokemon. It's gotta have at least 4d6+2 Focus versus any of our 2d6. Koa might be able to eke out a bit more than that with Call to Adventure, but still.

Is it too late to say Koa had his Violet Shard equipped for the +2 to Focus (Royal Privilege), on the off chance he'd get attacked by a psychic pokemon today? :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 29, 2018 3:50 pm

The focus roll is mostly fluff, actually, and not even a contested roll. That's all I'll say on that for now, though.

The question about the pokemon you have out, however, is not...

Probably gonna have to say no on the violet shard, though. I mean, you can switch it for whatever action it is if you're worried about more focus checks, but otherwise you're out of luck. :P

Also, I'm not saying this is Regipsy, but assuming it might be... Is Regipsy really the best name for it? Doesn't quite roll of the tongue. Regisyke? Regipsion? Regipath? Regpsi? "the psychic regi"?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Oh, also forgot to put the machamp on the initiative. Will fix tomorrow.