Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:59 am

I just wanted to know what the odds were of Lonaki evading another attack, which are nil if the Zoroark still knows Feint Attack. It might not, though, if it replaced it with something else...? :shifty: I was gonna risk using a blinding flash on it, but not with the possibility of it still having Feint Attack.
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:03 am

Hmm...I am not sure that is how it is used, since it subsituted it's attack. And I don't remember zozoark having wierd power (i remember cacnea, carnivine, klink, hoopa, murkow, and maybe another legendary. Are you sure you don't mean twisted power. Also if Vader's mon had same or higher attack than it's special it defiently would not be added on

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:10 am

Definitely has weird power. And I just took the most reasonable action for the ability- It's not like it suddenly wouldn't work when using that move, and it's only supposed to use the opposing foe's attack stat.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Wierd power doesn't work if same attack or if it's higher. It says so in the ability.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:44 pm

And it wasn't. It's SATT was still higher than Lonaki's ATT.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:54 pm

Would the Malamar not be affected by the blinding effect, since it doesn't have darkvision?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Hmm... Given how it was explained it shouldn't, but I'm just gonna make the decision that if you want to blind it, you can.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Dlover wrote:20-40 was silver, right? ... With half my team over 30 it's too cheap to go for bronze, so...
The rankings don't go by the traditional bronze/silver/gold, instead they go by these:
M0rtimer wrote:There's a total of 6 ranks- copper(20), iron(30) , gold(40), cobalt(50), platinum(60) and diamond(60+).
Though, word of warning, the level 30 rank might too much for your team to handle. If you want to avoid spoilers you can just take a look at my team. The average level of my team is around 30, 5/6 of my pokemon have a super-effective options (and my Rhydon has Sturdy strats), my pokemon have all been given Chef treats, and yet Koa is still on a roughly even keel with Jack. The battle's only half-over, but yeah he's a tough fight.

Obviously Alex's star player is Roy, and he'll probably do a lot of damage. If he goes down, though, I don't know if the rest of Alex's team can pick up the slack.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 am

Hrm, right then. Copper was 20-30, iron 30-40? With Those ranges I really don't have a shot at iron, with half my team being around 25 and having no type advantages... And weakness in the form of Dusk... Maybe I should swap her out for Gwen. That adds one more type advantage over dark with Bug... Yeah, okay, so I'm going to have to swap Dusk out for Gwen, even if it cuts my average level severely, and I'm going to have to go for Copper rank to have a chance. Having two pokemon over level 31 is pretty cheap, but 4 under 30 is just suicide against a full team over 30.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:53 am

Sorry guys, its been a difficult week.

This gym is Dark, right?
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:43 am

@Synch, yeah it's Dark.

@Dlover, it's not a level range, all of Jack's pokemon are the same level at 20, 30, 40, etc.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:52 am

Yeah, the iron range is all strictly lvl 30 pokemon. With that said, Vader is probably experiencing it's not "just" that all pokemon have a 10 levels boost- The gym leader starts using some more features, and the pokemon receive some minor tutoring/item/TM support... Couple it with that a lot of pokemon evolve at around lvl 30, and it's a much bigger challenge than level 20, yeah.

I think in this instance that, strangely enough, the biggest buff is all of the pokemon having more injuries, though. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Yyyyeah, a team of two early 30s and a bunch of mid 20s are still going to have no chance at fighting a team of 30s with associated feature bonuses, especially since Alex has... Well, he's got a bit more mentoring done than the other players, but the gym leader has that too, so the only thing Alex really has is +1CS in a single stat. Which all adds up to "Yep, it's copper rank or I'm screwed."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:00 am

Edited my post so that Koa uses the bright lights again.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:25 am

Dlover wrote:Yyyyeah, a team of two early 30s and a bunch of mid 20s are still going to have no chance at fighting a team of 30s with associated feature bonuses, especially since Alex has... Well, he's got a bit more mentoring done than the other players, but the gym leader has that too, so the only thing Alex really has is +1CS in a single stat. Which all adds up to "Yep, it's copper rank or I'm screwed."
I'm in the same boat.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:35 am

I had the same problem as you guys and did the Lv20 challenge. The only things you really lose out on are a bit of prize money and some exp. The other prizes are all found in the maze, and don't seem to be affected by entry level at all.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:47 pm

Question, did the Grimer lose any Taskmaster bonuses from healing its injuries, like the Initiative boost?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Oops, forgot to change that- Yeah, that initiative bonus is gone. It still has some injuries, though.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:48 am

Not updating for Izzy quite yet, gonna want to arrange what Fern is gonna end up like first, OOC... Once I have the time on hand. I believe when we talked about it, he was likely going to end up with a levitate speed, with grass moves replaced with appropriate flying moves? It's been a while, so refresh my memory. :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:48 pm

The option i settled on liking the most was the Bounce themed one, where Fern basically becomes a Jumping spiky cannonball. So no levitate or sky speeds, just sick Jumps :P

Here's the post where i suggested it and gave some ideas for a Bounce connection ability: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... ce#p240518

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:16 pm

I have to admit, luck was really on my side in this gym battle. Not only did Jack miss 6 times (though 2 of those were due to the battle mechanics), he also didn't land a single crit that mattered. Despite having a very high crit chance with Brutal Training + Taskmaster, the only two crits he got were against Rawku, which doesn't matter since Rawku has Sturdy. Meanwhile, all those misses meant Kikolo was able to tear through Jack's team (not missing a single time and getting 2 crits himself), soloing every significant threat that opposed him.

I wanted to mention this because, had luck been more neutral, I can't say for sure whether Koa would have won. Jack's a tough fight, despite what Koa's battle with him would suggest.

Though, now I do regret giving 3 treats each to Maguma and Makeno. That's $600 worth of preparation gone to waste ($700 if you include Kinhe) :roll:

Anyway, level-up time!

Koa rises to level 13! His trials over the past couple days have him worried over his battle readiness, so he gains the Shards of Stone Feat to learn Rock Slide and Stealth Rock! He gains 1 point in ATK and DEF.

Maguma gains 290xp and 3 levels (30 -> 33)! It's a hard choice, but he forgets Fire Spin to learn Lava Plume, losing some utility to gain some AoE potential.
Lonaki gains 150xp and 2 levels (24 -> 26)! He forgets Sand-Attack to learn Bug Bite.
Rawku gains 380xp and 4 levels (29 -> 33)! He forgets Scary Face to learn Drill Run.
Kikolo, the star of the show, gains a whopping 620xp and 6 levels (31 -> 37)! He forgets Chip Away to learn his species' signature move, Megahorn!

Everyone gains a bunch of stats that I didn't bother tracking :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 am

I think you'd have been alright, but yeah- If it weren't for Jack rolling particularly poorly in the challenge, it'd probably have been a lot closer than it ended up being. As things stand, you still had plenty of pokemon left... And like Jack explained, he had means of dealing with either bugs or fighting types, not really both at the same time. :roll: Also, I'm pretty sure he got targeted with two knock off attacks that both ended up missing..? Assuming it had hit, that one peck would probably have gotten him out the battle, too.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:19 am

Nah, Kikolo only got targeted once with a Knock Off by the Grimer, which was after the Malamar went down. When the Malamar did land with a Peck, Kikolo had 58 HP, so even without a Flying Brace the Peck would have done 31(69) damage, which Kikolo would have Countered so it would only do 46 to him. Counter is a ridiculously good move, and it covers his low physical defense nicely so long as he has the HP to use it.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:37 am

Honestly was expectng a much worse selection of pokemon but I will refrain from saying anything until Haley finishes her challenge. :3

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:48 am

Jack's pokemon aren't the same for each rank, and I'm not even sure if they're the same from challenge to challenge. I'm not sure whether knowing what his team is for the Iron challenge will help you in the Copper challenge.