Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:55 pm

And as a reminder, Grimm's plan was to lure Prometheus into a meeting with promise of one of the cube artifacts, and then to push him back into Babylon?

The plan we're convinced that, even in the best case scenario it works and he gets tricked back into Babylon, it wouldn't accomplish much since, as far as we're aware, there's nothing stopping him from just hopping back into our dimension?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:26 pm

Grimm remains unconvinced that he'd be able to just return like that. Even if he could, that it wouldn't be an instant thing, and that getting rid of Prometheus is the only effective way to destabilize the Godslayers. "Agree to disagree."

In each case, he concedes that no matter what, the Hamachi base may give them some much needed intel. the question is if it turns out to be a dead end what'll be happening next, and he's making clear what his own intention is. I am going under the assumption none of the trainers have quite agreed to it.

The short being that unless you guys decide(d) to do something drastic to try and stop him, he'll be showing up here regardless because he has his own interests in the place.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:42 pm

Honestly, if we hit a dead end Grimm's plan doesn't seem that bad. Doesn't involve sacrifices, and so long as it works it gets Prometheus out of the picture. Since he's the one that kills gods, sounds pretty good.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:57 pm

If they been tracking us, would they find out about the secret base? If so we need to add protections there too
Last edited by The Lost on Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:07 pm

The base is pretty deep underground, and the pokedexes probably can't get a signal down that far.

In addition, the only time we physically walked to the base was prior to our encounter with Goser - every subsequent base trip was done by way of book teleport. So, I think there's a good chance they wouldn't know that we're using the temple as a base (yet).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 am

There's no actual need to post if you don't have any insightful feedback just yet. This was all I could crank out for now, so I figured I might as well split it up and give a chance for feedback/questions, before Grimm finishes.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:42 am

Just a quick note: it's the other way around. The Patron is the one doing the giving, not the one receiving. So Giratina would be the patron :lol:

Interesting stuff, though, that there's a connection between here and Babylon through this 'land of the dead'. It'd make sense if that's where the dead from both dimensions end up going.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:52 am

Obviously, Giratina bowed to the great majesty that is Grimm. :shifty:

I can also say that if Grimm were to be pressured on that topic, he would respond that he believes it may be the case, in a sense. From what Giratina has told him, all creatures have their souls directly tied to their body in his realm, much like ghosts, meaning there is no afterlife as soul and body are destroyed in tandem. In each case, connection might be a bit of an overstatement given how it seems impossible to cross.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:41 pm

Oh right, everyone else is convinced that Giratina is a bad guy, including Grimm. That makes Giratina being Grimm's patron kinda weird, huh.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:55 am

I mean, Alex isn't convinced *Giratina* is a bad guy, it's just that *every single one of his followers* that Alex has met has been a bad guy. And Alex has been ready to throw hands at every godly thing we've come across other than Diancie, and he hardly interacted with her.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:04 am

For being on the gods side, he sure wants to throw hands with them a lot.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:21 am

I'm pretty tired, so I'm gonna ramble about Alex's attitude. And since I'm just rambling, I'm gonna put it in a spoiler to not smack people with a wall of text.
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:27 pm

Yo can I make an Intuition check on this? The info all lines up, but this is at least twice now that Grimm's pulled the wool over the trainers' eyes about some pretty important stuff. Koa can't really take Grimm at face value at this point.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:44 pm

Sure

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:03 am

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:15 am

Koa seems pretty sure that he's telling the truth this time. It does seem like he's intentionally trying to be as thorough as possible to make up for not (being allowed to) telling in the past.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:18 pm

So I know we're handling battles narratively now, but since we're gonna be going into a battle with a lady in an exosuit, I feel like this is my time. :cheer:

Koa also has an exosuit in the form of Kinhe. While the initial high he got the first time she bonded with him freaked him out, it's still something he wanted to work on with her since it's a powerful and useful ability. Maybe she could get to the point where she doesn't get him high whenever they bond?

Regardless, mechanically speaking it's something I've been wanting to do:
- Koa has the Defense, Kinhe the Special Defense, and they can intercept for each other for free
- If any big attacks come their way, Koa can Wide Guard it
- I planned on leveling Koa so he can make Leftovers to mitigate the drain he'd be taking per turn
- I've been raising Koa's Focus so he can safely decouple from her even after using the Possession to pump his stats a few times

So yeah, Koa would plan to be on the team that tackles the Fairy Box room and getting into a 1v1 mech fight with the exosuit lady :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:37 pm

Good intel! Yes, when we get to the battle, I'll try to include such information when given, just like how burns mentioned Haley being able to hack robots.

And it might not be completely flavor text either... I was considering adding an element of "risk" to some potential outcomes. Basically, depending on how difficult a path you choose. The path of least resistance I'd keep effectively risk free (unless some really dumb actions are taken), but, without trying to spoil anything, as an example you may be given a hard and easy path, with the harder path carrying more rewards, but having a % chance of triggering a bad event, based on how prepared I gauge everyone to be. Triggering it... I'll probably make some kind of "bad thing" list. Killing pc's likely won't be on it, but maybe there can be injuries of some kind.

Now, npc's on the other hand. >:)

On a serious note, what do you guys think about this as a solution to making the more dangerous choices still feel more dangerous?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:53 pm

I mean, yeah, I don't see a problem with it. It lets us know we can't just get away with doing whatever and it'll all work out. Seems fine

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:02 pm

I don't mind moving on towards base raid time

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:30 pm

Anyone not assigned to a team yet can still do as they prefer.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:12 am

Alex will just go with whichever team has the least manpower, since I haven't seen any indication of one team or the other needing a talky person in particular.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:35 am

Probably team tech? Considering the only npc's there are Jeremy and Isabella who are still "average".

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:42 am

Works for me.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:08 am

Isabella still has the heavy armor from the Vault at least, but yeah, they probably needed a little more manpower.

Coincidentally, 13 seems to be over there. If you wanna get talky then there's an opportunity.