Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:18 am

Substitute Action for Drake: Energy Blast the Clauncher, and have Crowley Bubblebeam the Drifblim/Loudred (depending on what's in range).

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:56 am

I'm assuming you don't need a post from Koa and Bruce atm? :shrug:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 am

I suppose you don't at this time if you don't want to.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Sounds good to me
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:59 am

So a quick question, both Irene and Rythem were grappled?

and if Rythem is grappled is it possible to recall her?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:00 am

Only Irene was grappled, and it's possible to recall Rythem.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:30 pm

As for Izzy: she could probably teleport to another part of the upper layer that's in view, yeah. Platform is big enough she could even teleport to another spot on there if she was inclined to stay.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Who just showed up at the pizzeria? A couple of guys?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Two of the "junkrats"- Who would have come there upon hearing there was problem in their district, if too late to actually do anything. (Also, you'd technically already see a third figure as well, one that is probably a bit more important... But I'll introduce her proper next update.)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:16 am

Would Bruce know any of the three figures?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:28 am

Phoenix would know the first two in passing perhaps, the third one... Definitely, although let's just say he doesn't notice her until after she enters. I mostly wanted to give you guys an update to "settle down" now things had turned back to normal, and not immediately turn to the whole "Oh hey the cavalry is here"... While also not completely disregarding that they DO arrive so you'd be like "Oh okay guess we'll move on now."

Also, Koa, Bruce and Irene each gain 740 exp to distribute among their pokemon, and 2 misc trainer exp

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:30 am

Experience!

Koa gains 2 Misc Exp. Only 8 more to go and he can finally level his Focus, which has been targeted a lot lately :roll:

Lonaki gains 403xp and 5 levels (26 -> 31)! He forgets Vicegrip and learns Crunch, just in time to fight some ghosts?
Makeno gains 255xp and 3 levels (26 -> 29)! He forgets Fury Cutter and learns False Swipe, to help in Koa's capture preparation!
Oh right, and Rawku gets the remaining 82xp, no level-ups.
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:35 am

Phoenix certainly gets around, huh! :P

So... since Brice didn't use any pokemon, I'm guessing he misses out on the exp?

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:40 am

Nah, just distribute it between your pokemon, would be rather unfair otherwise me thinks. :roll: Perhaps a slight penalty if you feel like you'd get off too easy..? :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Not giving a command action, Dusk?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:43 pm

I'd like to if you insist, but pretty sure the Intercept-Teleport used it up :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Okay, fair. :P

Also, Natrivv, sorry I might not have been super clear on that- She'd still remember her interactions within that place, she'd just remember some details about how she got there differently, and have imagined it as an abandoned storage place... Likely under the impression she was dragged there for a moment by the psychic lady, before being brought back. It's not my intention to make her forget everything that just happened, it'd kind of defeat her mother's plan to warn her about what was going to happen. Unless you'd prefer it this way..?

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:30 pm

edited

edit, also using this post for exp now that I'm at home

Ms. Cuddles gets 300 exp going up to level 28 learning the mighty move leer, and getting two points in atk, and 1 point in sp.d and spd.
Shock gets the rest going up to level 29 learning nothing, but get 3 points into spd

also somehow I fell behind on a feature, so Irene had some delayed growth, and just learned sage's benediction. Cause more ways to buff her allies is just what she needs :cheer:
Last edited by Natrivv on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Bruce gains 2 Misc Exp
Shadow gains 290 EXP, gaining three levels, points in his defensive stats of HP, Def, and SpDef, and learns the move Shadow Ball, replacing Payback
Skrelp gains 130 EXP, gaining a level, and a point in Atk
Foongus gains 190 EXP, gaining two levels, points in HP, and learns Toxic, replacing Absorb
Poipole gains 130 EXP, gaining a level, and a point in Speed, and learns Nasty Plot, replacing Growl

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:26 am

How close is the Goomy to Nate and Izzy, Mort? About 10m I'm guessing?

(Also Izzy is on 24Hp now :P )

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:37 am

Ten meters sound about right. And I'll update it. :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:50 am

Nate's movement speed is 9m (8+1 from Agility Training) so he should easily be able to reach the Goomy. Also his initiative is naturally 33/22 thanks to Early Bird. 37/22 with Agility Training :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:17 am

Engage pedantic mode
He turns to Queen and the other Junkrats. "If you're looking for that psychic lady, yeah she was here. She kidnapped my friend for a bit - teleported right outta here straight into their base, least that's what her text says," he says, fishing out his pokedex to double-check. "Problem is she's got some kinda... mind power, like, more than psychics usually do, something that erases or rewrites your memory or something. You said it was an anti...something?" Koa asks Garnet, who's probably still trying to hide despite being seen.
I'm gonna let it slide because I don't want to make too big a deal of it, and honestly given the ruling of it all it doesn't really make much of a difference anyway... And I also kind of roped you into it by saying the text was still the same- Truth is it IS, but that doesn't spare anyone from reading it to remember reading something else.

The overall intent of this thing is that while you can always act on the moment with full realization of what's going on, it takes less than a minute for those memories to be altered and become "innocent"... Although you've already learned that this is going on, and "concrete proof" like that text message would be a stark contrast with what one remembers, which might help figure out that not everything is as you "remember" it to be...

Try and not get too paranoid as you figure out how to deal with corrupted memories. :roll:

I guess it is a bit arbitrary about what can and can't be remembered though... The baseline is that anything directly, or any sign of unusual magic would be affected- But indirect stuff, such as the summoner talking about an "anti-meme", doesn't...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:33 am

I'm not sure what I said in that quote that wasn't acceptable. I mean, I had Kinhe confirm outright that something was off in Koa's head, and that along with Garnet's whole spiel should be enough to leave the impression of "my memories aren't what they seem."

Honestly I'm not a fan of this whole deal of 'pretending to forget things.' I feel like if you wanted us to remember things in a certain way, you should've presented events like how you wanted them to be remembered in the first place. Like, instead of showing us the Regi, you probably should've introduced her as a weird purple-haired psychic lady, with maybe a high enough Focus roll to be able to remember otherwise.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:15 am

Yeah, like I said- You've already figured out that your memories are being tampered with. That doesn't mean that you know of the unknown, so to speak... I've dealt with things by explaining how they would be remembered after the focus roll, which is why I concede the fault for this one actually lies on me and not on you- I put how things would be remembered in Irene's update, but I never explicitly carried it over to you even though it would. Basically, however, Irene doesn't remember being taken to their base- She remembers it as being taken to a nearby abandoned warehouse, and that's what Koa would in turn remember reading in the message... Unless one actively looks at it and realizes that's not at all what it said, of course.

On the other matter, I can understand your sentiment... But there are a couple reasons why I've chosen to do things this particular way... It's hard for me to really go in depth about it because it's impossible to do without inadvertently leaking some potential plot points, and I'm about to do so still in a lesser way... Assuming I had done things from a "you only see what you remember" perspective, the thing is nothing would be remembered. Thematically, there's no "beating" the checks, only the ability to remember that things are off or a bit strange... It'd also mean that things like the text message simply couldn't work, because I'd have to start off by telling Irene she's in an abandoned warehouse rather than their base- Basically, it'd boil down to a whole lot of "there's something funny going on here", but little to none actual clues... And then assuming it all eventually gets revealed? It'd be a huge copout.

Could it also have worked..? Maybe. But assuming it didn't I'd give the impression of a unreliable narrator once all is said and done, on top of having you guys act out in ways that in context don't make actual sense. And I think that would be much worse than this style of doing things.